Right-click in calendar view - possible to add own form to the context menu?

Hello there,

when I right-click in calendar view, I can create a meeting with one of the
forms selected in the context menu. That entry would start at the time where
I had my mouse pointing too.

Is it possible to add own form into the context menu which would act the
same way?
How would I do this?

Thanks for any pointer

regards
Dan

You would need to set it as the default form for that folder.  Right click
on the folder, select properties, use the dropdown to select the form to use
when posting to this folder.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Dan asked:

| Hello there,
|
| when I right-click in calendar view, I can create a meeting with one
| of the forms selected in the context menu. That entry would start at
| the time where I had my mouse pointing too.
|
| Is it possible to add own form into the context menu which would act
| the same way?
| How would I do this?
|
| Thanks for any pointer
|
| regards
| Dan

0
MillyS (3228)
4/28/2005 4:11:44 AM
Thanks Milly,

That was indeed the only way I was able to make it work.. it's just that I
can't do that. I need both forms, the original and the adapted one.

Regards
Daniel

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> You would need to set it as the default form for that folder.  Right click
> on the folder, select properties, use the dropdown to select the form to
> use
> when posting to this folder.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head scratching, Dan asked:
>
> | Hello there,
> |
> | when I right-click in calendar view, I can create a meeting with one
> | of the forms selected in the context menu. That entry would start at
> | the time where I had my mouse pointing too.
> |
> | Is it possible to add own form into the context menu which would act
> | the same way?
> | How would I do this?
> |
> | Thanks for any pointer
> |
> | regards
> | Dan

Then, when in that folder, use Tools->forms->Choose form to select the
alternate form. No other way around it.  You can only have one default form
to use in any folder.  You will have to select an alternate form. The right
click context menu will always default to the default form.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Dan asked:

| Thanks Milly,
|
| That was indeed the only way I was able to make it work.. it's just
| that I can't do that. I need both forms, the original and the adapted
| one.
|
| Regards
| Daniel
|
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
|| You would need to set it as the default form for that folder.  Right
|| click on the folder, select properties, use the dropdown to select
|| the form to use
|| when posting to this folder.
|| --�
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
|| the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my
|| personal account will be deleted without reading.
|| After furious head scratching, Dan asked:
||| Hello there,
||| when I right-click in calendar view, I can create a meeting with one
||| of the forms selected in the context menu. That entry would start at
||| the time where I had my mouse pointing too.
||| Is it possible to add own form into the context menu which would act
||| the same way?
||| How would I do this?
||| Thanks for any pointer
||| regards
||| Dan

0
MillyS (3228)
4/28/2005 7:02:22 AM
An easier way, if the form is published to the folder and you are in the
folder, is to select it from the Actions menu - it will be on the very end.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> Then, when in that folder, use Tools->forms->Choose form to select the
> alternate form. No other way around it.  You can only have one default
> form
> to use in any folder.  You will have to select an alternate form. The
> right
> click context menu will always default to the default form.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head scratching, Dan asked:
>
> | Thanks Milly,
> |
> | That was indeed the only way I was able to make it work.. it's just
> | that I can't do that. I need both forms, the original and the adapted
> | one.
> |
> | Regards
> | Daniel
> |
> | "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
> | <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> || You would need to set it as the default form for that folder.  Right
> || click on the folder, select properties, use the dropdown to select
> || the form to use
> || when posting to this folder.
> || --�
> || Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> || Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
> || the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my
> || personal account will be deleted without reading.
> || After furious head scratching, Dan asked:

0
msnews1660 (730)
4/28/2005 1:41:46 PM
ah.. got it...
and if I select the time first in calendar view, it will even be prepared in
the form already.
great! thanks a lot, Diane.

hmm.. unfortunately, that form does not appear in the customize section
"Action" to be dragged onto the toolbar. Do I have access to that from
somewhere?

Dan

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
> An easier way, if the form is published to the folder and you are in the
> folder, is to select it from the Actions menu - it will be on the very
> end.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
> <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Then, when in that folder, use Tools->forms->Choose form to select the
>> alternate form. No other way around it.  You can only have one default
>> form
>> to use in any folder.  You will have to select an alternate form. The
>> right
>> click context menu will always default to the default form.
>>
>> --�
>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
>> the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
>> account will be deleted without reading.
>>
>> After furious head scratching, Dan asked:
>>
>> | Thanks Milly,
>> |
>> | That was indeed the only way I was able to make it work.. it's just
>> | that I can't do that. I need both forms, the original and the adapted
>> | one.
>> |
>> | Regards
>> | Daniel
>> |
>> | "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
>> | <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message

Right click , drag and drop and cut , copy paste facilities
Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and paste facilities in any of the record forms Pretty limiting eh? Just chalk it up as one of many CRM shortcomings. Sometimes you can right click, sometimes you can't. Just get in the habit of using Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Nitin" <Nitin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2223FB31-B10E-4EA7-87C0-ED483F5F6E23@microsoft.com... > Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and past...

