Rule - delete if sender is blank?

I've been getting a TON of these new e-mails with viruses attached. The
attachments vary in size but average around 1MB. The Sender and Subject line
and Body are always left empty, the spam filter I use (Pop File) renames the
subject to [unclassified] since it can't catagorize an e-mail with no sender
subject or content body. Usually in popfile I can read all messages in plain
txt form seeing all headers and stuff, but on these particular messages,
there isn't even any header information displayed.

I want to make a rule that just deletes this e-mails, not put them in trash,
just permanently delete them.

Is it possible to make a rule  to perm delete message if the senders name or
the message is empty?

0
rob4828 (15)

Here's a vile solution:
Create a rule that deletes all mail except when the sender contains a, b,
c, d..., z, 0, ... 9
You'll lose a few while you're testing that it works, unless you set it up
to move the mail to a folder, such as "Blank Senders", instead of deleting.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.ringers.org.uk       (Personal Webpage)

0
Swifty (59)

How to delete or permantly change logo in personal settings
When I was just learnng how to do publisher I created a logo and Iwant to change it in the permanant settings for the personal information. I cannot delete it or edit it. Also on the other 3 settings for secondary, home etc. it does not alowany logo at all. Anyone know? Locate the following files and delete them: Primary Business - biz1logo.jsp Secondary Business - biz2logo.jsp Other Organization - Orglogo.jsp Home/Family - Perslogo.jsp -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ...

how to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"?
How to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"? That means I wish all the contact email address in my address book are "safe sender" and I wish to receive their incoming email without block as spam. Thank you. ay <nospam-jgy2001-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > How to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"? > > That means I wish all the contact email address in my address book > are "safe sender" and I wish to receive their incoming email without > block as spam. Version of Outlook? For OL 2003...

Delete partial string
Hello! I have a column with strin in cells 26-02-2004 09:27 jhfkfhg fhgfjfg 26-02-2004 10:28 ewqteter rerewewtrre I know delete date/hour group with Replace, but I need inverse. Preserv date/hour group and delete only alfanumeric string. Is possible in Excel? Thanks in advance. an Hi one way (if your data is always structured as below) - add a helper column (lets say B) - insert the following formula in B1 (if column A stores your data): =LEFT(A1,FIND(":",A1)+2) copy down - now you can copy this row and insert it again with 'Paste Special - Values' -- Regards Frank K...

deleted document
I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. Contact your IT staff and ask them to restore it from the last backup. But try to find out what share it was on (and folder and filename). It might mean a quicker response. dcalhoun wrote: > > I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document > deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. -- Dave Peterson Hope your network administrator does regular backups (like da...

Outlook message bodies Blank
When I open my email in outlook the body is empty. I seem to remember somethig about my AVG doing something. Any Ideas how to fix this? Thanks Disable the email scanning feature in your anti-virus software. (For example, in AVG, uncheck certify under the email scanning settings.) You'll still be protected by its other features and by Outlook's own security, and new messages shouldn't lose their bodies. Messages you've already received, though, can't be repaired. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://w...

Getting back a deleted test frame after saving the changes
My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't allow you to undo? On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:04:01 +0100, Denise wrote (in article <09056FDE-03FC-4988-8AB0-D1EA0896BFC7@microsoft.com>): > My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text > frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is > there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't a...

Deleting Blank lines with VBA
Help I have a macro that runs multiple formulas. However, when the formulas are finished I am left with about 64000 blank lines. I am unable to insert a row on the worksheets as I get a Run-Time Error 1004 (Try to locate the last Nonblank Cell using CTRL-END). Here is a same of some of the formulas I am running ( the macro is very large). ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaI", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C27" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaJ", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C28" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaK&qu...

Deleting a excel file
Thanks for reading. I'm on a network at work, no signing in needed on the computer. Is there a way I can make a Excel file or folder and have where others can't delete it? I know how to protect it where the file can't be changed, but sometimes someone will delete it. I know this is the Windows 2000 security question but hope to fine the answer here, I'm lost. Thanks Much Bob Talk to your IT staff. Ask them to give you a share or folder on that network that only you (and a trusted co-worker) have write access to. But make...

