Rule for meeting appointments / invitations?

Here's a new one on me.  I'm in yet another contract, this time it's my
first at a managerial level.  So, moving on up.

The new twist here is that I'm receiving all the meeting invitations sent to
my boss, a DG.  And they're turning out to be quite a few.  Since they're
just coming to me and I don't need to action them, wanted to set up a rule
so that they'd be diverted into a specific folder.  Also, would like my own
meeting requests to have a rule of their own to go into yet another folder.

But, couldn't figure out how to do this via the usual rule method I've been
using for years.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!  :oD

0
noSpam9680 (54)

Don't keep your version a secret as it often makes a BIG difference to the
instructions we can give you.

Here are some tips about how to post questions:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant

There are various articles about using Outlook here: www.judygleeson.com
Canberra, Australia

"StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in message
> Here's a new one on me.  I'm in yet another contract, this time it's my
> first at a managerial level.  So, moving on up.
>
> The new twist here is that I'm receiving all the meeting invitations sent
> to my boss, a DG.  And they're turning out to be quite a few.  Since
> they're just coming to me and I don't need to action them, wanted to set
> up a rule so that they'd be diverted into a specific folder.  Also, would
> like my own meeting requests to have a rule of their own to go into yet
> another folder.
>
> But, couldn't figure out how to do this via the usual rule method I've
> been using for years.  Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thanks!  :oD

0
gleeson_judy (322)
10/31/2007 10:31:25 PM
Version:  O2K.

"StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in message
> Here's a new one on me.  I'm in yet another contract, this time it's my
> first at a managerial level.  So, moving on up.
>
> The new twist here is that I'm receiving all the meeting invitations sent
> to my boss, a DG.  And they're turning out to be quite a few.  Since
> they're just coming to me and I don't need to action them, wanted to set
> up a rule so that they'd be diverted into a specific folder.  Also, would
> like my own meeting requests to have a rule of their own to go into yet
> another folder.
>
> But, couldn't figure out how to do this via the usual rule method I've
> been using for years.  Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thanks!  :oD

0
noSpam9680 (54)
11/1/2007 8:05:05 PM
I think rules are a bit limited on Version 2000. You could use words in the
subject:

For example, if the Subject contains  "Mettings Request:"  then do whatever.

> Version:  O2K.
>
> "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in message
>> Here's a new one on me.  I'm in yet another contract, this time it's my
>> first at a managerial level.  So, moving on up.
>>
>> The new twist here is that I'm receiving all the meeting invitations sent
>> to my boss, a DG.  And they're turning out to be quite a few.  Since
>> they're just coming to me and I don't need to action them, wanted to set
>> up a rule so that they'd be diverted into a specific folder.  Also, would
>> like my own meeting requests to have a rule of their own to go into yet
>> another folder.
>>
>> But, couldn't figure out how to do this via the usual rule method I've
>> been using for years.  Is there a way to do this?
>>
>> Thanks!  :oD

0
gleeson_judy (322)
11/1/2007 9:19:19 PM
Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook) <gleeson_judy@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I think rules are a bit limited on Version 2000. You could use words
> in the subject:
>
> For example, if the Subject contains  "Mettings Request:"  then do
> whatever.

Does OL 2000 have a rule whose condition is "uses the _form name_ form"?  If
so, you could select the "meeting request" form to process all meeting
requests.  You could include the "Appointment" form as well so that it
processes either meeting requests or appointments that you receive.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/2/2007 12:43:00 PM
I can't remember that far back!

--

> Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook) <gleeson_judy@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think rules are a bit limited on Version 2000. You could use words
>> in the subject:
>>
>> For example, if the Subject contains  "Mettings Request:"  then do
>> whatever.
>
> Does OL 2000 have a rule whose condition is "uses the _form name_ form"?
> If so, you could select the "meeting request" form to process all meeting
> requests.  You could include the "Appointment" form as well so that it
> processes either meeting requests or appointments that you receive.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
gleeson_judy (322)
> Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook) <gleeson_judy@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think rules are a bit limited on Version 2000. You could use words
>> in the subject:
>>
>> For example, if the Subject contains  "Mettings Request:"  then do
>> whatever.
>
> Does OL 2000 have a rule whose condition is "uses the _form name_ form"?
> If so, you could select the "meeting request" form to process all meeting
> requests.  You could include the "Appointment" form as well so that it
> processes either meeting requests or appointments that you receive.