No Form Assistant in Quote Product Screen
While entering data in the QuoteProduct screen, no Form Assistant is available. Is it the usual feature or I need to configure something to view the Form Assistant? Also is it possible to see contact hierarchy in an account in the form of a Organisational Chart? Is their any add-on available in relation to this? ...

Tr again: Modifying Calendar's "reading" view in 2003
In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a "Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar. But the layout of the Reading pane wastes a lot of space. Can its layout or content be modified? No, the content can't be modified. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Form for table
Here's the problem: Access 2003, XP Pro- I have three tables that are related by primary keys. I have a table[Table QC] that has the field [EmployeeID], the data type is number--that field is linked to the autonumber primary key of the Employees Table. So far so good. I am trying to make a form that has a combo box that looks to the Employee Table to get me the drop down of the employees (Last Name, First Name). The SQL statement builds out okay, and I get the correct name config., but because the data type is a number it won't accept the data. I looked at the Northwind example and i...

Build Dynamic Query from Form
I am trying to build a dynamic Query from a Form. I keep getting an error that reads ‘Object qryFilter already exists’ I suspect it has something to do with the string of dates being passed to the Query; strDateCondition = "([Trades].[TDATE] Between [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboFrom] And [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboTo])" I am trying to add a means for a user to Query by Customer and Trader AND all records between two dates. This was working fine for Customer and Trader; when I added in the code to filter by dates I started having problems. I know the SQL will be li...

lost menu bar #2
HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet and I can't seem to find anyone to help me get it back. The menu I am missing is the one that includes - File, Edit, Insert and etc. I have tried...right clicking - customize - toolbars, but I don't seem to have the needed item. Anyone with suggestions - please reply... Thanks. Hi if you right-click on the menu bar you should see an item like 'General'. Check this item -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JoEllen OSBDC wrote: > HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet > and I can't s...

Missing Menu Options (Outlook 2002)...
HELP! I've noticed a few things disappearing: 1) When I right-click an e-mail to add the person to the Junk Senders list, the options under "Junk E-mail" are no longer visible (just gives me a stubby blank box) 2) I don't have access to "Tools --> Rules Wizard" - that'c completely disappeared. Any ideas? ...

Sum in Form Footer
Hi Folks, I've made a the following calculation in form Detail section into text box and I've called my text box "Chaussures" =Sum([Chaussures])+([aldo])+([Feet-First])+([Transit])+([Globo]), this sum calculate the sum of Units which are into these text boxes "aldo", "Feet-First", "Transit" and "Globo" and this for each line record. Now in the Form Footwear, How can I make the total of units "Chaussures" I've tried a lot of things and nothing seems to work. Your help will be much appreciated, Thankign you in advance,...

Appending in a sub form
I am creating a venue ticket tracking DB in Access '07. tblVenueEvent has info about Venue, date, time, event with a VenueEventID (key field) which is linked to tblTicketInfo which has section, seat, row, etc. I set up an entry form completing VenueEvent info with a sub form for ticket info. Some of the venues have a standard set of seats that I want to "auto populate" into the sub fom. I have set up a Venue table with the standard seats for the venue. I can set up an Append Query on the sub form, which does append the tblTicketInfo, but does not capture the VenueEven...

List Running Horizontally-Pivot Table Possible?
I just had a customer ask this one and I'm not so sure about it. 1) The customer has setup a list of information that is running horizontally instead of the typical list running vertically. 2) I just taught him how to do pivot tables and he wants to generate a pivot table with his "horizontal" list. 3) I know he can copy and paste special and use the Transpose feature to change the list from horizontally oriented to vertically oriented. 4) the question is: can he leave the table in its original orientation and still generate Pivot tables? I can't seem to make it work ...

