RPC/HTTPS remote configuration

We are using OUtlook 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2003
server through RPC over HTTPS.  We can set up and
configure it from within the LAN and once we take a
laptop outside of the LAN it will connect back to the
Exchange server fine.

However we cannot take a laptop and have it setup and
configured remotely.  We followed the protocol outlined
in this article
http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/HenrikWalther/RPC_
over_HTTP.asp .

When we get to the point that you click more settings, it
gives an error message that the Exchange server cannot be
contacted.  How is this possible when we can configure
the client inside the lan and still have it connect one
we are out side?

Our Exchange server FQDN resolves out fine so I don't
think it is a dns issue from remote.  Any help would be
appreciated.
0
jalmario (1)

I tend to kill all network connections and setup the profile for RPC/HTTP
connection.  Don't forget to configure it to connect via HTTP on *FAST*
networks if staff are prone to connect across any type of ethernet/broadband
connection.  This way you don't have to wait for the RPC connection to
timeout before it jumps to RPC over HTTPS.

"JoJo Almario" <jalmario@intrahealth.org> wrote in message
> We are using OUtlook 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2003
> server through RPC over HTTPS.  We can set up and
> configure it from within the LAN and once we take a
> laptop outside of the LAN it will connect back to the
> Exchange server fine.
>
> However we cannot take a laptop and have it setup and
> configured remotely.  We followed the protocol outlined
> in this article
> http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/HenrikWalther/RPC_
> over_HTTP.asp .
>
> When we get to the point that you click more settings, it
> gives an error message that the Exchange server cannot be
> contacted.  How is this possible when we can configure
> the client inside the lan and still have it connect one
> we are out side?
>
> Our Exchange server FQDN resolves out fine so I don't
> think it is a dns issue from remote.  Any help would be
> appreciated.

0
neoheart (690)

Continually configuring Microsoft Office 2003
As soon as I click on any application, a window appears with Windows Installer starting to configure Microsoft Office 2003. I cancel it, over and over again. It keeps reappearing for at least 5 times after I cancel it. I cannot uninstall MS Office because it tells me I am missing a file. I can't reinstall it because it tells me I am missing a file. This is very annoying. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. -- SSG See and implement http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assis...

Remote access denied for users in Active Directory before Exchange
Our users cannot access our exchange server from home using their personal Outlook program. The server will not authenticate them. If I set up a new user to test this the new user works fine. It only has trouble authenticating users that were set up in Active Directory before Exchange was installed. Is there any way to fix this?? On Wed, 24 May 2006 11:26:02 -0700, DBergesen <DBergesen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Our users cannot access our exchange server from home using their personal >Outlook program. The server will not authenticate them. If I set up a new >u...

getting outlook e-mails from a remote computer
configured outlook 2003 to receive all my e-mails that were previously going to my e-mail address at comcast.net Now I don't know how to access these e-mails in Outlook when I am not at my home computer. Help! You cannot access Outlook remotely unless you are using Remote Desktop and someone is at your home computer to accept the connection. You would be better served by leaving your mail on Comcast's server and using the web interface when away from home. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: ht...

RPC / HTTP slow on Outlook 2003
I just installed SP1 for E2k3 on my backend mail servers. I have OWA running on a FE server which maps RPC / HTTP out through ISA. Our mail system is in top shape, however since adding the SP1 to Exchange my remote users are complaining that they now get slow mail service using RPC / HTTP with Outlook 2003 (used to be speedy). I tested it myself externally and confirmed it is darn slow now, with a lot of 'waiting for exchange server' pop ups. The only other item I added to Exchange servers is the latest version of Symantec AV for Exchange, and the server client. Any tools ava...

How to configure OWA
Hi, how to configure owa and owa over http? can any body can tell me the procedure and steps to configure owa and owa over http to view my pst files. thanks regards Nell nell wrote: > Hi, > > how to configure owa and owa over http? What version of Exchange are you using? It's installed by default in E2k/2k3 - you have to install it in previous versions. Also, by default, OWA runs over port 80/http. > can any body can tell me the procedure and steps to > configure owa and owa over http to view my pst files. > thanks OWA can't see your PST files. Why are you usi...