Investment Account Summaries are always blank
I am a brand new user to Money 2006. After the very first time I set up my Ameritrade brokerage account, it neatly listed my positions in the account summary (after clicking on the account from the account list). Unfortunately, that was the only time my holdings were displayed in the summary. Now the summary is always blank, and I have to click on Investing Tools --> Portfolio Manager to see the positions. I have no idea what's wrong. I even setup a manual (non-linked) investment account and it does the same thing, it wont display my holdings in the account summary. I have ...

Still recieving e-mail for deleted users
We are receiving e-mails for users that were been deleted from our server years ago. Does anyone know how to block these e-mails. We have a SPAM program that allows you to blacklist but it does not stop the messages from coming through. Create ea distribution list containing no members, but which has all the long-gone users' smtp addresses. This is called a blackhole DL. Exchange will accept the mail but silently drop it - no NDRs, no storage. -- hth, SusanV "RB" <pr@epley-pr.com> wrote in message news:574a01c40071$05a154a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We are receiving...

ACCESS 2000 is deleting records
Just yesterday I converted an Access 97 database to Access 2000. Have a large problem I need help with. After converting the DB I "split it" in order to use it as a backend, same way it was in Access97. After converting the database to Access2k we began to have a problem with Access2k deleting records. it deleted a total of 4 out of 62 records. the records are not together ( record #289365 then 289048 then 289128 then 289178 then this morning 289405) these record are auto-numbered incerement of one. They were entered by different people so I know its not just an operator probl...

Can't Delete Rules
I have a user with some rules but the rules can't be deleted. I got two error message and one is "The rules on this machine do not match the rules on your exchange server" and ask "Which rules do you want to keep" Client, Server, Cancel. I can delete Client rules and also Server rules, but they are all back once I restart Outlook. The other error message is "one or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange server and have been deactivated." Is there any way I can remove all of the rules? Thanks for your comments in advance. Start-> Ru...

Office X 'clean' reinstall: delete all old files?
I'm about to try installing the latest bug-fix collection, sorry. "security update" for Office X, 10.1.6. I'm hoping it might reduce the frequency of Word's charming crashes. Who knows, I might get lucky and it'll even fix the completely messed up 'contact' feature in Word that is grayed out most of the time, but when it decides to work, will only list the 'A's' from my address book. Just useless. Anyway, back to the plot: since my Office X is so bent out of shape, I figure I'll do a 'clean install' from the original disk first, then...

Programmatically adding function to copy all incoming mail to public folder (based on sender domain)
Hi all. I would like to be able to (from any client) execute a script (vbs, exe, whatever) that creates a public folder. That's should be pretty easy. The tricky part is that I want the same script to create a rule (?) on the Exchange server that copies all incoming mail from a specific sender domain to that new public folder. Hmm... Let us assume that I have the sufficient credentials for this action hardcoded in the script.. does anyone have a good idea how to do that. I am creating an interface in our ERP software that should be able to see mail correspondance horizontically accross ...

Junk E-Mail Filter Rules
(I posted this on an old thread but not sure anyone looks back through those, so...) If I block all e-mails from a domain using "@theirdomain.com" that works fine, EXCEPT when the e-mail address looks like "Fred Bloggs [fbloggs123@theirdomain.com]" and then it seems to get passed over and left in the Inbox. Should I be blocking something else? TIA, JohnK Use a rule with specific words in the email address and make that word theirdomain. -- Bill R MVP "John F Kappler" <john@pceffect.co.uk> wrote in message news:nrtta3l3nlpdc0ngvov1jcifjva0cc9igf@4ax....

delete dupl from 1 table that match table 2
I have 2 tables joined by an acct # but diff data in the 2 other columns. I want to delete the row of information from table A that have a matching acct # in table b. ie: appl acct # amount (table a) appl acct # amount (table b) b 1234 $1.00 b 1234 $5.00 c 111 $1.00 c 12345 $5.00 c 1001 $2.00 c 1001 $3.00 want to delete rows from table a. for accts #1234 & #1001 DELETE [Table A].[Acct #] ...

