requesting data from exchange server

I am running Office 2000 on an XPpro machine. Some of my
users still use Office 97, but those on Office 2000 are
not yet on XP OS. None of them have mentioned having this
problem: on a daily basis [now, several times a day] my
Outlook freezes up "requesting data from exchange
server". This is getting terribly annoying. I have posted
this Q on the Exchange message board also, in hopes that
someone has an idea of what is causing the lag. I clean
out the BadMail folder [on the server] often, thinking
that maybe our Symantec AV bogs down the server there.
0
anonymous (74722)

Using data from cells in a Query to a MS Access Database
I need to use a MS Excel 2003 spreadsheet to perform a simple set of calcs. One piece of information I need is stored in an Access Database. If I could have, I would have converted the spreadsheet to an MS Access database and programmed the query to use information from text boxes. However, not all employees in the company have MS Access on their computer. So I need to use an external query in Excel to look at the MS Access Database. I can do that pretty easily. The Query Wizard walks you right through it. However, I need to make it so that the criteria for the query is drawn ...

POP3 server, messages NOT deleted from the server
I use Outlook 2002 with a POP3 server. I choose the option "Leave on the server" with the additional option "Remove when deleted from Deleted items". This doesn't work and none of the messages I receive are deleted from the server and all remain there. When I use other email tools, I don't have this problem. I have also installed service pack 3 and it still continues to have this problem. >-----Original Message----- >I use Outlook 2002 with a POP3 server. I choose the >option "Leave on the server" with the additional >option "Rem...

Spaces in Data
Hi, I am trying to do a mail merge and the excel data that I am using has a bunch of spaces in the field that shows the city. So when I list the City St and Zip the state is about 7 spaces after the city like this. 123 Main Street Anywhere usa 49000 Any ideas? Thanks RRH -- Rhall ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rhall's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390428 I guess the space removal feature made that question fall f...

Inserting Excel Data into Word Columns
Hi, I am fairly new to VBA and Excel/Word and have been trying to automat a sheet we have, I have created the Excel Sheet and unfortunately th Word doc was created sometime ago and cannot be changed. I have searched this forum and found this code: Code ------------------- Sub CreateNewWordDoc() ' to test this code, paste it into an Excel module ' add a reference to the Word-library ' create a new folder named C:\Foldername or edit the filnames in the code Dim wrdApp As Word.Application Dim wrdDoc As Word.Document Dim i As Integer Set wrdApp = CreateObject(&qu...

How to send form data to tables programatically
Is there a way to programatically have a form update to the underlying tables? What I mean is... As a user types into a form, Access doesn't seem to actually send that data to the table (and thereby create autonumbers) until user moves on to another record. Is there a way to force that data to the tables (ie make the new records) while the user is still on the form? On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:33:02 -0800, markmarko <markmarko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to programatically have a form update to the underlying tables? > >What I mean is... As a user ...

column chart changes my data
Hi I have attempted to make a column chart with error bars using 6.3 0.008199 6.8 0.0151625 7.5 0.006469 as my data, BUT when i highlight and insert chart my figures (6.3,6.8,7.5) change to 1,2, and 3. and my other figures change to 1-8 I am trying to show rate of reaction vs pH level can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong as I dont normally have any trouble with these charts.I am using office 2003 -- thanks to all You should be using an XY chart for numerical value, particularly for scientific analyses. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Pelt...

Error when installing sample data in Project Accounting
When I run the macro to load sample data onto my TWO company in project accounting, after a few minutes, when the employee data is getting loaded, I get an error that window is no longer available and the macro stops running. Anyone has any idea how to load the remainder of the sample data and why this error is happening. I tried to load the data again (a fresh database load) but I got the same error again. Hi, add OLEPath=d:\eentrprs\ in your dex.ini file and run the macro again. Regards Ani "AA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6efa01c...

Automatic transfer of data from one worksheet to another
I have two spread sheets, let's call them A and B. A could be considered the master work sheet. It has 15 columns A -O. The B worksheet has 13 columns, all of them which come from A. I have deleted Columns L and N in A when the data is transferred to worksheet B. I would like to know what the process is to set these up so that when I add or delete new information to or from A, it automatically transfers the same information to B, exclusive of columns L and N. Thanks very much Lewis Shaks How about a simple cell linking function? Look at column A in Worksheet B as an example. Lin...