Any tools to read/write HTTPS pages?
Hello, I'm researching the possibility of setting up a web site to distribute information for a proposed application. My basic need is to have multiple customer areas that cannot read each others data. The application would get/put files as needed on the site for a user. A similar utility at the compant end would have access to all data. For the most part all I need is a basic ftp server. However, we need the security and ability to allow customer systems to access through their internet filters. Thus a secure web site is the most likely system I could have set up. My applica...

configure proxy in front firewall ???????
If I want to put a firewall in front of the proxy server=20 2.0..=BFi have got to remove them filtered ...? , =BFI have to configure something in the proxy server 2.0? =20 I need help, please thanks, thanks to all http://proxyfaq.networkgods.com/ charles celsman wrote: > If I want to put a firewall in front of the proxy server > 2.0..�i have got to remove them filtered ...? , > > �I have to configure something in the proxy server 2.0? > > I need help, please > > thanks, thanks to all ...

Backup Exchange 2007 configuration (!) before installing SP2
Hello there, I am about to install Exchange Server 2007 SP2 on Exchange Server 2007 running on Windows 2008 (all German). Since I am not trained on Exchange 2007 (just a lot of selfstudy), I hesitate a bit. So I'd like to ask some questions. Perhaps you can help? 1 - How can I save the configuration of that Exchange Server? I have invested quite some time to get all needed features running on that server (one server for client acces, transport, edge, OWA). So far, beside my notes, there seems not to be something like saving the complete server configuration into a con...

OWA using mix of machine name/FQDN, screwing things up with HTTPS
Hello, We have one particular customer whose SBS 2003 box is giving me some heartburn when it comes to setting up OWA. I've set it up for HTTPS only, and setup permissions the exact same as our other many working OWA systems. Here's what happens when I try and hit the "broken" one: When I go to: https://server.domain.com/exchange, I get prompted for a username and password, which works properly. After login, I get a warning that the page contains a mix of both secure and non secure items. If I don't display the non secure items, I see the two "panes"...

How to configure a Time Server ?
How to configure a Windows Server 2003 to be an NTP time server ? I know that all members of a domain get their time synced from their DCs etc. However, I have server X that is NOT part of my domain (the server is an a workgroup, behind the firewall). I can not point this server to my domain DCs for time sync because of the security reasons. I could point this isolated server to another general purpose member server Y in my domain. However, I need to configure this domain member server Y to be an NTP time server. The question is how ? TIA This article may help. htt...

How to give user access to manage sqlserver 2005 remotely?
We have sqlserver 2005 running on a domain controller. How can we give a user rights to access/manage the sqlserver without them having any access to change/view things on the domain controller? Thanks Hi He/She should NOT be a member of local admin group /domain admin group.... Create a login in the Windows machine hosts SQL Server and add login to the SQL Server... "ghurty" <ghurty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DB82773-309E-4A64-B8CB-78B93488F8A5@microsoft.com... > We have sqlserver 2005 running on a domain controller. > > Ho...

SOAP, PHP, RPC and C# .Net
Hey Folks, I have an app that calls a webservice written in PHP. I have referenced the WSDL and when sending data to the server, methods like following work fine: soapservice MySoap=new soapservice (); MySoap.search("arg1","arg2"); However, when I need to receive data from the server or extract results, I am not sure what to do. None of the methods list any data type returns. Of course, I know what should be returned and we had been using "RPCResult" and XML documents from a SoapReader in VB6. Assuming I am going to retrieve an RPCRe...

ISA Server 2000 and RPC over HTTP...Tom S. -- HELP!!! (please)
I'm attempting to get RPC over HTTP through ISA Server 2000 to work. My setup is: 1) ISA Server running on W2K Server 2) Exchange Server 2003 running on Windows Server 2003, SP1 I've looked through Tom's 3-part series, but his articles relate to a FE - BE setup -- in my case, FE/BE are on the same box. I've also perused much of the documentation put out by MSFT, but I'm still not making any progress. Is there definitive documentation out there that describes how to configure RPC over HTTP with ISA Server 2000 firewall? Thanks in advance for any and all responses? ...

Queue Configuration
Hi all, I need to set up an email account like support@company.com and have all the emails to that address converted as activities in CRM. Can somebody help me to resolve this or can you recommend some articles about this? Thanks in advance, Didem There are directions in the IG that walk you through the steps in configuring a queue in the system that pulls in emails like this. On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:34:48 -0500, "Didem Oguz" <didem.oguz@netsoft-usa.com> wrote: Hi all, I need to set up an email account like support@company.com and have all the emails to that address convert...

Setting up Outlook sync with RPC over http
I'm trying to setup my Outlook installation to sync with my school Outlook servers. The IT administration has hinted that it's possible and some students have figured out how to accomplish this, but they don't want to support it. Supposedly it's a nightmare to support the myriad hardware and software configurations of 450 students (doesn't sound so large does it?). The only supported means for accessing our email accounts and utilizing the calendar function of Outlook etc. is via webmail. However, I was told that if I could figure this out then no one would have to ...

