RPCoHTTPS configured Outlook hangs when "password expiring" notice begins.

Does anyone have a useable workaround which does not include "turn off the
password expiration notice" for dealing with how Outlook using RPCoHTTPS
essentially hangs and never connects to Exchange if your password is nearing
expiration or has expired?

We have some exclusive RPCoHTTPS users and more often than not they simply
have to log into OWA and change their password when they call complaining
Outlook is broken. Is there any way for the full client to alert the user to
this condition?

Please? Pretty please. Thank you!

Outlook 2003 SP2 & Outlook 2007 SP1
Exchange 2003 SP2
ISA 2004 Enterprise (Soon 2006...)

0
bdaytech (2)

this is a very common issue with traveling laptop users that dont log into
the domain very often.
i wrote a script that runs once a day on a domain controller that looks at
all user objects and if their password is set to expire within x days the
script sends them an email telling them to either log on to the domain and
change their password or do it via owa.

"Brian Day" <bdaytech@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone have a useable workaround which does not include "turn off the
> password expiration notice" for dealing with how Outlook using RPCoHTTPS
> essentially hangs and never connects to Exchange if your password is
> nearing expiration or has expired?
>
> We have some exclusive RPCoHTTPS users and more often than not they simply
> have to log into OWA and change their password when they call complaining
> Outlook is broken. Is there any way for the full client to alert the user
> to this condition?
>
> Please? Pretty please. Thank you!
>
> Outlook 2003 SP2 & Outlook 2007 SP1
> Exchange 2003 SP2
> ISA 2004 Enterprise (Soon 2006...)

0
na1 (222)
3/26/2008 1:15:21 PM
Hi Phillip,

That sounds like probably the best solution in a "pick your least evil
option" situation. Thanks for the feedback, we may go this route as well. :)

-brian