RSS feed page gives script error - Fix?

I get the following error when clicking on the RSS item in Outlook 2007.
Does anyone know what it means and how I can get rid of it?

An error has occurred in the script of this page.
Line 16
Char 1
Error Object expected
Code 0
Url http://office.microsoft.com/client/outloorss.aspx?ns=OUTLOOK&lcid=1033

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
Yes No

Thank you for any help you can give me!

0
MHL

It's actually a failure on the page and not within Outlook. You can disable
the page though or set it to another address if you like. To do this;
Right click on the RSS folder-> Properties-> tab Home Page

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"MHL" <booyakasha at mac dot com> wrote in message
> I get the following error when clicking on the RSS item in Outlook 2007.
> Does anyone know what it means and how I can get rid of it?
>
> An error has occurred in the script of this page.
> Line 16
> Char 1
> Error Object expected
> Code 0
> Url http://office.microsoft.com/client/outloorss.aspx?ns=OUTLOOK&lcid=1033
>
> Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
> Yes No
>
> Thank you for any help you can give me!

0
Roady
11/14/2009 7:18:46 PM
Thank you very much!

message news:eZcSV9VZKHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> It's actually a failure on the page and not within Outlook. You can
> disable the page though or set it to another address if you like. To do
> this;
> Right click on the RSS folder-> Properties-> tab Home Page
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "MHL" <booyakasha at mac dot com> wrote in message
>> I get the following error when clicking on the RSS item in Outlook 2007.
>> Does anyone know what it means and how I can get rid of it?
>>
>> An error has occurred in the script of this page.
>> Line 16
>> Char 1
>> Error Object expected
>> Code 0
>> Url
>> http://office.microsoft.com/client/outloorss.aspx?ns=OUTLOOK&lcid=1033
>>
>> Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
>> Yes No
>>
>> Thank you for any help you can give me!

0
MHL
11/15/2009 2:15:25 AM
Actually, it doesn't error when loading that page in IE8, so it is Outlook,
right? Does anyone have a good RSS page that they would recommend to replace
the default one with?

message news:eZcSV9VZKHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> It's actually a failure on the page and not within Outlook. You can
> disable the page though or set it to another address if you like. To do
> this;
> Right click on the RSS folder-> Properties-> tab Home Page
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "MHL" <booyakasha at mac dot com> wrote in message
>> I get the following error when clicking on the RSS item in Outlook 2007.
>> Does anyone know what it means and how I can get rid of it?
>>
>> An error has occurred in the script of this page.
>> Line 16
>> Char 1
>> Error Object expected
>> Code 0
>> Url
>> http://office.microsoft.com/client/outloorss.aspx?ns=OUTLOOK&lcid=1033
>>
>> Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
>> Yes No
>>
>> Thank you for any help you can give me!

0
MHL
11/15/2009 2:18:46 AM
No, it is still the page. It is anything but valid HTML at this moment and
there is a script in it that only renders when it detect that Outlook is the
client. Combine that with Outlook's rendering limitations and you see what
you get. I've fixed the page here and will release a guide tomorrow on
http://www.msoutlook.info about how to replace it the fixed one. Stay tuned
;-)

--

> Actually, it doesn't error when loading that page in IE8, so it is
> Outlook, right? Does anyone have a good RSS page that they would recommend
> to replace the default one with?
>
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:eZcSV9VZKHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> It's actually a failure on the page and not within Outlook. You can
>> disable the page though or set it to another address if you like. To do
>> this;
>> Right click on the RSS folder-> Properties-> tab Home Page
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "MHL" <booyakasha at mac dot com> wrote in message
>>> I get the following error when clicking on the RSS item in Outlook 2007.
>>> Does anyone know what it means and how I can get rid of it?
>>>
>>> An error has occurred in the script of this page.
>>> Line 16
>>> Char 1
>>> Error Object expected
>>> Code 0
>>> Url
>>> http://office.microsoft.com/client/outloorss.aspx?ns=OUTLOOK&lcid=1033
>>>
>>> Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
>>> Yes No
>>>
>>> Thank you for any help you can give me!

