retrieving folders.old file

probably been posted before, but need some help. i was
getting the "MSIMN has caused an error in directdb.dll" i
found the solution by renaming the folders.dbx file to
folders.old. here's the problem, i opened express back up
and my sent folder was empty.  my question is, how or can
i retrieve that old sent message list??
0
anonymous (74722)

backing up files
Does anyone know if it is possible to back up my money files to a CD RW disc. Please e-mail an answer to me. Why should I email you an answer when the answer to this question has already been posted three or four times already this week? Please read the posts. "John Koegel" <bigjohn1016@mns.com> wrote in message news:044501c348bf$62e760b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if it is possible to back up my money > files to a CD RW disc. Please e-mail an answer to me. ...

PDF file #7

No date fields appear when exporting/importing CSV file?
Hello All, I need to convert some legacy emails from another system to a format that can be read by Outlook. The preferred format is CSV text, which we plan to import into Outlook. I noticed when playing with the export/import that the following seem to be the standard fields that get exported into an Outlook generated CSV file: "Subject", "Body (text)", "From: (Name)", "From: (Address)", "From: (Type)", "To:(Name)", "To: (Address)", "To: (Type)", "CC: (Name)", "CC: (Address)", "CC: (...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

How do I list more opened Word docs under the File menu
Word 2003 displays the last 4 Word files opened on clicking the File menu. I would like to increase this to about 20. Can this be done, and if so, how? In Word 2003, the maximum number that can be shown is 9 and it can be set via Tools>Options>General -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Wellington" <Wellington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9B8C9D4-4F78-4A92-94C6-8DC0D41388...

Change Folder List Text Color (2002)
Is there anyway to change the color of the text listed in the folder view? ie - "Inbox" text color from black to red, "Sent" from black to blue" No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, jsonne@verizon.net asked: | Is there anyway to change the color of the text listed in | the folder view? ie - "Inbox" text color from b...

Queue not retrieving email
Hi everyone, Something weird is happening. Last week, we created a queue user in Active Directory (by the book, no mistakes) and in CRM. Everything worked fine for a couple of days, i. e., email sent to the email address was then retrieved by the CRM and placed in the queue. Unfortunately, this stopped happening for no apparent reason approximately 30 hours after the first message was received. Email messages are correctly delivered to the Exchange mailbox, where they are correctly stored (and can even be retrieved by POP3). The queue configuration has been checked and it complies wi...

two contact folders disappeared. Where could they have gone?
Tried to open a contacts folder but it wouldn't open. Restarted outlook, saw the folder appear but then it disappeared before outlook fully loaded. Any idea where it could have gone? "Cloudburst" <Cloudburst@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8696545F-26EE-43ED-A8BF-A48FBC6F0928@microsoft.com... > Tried to open a contacts folder but it wouldn't open. Restarted outlook, saw > the folder appear but then it disappeared before outlook fully loaded. Any > idea where it could have gone? Saw it appear where? What version of Outlook? Wha...

Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail - Contacts - Backup - under Windows 7 Formerly with Outlook Express I used backup software to make a copy of the Windows Address Book and save to my backup media. I was hoping to do something similar after moving to Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail (WLM). So far I've had little success in finding the folder/file where WLM keeps the contacts in Windows 7. I know I could export to a CSV file each time I do a backup, but boy what a pain that would be. Can someone provide a pointer to info on where the file(s) is/are located? (it would be a bonus if the...

data error while opening files
when i open excel or word existing file i getting contents as "DATAError [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]" instead of my saved data. pls help me solving. My all word & excel files are have same problem. ...

Public folders changes problem
Hi On Exchange 2007 I created public folder named "IT" and inside a calendar called "IT calnedar" that is used for all events in our IT department. It's strange when our secretary adds events into this calendar and mark them with different colors (categories) these changes (the right color for each event) are only shown in Outlook 2003 or OWA, but in Outlook 2007 all colors are mixed up. We all have Outlook 2007 in IT department, so we all see wrong colors, but when I try to log-on through OWA or with a test machine that has Outlook 2003 installed everything is O...

Cannot open Publisher File
I'm using Publisher 2003 and have a 100 MB (66 MB Compressed) publisher file that consitently hangs up publisher when trying to open it. Once in a while, the first page will load, but when you try to switch to another page, the program hangs up again. I've tried several PCs to open the file with including a P4 file server with 2 GB of RAM. nothing seems to make a difference. I can tell through the Task Manager that the app is doing some sort of processor work, but no disk access is being performed. I tried opening the file in Safe Mode and it make some slight improvements w...

integrate my vendor/supplier files from RMS and SBF into Outlook
I want to be able to see my vendor/supplier the same info in outlook, RMS and SBF I hate having to rekey the same information over and over. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-...

Lost Connection to Public Folders
Hello All, I think I just shot my self in the foot and set the "Everyone" usr permissions to DENY on my Public Folders. Now I cannot view my Public Folders Tree within the Exchange System Manager. Is there any way I can reverse this so that I can view my public folders again. Thanks, Eric Pls run Forestprep and Domainprep in your exchange server again!If you are Windows 2000 DC Domain it will reset Exchange permission! Or you can using ADSI , find the public folder object and reset the permission http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823017 -- Jammyù...

