RPC over HTTP problem #2

I have configured an Outlook 2003 client to use RPC over HTTP over the
internet (DSL) with an Exchange mailbox that is over 15 GB in size. When I
tested out the connection with a much smaller test mailbox, Outlook launched
fine. When I tried to open the very large mailbox, the Outlook client tried
several times to connect, but failed. When I then tried to reconnect to my
smaller test mailbox, that failed as well. Thinking that something had
happened at the server, I went to another machine, I was able to
successfully connect the smaller test mailbox.

Does anyone know what is happening? Can I connect a mailbox that large with
RPC over HTTP? Are there any configuration options that will help me out?

Thanks.

Try this - hold down the Control Key and right click on the Outlook icon in
the system tray - select Connection Settings.  Then follow the conversation
to see what it is trying to connect to and what happens.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Paul Goldman asked:

| I have configured an Outlook 2003 client to use RPC over HTTP over the
| internet (DSL) with an Exchange mailbox that is over 15 GB in size.
| When I tested out the connection with a much smaller test mailbox,
| Outlook launched fine. When I tried to open the very large mailbox,
| the Outlook client tried several times to connect, but failed. When I
| then tried to reconnect to my smaller test mailbox, that failed as
| well. Thinking that something had happened at the server, I went to
| another machine, I was able to successfully connect the smaller test
| mailbox.
|
| Does anyone know what is happening? Can I connect a mailbox that
| large with RPC over HTTP? Are there any configuration options that
| will help me out?
|
| Thanks.

0
MillyS (3228)
8/29/2006 6:20:18 AM
I've already tried that. It just says that it's "connecting". What should I
be looking for? Can I open a mailbox that big over HTTP? Are there
parameters I can set in the profile to limit the download???

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> Try this - hold down the Control Key and right click on the Outlook icon
> in
> the system tray - select Connection Settings.  Then follow the
> conversation
> to see what it is trying to connect to and what happens.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Paul Goldman asked:
>
> | I have configured an Outlook 2003 client to use RPC over HTTP over the
> | internet (DSL) with an Exchange mailbox that is over 15 GB in size.
> | When I tested out the connection with a much smaller test mailbox,
> | Outlook launched fine. When I tried to open the very large mailbox,
> | the Outlook client tried several times to connect, but failed. When I
> | then tried to reconnect to my smaller test mailbox, that failed as
> | well. Thinking that something had happened at the server, I went to
> | another machine, I was able to successfully connect the smaller test
> | mailbox.
> |
> | Does anyone know what is happening? Can I connect a mailbox that
> | large with RPC over HTTP? Are there any configuration options that
> | will help me out?
> |
> | Thanks.

Possible problem receiving email in Outlook 2007
Hi everyone, I belong to a college that has their own email system. They have limited "features" associated with their system; however, I'm able to have my student emails not only going to the inbox at the college, but also my Outlook 2007 (non-college) email address. What I'm hoping to do is take my emails (the one's I want to save) from folders within the school's email system and forward them to my Outlook address. I tried to forward emails, but it changes the email message and attachment (if there is one) to an .eml attachment. I don't receiv...

2007 outlook on 2 computers, same server doesn't capture all email
both computers have Outlook 2007 and are looking at the same server. One computer (Acer netbook) captures ALL my emails, while my office computer (Dell) has been missing about 20% for the past 2 weeks. The Dell has all my "files" and the Acer just has no files but all emails are in the inbox. Neither have any "rules". I work about 200+ emails per day for my business. Any ideas? -- Phil Which mail account type are you using? If POP3, make sure you have your account settings configured to leave a copy on the server. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question...

Save as web problems with Pub 2000
I am running Publisher 2000 (from Office 2000) on Windows 2000 professional with a 933Mhz / 128 Mb Ram / Pent III Compaq Presario and I have tried to do a &#8220;save as web page&#8221; and I have the following error come up and the program shuts down. The error is MSPUB.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. To try and fix the problem I ran the repair facility on the CD and also reinstalled the program twice, and that did not fix the problem. I used to have Windows ME and the same Office...

Out of memory #2
I developed a workbook that has some macros for sorting and condensing several sheets to a single sheet in a workbook. When I run it everything works fine, but other get an out of memory error. I'm assuming that this might not be just an Excel issue. The workbook at this point is only 365kb and will only become larger with time. I've been running it from a local drive, other run it from the network. I have no idea where to start with this issue and any input would be appreciated. Thank you. I think that the size of the workbook has nothing to do with the problem. The error...