0
Roady
11/15/2009 8:47:54 AM
The page is live now at;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/366

--

message news:epmAfBdZKHA.4932@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> No, it is still the page. It is anything but valid HTML at this moment and
> there is a script in it that only renders when it detect that Outlook is
> the client. Combine that with Outlook's rendering limitations and you see
> what you get. I've fixed the page here and will release a guide tomorrow
> on http://www.msoutlook.info about how to replace it the fixed one. Stay
> tuned ;-)
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "MHL" <booyakasha at mac dot com> wrote in message
>> Actually, it doesn't error when loading that page in IE8, so it is
>> Outlook, right? Does anyone have a good RSS page that they would
>> recommend to replace the default one with?
>>
>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
>> in message news:eZcSV9VZKHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> It's actually a failure on the page and not within Outlook. You can
>>> disable the page though or set it to another address if you like. To do
>>> this;
>>> Right click on the RSS folder-> Properties-> tab Home Page
>>>
>>> --
>>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>>
>>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>>
>>> -----
>>>
>>> "MHL" <booyakasha at mac dot com> wrote in message

0
Roady
11/17/2009 5:28:07 AM
You rock!

message news:#1ooMb0ZKHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> The page is live now at;
> http://www.msoutlook.info/question/366
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:epmAfBdZKHA.4932@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> No, it is still the page. It is anything but valid HTML at this moment
>> and there is a script in it that only renders when it detect that Outlook
>> is the client. Combine that with Outlook's rendering limitations and you
>> see what you get. I've fixed the page here and will release a guide
>> tomorrow on http://www.msoutlook.info about how to replace it the fixed
>> one. Stay tuned ;-)
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "MHL" <booyakasha at mac dot com> wrote in message
>>> Actually, it doesn't error when loading that page in IE8, so it is
>>> Outlook, right? Does anyone have a good RSS page that they would
>>> recommend to replace the default one with?
>>>
>>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
>>> in message news:eZcSV9VZKHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

0
MHL
11/17/2009 7:56:18 AM
Thanks and you're welcome! :-)

--

> You rock!
>
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:#1ooMb0ZKHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> The page is live now at;
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/question/366
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
>> in message news:epmAfBdZKHA.4932@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> No, it is still the page. It is anything but valid HTML at this moment
>>> and there is a script in it that only renders when it detect that
>>> Outlook is the client. Combine that with Outlook's rendering limitations
>>> and you see what you get. I've fixed the page here and will release a
>>> guide tomorrow on http://www.msoutlook.info about how to replace it the
>>> fixed one. Stay tuned ;-)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>>
>>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>>
>>> -----
>>>
>>> "MHL" <booyakasha at mac dot com> wrote in message

0
Roady

GP 10.0 home page Runtime Error
Hello: This client was getting the "The specified module could not be found error", upon logging into GP 10.0 for the first time after a new install. I remedied this home page issue, by registering the msxml2.dll file in C:\WINNT\System32. Finally, this got the home page to at least appear. But, now we get this Runtime Error that says "Class not registered". We have installed the XML Parser and the Office 2003 Web Components and have registered the msxml3.dll file. No success. Any ideas? Security is ridiculously tight a this client. Would it do any good to mes...

Custom view error
I cannot determine why I get this error when I try to switch to a view I just created. There's nothing special going on in the worksheet. It's just a list which I have applied an Advanced Filter to, but which hides all non- matching data. Is the Advanced Filter not compatible with Custom Views? Thanks for any help you can offer. Kimberly ...

multiple page printing
On a spreadsheet due to the size of it takes 5 pages to print it off. Currently I `set` each page as a print area then print so I have to do this 5 times in order to print off the full spreadsheet page. Is there a way to press `print` and it will print off the 5 pre set `print areas` ? without me having to go throught the `set print area` / `print`/`clear print area` then reset for next section. thanks Scudo Wrote: > On a spreadsheet due to the size of it takes 5 pages to print it off. > Currently I `set` each page as a print area then print so I have to d > this > 5 times in ...

Excel file in use error
This error occurs with spreadsheets which contain macros, they cannot be ammended nor deleted by a network administrator! any ideas???? ...

Evalutation Software Error on Old data
Hello, When I attempt to open the manager connected to an old database (i.e. a copy from a backup months or years ago.), I get an error saying the evaluation copy of the software has expired, and the program shuts down. Using version 1.3.1011 Thanks, Greg Yep, The DB is older than 45 days and therefore will not let you access it. If you create a new DB you can use it. =========== "Greg Shepherd" <greg@frgusa.com> wrote in message news:%23sgkBF7VIHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > When I attempt to open the manager connected to an old database (i.e. >...

Outlook and "Bad Image" error (msimtf.dll)
I have a user in the office, with Windows XP Home (SP2) and Office 2002 (SP3). She's starting to get this message: "OUTLOOK.EXE - Bad Image. The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS \System32\msimtf.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." every time she starts up Outlook, sometimes two or three of them in a row she has to OK. They'll also pop up now and then while using Outlook. This only started happening a couple of days ago, and she hasn't installed or uninstalled any software lately, and nothing else unusual has happened wit...