Yes, it does!  This works fabulously (so far, at any rate <g>).  I set up a
rule and when some instances still slipped through, got them with the
appointment form.

Thanks for this!  Every new job we go to tends to bring new challenges but
an inbox full of meeting requests that now get shunted to another folder
really makes life a heck of a lot easier! <g>

0
noSpam9680 (54)
11/5/2007 3:50:28 PM
StargateFanFromWork <NoSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote:

> Yes, it does!  This works fabulously (so far, at any rate <g>).  I
> set up a rule and when some instances still slipped through, got them
> with the appointment form.

Thanks for letting us know.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

EMPTY CELLS!!! Validation Rule!!!
How do I set up a cell to be 0.0 (zero) if there is no data available??? I know is on the Validation Rule, but I don't know the formula. I can't add the values of other cells becasue there are a few empty ones. PLEASEEE HELP!! Thanks It sounds as if setting the Default Value to 0 will accomplish what you need. For existing records you will need to do something such as run an update query to replace null with 0. You may be able to use the control's Exit event to add the value, depending on just what you need to do. I don't think you can use table-level validation to add...

Using Resources(Meeting Rooms, Projector, etc.) on Public Folder
We are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 and Outlook 2000. Is there any article that I can read on how to Publish Resources on All Public Folders? Mark Mark, Here is the article that details how to enable resource accounts in Outlook 2000. Your message hinted that you have mail-enabled public folders and are attempting to manage resources via these public folders ? This is a very common misconception with Outlook. While it is possible to script public folders to perform this type of function, using resource accounts is much easier to administer. This is the most common usage for hosting confer...

Workflow rule to check changes in CRM fields
Is there anyway using work flow to check fields change such as if one of the address fields on account or contact is changed then send email to appropirate CRM user? I have has a look at the only thing to evoke the workflow rule is when Assign, Create, Manual or Status change. Cheers Kyaw Hi, You have to use post-callouts to check this situation. "Kyaw" wrote: > Is there anyway using work flow to check fields change such as if one of the > address fields on account or contact is changed then send email to > appropirate CRM user? > > I have has a look at ...

Store Ops Business Rules
When creating an application in VB6, how can I make the SessionClass object available to Forms and other Classes. John Are you talking about a 'live' SessionClass passed into your application via a Process() function called from a Custom POS button or a Hook Event? If so, just pass the Session around as a By Ref parameter, or create a Set Property in your form/class module to set a reference to the SessionClass just after you instantiate your object. If you are looking to have an external application create it's own Session, there are several things you have to do. Th...

Can I Invite a Public Calendar on an Email?
I would like to be able to add an appointment to my personal calendar and invite the public calendar too to get that appointment into the public calendar. I have read that this is possible because all public folders have an email address, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this. Thanks! right click on the pf calendar and choose properties - there is an option to add the calendar to your address book. you can also guess at the address - many times the folder name is the email alias - if its longer than 8 characters, try the first 8. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Autho...

outlook rules #18
is there a way to add more than one word or phrase at a time to an outlook rule? I have a list of a hundreds of words/phrases that would just be daunting to add by hand. Doesn't look like any way to edit the rwz file. And is there a limit to the number of words/phrases to look for in each rule? I've been looking for a spam filter that integrates with Outlook that would have the ability to import the words/phrases, but can't find one. They all have one word/phrase at a time input. I use a separate program that scans the mail first and then lets mail into Outlook. I can cut and pa...

not forwarding emails with a rule
I have set my outlook 2003 (connected to exchange 2003) to anytime I recieve an email if my name is in teh TO box or teh CC box, to forward it to a different email address (not one in my domain, my yahoo account) It isn't working. I even tried the same thing using the out of office assistant. It will send out teh out of office response, but it still isn't forwarding the emails to my yahoo account. Any ideas? "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message news:uzT5JL5hHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have set my outlook 2003 (connected to exchange 2003) t...