Form Opening with Blank Column(s)
I have created a couple applications that are working well on our remote access server, Access 2003. However, when I have people put the application on there standard desktop on the network, one or more columns appear blank when the form is opened in Access 2003. Any ideas why the data retrieval or function would change between our server addition of Access vs client workstations? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com I have one user in my organization that is experiencing this problem also. The problem started the week of the 25th of February. The user could not give me a ...

deleted or filed emails keep reappearing into inbox
Hello, I have a user that when ever he deletes an email or even if he files an email and moves it to a folder, a few days later that email keeps coming back to his inbox. He is using Outlook2007, is connected to Exchange 2007 and he's also a blackberry user on BES 5.0. I have tried the following: - recreating his profile in Outllook , -checked on his blackberry to make sure Mailbox wins on conflicts,- - he has no rules in Outtlook -turn on/off the Cashed mode Any ideas? ...

Insert query with two left outer joins gives "Record is Deleted" m
Hi, I have built an insert query to combine data from 3 tables into one table based on a key value (RA_ID) on a form. Two of the from tables may or may not have data associated with the main from table. So I have coded the select from statement using left outer joins. When I run the query with a row in the first child table but not in the second it works fine but when I run the query with a key value that exists in the 2nd child table but not in the first I get a message saying "record is deleted". Anybody have any ideas what is causing this? Here is the query......... ...

How to make unused cells blank
I have used 6 columns and 4 rows of a excel worksheet and i would like the rest of the sheet look blank without even the cells visible.how to do it Highlight column G by clicking the identifier. Hold down <shift> and press <end> once followed by <right-arrow>, the release <shift>. Then select Format | Column | Hide. Do a similar thing to the rows by selecting row 5 first and using down-arrow. Hope this helps. Pete Format>Columns>Hide Same for Rows -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Sandhya" <Sandhya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Please i need Help.. ( HOW delete a record from internet explorer 's history)
Hi (Sorry for my very bad english) I try to delete a record from Internet explorer' history in Visual c++, and i found this sample code on the microsoft web site USES_CONVERSION; CoInitialize(NULL); IUrlHistoryStg2* pUrlHistoryStg2 = NULL; HRESULT hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_CUrlHistory,NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC, IID_IUrlHistoryStg2,(void**)&pUrlHistoryStg2); IEnumSTATURL* pEnumURL; hr = pUrlHistoryStg2->EnumUrls(&pEnumURL); STATURL suURL; ULONG pceltFetched; suURL.cbSize = sizeof(suURL); hr = ...

Excel opening blank or Gray worksheet
I have 50 spreadsheets, one for each doctor, that was created with what looks like some macros in them. When a nurse opens the spreadsheet, the workbook is gray looking as if there is no data. However if they click Window - Arrange and OK, then it tiles the worksheet and it's fine. While this is an easy work around, I am attempting to figure out what causes this. I understand that the original owner created macros in the spreadsheet and then copied a template to create these 50. I also understand that there was probably a personal.xls create to save and hide the macros. What ...

How do I leave formula cell blank if 2nd reference cell is empty?
example: cell a1 had date, cell b1 WILL HAVE a date in it. cell c1 has formula=(a1+b1)+1. I'd like cell c1 to display empty until cell b1 has data in it. How do I do this? The formula in C1 would be =IF(B1="","",A1+B1+1) =IF(B1="","",A1+B1+1) -- Gary's Student "Liana S" wrote: > example: > > cell a1 had date, cell b1 WILL HAVE a date in it. cell c1 has > formula=(a1+b1)+1. > > I'd like cell c1 to display empty until cell b1 has data in it. > > How do I do this? ...

Outlook not deleting mail on server
Hi I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 on 3 computers, accessing 3 separate e-mail accounts at my ISP. All 3 were working fine until a cuple of days ago, now 2 are misbehaving and one is fine. The "misbehaviour" is, Outlook does not delete the mail from the server, so each time it goes to the server for received mail, it downloads (again) whatever was there previouslt plus any new stuff. "Leave a copy of messages on server" box in advanced settings is NOT ticked. If I do tick this box, then the messages are still left on the server, but duplicates are not downloaded. If I...

Deleting records
Hi We have tested the processes in CRM by creating records of contacts, accounts, opportunities, orders & invoices which do not actually exist. We are now running CRM and we would like to know what the best practice is with regards to deleting these records. I have deleted some of the information however when an try to delete an opportunity for example ,I receive an error message stating that the record is associated with another record and can not be deleted. Could please advise me on this? Many Thanks Mark ...