restoring addresses and sent files

Hi,

I can not access my old sent files or address book.
Before I went through an XP restore, I saved all .pst
files (all eight)and copied them successfully back to the
Documents and Settings/owner/local settings/application
data/microsoft/outlook directory.  Here are the file
names:

1. archive - 48 KB
2. mailbox - 32 KB
3. Outlook - 106 MB
4. Outlook1 - 103 MB
5. Outlook2 - 109 MB
6. Outlook3 - 32 KB
7. Ted_Home - 69 KB
8. Outlookold - 900 KB

When I go to "Tools" and "E-mail accounts" and then click
on "Directory and "view or change existing directories or
address books", and further, mouse-click "change", I find
that the path leads to "mailbox.PAB".  If I "browse" to
find any of the other files in that Outlook directory, I
do not see them and do not have an option to any files
but the .PAB files (e.g. to the .pst files for the other
files in the directory).

How do to access or open any of the .pst files, e.g.
Outlook2 which looks like it has the most files, where I
believe are my most recent addresses and sent files?

Ted Ricks
0
anonymous (74722)

Click on "new outlook data file" right by the delivery
area towards the bottom and search for pst there.

Lisa

0
anonymous (74722)
5/24/2004 5:11:14 PM
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> I can not access my old sent files or address book.
> Before I went through an XP restore, I saved all .pst
> files (all eight)and copied them successfully back to the
> Documents and Settings/owner/local settings/application
> data/microsoft/outlook directory.  Here are the file
> names:

First, it's not _required_ that you have the PSTs in that folder.

> When I go to "Tools" and "E-mail accounts" and then click
> on "Directory and "view or change existing directories or
> address books", and further, mouse-click "change", I find
> that the path leads to "mailbox.PAB".

The PAB file is no longer used.

\> How do to access or open any of the .pst files, e.g.
> Outlook2 which looks like it has the most files, where I
> believe are my most recent addresses and sent files?

File>Open>Personal Folder File (or Outlook Data File).  Browse to the
various files.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
5/24/2004 6:50:37 PM
Hi Lisa,

Could you give me more information?  Where in Outlook
is "new outlook data file"?

Ted

0
carickses (1)
5/24/2004 6:55:09 PM
Ted Ricks <carickses@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Could you give me more information?  Where in Outlook
> is "new outlook data file"?

File>New>Outlook Data File.  It will say "Personal Folders File" if you're
using OL2000 or earlier.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)

Security Permissions on Address List!!!!!!!!
I accidently set the authenticated users group to deny all on an address list and set it not to inherit permissions..... can i somehow reset this?! help! thanks. I cant even delete it either in adsi! Correction, I deleted the address list container out of the configuration schema in AD. is there any way to restore this? a reinstall of exchange, or using an authoritative restore of AD just for that object? Thanks. "Gabe Matteson" <gmatteson@inquery.biz.nospam> wrote in message news:%23hZuKDMHGHA.1760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I accidently set the authenticated users ...

Does WMP 12 have File, View, etc on the top?
I have Windows 7 and (I guess) Windows Media Player 12. I was trying to find which version I have and someone said I should check Help, then About (as with almost every other software program) - but there is no Help up on top and no File, View etc. like the Media Player on my XP box. So... is there something missing on my Media Player 12, as I suspect, and if so, do I uninstall it (how?) and reinstall it? Or are there no drop down menus on Media Player 12? Thanks for any light you can shed on this mystery Robert press the ctrl and M keys simultaneously and the menu bar shou...

pst files and VPN issues
I'm looking for suggestions on how to configure .pst files for remote users who access a network using VPN. Due to the large size of these files (often over a gigabyte), Outlook's performance is seriously affected and often freezes during the archive process. What are your company's polices for remote users accessing .pst files and is there a way short of saving them locally to access them without affecting Outlook's performance? If the .pst has to be stored and backed up locally, does anyone have security advice for protecting .pst files with sensitive material? Encrypted f...

File List Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I found an article which describes how to setup a folder to view any file system folder in Outlook 2002. I can't find any equivalent in Outlook 2003. Basically I just want to have an Outlook 2003 folder named something like "my files" and have its address pointing to a mapped drive. I have tried setting up a "home page" location on a folder, but it only works for web addresses, not file systems. Thanks in advance. Regards, Troy At the bottom of the Navigation pane, you should have buttons for Folder List, Shortcuts, etc. Select the Folder List button. Op...

