Rule info

TIA!   Just migrated to outlook 2003 from 2000 (on a WinXP Pro machine).  Is
there a reference anywhere that explains what the various rule statements
mean, or how to change the default boolean when linking the rule statements?
I would love to make use of the new rules but am having difficulty
interpreting their meaning.

For instance, now there is a rule "sender is in 'specified' address book and
on this machine only".  The rule does not make sense if the address book is
a subset of the GAL (All Users) which is not 'on this machine only'.  Also,
the rule I need should work on the exchange server, not the client.

I am trying to create a rule that recognizes all the mail originating from
my own company (approx. 10,000 employees, then there are also groups, etc.),
but the 'with specific words in the sender's address' apparently does not
search within the string of messages originating from Exchange clients so
top level domain name cannot be used.  Nor does looking for the domain name
in the headers seem to work.  This appears to only be true of messages
originating from Exchange clients, as messages originating from unix systems
do get filtered.

I would prefer a good reference, but if none exists, then any help with
figuring how to decipher any mail originating from within the same domain
would be great.

Regards,

Eric J Owens
AT&T Business Services
MasterCard Account

0
ejowens (3)

Two problems with rules
Hi I would appreciate help with these two questions. I have Microsoft Outlook 2002 running on Windows XP Professional, and am trying to set up a "mail server" alternative where people can email in to an address and have that message forwarded on to a distribution list. I get the message when trying to select my distribution list that it "is a personal distribution list that may not be used with this feature". Does this mean I need exchange to do what I want to? Secondly, I want to send the outgoing messages through an account which is not the default. Is this possible?...

rules not forwarding intenet mail
Hi, We have exch 5.5 server iwith win2k server for ONLY INTERNAL MAIL and Public FOLDER and outside mail is hosted by third party One user with windows xp and outlook xp, the RULE send mail to Balckberry internet address. Other User have win 2k pro machine with outlook 2000, "Rule.." does forward to Backberry when mail is only configured for internet mail and pesonal folder but it doesnot when it is configured with internet mail and local mail server setting are same for BOTH users We uninstall and reinstalled outlook 2000 with sp3, windows sp4. blackberry works as we can send dir...

Color Rules #2
I applied a color rule to color emails from someone in a specific color. When the rule is applied for this person, anyone else that has the same first name also picks up the rule. For instance if I set up a rule to color email from Susan Smith in BLUE, emails from Susan Jones also turn BLUE. Anyone know why? What, exactly, is the content of this rule? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Mel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

"No Auto Naming rule was defined for"
Hello, I run a Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003 server, and there's an application trying to connect to it with DAPI. It fails with the following error. Please notice the spaces where some name was supposed to appear: 'defined for _', 'default rule _' and 'value for _'. "No Auto Naming rule was defined for The default rule will be used if no value for is specified in the import file. An Auto Naming rule can be defined using the Options menu item in the Exchange Administrator program." I remember back in the times of Exchange 5 this was a known is...

Control reciepient list in email template from Workflow rule?
Does anyone know howto control the reciepient list in email templates sent from a workflow rule? //Martin Hoegsted ...

Email Rules
How do I enable more then X Rules to run on the server for moving email into different folders, etc... Eric there's a hard-coded limit of 32k for rules, in Outlook...you can try "nesting" rules... "Eric A. Weintraub" <eric-ng-ms@scriptlogic.com> wrote in message news:%23L2f1fUsEHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > How do I enable more then X Rules to run on the server for moving email > into different folders, etc... > > Eric ...

Qustion regarding BCC and Rules
Is it possible to create a rule that will move messages that have a blank to: field or that is using the bcc option. Thanks for any help on this. ...

Link to Ruters for Stock Ticker Info
My tidy spreasheet has a column for a stock ticker. What code and ho would I link to Ruters or Yahoo to get to the info they have on th stock. Also would this make my spreadsheet huge? I track up to 20 stocks. Thanks Dav -- davidgwhitma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- davidgwhitman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26998 Goto xltraders ( A yahoo group) and download a free file of mine mailto:xltraders-subscribe@yahoogroups.com -- Don ...

Why are rules so slow?
Am running outlook sp2 on vista sp2 and laptop is working fine when I create a rule moving the email into a folder and then request it now be actioned, it can take ages (>1min) even if there is only 1 message rarely a rule will work quickly in this respect my pst file is c 2gb Is there anything I can do to get these new rules to run faster? Which version of Outlook are you using? How many rules do you have configured? Does it work faster when all rules are turned off? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration p...

Administering E-mail Rules for Microsoft Exchange 5.5
I am looking for a way to control the usage of Rules by my users. Is there any way I can customize the Rules Wizard to only show certain options to the user. Specifically, I wish to disallow auto-forwarding of mail (internally and externally). The only rules I believe are required are; Moving mail to another folder Deleting mail Running scripts on mail There seems to be no way under Exchange5.5 to configure this using GPOs or indeed any other method. I can't believe I'm the only person who'd like to do this. Any ideas? Cheers Dave ...

Looking for "Select All" on "Run Rules Now" Dialog...
Does anyone know if there's a shortcut key to select all the rules in the ListBox presented on the Run Rules Now dialog...? I have pages of rules set up and I find that I have to click each one of those CheckBoxes to apply all my rules to the Inbox (this is for those instances where I need to file email from sources where the rules didn't run automatically like bringing email home from work)... Thanks... ...

Payables History Missing Apply Info
Our Payables HATB is off compared to the GL and I've found that for two invoices that were paid by credit memos for some reason are in History but without Apply Information. The Credit Memos that were applied to them are also showing in History but with no Apply Records. The two invoices are showing up on the HATB and will continue to show unless I figure out how to get the apply records back. Anyone else experience this and how did you fix it. I've already tried running check links. thanks Jav, Unfortunately, you will have to rebuild the apply records. Usually what I do ...

