restoring pst but it has missing data?

I changed my motherboard so had to reload Outlook 2007.   On selecting
original pst file I do have the last incoming emails but sent emails are
missing as are all of my contacts.  What did I do wrong?

regards,

0
nobody (271)

Hard to know what you did wrong because we don't know what you did.
Apparently you either selected the wrong data file or connected to it
incorrectly.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I changed my motherboard so had to reload Outlook 2007.   On selecting
>original pst file I do have the last incoming emails but sent emails are
>missing as are all of my contacts.  What did I do wrong?
>
> regards,

0
russval1 (2100)
1/24/2009 5:42:28 PM
You dont have to reinstall? office or any other apps when changing a mother
board, what you have to do in most cases is run a repair installation of Win
and install the drivers supplied with your motherboard. (nor do you install
drivers from MS Update)
All such data is contained in the pst, are you accessing the origonal pst,
or a copy you made?
How are you connecting your origonal pst?

"nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I changed my motherboard so had to reload Outlook 2007.   On selecting
>original pst file I do have the last incoming emails but sent emails are
>missing as are all of my contacts.  What did I do wrong?
>
> regards,

0
DL

How to extract data from a CSV file?
hi everyone almost everyday i need to open 3 csv files in excel to extract som data from them. The CSV files contains no headings hence when i opene them in excel, the first row or first column would already hav contained the data. I have written a command in excel to extract al the data from the 3 csv files and paste them individually in eac worksheet. after running the command, i would them need to go to eac worksheet and copy the one or two columns of data and then paste the in another worksheet. I would do the same for the other 2 csv files this is very tedious and repetitive. in addition...

How do I exclude data using the IIF statement in report builder
I have data in my dataset that I want to exclude in the average calculation for the final report (those with a key.value of 999). Here is how my statement is written but it is not returning any value. What am I doing wrong? =iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 1 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 16) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, round(Avg(Fields!CY_Rate.Value),0), iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 19 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 20 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 21 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 22 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 23 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 24) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, roun...

PST Backup #4
A while ago, before a system restore, I had a small program that ran itself everytime I shut down outlook that automatically made a backup of my pst file. Unfortunately I can not remember where I downloaded it from and would obviously like another copy or indeed something of a similar nature. Any ideas, Regards, Kev Kevin Cole <kcsoftware@dsl.pipex.com> wrote: > A while ago, before a system restore, I had a small program that ran > itself everytime I shut down outlook that automatically made a backup > of my pst file. > > Unfortunately I can not remember where I...

Recover Outlook 2007 if .pst file is missing (Vista) ?
Hi, I had a failed hard drive (corrupted boot sector) on my Vista machine running Outlook 2007. I am able to see/recover most of the data from the disk. However, I cannot find my Outlook.pst file anywhere on the hard drive. Please let me know if there is any way I can recover my data. Thank you! PST files are hidden. Likely locations are well documented: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/aboutpst.htm -- Russ Valentine "Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02981EEF-17C5-4F72-9770-A11DD4FD9920@microsoft.com... > Hi, > &...

Sum a range of Data that's not shaded gray
Hi, I trying to figure out how to SUMIF only if the data in a cell is not shaded gray. On my spreadsheet, once an item in a column is shaded gray, it is complete. If it is shaded any other color it is an accounts receivable. So I'm trying to figure a quick way to add up my accounts receivables. Any ideas would help...Thanks..Pete -- Pete Corrao www.PilotPeteSupplies.com (631)875-0550 See below page from Chip's site, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Regards, Shailesh Shah http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/ (Excel Add-ins Page) If You Can't Excel with Tal...

data extraction problem

Need some pointers
I just started playing with the XML extensions of the CRL and have a question and have not seen how why what I have here is happening. Now I do know my XML is not complete and the file layout we are starting with is simply a prototype Any way here is a cut out of my xml file <IADSNOTES type='public' count='4'><Note ID='1' app='Readr' csm='0'><File href='C:\IADS\DEMO\DEMO.SGM'/><Frame num='1' id='INTRODUCTION TO IADS' title=''/><User>Guest</User><Pos ScrollPos='0'/><Te...

text data on X axis
Is it possible? My Y data are numbers but I would like to put the X coordinates as text, eg.: (a;12), (b;9), (w;2;8) etc., the chart of XY type. I can't find anything like that in Help. Thank you. Create a Line chart. The chart will treat each text item as its own category label. If you have any duplicate labels, you will end up with duplicates along the chart axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "ajent" <debrza@poczta_kropka_onet.pl> wrote in message news:el43kh$q0d$1@nemesis.news.tpi...

Multiple Data Migrations
We have our initial information in CRM. Can we do more data migrations of new accounts and products with our current CRM data intact so that it will just append to what we have out there? Yes, according to the documentation, the DMF always appends. Regards, Matt Narayan. >-----Original Message----- >We have our initial information in CRM. Can we do more >data migrations of new accounts and products with our >current CRM data intact so that it will just append to >what we have out there? >. > Yes and No - if you already have the Accounts and Products in CRM you...

Export to PST
Hi We have had many issues upgrading our exchange server from 5.5 to 2000. We have now decided to setup a clean install of Windows 2000 server and Exchange 2000. We have a Windows 2000 server running Exchange 5.5 that is not connected to the network which contains replicated public folders from which we would like to extract the data. Is there any microsoft or third party applications that will extract specific folders into PST files or any other importable file compatible with Exchange 2000? Thanks Si Exmerge.exe is designed for this very purpose! http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=1...

restore backup problem Money 2004
I cannot restore the backup file. It said Money cannot locate file or cannot open it because it is a read-only file. I did copy backup file to hard drive and restore to different location, different name. But there's still the problem. I'm using Money 2004 running on Window xp. I read the other thread for Money 2005 but dont know where to update my version of Money 2004? Pls Help, Thanks! ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking #5
The Template Wizard is not part of excel 2003 and I can't find it on Microsoft's web site as an add in. Is it still available? If not, how can I recreate it? Thanks. ...