AOL #2
I know that Outlook can be used to check AOL mail using IMAP. I am having some difficulty doing this with a third party ISP, changing the SMTP settings to that third party ISP. E-mails are coming in OK but failing to go out. I do know that the ISP allows outgoing mail from other ISP's. I have tried changing the port number and authentification as suggested in AOL guidelines but this strikes me as wrong since in this scenarion the SMTP settings are normally changed to that of the outgoing ISP. Can anyone tell me if this is actually possible and what settings to use. THANK YOU, Robb...

Batch Recovery --Problem
i have a problem.. My client were printing a check whit select check... when he was process the operation, the operation finished incomplete and GP sent to him a message of run batch recovery. i go to the batch recovery and select the batch with a problem i click to started the process and the prosees start 10% 20% 30%..........100% y then in 100% not finished the procces.. the process remains stoppe in 100%... How do i made to recovery this proccesss..... Consulta, Refer to KB850289 in either PartnerSource https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource or CustomerSource https://mbs.microsof...

Conditional Formatting Anomaly #2
No, because I want it to say in the B column, but when I copy it down want the row to change. Any ideas -- Rutgers_Excel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Rutgers_Excels's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=897 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27432 Ok, lets start over. Conditional Formatting is based on the active cell. You can copy the formatting using the format painter -- though it would actually be better to do all of your formatting even if for the entire column ahead ...

VERY TOUGH PROBLEM
Has anyone been able to get information on the formula contents of a cell from another cell? EG. cell A1 has the formula: =A10 I want to be able to enter some formula into A2 that allows me to see into the formula in A1. Not the data, not the formatting... rather the formula itself. Thanks If u could please respond to: trevor.gartner@telus.com hi, you can toggle to do that ctrl + ~ >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone been able to get information on the formula contents of a cell >from another cell? >EG. >cell A1 has the formula: =A10 > I want to be able to ente...

Printing Problem
I have a spreadsheet with a picture on the first page. When I look at the spreadsheet in any of the Excel views it looks great however when I print the spreadsheet the logo almost doubles in size covering data on the spreadsheet. I have noticed that some other of my spreadsheets have started doing the same thing. Does anyone have any idea why excel does this? Thanks ...

first value of the month from a list of dates
Hello gurus, I've read through a list of message thread, and you guys are wonderfu ! . Experts !. Anyway, I hope somebody can help me with this problem. I have a list of share prices together with the dates. (about 20 to 2 dates in a month). How do i extract out the first day of every month from a list o database of 3 years (day by day) ? I think hard, but no avail. Help... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: - add a helper colum adjacent to your data list (lets say column C) - in C1 enter the formula: =DAY(A1) ->if column A stores your dates - copy do...

Pivot Table
I have 2 lists with approximately 100 items/rows, with 5 pieces of data in each row. Each list has a common element (account number). Many times the account number shows on both lists, and I want to combine How do I combine both lists to use as source data in a pivot table? ...

Reports and CRM v1.2
I have just upgraded from 1.0 to 1.2 using the Adventure Cycle Database. I have a list of all the reports but get an error, when I try to access the reports below the top level, suggesting that I may not have enough Crystal Report Licenses? This worked fine when I was at 1.0! In addition I tried to install the Crystal Reports Enhancements and it suggested I need version 9.2 instead of 9.0! Help!!!! I have looked through the other threads and see some similar issues but no definitive answer. Peter Peter I was told by Microsoft yesterday that the crystal addon for crm requires crys...

Help with Transpose problem
I trade in the stock market & use excel to convert a list of ticker symbols to a csv file to import to a charting program. I start with a vertical list in excel, I copy then paste special & tell it to transpose. It seems if the list is too long I get an error message: "The information cannot be pasted because the copy area and the paste areas are not the same size and shape. Try one of the following: Click a single cell then paste. Select a rectangle that's the same size and shape, and then paste" I assume what is happening is that I don't have enough columns across...

office 2007 trial problems
I downloaded trial office 2007 student, and when I open it a few times it said their was a problem downloading and it wasn't complete, or something to that affect. How would I redownload it? Also in Vista msn mail when I click on spell check a window says I have not downloaded a dictionary in this language, and it doesn't correct any mistakes. What do I do? Also I'm new here; posting this it asks to select a discussion group. Looks like 1500 different ones and hard to go through them all, yet did not see anything concerning office 2007; what do I dio in this situation or othe...

outlook 2002 not sending #2
I recently found that outlook is no longer sending e- mail messages, it recieves them fine. This is happening with both my POP3 account as well as hotmail account (sends find from hotmail webpage). Any suggestions?? Thanks What error messages are you getting? mtnman wrote: > I recently found that outlook is no longer sending e- > mail messages, it recieves them fine. This is happening > with both my POP3 account as well as hotmail account > (sends find from hotmail webpage). > > Any suggestions?? > > Thanks Double check your settings, do youhave a firew...