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

Is there a way to convert OE 03 form templates?
I have a user that has upgraded from outlook 2003 to outlook 2007 and has a form template from 2003 that is in a FDM extension. Outlook 2007 is unable to read this form. Is there a way to convert this form, or will the user just have to create a new form with their new version of outlook? Any information appreciated. Thanks, -AllenK What happens when you try to install the form? Any error message? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

Delegates cannot add contacts?
I've created an OU for external email addresses, shared across the company. Within that OU, I've created a nested OU for specific delegation. I've delegated management of the OU to a specific contract manager. My dilemma? From what I've been able to determine, no one except an Exchange admin can create new contacts. Ideas/suggestions? I've installed the Exchange admin/management tools on the appropriate systems. TIA, Mike Mike Is the problem that you have delegated permissions within AD and are no experiencing problems? Nue "Mike" <newsgroups@manco...

Unable to add documents to My Recent Documents
Hello, Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied" message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab. Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties from the list? If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start Menu Tab. Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents". hth Gary V wrote: > > Hello, &g...

Multiple Item Forms
Hi. I am new to your form and am struggling with the Multiple Item Forms. I want a combo box on the top that will select an id number from a table called 'SurveyA'. The multiple item form should then only display the records in a table called 'ActTravDiary' with that id number. As the ID number is changed a new group of records should be displayed in the form. I know how to initiate a change in one combo box based on another combo box (i.e. Row Source), but I cannot find a similar property for the multiple item forms. Please help. On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:00:2...

Set Enabled On All Controls in a Form?
I am trying to set all controls visible, unlocked, and enabled, as the baseline for disabling or locking down some fields based on other criteria. Here's what I tried, which gives me an "Invalid or unqualified reference" error: Function SetEnabledFieldsBase() Dim ctl As Control For Each ctl In Me.Controls .Enabled = True .Visible = True .Locked = False Next ctl End Function I based this on several examples that were intended to do something to all text boxes on a form. (I have never done this before, so sorry if this i...

"Organizational folder": 'new' menu is not available
I am following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244591 and I try to create an organization folder. I go to my "Public FOlder", click "System folder". I see EFORMS listed there. I right click the option and I don't see the option "new". What's wrong ? Exch 2000SP3. ...

add GENDERCODE to leads
We implemented MS CRM some time ago, and now we come across some minor issues... one of them is: why can't we add the GENDERCODE to a lead?? is there a way to do it (easily) or can we better forget about it??? ...

Need to have more Columns available in advanced view
I know how to add columns in advanced view but i can't add all the columns I'd like to add. I can choose more fields (attributs) as search attributes than as result columns. Is there somewhere a switch to turn a field (attribute) into not only beeing searchable but selectable as a column in advanced search? Example: "Invoice Product": Is there a way to make an advanced search or view which delivers field (attributes) of "Invoice Product" as a result? Marko ...

Option for fields to show up in datasheet view
Hello, Since most people are more familiar with excel then access, my users prefer to see it in datasheet view. However, since it could be too long, anyone can help me how to make an option to show up only field that we can chose in the form. I remember there is a sample of database that has that one, but I do not know where is it now. Please help. Thanks in advance, Frank -- Frank Situmorang Simplest solution might be to set the Visible property of the controls on the form, based on the fields the user wants to see. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, West...

Add Remove Message Inbox Headings
Hi :) I have to do the ECDL (European Computer Driving License) Module 7 this week and I'm stuck on two points: 7.6.3.1 - Add/Remove Message Inbox Headings like: sender, subject, date, received - How do I add or remove those headings in Outlook 2007? Thanks for any help :) Giulio. ...

filter records in a form
I've created a form with its subform to enter tasks of employees. however I need filter records only for active employees The form has as a source, the table CARD_EMP (employee card). It has a field ST_EMP for the employee status (Active , Pasive) In the Event Form_Current I wrote DoCmd.ApplyFilter ST_EMP='A' but it doesn't work Thanks for advance Carlos -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi mamumi Your advice was the solution Thanks a lot Carlos -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscodin...

GENERATE a TEXT FILE Using INPUT from a Form ??
I need to generate a Text file using (partly) information entered by the user on a form. I already have the TEMPLATE for the text file......I need to generate a COPY of the file with the word entered by the user into the form INSERTED into the text file. The text file is actually code for a web page (will have an .htm extension). The file is simply an exact copy of an existing template with only ONE ITEM of the text changed to a word that is entered into a form by a user. Example: One line within the template file is: "We have several of these items available in BLUE." I have...

Public Folder acces right for user from other domain
Hi, I need to make a public folder accesible for users drom another domain. I have read that this can be done by configuring the folder as a publicly available newsgroup but how do I do this? Mario ...