Exporting data to Excel from VC++ 6.0
Can anyone suggest me an easy method (ActiveX, or direct APIs) of exporting data to Excel from VC++ 6.0? The one I am using has few limitations which are mentioned below: 1. Can not format the cells, e.g expand the cells to cell text width. 2. If a cell contains more than 256 characters then the fisrt 256 characters are overwritten and the latest characters are only stored. Regards ...

add-in for Goal Seek on a data point excel 2007
Does any one know of an add-in or macro that will allow the goal seek ability on a data point to work in excel 2007 the way it did in the prior versions of excel? I know of no such add-in. I imaging a clever programmer could develop one in a week or so of intense head scratching and fist pounding. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "kendal" <kendal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CE1B286-3111-4BC5-9D5D-A84B8D350B88@microsoft.com... > Does ...

How to import Outlook Contact data into Excel
I have MS Outlook 2002 SP£ and Excel 2002 SP3. I am trying to import contact data from Outlook into Excel where I have created a template for sending out my invoices. Rather than type in data I thought that there must be a way to import the data from my contacts folder in Outlook. Ihave tried via MS Word 'Merge' programme but nothing but rubbish comes out as I cannot enter fields - Word converts my Excel file into its format and scrambles all! Had assumed it would be straightforward - Any sensible and successful ideas anyone? I have Outlook and Excel 2003 so I don'...

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Outlook 2003: Copy Command Missing on Right-Click
In Outlook 2003, when I right click on an email message, only the move command is available; the copy command is missing! The only way I can copy an email message to another folder is to drag it with the right mouse button and then it comes up as an option. Is there a fix to this bug? Thanks... ...

Problems migrating PST files from Outlook 2000 to 2003
One of the users I support bought a new laptop with Office2003 on it. Her old machine had all the mail in 2 PST files (outlook.pst and archive.pst.) After setting up her mail (Internet mail for her home office,) I copied over the pst files. I closed outlook and set up the personal folders from the mail icon in the control panel. I selected the folder type as outlook 97~2002. When I open outlook, I can see the folders within the personal folders but not the mail. I tried the inbox repair tool but it didn't help. This is the first time I've worked with Outlook2003 and frankly ...

Why picture is missing
I added several picutures in one of my files using publisher 2003. When I save one of the pictures seem to be missing all the time. It's not just when I save, when I leave the file out for a while the picture will be lost, too. Please help, thanks Angelinrose T Le It's your video driver. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver. Meanwhile, slide the acceleration down on your adapter, see if that helps. Control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msa...

XML data question
Hi All, I have about 8 small pick list Like States, Countries, CreditCard etc... I was thinking maybe it could be a good idea to have 8 XML files to be stored on the HD instead of opening that connection and bind the data from the tables all the time. Using the XML files instead, would that be good idea? Thanks, Eric Eric S wrote: > Hi All, > > I have about 8 small pick list Like States, Countries, CreditCard etc... > I was thinking maybe it could be a good idea to have 8 XML files > to be stored on the HD instead of opening that connection and bind ...

MENUS MISSING
How do I find file name and created by/on menus in Office 2007 I believe you are looking for -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "K A L Hinds" <KALHinds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3FF264E-4FFB-4D8F-BE8F-1B0FAC0B1736@microsoft.com... > How do I find file name and created by/on menus in Office 2007 Let me try again... :-) I believe you are looking for this command: Office button | Prepare | Properties. Word displays some common document properties (in a pane). To see all of them, click Document Properties | Advanced Propert...

Import Outlook 2003 pst file to Outlook 2000
When trying to copy contacts and emails from new version on one machine to older version on a different machine I get the following two error messages. Is what I want to do not allowed and is there a solution. Thanks, Tlm Properties for this information service must be defined first. The file xxx.pst is not a personal folders file. "tlm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:105d701c3f30f$2b1a78c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When trying to copy contacts and emails from new version > on one machine to older version on a different machine I > get...

combination stacked column and line data
Help. I've been asked to create a chart that has two sets of data that are stacked (columns) and 5 sets of data that display in line format. Is this an option in Excel. I can do a columan and a line but can't seem to add more than that. I'm using Excel 97 (but have access to Excel 2003). Please and thanks. Don't spend a lot of time looking for every last permutation in the "built in custom" chart types. What you probably want isn't there, but it's easy to roll your own type. Make a chart with all data plotted in one format (probably line, so you ha...

Using EMS SQL to Importing Data Into RMS
I'm having some trouble using EMS SQL to import items into RMS, specifically with the following Item fields: Department ID, Category ID, Supplier ID, Tag Along Item, Tag Along QTY, etc.... These fields won't update the data I provide in the excel file being imported. Most of the other fields like Look Up Code, Description, Price, Cost, etc, update perfectly. Has anyone encountered this before? Does anyone have any thoughts on this one? Please help. Thank you! I didn't use any of the tag along fields, but my item import using EMS went smoothly. OTOH, I imported all o...

Error: Data Protection Manager Error ID: 307
Hi, I have DPM 2010 RC. Im installing an agent on untrusted domain. I follow the steps but when i try to attach the agent in DPM console i recieve this error. Error: Data Protection Manager Error ID: 307 The protection agent operation failed because DPM detected an unknown DPM protection agent on XXXDC01. Recommended action: Use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to uninstall the protection agent from XXXDC01, then reinstall the protection agent and perform the operation again. Of couse i tried to uninstall and install the agent but nothing worked. P.S: When i ...