Rule to Delete Blank Subject
Can a rule be created to delete any email with no subject? Tried rule wizard & typed a blank space but didn't work. thanks dcrull <dcrull@carolina.rr.com> wrote: > Can a rule be created to delete any email with no > subject? Tried rule wizard & typed a blank space but > didn't work. Create a rule that applies to all mail to delete the message. Add an exception that individually specifies every keyboard character (separated by "or"). -- Brian Tillman ...

OnChange Event
Hi, I need to add an OnChange Event to a picklist field that will trigger a manual workflow rule when a certain picklist value is selected. I have not previously used the OnChange feature of CRM so I do not know how to write or make the code work. Basically, this is what I am attempting: if Picklist.currentvalue changed to Picklist.1 then trigger "Name of Manual Workflow It is pretty basic. Can someone provide me with the code to accomplish the above? Thank you, Donna ...

scheduled appointments appear on weekly calendar do not appear on.
scheduled appointments appear on daily and weekly calendars do not appear on monthly calendar. Always did in past. Could it be windows 7 issue? "gardiapw44" <gardiapw44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1E07907-B07E-4351-8505-B2BF1EFF43A9@microsoft.com... > scheduled appointments appear on daily and weekly calendars do not appear on > monthly calendar. Always did in past. Could it be windows 7 issue? What Outlook version? Do you sync with a handheld? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

About Regarding Fielding in Appointment
I can see the Regarding Fielding when I new a message, but I can't see the Regarding Fielding when I new an appointment, what's should be the problem? thanks! you must have removed the Regarding field from the form. Customize the Appointment form and place the Regarding attribute back on the form. HTH "sampling" wrote: > I can see the Regarding Fielding when I new a message, but I can't see the > Regarding Fielding when I new an appointment, what's should be the problem? > thanks! ...

Rules, Rules, Rules
I am trying to make a rule that tells people I am out of office because I don't have an out of office menu (do not use Exchange). When I select "reply using a specific template" I run into a problem. I do not have any "Standard Templates" loaded so I want to create one under "User Template in File System". But this is looking for a *.oft file. What is a *.oft file and how do I create one? Any other way to accomplish making this rule? Create your out of office message using Outlook's mail editor, not word. then use file->save as->outlook templ...

through specified account rule
If I try and set up a rule under outlook 2003 to process mail received through a specified account, the 'through this machine only' box also gets ticked and the tick cannot be removed. Also, I am trying to set up this rule on a profile that retrieves from two pop3 accounts and when I click apply, the 'specifed account' reverts from the desired account to the default account. Is this a bug or can anyone help please? That rule only works on "this machine" because that's where the account is, so the tick is correct. The selected account should remain select...

OWA2003 server side rule problem
Hi there, Exchange 2003 running on W2K3 server with BE & FE, BE is also runs AD. Now via FE's OWA, I login & create rule there to auto fwd "send only to me" emails to my personal pop3 mailbox. I found that when exchange receive emails, it did auto fwd a copy out, however my personal pop3 mailbox never receive it. From ESM msg tracking, it said at backend server, date/time SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store date/time SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing date/time SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue date/time SMTP: Message Submitted ...

Message Rules #8
I have several accounts, one is for a familiy member. I want to direct messages that are sent to her account, into a folder I've created for her, yet whenever I set up the rule (I've tried many ways) ALL messages go into her mailbox, or NONE do! This never happened in Outlook Express... Thanks for any help... pgardner <peeg67@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have several accounts, one is for a familiy member. I > want to direct messages that are sent to her account, > into a folder I've created for her, yet whenever I set up > the rule (I've tried many ways) ...

Help with rules
I recently upgraded Office 2000 to Office Xp. I used to organise items using organise items button to move spam email addresses to the deleted folder. Now I've upgraded, when I add new emails, it says it can't make a new rule and check folder permission Can your mailbox work as usual? I means that whether it can get and send your mails and save your drafts? "Nathaniel" <nathanielpangilinan9@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:014b01c3b7dc$14134080$a001280a@phx.gbl... I recently upgraded Office 2000 to Office Xp. I used to organise items using organise items button...

