Rule not matching "from" field

I want to set up a rule that will match words in the "From" field.
Sometimes I get mail like this:

From: bill@somedomain.com [mailer@someotherdomain.com]

I want to match "bill@somedomain.com".

I can't figure out how to match it. I can't pick "from people or
distribution list" because it won't let me match arbitrary email
addresses. I can't pick "with specific words in the sender's address" it
just doesn't work. So far as I can tell, it will only match the part in
the brackets.
0
fake1 (15)

Anon E. Mouse <fake@fake.com> wrote:

> I want to set up a rule that will match words in the "From" field.
> Sometimes I get mail like this:
>
> From: bill@somedomain.com [mailer@someotherdomain.com]
>
> I want to match "bill@somedomain.com".
>
> I can't figure out how to match it.

Use the "with specific words in the message header" condition.
--
Brian Tillman
0

extracting numbers from a text field and applying formula
here's my question... i have a cell that has a text field of this type: '9-19' (a-b) I want to create a formula that will subtract 19-9 (b-a) and return the result as a number// can anyone help?! is this even doable? I'd really appreciate it! PS also, i'm very fairly new at excel so a detailed response with th formula would really help! ALe ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try: =MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,99)-LEFT(A1,FIND("...

Rule to identify a from address
I am using Outlook 2003 and would like to filter mails emanating from a specific address to a folder. I have 2 problems: 1. While I can identify mails coming "through a specific account" but NOT through a specific EMAIL address ... for example an alias belonging to an account! 2. There seems to be no way of MOVING the mail to a folder. The closest ready-made rule is "move a copy to the specified folder". It has been possible to do this for years for years in emails clients like Eudora ... so I cannot believe that this is not possible in Outlook ... Can someone plea...

updating email address field from in-cell editing (table view)
All, I had several users who were able to edit email addresses for contacts on both PF and private contacts folder while viewing contacts in table view. example, modify Phone list or by category view and add email address field to the view. Try to edit the email address for a contact. This worked fine in Outlook 2002 SP2 with Exchange 2003 SP2 but is not working on Exchange 2003 Sp2 with Outlook 2003 SP2. Has anyone seen this and know how I can go back to using this small but critical functionality? Thanks, Rafael That's not possible. You'll need to open the contacts in O...

Autoreply rule removing HTML from OFT template
I have a outlook rule to autoreply to certain messages. I created an outlook template file (OFT) with the message I want to autoreply with. Works fine except the receipient receives the message in plain text with no HTML. The original message contains html formatting (bold, backcolor, etc. but no pictures). Any idea how to correct this? ...

Copying data from one Word field to another with Tracked Changes on, but this de
Using a 2003 Word form document, I have two fields on the first page that I want to auto update to corresponding fields on a second page. I set up a {REF} field on page 2 and set the form field to calculate on exit. It works perfectly after protecting the document, entering the page 1 fields, and exiting the fields. However, when I switch on track changes and protect the document, the {REF} fields on page 2 are deleted as soon as I enter something in the first form field on page 1. Sometimes one is deleted, sometimes both, and sometimes the markup shows "deleted" and someti...

Add Fields from Record
I have two tables. One has a unique PersonID with a lot of information about the person (one to one). Another table has one to many records with addresses associated with people. The 2nd table has an addressID and the same person can have several address. Each address has an address type. As it turns out, there is only one address type for each person, which helps me in what I want to do. I want to create a table that has a unique PersonID and a field in each record for two of the types of addresses. In other words, one person has what we call a HOR address and the same ...

I need to populate a sub-form field from the original form
I can't see how to do this. I want to be able to be in form1 and then if I need to use sub-form1, I want to be able to click on the sub-form button and the Primary field be autofilled from form1. For instance, Member ID is the primary key in form1. When I open sub-form1, I want the Member ID to populate in the sub-form. On Fri, 14 May 2010 17:48:01 -0700, Michael <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can't see how to do this. I want to be able to be in form1 and then if I >need to use sub-form1, I want to be able to click on the sub-form button an...

