Retrieving (re-importing) .pst archive files in Outlook 2000

Can anyone tell me how to import .pst archive files in
Outlook 2000? I have tried

Import from another program or file/Personal Folder File
(.pst)/File to import/Browse => C:Documents and
Settings/User(My name)/Application
data/Microsoft/Outlook ...

and can't see any .pst files.

In Windows Explorer, a search in the same location (i.e
C:Documents and Settings/User(My name)/Application
data/Microsoft/Outlook) reveals .FAV, .LOG, .DAT and
other files, but none of my .pst archive files. I have
ensured that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched
on in Tools/Folder options. I should not have to add a
new file type but anyway the wizard does not recognise
the extension with a matched application (select "New",
type common file extension like .doc, select "advanced",
and the wizard will offer Microsoft Word Document).

In Outlook I have checked the folder properties and they
are set correctly to archive to the above location and
the Default Archive File is also set to deliver to this
folder in Tools/Options/Other/Auto Archive.

Where can I go from here?!
0
info11 (1)

But did you enable your Search to include hidden folders? You should at
least be turning up your current default PST if you're searching correctly.

Once you find them, do not import them. Open them.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"James" <info1@ibsweb.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how to import .pst archive files in
> Outlook 2000? I have tried
>
> Import from another program or file/Personal Folder File
> (.pst)/File to import/Browse => C:Documents and
> Settings/User(My name)/Application
> data/Microsoft/Outlook ...
>
> and can't see any .pst files.
>
> In Windows Explorer, a search in the same location (i.e
> C:Documents and Settings/User(My name)/Application
> data/Microsoft/Outlook) reveals .FAV, .LOG, .DAT and
> other files, but none of my .pst archive files. I have
> ensured that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched
> on in Tools/Folder options. I should not have to add a
> new file type but anyway the wizard does not recognise
> the extension with a matched application (select "New",
> type common file extension like .doc, select "advanced",
> and the wizard will offer Microsoft Word Document).
>
> In Outlook I have checked the folder properties and they
> are set correctly to archive to the above location and
> the Default Archive File is also set to deliver to this
> folder in Tools/Options/Other/Auto Archive.
>
> Where can I go from here?!

0
russval (3097)

Merging Two Office Data Files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C3C6E7.505DB790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Here is the situation: I've a desktop and a laptop. Before I bought the laptop I was using MS = Outlook on my desktop. Now that I'm using my laptop mostly, I would like = to have my old emails from my desktop Outlook merged with the laptop = Outlook emails. I don't want to replace the laptop outlook files with = the desktop outlook files is the folder - C:\Documents and = Settings\Laptop\Lo...

Linking files 2 ways

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

Maximum file sizes

find action on log file

Outlook Sales

File size #11

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

cannot open hyper links in outlook