Pull info from one excel file to another depending on values of O.
I need the formula that can transfer rows based on a > value of a cell in a row into a different excel file. For example: Part# Jan Mar Oct Total Avg 1st QtrAvg 2nd QtrAvg 3rd QtrAvg 4th Qtr Avg 913 3 1 1 5 1.6 1.3 0.00 0.00 .33 I want to be able to pull the rows whose values are > 1.0 for a Qtr avg. or a given qty into a separate file perpetually. ...

"Rules in error"
I have someone who is getting a "rules in error" message when opening Outlook 2002 (Exchange 2003). The rule is "Server-Requested Client Action." The error is "MoveCopy, Unable to create dest. msg." But the person does not have any rules created in Outlook. Any suggestions? Thanks Ron k. ...

Server rule help!
Hi there, I have a user who has a default SMTP address of tim@mydomain.com. Tim also has an SMTP address of aff@mydomain.com. I need to create a rule on the server that will deliver all emails that are addressed to aff@mydomain.com to a specific folder. Preferrably a folder in Tim's mailbox but it could be delivered to a public folder. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? I really need this to be a server rule. Thanks!!! Marc. On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:05:41 -0500, "Marc Thompson" <(NO SPAM) my email address is marc at sycron dot com> wrote: >Hi there, > &g...

Can't remove Manager relationship from user's organization info
I have a CRM 4.0 user record with an invalid Manager relationship that I can't delete. I can change the Manager but that is not a desirable solution. I want NO manager specified for this user. How do I proceed? Regards to all, ncs It doesnt seem if you can make it empty once you have assigned a value to this lookup (Manager --- parentsystemuserid from SystemUserBase). I dont know if you go down to the database level and update it to NULL again ( although it is unsupported ). /Aamir ...

how to create a rule in outlook 2003 ?
"create rulein outlook" <create rulein outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3EC8EE8-ECE3-44D3-B501-0FA9ADC3F099@microsoft.com... > Please note - This LARGE WHITE SPACE is specifically designed for you to write your question in. have you REALLY REALLY tried looking at any of your Outlook functions AT ALL? Tools-Rules and Alerts will help you. create rulein outlook <create rulein outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > > > > > > > The emptiness in your post is probably a mirror of the emptiness in your...

ie8 rules(2), iframe src
If insert code behind, ie8 runs wrong, ie6/ie7 works good. <IFRAME id=drframe style="WIDTH: 886px; HEIGHT: 401px" name=drframe marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://" frameBorder=0 width=500 scrolling=no height=400></IFRAME> I notice src=��http://��, if I write src=����, pages display all right. This is bugs? Hi, No Bugs here! He's gone to Pismo Beach for Spring, where "ya can eat all the clams ya want". http:// is a protocol (eg. http://, https://, ftp://, file://). Protocol is a member of the uri object. ...

Rules wizard #46
I have set a rule to move certain new messages that are sent to a mailing list to a folder and mark it as read. But it doesn't seem to be working when I receive the message. However when I click the run now button in the rules wizard it works fine. I have checked the "turn this rule on" check box. Any help would be gratefully received. Matt I have a similar post for the same problem. It used to work and no longer does. Please post a solution if you have one. Thanks. "Matthew Collins" <Matt22coll-news@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:ckul1h$2u...

server side rules #6
I have a user with two SMTP emails and I need emails coming to one, to go into his regular inbox folder, and to the other, to go into a new folder I created for him -- both in the same mailbox. Client side rules seem to not work properly because they are not filtered by the literal email but by the active directory account so they both map to wherever the rule is set up. Some have suggested that server side rules seem to be more flexible for this, but I have not been able to find this ability through the Exchange System Manager. Can someone tell me where this can be done and if this is ...

Vendor
I am trying to figure out the best way to track additional contact information for a vendor. Specifically, I would like to track sales reps contact information including phone, fax and email, website address and the type of product or service that they provide. I could just make an address ID for the sales contact, but I was wondering if there is a better way to do this? Thank you in advance! Craig Craig, As you said, entering another Address ID is one option. Other option is to use Extender to create another form to capture these addresses however you need to have extender for this...

extracting contact info to a database
can anyone tell me how to extract contact management information from excel to export to act 2004 I don't use ACT, but until you get a better answer, have you looked under ACT's file menu. Is there an Import option? If yes, does that support *.xls files. Heck, does ACT allow File|open of *.xls files directly? If it doesn't, you may want to look for .CSV files in ACT's import routine (or File|open). Excel allows you to save each sheet in a workbook as a .CSV (comma separated values). If ACT can import that, you're almost done. gordie wrote: > > can anyone ...

Attachment and rules
Hi, Is it possible in Exchange 5.5 to make a rule that stops receiving emails with this kind of aqttachment like pif, exe, scr, and some others because of virus threat. Best regards. You need some 3rd party help for this. See: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_control.htm for solutions. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >Is it possible in Exchange 5.5 to make a rule that stops >receiving emails with this kind of aqttachment like pif, >exe, scr, and some others because of virus threat. > >Best regards. >. > I use Norton Corporate Edition for Exchange an...

Set a rule to delete unrecognized addresses
I manage the e mail address list for a rock band and we inevitably hav a lot of addresses that are not real or recognized. (people don' always write their adresses clearly in the dark after a few drinks!) would like to set a rule whereby such addresses were automaticall deleted from my address book when I send out a newsletter. Is thi possible? Jim ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How can I customize info in contact detail?
Version2003 111.8313.8221 SP3 mslevy wrote: > Version2003 111.8313.8221 SP3 what do you want to customize? If you want to customize the form, you need to go to Tools, forms, design a form and enter design mode. 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=46202 http://www.outlookforums.com ...