Posting to Public Folder-VIEW--the FROM field
When I post to a public folder, and click VIEW--the FROM field is grayed out. This worked in Outlook 2000. Are there any work-arounds? ...

From: field in OWA?
Is there a way, in OWA, to get the From: field while composing a new message so that you can Send As another user? It's an option in Outlook 2003, but darned if I can find where to get it to show up on a new message in OWA. Maybe OWA doesn't support this? On 11 Aug 2006 07:24:02 -0700, "Aaron" <Aaron.Smith@kzoo.edu> wrote: >Is there a way, in OWA, to get the From: field while composing a new >message so that you can Send As another user? It's an option in >Outlook 2003, but darned if I can find where to get it to show up on a >new message in OWA. ...

Matching a value in two worksheets, and then copying a cell from one to other
Hi there, Noob alert :) I have a workbook containing several worksheets. I will be adding another worksheet that will, in effect, be a master for all of the other worksheets. In the source worksheets (existing) there will be several employee id's (unique) per sheet (sheets are different departments), and a seperate column housing that employees pay rate. Any employee may work for one or more departments, so there may be duplicate id's when considering all of the worksheets, but in each, the id will be unique. What I would like to do, is have the master worksheet with an individual u...

From Field
Hi, I am working with an exchange and outlook 2000. I have a default email address(my domain) and one external address(hotmail) in my profile. When I specify at From field my external address the receiver gets the email from the internal address. Is there a way to show just the external email to the receiver? I will appreciate your help Thank You Andrew ...

Creating/modifing Outlook Rules from Excel
Does anybody have an example of how to create/modify a rule from excel? What I want to do, is once I make a contact with somebody, flag their email address so that when I get email from them, it will move it to a special folder. Thanks, Bruce I don't know how to to that from Excel, but to do it from Outlook is relatively simple. Did you mean to specify Outlook? >-----Original Message----- >Does anybody have an example of how to create/modify a rule from excel? >What I want to do, is once I make a contact with somebody, flag their email >address so that when I get emai...

Extracting text from XML fields
Hi - all, I'm in the middle of converting a database and one of the notes fields has come across with XML data around the text. Is there a routine I could use in Access to extract the text I need from the XML code so I'm just left with the notes text? I've found a routine here but I've no idea how to implement it into Access: http://code.activestate.com/recipes/65128/ Thanks in advance for your help. On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 22:01:08 GMT, "rob4465" <u57485@uwe> wrote: Set a reference to "Microsoft XML, v6.0". If you don't have it li...

How do I match values from cells to a list of info
Which function would I use to link data entered in to cells to the corresponding value in the chart. A B C D 1 1 1.5 2 2 .5 2 7 12 3 1 3 8 13 4 1.5 4 9 14 5 2 5 10 15 6 2.5 6 11 16 According to the chart 2x1.5=10. If one cell has the value of 2 another cell has the value of 1.5, is there a function to connect the info? Sorry if the question makes no sense, I am struggling. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One way... A10 = vertical lookup ...

Choosing subform fields from master form
Hello - I have a master form with 4 subforms. 3 of the subforms have only checkboxes. The boss wants to choose the checkboxes displayed in subforms. For example, this week the boss wants users to view checkbox1, checkbox2, checkbox5, and checkbox7 in a subform. The following week he wants users to see checkbox3, checkbox4, checkbox6, and checkbox 8. I'd like the boss to have an administrator console where he chooses what checkboxes will be available for the users.How do I handle this with a multiuser split database? Any ideas? Thanks! Steve -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com htt...

Map 2 Custom Fields from Opportunity to Quote
Hi, I have created 2 new fields in opportunityproduct and created the same fields in quotedetail. Is it possible to configure crm 3.0 that when a quote is created from an opportunity, that the values of these fields appear in the corresponding fields in quotedetail? Can someone help me? Thanks Roland Take a look at this knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914921/en-us HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Roland" <hochzeit-lindecke@web.de> wrote in message news:1150203846.876927.137980@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >...