Invoice payment error
I had submitted this question a few days ago with no response, so I'm resubmitting with more information. There is an invoice showing a balance due on the aged trail balance report. However, when a document inquiry is run for this invoice, it is showing paid in full. I found the transaction in the RM20201 table (Receivables Open Transaction File) with a 0 in the Posted field. It's the only record in that table with that value. What can I do to resolve this? This transaction is from a prior year. Thanks for any help you can give! daw Usually, running Reconcile will correc...

Where to place page break?
Good Afternoon, I am really new at Access (just learned the basic basics a few days ago) and I am working on a very simple report which is pulling from two different query's... Contact Information (Name, address, phone, etc) and Call Information (Call time, date, subject, call notes). The report runs great, but I would like to make all the information fit onto a page per customer. There is plenty of room for all of the information (and then some) but I cannot figure out where to add the page break. What currently is happening is that if the customer has several different calls, eac...

Java script help please
hi I am trying to work with two dates on phone call entity in crm - actual start and scheduledend what i want to achieve is - set the actual start date to current date if it is null and then add 5 working days to actual start date below is the code i am using var CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1; var CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE = 2; switch (crmForm.FormType) { case CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE: crmForm.all.actualstart.DataValue == null crmForm.all.actualstart.DataValue = new Date(); crmForm.all.scheduledend.DataValue=dateadd("w",5,actualstart) break; case CRM_FORM_TYPE...

Changing the amount of leads that appear on lead page.
This seems like it would be something rather simple to do with customizations but I have not yet found a way. Right now we have 50 leads showing per page and some people have 500+ leads is there a way to have it so that more leads say 100 or maybe even all leads appear in the my leads page. Is there a reason 50 is the default limit? I am pretty new to CRM so forgive me if this is an easy question Hi, There is a setting under Workplace-->Personalize Workplace-->General that lets one modify the number of records that show up on each page. Please note that this will change the num...

DPM 2010 Setup error
During Installation of DPM setup I get the following error: DPMSetup has stopped working Problem details: Problem Signature Problem Event name: DPMException Problem Signature 01: DPMSetup Problem Signature 02: 3.0.7336.0 Problem Signature 03: SetupDpm.exe Problem Signature 04: 3.0.7336.0 Problem Signature 05: System.UnauthorizedAccessException Problem Signature 06: System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal Problem Signature 07: CC0B98E5 OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.272.7 Local ID: 1030 This problem occurs approx 10 seconds afther the DPM setup start...

Is the Page X of Y Bug Been Fixed in 2007?
I used to have a problem with the Page X of Y bug in 2003, but I haven't noticed it yet in the couple of months I've been using Word 2007. Did they actually fix something in 2007? Jerry This is difficult to tell. Whether Page X of Y works properly or not seems to depend on the combination of Word updates and the printer driver installed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Jerry" wrote: > I used to have a problem with the Page X of Y bug in 2003, but I haven't > noticed it yet in the couple of months I've been using Word 2007. Did t...

Windows Live Messenger: Logs Unspecified Error When Saving/Deletin
I have been having issues trying to save or delete logs from a friends conversation. Everytime I close the conversation, the screen pops up asking me to save older messages or delete, and choosing either of them pops up another screen saying Unspecified Error. Is there any solution to this, I have been kinda annoyed by this. Link to box that pops up: http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/Areno/Untitled-1.jpg This is the screen that shows up after i try saving or deleting. Greetings, You'll get this message if it can't parse the XML - for instance, if some binary...

Integration Mgr
I have a single source file for a GL integration. I need to group the accounts listed in the file based on the first 3 digits of the account number and then create a JE for each grouping. Is there a way to do this without changing the source file? Thanks. Yes, You can setup the source as an Advance ODBC then use SQL-like syntax to create two source queries for your records. The header query will look like this: SELECT SUBSTRING(Account Number, 1, 3) AS GROUPNUMBER FROM SourceName The detail can be use to pull all the records SELECT SUBSTRING(Account Number, 1, 3) AS GROUPNUMBER ,...

DPM error 43 and 53!
Hello, I am at my end trying to correct this error. I am running DPM2007SP1 on Windows2K3SP1 box. I am patched to the latest as well. I have managed to work my way through most of my daily DPM errors, however this error has been dogging me daily for a week. This particular PG is backing up 5 Hyper-V servers on a single host. The host is 2008R2 and a Dell M950 blade. The 5 Hyper-V's are a Hyperion development environment and have quite a bit of traffic. I setup this PG about a week ago and was successful in building 4 of 5 replicas. The 5th continued to give me error 43....