Sort Problem using a button
I have several worksheets, that I need to sort. My idea was to put a button on what I call my 'input page' and sort each of these pages. But I get the error: "Run-Time Error 1004: The sort reference is not valid. Make sure that it's within the data you want to sort, and the first Sort by Box isn't the same or blank." Now on sheet 1 is where the button is. Information that is to be sorted is on sheet2, sheet3 sheet 4 and etc. Sort code is: Private Sub Sort1() ActiveSheet.Range("A2:D14").Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A2&quo...

Receipt #2
I need to print a total dollar amt for certain category of items on the receipt. Is this possible.? ...

CRM 1.2 Workflow e-mail
I created a workflow and e-mail that triggers when a Case is assigned a certain status. I used slugs to insert field data into the e-mail. I have two questions 1. Can I display the date on for the following. Currently the data and time display as in the example provided: &incident.createdon; Currently displays = 2006-03-07T17:35:29Z Desired Change = 2006-03-07 2. I am unable to return the First and Last Name of the Case Owner. I attempted to use the following: &systemuser.FirstName; &systemuser.LastName; I also tried: &systemuser.firstname; &systemuser.last...

Migrate SBS 2003 SP/2 to Windows 2003 or 2008 Domain
Good Day, This question keeps popping up but I can't seem to resolve all my questions. I have an SBS 2003 domain. I need to migrate to Windows 2003 or 2008 Domain with Exchange 2007 (or 2010). I can not down the old SBS server as it is running legacy software that can not be migrated. However, it DOES NOT have to be part of the new domain. I have already added a 2008 DC to the domain. 1) Is the Transition Pack for SBS 2003 Stnd SP1 still available? If not: 2) Will ADMT (3, 3.1 or 3.2) work to migrate my Users, Computers, Groups and Mailboxes? 3) Group Pol...

HTTP 500 internal error on OWA PAGE
When i try to log onto outlook web access i get a http 500 internal error that the page cannot be displayed all related services have been restarted but still no progress help please ihuoma To configure process level value with LOW. "teamann" wrote: > To configure process level value with LOW. Btw where can i change this option also does this solution work if this issue only surface after i've upgraded to exchange SP2? ...

Outlook 2003 print problem
Hallo I am using outlook 2003 with Windows XP. When i print out an email the text is very small, this only started a few days ago. I did not install any new software or updates. I have since installed sp3 for windows xp but it did not make any difference. I have tried both memo and table formats and it is still the same. Any pointers as to where i should look next would be appreciated. thanks "Stef" <stef@web.de> wrote in message news:F07D1544-692F-4E33-8C88-2B1FADA8F0D5@microsoft.com... > Hallo > > I am using outlook 2003 with Windows XP. When i print out ...

POP connector
Hi, I'm a total newbee to Exchange! I've just installed SBS 2003 and configured the POP3 Connector in Exchange to retrieve mail messages from the POP mailbox to my Exchange mailbox. Everything works fine besides that all mail messages get the date from synhronization in stead of the actual mail message date. Can this be configured so the date of a mail message in the Exchange mailbox is the same as the actual date of the mail message in the POP mailbox? Thx, Dennieku On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:13:50 +0200, "Dennieku" <dennieku@hotmail.com> hired a team of monkey...

Dynamics will not start after login #2
I have applied Service Pack 7 to a GP 7.5 installation. I ran the special upgrade on all databases. I then Launch Great Plains. It appears to login successfully since I am prompted to add new code. Once I click Yes, the Dynamics screen disappears. When I look at processes on the task manager during login, dynamics.exe is running then it disappears. No error messages. It's weird. Anyone seen this before? Thanks for any ideas you may have. Hi Have you logged on as the local admin on the workstation? It is minimized onto the windows taskbar? Turn off you Anti virus software Mayb...

Merging excel data into word #2
Ok, I have a feeling this process is quite simple, but I haven't bee able to figure it out on my own, nor find anything in FAQ's. I have created an excel spreadsheet containing the following: students' last name, first name, ID number, advisor and counselo (obvioulsy Im in education) I would now like to create a phone call log for each student, but woul like to import each students' info into this word document. So as print the 100 or so pages, page one would have the first students info page two would contain the second students info, and so on. Any help is greatly appre...

My Kyocera FS-C5020N does not feed from the MP Tray with Office 2.
Since I upgraded to Office 2007, multiple copies do not feed correctly from the MP Tray of my printer. That is the next step and a tech at Kyocera is looking for the right one. They have 16 drivers. "CyberTaz" wrote: > Have you checked the Kyocera site for a driver update? > > -- > Regards |:>) > Bob Jones > [MVP] Office:Mac > > "Millhill" <Millhill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:78231984-AA48-490E-BF89-498C8259885A@microsoft.com... > > Since I upgraded to Office 2007, multiple copies do not feed correct...