Sorting data in group
Working on a excel sheet maintaining huge data and need to sort it date wise, amount wise (range 1 to 10000, 10001 to 20000). The problem is that we have data set of different clients, this data set of each client spread over 9 columb and 7 rows and i need to sort it in a group. How do i do this? Data set should'nt be destroy? for example Columbs are: Name of Client nature of business funded non funded trade business date of approval limit expiry date fresh/renewal remarks. rows are: DM MMF IERF BD/RISK LINE PAD OTHERS SUBTOTAL See your post in ...

Making Exchange 2003 server a DC/GC server?
Is it now a recommended practice to make a primary corporate Exchange 2003 server an AD domain controller/GC server, so that the Exchange server can do local GC lookups faster (as long as the server has the RAM and horsepower)? Robert: I have never seen a recommendation that this is a good practice. While "best practices" for some things change over time, I think this is still a bad idea (IMHO). In an environment with more than a few hundred users, it is just a bad design. Small organizations can't afford this, of course, but larger ones can and should put their D...

SMTP/FATAL: Server sent a bare LF
Exchange Server 2003 Windows 2003 Server Spam.xxx.org is a Modus Gate spam appliance some users get the following failure error: XXXX@pivot.net on 5/19/2005 8:12 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. < spam.XXXX.org #2.0.0 smtp; 501 MessageWall: SMTP/FATAL: Server sent a bare LF; please see http://cr.yp.to/docs/smtplf.html> -- Brad Spring Harbor Hospital Do you use qmail at all? We use qmail as an SMTP relay an...

Send/Receive isn't transmitting e-mails from pop3 server
As far as I can trace, I downloaded XP SP2 and since then Outlook no longer can receive files from my pop3 server set-up. I removed XP SP2 and I still have the problem. I click on send/receive, it shows everything to work but e-mails are remaining on my internet e-mail server and not being transferred to Outlook. It was all working a few days ago.... Any advice? "Outlook 2000 SR-1 & Windows XP - Send/Receive" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259401c4a996$dc144140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > As far as I can trace, I downloaded XP SP2 and si...

Exchange 5.5 (VPN/External Access)
Hi All, We currently use exchange 5.5 (win2k server) for our postoffice and im currently looking into giving a small amount of users access to their email from home. How secure or what are the best practices in this situation....? OWA pop3 tunneling VPN Custom Recipient (just forward email to their home account) Lets just leave this one out for the moment as i know all about this.... Each of these scare the hell out of me as the client machines will largly be out of my control. I think the VPN option scares me the most as this will give most access, whereas with the other two i'm...

Using ADODB, how do I create a msgbox when duplicate data is enter
Hello, I am having a problem creating a msgbox, when data entered through a form into a table is duplicated. I would like for a msgbox to popup, and warn the user for dupliucate data, before the actual data is entered into the table. I have an index for no duplicate set on a field in a table. How would I go about this? I have seen code for Jet, and have tried to translate it over to ADODB, but with many problems. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks I don't know the code which is causing the problems with Jet but have you tried working with the 'match&#...

Exchange server resending message
I have a SBS2003 server that uses a pop connector to pull over messages from an ISP. The server has been resending an incoming message that has over a thousand recipients! One of my users got an email from a Professional organization he is a member of. Every time he gets a copy of the message, the server starts sending out a flurry of these messages. I spoke to the organization and they informed me that there have been thousands of returned mail. I have checked the server for viruses but have found none. I have up to date versions Symantec Antivirus Server and Exchange Antivirus by Syma...

Upgrade GP 10 and Citrix terminal server
We upgraded SQL Server to Windows Server 2003. Now I read that a Terminal Services Server has to have Windows Server 2003 as well. Is this only if the TS is used as the server? We have GP installed as a client and all the outside users connect to it (Citrix 4.0). If this is so, then I have to delay my upgrade another 2 weeks :( What about client workstations? Can they run Gp 10 if they only have office 2000? I know some new reports go to Excel, and that is probably why it says Office XP, 2003 or 2007 is required. Can anyone please respond ASAP? Our VAR is out of the office today, and I...