Can you add fields from other sheets for a grand total?
I have multiple sheets in a doc each sheeet is formatted the same, each sheet is one month basically, at the bottom of each sheet is a total for each column, and I'd like to find out the sum of all columns for each sheet combined. If the sums are in the same location on each sheet, you could do this: Insert a couple of worksheets--one to the far left of your worksheets to sum and one to the far right. Call them Start and End. Then insert another worksheet to hold the sums--but put it outside this "sandwich" of worksheets. Then you can use: =sum('start:end'!a55...

Adding fields from a different query

insert a field from custom properties in the label shape
I tried to insert a "custom propertie" in the label of a shape from the "Basic Network Shapes 3D" stencil, but when i try to insert ("label" -> Insert Field... -> Custom Properties) nothing appears in the "Field:" text box for the category "Custom Properties". How can i resolve this problem? Thank You. jmc Right-click the Shape \ Format \ Behavior Under "Group behavior", select "Edit Text of Group" You should now be able to add a Field of Custom Properties in the text of the shape -- -ronnie [MS] This postin...

"from" field
Where is the "From" field. (the field that overwrites the email address of the computer is it sent from). We need to be able to put a group address in the email along with the "to" and the "CC". This was avalable in previous verions of microsoft office/outlook. We have been updated to Microsoft entourage 2004 for mac, version 11.2.4. Hi, The "from" field information can be edited in Entourage's account setup. It's similar to Outlook's. From Entourage's TOOLS menu choose ACCOUNTS. On the MAIL tab Double-click the account you want to...

Don't download from mail server rule?
Using Outlook 2003, is there any way to set up a rule so that mail from a particular e-mail address is NOT downloaded from a POP server? Thanks. Not within Outlook. But if you set a rule within your web based mailbox to move it to another folder, then Outlook won't see the message and can't download it either. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "John" <john@somewhere.co...

Missing From field in Emails in Entourage
Hello, I've recently migrated some users from Lotus Notes to Exchange. When I export a users mail file in Notes to a .pst file and import it to Exchange, all of the emails that were imported are missing the From field in Entourage 2004. The funny thing is that you can see the data if you up up Outlook 2004 on a PC. Any ideas??? ImpendingDOOM39 wrote: > Hello, > > I've recently migrated some users from Lotus Notes to Exchange. When I > export a users mail file in Notes to a .pst file and import it to > Exchange, all of the emails that were imported are missing the Fro...

Email the files in the Attachment Field from Access 2007
Access 2007 - I have a form with an Attachment field. The user selects files (Excel, Word etc) using this field and then I have a button to email these files as attachments to Outlook. Does anyone have code to do this? Thank you I do that in my application but it gets complex the way I do it because I use an email template and an smtp component to send the emails. I basically extract the file(s) from the attachment field and save them to a directory called "Attachments999" and save the path in an array. I expect 9 or less attachments in the attachments field. ...

Report broken down by results from a calculated field
Hello, I have a query which calculates a date which is 100 days from the initial referral date. Other fields in the query are: patient ID, date of surgery and the reason why no surgery within 100 days of referral if applicable (this field is added through a combobox that only gives choice of 3 options). I would need a report that groups the results of the calculated field (those who had surgery within 100 days of initial referral, those who did not have surgery within 100 days and those who do not yet have surgery date. Those who do NOT have surgery within 100 days of referral, I nee...

The "From" field of OWA is disappeared
We have a existing Exchange Server 2000 running in Windows Server 2000, clients usually using Microsoft Outlook Web Access to access her mailbox mail. She wonder that the "From" field of OWA is disappeared. How to make the "From" field appear again? I appreciate all of you. If she is not able to see the From field when viewing emails in the Inbox then she may have selected another view. Check that the view selected is Messages. This should have the From field. Regards, -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "cytam21" <cytam2...