Those damn pst files!!
Hello, I have had MANY problems with outlook, first, I had problems where I had to reinstall every time I closed outlook xp or I couldn't send emails, then I tried the detect and repair--restore defaults, then I reconfigured and it seemed to work fine...EXCEPT I could no longer intellisync or sync anything...I looked into the matter, and found that my default Outlook.pst was now outlook1.pst, so I changed the name to outlook.pst, reconfigured (again lost the address book in the process) and still can't sync...what is up with these damn pst files? WHERE should I put that OUTL...

Excel menus are locked when opening an XLS file using IE
A financial website (www.investors.com) is publishing daily an Excel spreadsheet. When I click on the link, Internet Explorer asks me whether I want to save the file or open the file. When I choose "Open" the Excel file shows up nicely in my browser ... the IE menus change to Excel menus. Problem: I can only use the File menu choices; the other menus are LOCKED. Why? I'm using Office XP on Windows 2000 Professional. At work I'm using Office 2002 and things work fine. Is this an Office XP issue, or is ther somewhere a setting that I have to teak? Any help is mu...

How to retrieve number of files
What's the correct way to retrieve the number of jpg files in a directory? Do I have to loop through each file, in order to count them up? >What's the correct way to retrieve the number of jpg files in a directory? >Do I have to loop through each file, in order to count them up? Yes - use FindFirstFile (or CFileFind) to filter on *.jpg and loop/count them. Dave Yes. use ::FindFirstFile/::FindNextFile/::FindClose or use the CFileFind class of MFC. joe On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 01:59:12 -0800, Charles Tam <CharlesTam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What's the ...

Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table?
I'm having issues with sending an email from an outside service to my Exchange server email addresses. When the outside service attempts to send the email it gets the following error returned: Error: 550 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table The outside service believes this is being returned by Exchange. Does this sound familiar to anyone? On Sat, 20 May 2006 06:57:01 -0700, Achilles Heal <AchillesHeal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm having issues with sending an email from an outside service to my >Exchange server email addre...

how to automate exporting excel worksheet to csv file
Looking for a way to create a macro or script to export the contents of an excel spreadsheet ( 6columns) to an ASCII comma separated file. I would like to be able to script this to run weekly. On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 20:23:43 -0500, "Bob" <rpl-erroroneous@goldengate.net> wrote in microsoft.public.excel.misc: >Looking for a way to create a macro or script to export the contents of an >excel >spreadsheet ( 6columns) to an ASCII comma separated file. >I would like to be able to script this to run weekly. With VBA, I would do it this way: someWorkBook.SaveAs Fil...

NDR does not have the recepient's email address
Hello MSFT, We are currently migrating from Lotus notes to Exchnage 2003 SP1. Some migrated users get NDRs when they try to send emails to some users, and these NDRs don't have the recepient's email address, and instead has the recepient's GUID. So the sender doesn't know who didn't get the email. Please see the NDR below -- From: System Administrator Sent: 04 January 2006 13:20 To: /O=TEM/OU=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=9409ea02-aee51458-8025699f-5a6965 Subject: Undeliverable:PS Finance Review - CICG13 Your message did not reach some or all of the ...

How can I copy address book from MSN to MS Outlook?

To be able to have multiple contacts per vendor address
I received a suggestion at convergence to be able to assign multiple contacts to each vendor address ID (cards | purchasing | vendor | address). Then when you are entering purchase orders you should be able to select from a list of contacts in the Purchasing Vendor Detail Entry window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-base...

passing a nodeset into an xslt file.
hi all. i've been trying to pass a nodelist (!=nodeset??) from my c# application to some xsl transform to use. the xsl code is as follows: <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" exclude-result-prefixes="extern msxsl local xql" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" xmlns:local="#local-functions" xmlns:xql="#xql-functions" xmlns:extern="urn:dottraffic:lnk"> <xsl:template match="/"> <span>1 <xsl:variable name="rrr" select="exte...

Re: combine multiple excel file in to one excel file and multiple worksheet
I am wanting to use the following code to combine worksheets from multiple files. However I would like to be able to select folder which contains files in a more automated way that having to change the code every time, and also copy all worksheets with links and formulas removed. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I have limited code knowledge. Option Explicit > Sub Copy_them() > > Dim TargetWkbk As Workbook > Dim mrgWkbk As Workbook > > Dim i As Long > Dim Wks As Worksheet > Dim fName As String > > Application.ScreenUpdating = F...

Compare two files and output results to third
I am trying to read a list of fields from one file, then compare them to a list in a second file. If the field I am comparing is the same, it reads a second field from the second file and then output the contents of the first file and then second field from the second file. For example, first file has three rows: A, B, C, D E, F, G, H Q, R, S, D Second file has two rows: D, 5 H, 1 When I run my script, I should get the following output: A, B, C, D, 5 E, F, G, H, 1 Q, R, S, D, 5 But what I am getting is: A, B, C, D E, F, G, H, 1 Q, R, S, D Here is the...