12.1.1 connection to update server interrupted (Message)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel The subject message has been repeated every time I have tried to download the update since its release. The server can't still be busy, can it? I've checked my connection settings and everything is fine. This seems to be a different problem than not seeing the Office volume on the hard disk. Any help would be very much appreciated! "znovalis@officeformac.com" wrote: > The subject message has been repeated every time I have tried to download the > update since its release. The server can't st...

Data label alignment
I was trying to include the value of each bar in a bar chart. But the alignment menu for the data label only allows for inside top, middle and end, which overlaps with the bar and make it difficult to read. How do I make these data labels to stay OUTSIDE AND ON TOP of the bar? Thanks Thanks Andy. It was exactly what you described. :) >-----Original Message----- >Sounds like you are using the Stacked column chart, which does not offer >the Outside option because for all but the last series the data label >would appear in the next portion of the stack. > >If your stac...

Exchange 2003 Public Records Requests
Hello all -- I am the Exchange 2003 administrator of a large (500+ users) library. We have a public records requirement that says we have to keep email for a period of three years. However, our top 10 emails users have information stores of anywhere between 1.5G to 2.3 gigs! I would like a way to clean up their deleted items folder of all emails that are older than three years. Is that possible? And if so, then how? thanks, Blake Hi - Check out the functionality of the Mailbox Mananger in combination with recipient policies. You'll probably need to do some reading (the M...

enter data in the same column in multiple sheets
"Sial56" <Sial56@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C54443-F3BC-4665-A1C0-16E45B76AA93@microsoft.com... >Nothing PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject as you cannot POSSIBLY give us all the information you need in such a small space. Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm Select all sheets. Then enter the data. As long as each sheet is IDENTICAL.... ...

Exchange 55 mailbox issue
Hi , We have deleted mailboxes still appearing in the IS database. Some mailbox's still appear in the Mailbox resources under Private Information store of the server object. We have a single exchange 55 server in our site which communicates with our head office running in a different site. What can be done to remove these deleted mailboxes from the IS database. xor Have you done the knowledge consistence check ? If it do not help make a eseutil /d and "isinteg -test alltests - fix -detailed". I had the same problemes with some servers after migration the mailboxes to Ex...

How do I open port 389 (LDAP) on exchange server
I have an application that we want are using to download from LDAP our exchange active directory users. When I scan the exchange server on port 389 the state is closed. How do I change the state to open. Can anyone also brief me on the security risk of opening that port. Thanks in advance. On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:58:02 -0700, Brillmike <brillmike@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have an application that we want are using to download from LDAP our >exchange active directory users. When I scan the exchange server on port 389 >the state is closed. How do I change the state to open. Can...

How do you create a selection box for data entry within excel
I am trying to setup an excel form for data entry and I'd like to have the entry clerk select from a list of items for one of the columns. For example - THe column name is Status - I'd like them to be able to select Single, Married, Divorced, Separate. How can I setup the spreadsheet to accept this type of data entry? 1) First type Single, Married, Divorced, Separate in any range where you entry clerk can not modify it, say M1:M4. 2) Select the Status column 3) Tools > Data > Validation 4) Setting: Allow - "list", Source - "M1:M4", Check "Ignore bl...

LCR question in Exchange 2007
With LCR are all the transaction log files copied from the production storage group to LCR copy? if a transaction log file is created on the production storage group is this log file also copied to the LCR copy? Thanks On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:07:01 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >With LCR are all the transaction log files copied from the production storage >group to LCR copy? if a transaction log file is created on the production >storage group is this log file also copied to the LCR copy? > >Thanks Yes. But remember there can only be one sto...

Access 2007 update queries does not update table in SQL Server 200
We have this application upgraded from Access 2003. This application is front end to SQL Server 2005. When we try to run any action queries, Access will show command executed successfully but it will have no effect on the table in SQL Server. This happen when we use WorkSpace and Begin Transaction. Any updates we do between Begin Trans to Commit trans will have no effect. Please help regards Khuzema UPDATE: We are using ODBC to connect to SQL Server 2005 "Khuzema" wrote: > We have this application upgraded from Access 2003. This application is front > end to SQL Se...