I have charts that are only visible when selected, how do I fix?
I have charts on the worksheet, but they are covered in gray unless I select the chart. They also print in gray unless selected. How do I get this formatting turned off? Hi, Use Tools > Options > View and change the setting of Objects to Show All instead of Show Placeholders. Cheers Andy Tony Parks wrote: > I have charts on the worksheet, but they are covered in gray unless I select > the chart. > They also print in gray unless selected. > > How do I get this formatting turned off? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks Andy, i...

Error: "customizing security roles" while installing CRM SBE on SB
Just wanted to make sure this could be found in the newsgroup... There is a known bug when installing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Small Business on Microsoft Small Business Server R2 Premium (whcih ships with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Workgroup) when SP2 of SQL Server 2005 is applied. Symptoms: Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://Servername/reportserver. Error: The feature: “Customizing security roles” is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services. The knowledge base reference can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb...

sndPlaySound Link error
Hi, I wrote an application in VC++ 7.0 which uses sndPlaySound method .But when i am building to make a setup in Release then i am getting link error DCS error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__sndPlaySoundA@8 referenced in function "protected: virtual void __thiscall CAlarmDlg::OnOK(void)" (?OnOK@CAlarmDlg@@MAEXXZ) can any one help me out on this.I could able to build if it is in Debug Mode. Reny >I wrote an application in VC++ 7.0 which uses sndPlaySound method .But when >i am building to make a setup in Release then i am getting link error > >DCS...

Send Page by e-mail
I Have both netscape and explore browsers installed on my computer. When I want to send a page by e-mail outlook defaluts to netscape to send the page. Is there a way I can change the default to internet explorer? Antonio Mine defaults to Eudora which was the previous e-mail client. Can not make it default to Outlook 2002. I have changed the defaults in the Options, but something else, somewhere is causing this....what? ...

Need to Print Large Format w/out page breaks
Using Pub 2000 on WXP. Have 42" wide HP Designjet 5000. I can't set page size greater than 49" in length (height) without having it automatically tile it. I'm using roll feed, but it still tiles it. I get the full 42" width no problem. I even set up Custom Paper size to fit the publication. I tried ZoomSmart, no help. ANYTHING greater than 49" long gets tiled. Where does this number come from? Is there a maximum page size Publisher wants to deal with? I would think it'd be printer dependent. I've tried every setting and every paper size an...

IWebBrowser2: How to Load HTML content from a Stream for main page and embedded iframe document
Hello, I follow the example in the page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/webbrowser/tutorials/webocstream.asp to load HTML content from a Stream for an IWebBrowser control, it works just fine; then I follow the article in the page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=196340 to get IWebBrowser object for embedded iframe in the main page. But when I try to load html content for the iframe IWebBrower in the same way as the main page, it failed for the statement: hr = pPersistStreamInit->InitNew(); with "Not impemented" error message, could you tell me why...

Combining multiple pages and printing multiple copies
I'm trying to print 2 8 1/2 x 11 pages on one 11 x 17 piece of paper and print more than one copy of the combined pages. It will work todo one print but when more than one copy is chosen it goes back to multiple copies of one page. Is there a fix for this? I do not want to use the 11 x 17 as the original page size because this also has to go as an electronic publication and I want them to see only one page at a time electronically. Create a new publication, paste the pages, print. You don't have to save the publication. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kylexija...

Allow to change the refresh interval time of dynamics home page
Hi, There should be some way that allows user to change the refreshing interval time for the dynamics home page. Regards, Moiz ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx...

FRx 6.7 install error
We upgraded to GP v8 about a week ago, everything is working ok now other than FRx on one Windows 2000 workstation. During the install I get: "Error Generated: -2147219990 - Couldn't Write Banner" There's a KB article on Customer Source with the same error that pertains to Solomon regarding an unregistered dao350.dll. I tried to register the dll but I still get the same error. Anyone run into this? I'm experiencing that problem right now, just doing a test install on a Windows 2000 Server machine. The KB article that you referenced didn't help me either. I ...

Error when searching in message tracking, c1032751
Hello, The scenario is this: - Exchange 2k3 active/passive 2 node cluster. - Fresh off of a migration. All mailboxes are migrated from an Exch 2k cluster. All are working great. - Get an error saying 'The tracking database on server.domain.com is not available...' error c1032751. This happens whenever you go into the System Manager and try to do a search on anything. -Tracking is enabled via policy. -logs are gathering in the 'servername.log' share without issue. The share is on a shared drive resource for the cluster. -i have cleared the logs once. This has had no impa...