Outlook Express Address Book won't export
I've inherited an Outlook Express address book containing only one "contact": a list with about 300 email addresses in it, nothing else. I need to export it to a .CSV file, and the export dialogue says the export has been completed, but the file is nowhere to be found. I've tried changing the file to a .txt file before exporting; I've chosen different directories: *no file to be found*. This is driving me nuts. What on earth am I doing wrong or can I try? Thanks, Tom This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for In...

Installation--broken or missing win.ini file
I have a new Dell XPS Studio 13 with Windows 7. I purchased Outlook 2007 separately. It worked fine for a month or so, then for no discernible reason I got a message "can't open Outlook Window." I looked for help online, but couldn't find anything on this for Windows 7. So I uninstalled and tried to re-install. However, during the re-install, I got a message that there is a missing or broken win.ini file, and the installation won't work. Any help appreciated. Please note that I am not a techie, so please keep responses as simple as possible (and ple...

Access 2000 File Format in Access 2003
Dear all, If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ? Thx. Vensia On Wed, 9 May 2007 14:20:23 +0700, "Vensia" <vensia2000_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new >feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ? >Thx. there are many; however, are you deploying to users with Access 2000, or with Access 2003? The default format for your database is (normally) 200...

Outlook is not recognizing a Sent Items Folder
When I try to send messages to people, it never gets sent. Instead it stays in my Outbox. This is because Outlook XP is not recognizing a Sent Items folder or it is not there. Please help me to fix Outlook. Try starting Outlook once with the /resetfolders command line switch. This switch (and a few other really helpful ones) are discussed here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q296192 "Robin Arora" <robinarora@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2e5d01c37514$018d77b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to send messages to people, it never gets > se...

Opening new files
Hello, I am using Excel 2000 (Windows Me). I would like to know how to open a file or worksheet in new window i.e. every file I open must apear in new window. Currently when I open a file it is being opened in the same window. Please help. Thank you. *CPP* ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ While working on a file; if you try to open a new file from excel then it will be opened in the same window. But if you find the file and double click on the file, ...

how do I import my address book from another e-mail account
I have peoplepc as my current isp and want to cancel that account. I need to export my address book to a .csv file in order to import it into my outlook account. How do I do this Once Outlook is set up and running, Import your csv file, within outlook "chivagirl" <chivagirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:920E815F-A2D0-4578-AA74-D2CD6D138E05@microsoft.com... >I have peoplepc as my current isp and want to cancel that account. I need > to export my address book to a .csv file in order to import it into my > outlook account. How do I do this ...

Best way to enter address, body of letter, closing..Macros? Templa
In WP10, (pardon me for saying that out loud here) I was taught to make macros for doctor's addresses, basic body of letter, etc. Easy! How to do it in Word or what is "the way it should be done"? This eliminated a lot of repetitive typing of the same thing. The letters were all different (not a form letter) and the address on each letter was different from the rest (not same letter going to many different addresses). For the life of me, I am lost! Need training fast! Would like to do it the "right" way right from the start! In WP, for inst...

Unable to open file
When attempting to open an Excel 2000 spreadsheet I receive the following error message: "Unable to read file." I am looking for any and all suggestions to try before going to a backup copy of the file. Thank you, -- Where is file located? Floppy, HD, Network? "Matthew" <mkuch3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:52fb01c37d30$267f8760$a501280a@phx.gbl... : When attempting to open an Excel 2000 spreadsheet I : receive the following error message: : "Unable to read file." : I am looking for any and all suggestions to try before : going to a backup cop...

Microsoft 2003 Error Message: cannot read file
I was using Microsoft 99. Recently upgraded to Microsoft 2003. When I try to open money.mny I get the following message: Money cannot locate 'C:\Documents_and_Settings\MyDocuments\Money\Money.m ny' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is being used by another application, close it in the other application and click OK to try again. 1...

How can I link information between 2 Excel files?
In my business- I type many proposals in a day to my customers. I have the proposal form as well as my address book saved as Excel files. Is there a way to link my address book to my proposal so information such as address, phone #, and etc are automatically imput? Easily accomplished. Enter a formula in the desired cells on your proposal that reads like this: ='[AddressBook.xls]Sheet1'!$B$3 Do this for each field and make sure to include the full path name to your address book xls file. (ie: c:\Microsoft\Excel\AddressBook.xls) in the formula. -- Regards... "Sarahbkel...