Lost File #2
I have accidently saved over a publisher file and lost all my work. I am aware that I have temp files that may have the data in it but I cannot access any of them. I get an error message saying it is locked or in use by another person but they are not. Can anyone help >-----Original Message----- >I have accidently saved over a publisher file and lost all my work. I am >aware that I have temp files that may have the data in it but I cannot access >any of them. I get an error message saying it is locked or in use by another >person but they are not. > >Can anyon...

OWA receive error message "An error occurred while trying to empty the deleted items folder"
Hello, I have a user encounter a problem in OWA (Exchange 2003 SP2) When the user try to "Empty the deleted item" in OWA, it show an error message "An error occurred while trying to empty the deleted items folder". It occurs intermittently, do anyone have any idea on it? Thanks a lot.. Best regards, Chris ...

Parsing a space delimited file into segments
I have a space delimited file that contains address information. Is there a way to parse each record so that I parse the records into specific portions (Company Name is field 1, Street Address is field 2, etc.)? Using the space as a delimiter doesn't help in this instance because every word is obviously separated by a space. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks. hi, you could use the fixed width option but unless all of the data is the same width that could cause a serious problem. i don't know how much data you have but you may have to do it in groups or 1 line a...

3 pst files
I want to have 3 pst files on my Outlook 2003 setup. Is this possible? I have the pst file that I work now and 2 others which are pst files from an old laptop which I want just to be there as separate. How can I do it and shall I do Import or is there any other way. thanks Virginia Don't use the import feature. Simply reconnect the pst-files via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... You can place the pst-file in a location that is convenient to you. For instance in a sub folder of your My Documents folder called "Outlook". -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Out...

Can't open any .exe files
If I click on any programs it pops up and tells me that there is no association. I know how to association a file extension normally. If I click on Excel it gives me the error. Yet if I click on an Excel file then it will open the file. If I click on Notepad gives me the association error yet again if I click on a file saved in Notepad it opens that file. I tried to run System Restore but I get the same error. The exact error message is : This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this Acton. Create an association in the Folder Options control Pane...

How to delete a personal folders in OUtlook..
For some reason I have a duplicate 'personal folders' in my folder list. One seems to mirror the other. any ideas on how to get rid of one? Ignore this please, found the answer in the KB by rephrasing my question.... >-----Original Message----- >For some reason I have a duplicate 'personal folders' in >my folder list. One seems to mirror the other. any ideas >on how to get rid of one? >. > please ig >-----Original Message----- >For some reason I have a duplicate 'personal folders' in >my folder list. One seems to mirror the oth...

Sync Laptop+Desktop; Storage Folders, Pop?
I use WLM on my desktop computer. For infrequent travel with a laptop, I want to bring my email along. My Hotmail, contacts, & calendar all sync automatically for WLM on both machines. Very nice. But "Storage folders" and any folders within a Pop account seem "locked down" to a single machine. I cannot find ANY way to easily, automatically sync them. This was so easy before, when I was using Outlook Express with Microsoft's "Sync Toy" - I'd just sync before leaving & after I returned. One workaround I tried, using the "...

unknown cab file required
I just installed Project 2003 and immediately ran the update routine. Office Update tells me that it has SP1 for Project and some new junk mail filters for Outlook 2003. I tell it to download both patches. Download proceeds with no problem. Installation tells me that it cannot find a file called SKU111.CAB. I search all local hard disks - no file. I search the Project disk - no file. I search the Office 2003 disk - no file. I even searched the Publisher 2003 disk (which is not installed). I can account for an SKU13B and an SKU119, but no SKU111. I search all of Microsoft.com - nothing e...

error opening excel file
hi! i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do you want to continue loading the project?" i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error log is being created" what happen to the excel file? the excel file is only 2.6Mb There is a bug in xl97 (fixed in xl2k, IIRC) that allowed worksheet codenames to get too long. I _think_ that newer versions of excel will open...

old server removal
Hello I believe that I have verified our old server can now be removed from our network. We are running Exch 2003 on both servers. Our previous nework admin is gone and I have been trying to verify where he left off and that the old server is no longer needed. He migrated exchange services to new hardware. I did reference article KB822931 and all items reference the new server now. All mailboxes have been moved. However I did not see repliaction details for any items, it was several weeks ago when the migration was completed. My thought is to stop the exch services on the old server bef...

Can't open pdf files in windows mail.
Every time I try to open a PDF file in windows mail it says I don't have a program associated with it to open it. It says to set a default program with it. I have adobe reader associated with it in default programs, so I don't know why it won't open it. What operating system? i.e.: XP/SP3 etc. Windows Mail, or Windows Live Mail? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP Outlook Express Imperial Beach, CA "Dutchy" <Dutchy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BC3362D-015D-498A-90AD-FE4AD10D0962@microsoft.com... > Every ti...