New RPC feature to connect via Outlook over port 80?
Hi, I just have Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003...it's up and running fine... One of my users asked me if there is a "new RPC enabled to connect via Outlook over port 80? Can someone tells me what he's talking about? He keeps telling me that there are lots of issues trying to connect our current xchange 2000 server via VPN. So this is something that he feels would resolve the issue. Can someone elaborate more on this new RPC that can be enabled to connect via Outlook over port 80? Any help on this would be much appreciated. -Exo Its called RPC over HTTP and I wo...

Remote ActiveSync User Permission Errors...
Hello, We recently purchased a few Motorola Q smartphones for our users. I already have a PPC-6700 that I've been using Exchange ActiveSync on for about 10 months. It works fine. So, I installed the same certificate on the Motorola and provided the end users username and password, entering it exactly as is on mine. It gives the 0x85010004 error...."Your account in Microsoft Exchange Server does not have permission to synchronize with your current settings. Contact your Exchange Server administrator" So...the first thing I did was check Mobile settings for the user...

Outlook 2007 not work on RPC over Http on Self issue certificate
Hi there, Vista Business Primium with Outlook 2007, SBS 2003 server, Exchange account. My original problem was the connection with vpn (like the sympton description on Scott Townsend's query. dated 18/09/07, but the user was using it at home "Internet Connections My >>>VPN to the office is fine, though I seem to have intermittent connectivity>>>issues with Outlook 2007 to the Exchange 2007 server. In the bottom right >>>it will say, Connected, Disconnected, Trying to connect, etc...") and thought, if I use rpc over https which would solved the...

Configuring e-mail server settings
Establish network connection-ok Search for xyz@hotmail.comserver settings=ok Log on server-not ok. I use the same password as for hotmail. Why I am wrong? Misulache wrote: > Establish network connection-ok > Search for xyz@hotmail.comserver settings=ok > Log on server-not ok. I use the same password as for hotmail. Why I am wrong? comserver is not a valid TLD (top-level domain). Did you define a POP account for Hotmail, or are you trying to use the Outlook Connector add-on for Deltasync access (the old DAV access method got dropped back in September and is the only native Hotmail ...

how to configure outlook to receive email for sharepoint
please tell me hot to verify that share point have sent mail to outlook! didn't i have to configure something on outlook to receive email SharePoint cannot send to Outlook. SharePoint can only send mail to an outgoing SMTP mail server which then sends it out into the network to eventually land on your incoming mail server. Your copy of Outlook connects to this incoming mail server to receive mail. You configure Outlook to attach to your incoming mail server to do this. Check in Outlook "help" how to connect to a mail server. --rms www.rmschneider.com ...

Unable to reach HTTPS links in Outlook
Hello All other links are fine, but the ones that try to get to https links will not have it Any idea appreciated Thanks ...

Alternate rpc port
Hi, Is there any way to have outlook use a different RPC port other than 135. Are there any registry keys that I can change, any hidden debug flags I can pass to outlook? The only clue that I found is that it uses the rpcnt.dll (or something by close to that name) which seems to have port 135 hardcoded into it. But I can't do anything about changing that, nor would I even think of modifying a system dll. I am not looking to run RPC over HTTP. I am aware of it, but it does not suit my needs. VPN is not an option either, since I'm trying to emulate its functionality. Than...

RPC over HTTP setup thru firewall
I've got Exchange Server 2003 SP1 setup on Windows Server 2003. I can configure an outlook client to connect via RPC over HTTP from inside the building and it works. I can also get to OWA within the building. However, I can't get to either from outside beyond the firewall. The firewall is configured to allow incoming port 443 connections to the mail server, and when I attempt to view OWA from elsewhere, the traffic comes in successfully. RPC over HTTP connections generate a fistful of successful incoming traffic as well, but it doesn't work either. OWA says "The ...

RPC Bindback Error
I have a problem that some mails are kept in the MTA of a new mailserver (Exchange Server 5.5 Enterprise SP4) the other server SERVER1 is also Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 non-enterprise). On SERVER1 i get the undermentioned message on a regular basis. Also there are message kept in the MTA. We do not use X.400 connectors or a FQDN structure but we use WINS. I also added a host file on the SERVER1 but nothing helps... Anyone has an idea? -- Date: 11/08/2004 Time: 09:32 Type: Warning User: N/A Computer: SERVER1 Source: MSExchangeMTA Catergory: Interface Event ID: ...

RPC Over HTPPS on FE Server with OWA #2
Hi, I have a front end owa server configured as a OWA server using SSL (with a custom made certificate). Can I also utilise this server and the same certificate to make it run rpc over https as well? Thanks in advance. ...