Run macro through rule
Hi all, I have a rule setup that puts all my Voicemail emails into a folder called Voicemail. Since my voicemails are in WAV format, I want to convert these into MP3. My idea to do this was to automatically save the .WAV file to a specific folder and then have an app that monitors that folder convert it to MP3 and then email it to me. The only thing is I can't figure out how to have a rule run a macro. I have a macro all created that will save the attachment to a specific folder, but I can't figure out to get it to run via a rule. Any ideas? Thanks. -Flash Workflow: In Outlook...

Interesting Rule Problem and "on other computer"
I pulled my old .pst into a clean installation of Outlook 2003. I then saw that my rules were there, and downloaded my mail. No where to be found. I saw them come in (over 1000 mails!) - but they were not in the inbox, not anywhere. I even did a search for emails that were newer than yesterday, and nothing popped up. Then, later, I realized that the rules were set to something like "other computer" or something like that. That designation was removed when I went in and edited each and every rule and made sure that all items were pointing to the right places. The strange thing was...

Exchange 2010 and Entourage Meeting Requests
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange We set up Exchange 2010 recently and our Mac users with Entourage 2008 WSE. Entourage has been updated as well as Exchange to latest releases. <br><br>The issue we're seeing is an Entourage user gets a meeting request in their email and accepts it within the mail message. The meetings goes on their calendar locally but if I go into OWA the appointment is not there. Now, if I go back to Entourage, find the appointment on the Calendar locally, and &quot;re-accept&quot; it...

Scheduling meetings with ACT! users
We have a network in our office and some of the users have ACT! and others have Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2003, you can send invitations to other Outlook members and if accepted, the meeting appears on their calendar (removal works the same). My question is: Can Outlook 2003 receive and act on similar invitations originating form ACT! 2007 (ver 9)? Is there some sort of conversion process that allows Outlook 2003 to process the meeting scheduling request from ACT!? Howard Have you asked Act! what calendars THEY support since it is newer than = Outlook 2003 and the onus is on t...

Rules
I have set up my bosses email to auto forward emails containing the words meeting - meet - minutes etc. How do I stop auto forward for emails that I am in the TO list (As I end up getting 2 copies 1 from the sender and 1 from the bosses auto foward) -- Cheers Ed "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EA5A7B4-1800-49C7-B3EC-1389C0EC3031@microsoft.com... >I have set up my bosses email to auto forward emails containing the words > meeting - meet - minutes etc. How do I stop auto forward for emails that I > am > in the TO list (As I end up...

counting data in two columns on worksheet that meet certain criteria:
i need to count the number of rows in my 8 column spreadshet that mee one citeria in column c and another in column f? Ex: if column c=3 an column f=no how many rows meet both criteria ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com try =SUMPRODUCT((C1:C21=3)*(F1:F21="no")) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "patam" <patam.xilda@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:patam.xilda@excelforum-nospam.com... > > i need to c...

Outlook 2000
I need to know how/if I can create a rule so that when I open an email it is moved to a second folder upon opening. I am trying to prevent 2 people from working on the same email at the same time. If there are other ways to do this, I am all ears. Thanks for the help. Jason You can set up a rule to forward mail to a recipient or a rule to move email to a folder based on key words or sender. So, I suppose that you could set up rules forwarding email from certain people to one worker and from others to another worker (you could also do this by key word). Hope this helps. >----...

Rules for shared inbox
Can you setup rules for a shared inbox? We have an inbox that mutliple people in the office have access to but we want to set up rules. One of which would be an auto reply. When I setup rules they seem to default to my personal inbox. Thanks I should add this is Outlook 2007 "cluckers" wrote: > Can you setup rules for a shared inbox? We have an inbox that mutliple > people in the office have access to but we want to set up rules. One of > which would be an auto reply. > When I setup rules they seem to default to my personal inbox. > > Tha...

How can I convert Outlook 2007 Rules files (.rwz) to something editable?
I want to manage the rules a little simpler than with the built-in rules wizard. I can export the rules to a .rwz file. - Is there a description someplace of the .rwz file? - Is there a simple script or tool to convert to a .rwz file to a .csv or some other format? A perl script, VB, etc. would be fine. -- AllBackJack ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AllBackJack's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/160330.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1277959.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...