Replying using a template

Is it possible to create a template to use when replying to a message?
 Basically, I want to open a message and reply to it using a standard
reply template that will also contain the original message and the
sender's details.  I know that it is possible to set up a rule to send
an automatic reply but I don't want the message sent automatically as
there will be a number of different replies depending on the content
of the original message and I would need to choose the template to
use.

Does anybody know how to do this?

      Google Home - Advertising Programs - Business Solutions - About Google

0
tonyw (8)

Templates and distribution list membership
For creating user-accounts/mailboxes we use Templates. These are disabled used accounts with no mailbox and some predefined settings like group membership. When creating users we copy from this Template. But when you send mail to a Distribution list, the Template-user is also a member of the list, and Exchange tries to send the mail to this user. But it doesn't have a valid address and mailbox, so an error is returned for that user to one using the Distribution list. This brings up all kinds of questions. What's a good way to avoid this ? How about using this hotfix and crea...

Treasury Direct email and replies
Did any other acount holders get an email from Treasury Direct asking to update your email and home addresses and phone number, and then get a bunch of replies to that email from other recipients? Someone at Treasury Direct claimed it was a server error. Still wondering why "Jane Doe's", "John Smith's" and "Barney Fife's" response to that email was sent to me. Lena The new Treasury Direct? Or the Legacy one? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Lena" <lenagainster@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158608262.972775.214990@k70g2000cwa.googleg...

lotus uses {?} for input, what does excel use (macros)
i can't figure out how to get the macro to stop for the input. what is the designation in the macro to wait for user input? Here are 2 methods Reply = MsgBox(Prompt:="Tell me what to do", Buttons:=vbYesNoCancel, Title:="Give me info") Namestring = InputBox(Prompt:="You name please.", Title:="Enter Name", Default:="Name Please") Mike "jmoore" wrote: > i can't figure out how to get the macro to stop for the input. what is the > designation in the macro to wait for user input? Check out VBA help on InputBox ex...

How to add/remove printers using group policy
I'm the Accidental IT admin for my church. The previous admin used Group Policy to add the wrong printer to all our PCs. The staff would like it removed permanently (it comes back every time they log on). I'm very unfamiliar with the group policy editor. Can any of you give me any tips on how to do this using gpedit? Our system consists of an SBS 2008 server, a Win 2008 server (running SQL), and a mix of Win XP Pro, Vista Pro and Win 7 Pro clients. Things that (I think) that I specifically need to know include: - "gpedit" is the correct command to run? - W...

add personal template to the insert worksheet dialog box
In Excel when you right click on the sheet tab and select 'Insert' the Insert dialog box opens. Clicking the second tab 'SpreadSheet Solutions' offers multiple templates to insert as a new tab. How do I add my own template to this list so that when I follow the steps I am inserting a template I created. Create the template then store it in this folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033 which is the Spreadsheet Solutions folder. Or in General Folder C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates Gord Dibben MS Exc...

Replies not listing under original post
Many replies not listing under original post. Is the problem mine or somewhere else? Chuck -- ...

How can I use SBCYahoo and outlook
How do I use outlook when I have an SBCYahoo DSL email account where I send and get email. How can I use both? "Slava" <Slava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9B8E370-1A54-47D6-AD87-207BA8C87E82@microsoft.com... > How do I use outlook when I have an SBCYahoo DSL email account where I > send > and get email. How can I use both? Call SBCYahoo to ask them what mail hosts to use and how to setup Outlook Express (since that may be the only client they choose to support since obviously they won't have the time or manpower to support every e-mail ...

Using Vista/Win7 common roaming profiles
Our school environment is currently on XP. We find with roaming profiles and multiple users sharing the login (student class logins), you end up with too many corrupt profiles left on machines all around causing all sorts of problems. To get around this, I have a single user profile that accounts only have read only access too when they log on. When they log off no changes they make can be uploaded so no profile can be corrupted. Every time the machine starts up or shuts down it runs a script while deletes local copies of roaming profiles. This has worked an absolute treat...

OOF assist only replies to internal recipients
When the Out-of-Office assistant is enabled only internal users receive an automatic response to emails. External users do not get a response. We are using Outlook 2003 with Small Business Server 2003. Any help would be much appreciated. JoeBudda That is correct behavior for the default (secure) configuration of Exchange. If you want to change this behavior; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/automaticreply.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- &qu...

Menu problem after installing HR
We just installed the HR module. Now when I go to an employee card and click the GO TO button, and select payroll, the BENEFIT and DEDUCTION buttons are both dimmed. These were available before we added HR. Is there some setting that I missed? Found the problem. In user setup, the Use Payroll view was not checked. "Bob Harrison" wrote: > We just installed the HR module. Now when I go to an employee card and click > the GO TO button, and select payroll, the BENEFIT and DEDUCTION buttons are > both dimmed. These were available before we added HR. Is there some setting ...

Microsoft Software used in Alternative Fuel Source
To whom this may concern, I have developed a way to used an "alternative fuel source" that will create jobs nation wide and with a bit of development, can reach out globally. In order for me to disclose more information about the subject I must receive interest and feedback from Microsoft. I have sent similar messages to Spain's Modragon as well as other leading corporations here in the U.S. The first to act will receive my full devotion to the company. If this message does not apply to this department please forward to the correct cite please. Sincerely, Anto...

How do I get my clip art to print in color using Publisher?
How do I get my clip art to print in color using Publisher? I've tried what seems like everything to print the art work in color. And yes, I do have color capability on my printer. On Thu, 11 May 2006 22:43:01 +0100, universe wrote (in article <D0F48D12-24AD-4855-BDFA-066A306768F4@microsoft.com>): > How do I get my clip art to print in color using Publisher? I've tried what > seems like everything to print the art work in color. And yes, I do have > color capability on my printer. This is nothing whatsoever to do with Publisher. This is a printer issue. Mayb...

using money w/ bank of america
i am brand new to using money and i have the 2003 deluxe version. i can go online and sign into bank of america and see all of my accounts that way, but i know that money has a way of synching with bofa. i have two credit cards and two checking accounts and a savings account that i would like to have real time balances and transaction on. could someone please reply with the steps to setting this up. thank you ...

Filtered nodes with template/param, but xsl:number still counts them?

not sure if I'm using the correct formula for the result I want?
I'm trying to calculate a 'low net' score. A persons 'actual score' minus 'their handicap' = 'low net' score. I have this worksheet setup like this; A4:A23 = list of names Columns B-U have the weekly calculated low net scores B4:U23 = the calculated 'low net' scores using this formula =SUM(Scorecard!B4-Scorecard!Y4); (this is for player one) Scorecard!B4 is player one's first week 'actual score', Scorecard!Y4 is player one's calculated 'handicap'. In Row B25:U25 I have this formula {=MIN(IF(B$4:B$23>0,B$4:B$23))}, t...

I am looking for a template to create bank deposit slips.
I am so tired of lilling out bank deepost slips and I am looking for a template to create my own. Thanks. Unless your printer has a magnetic ink cartridge, you will not be able to do this. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "kkmoore" <kkmoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:571C5524-B368-492A-89CD-34CB94E7EF99@microsoft.com... >I am so tired of lilling out bank deepost slips and I am looking for a > template to create my own. > Thanks. > On Jan 7, 10:51...

auto reply
How to I do auto reply to my email, I'm going on vacation Read the post above yours "Jeff Johnson" <jeff@rfrep.com> wrote in message news:01eb01c34d54$7ebd9090$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How to I do auto reply to my email, I'm going on vacation ...

Opening Publisher 98 file using publisher 2000
I have a very important document authored using Pub98. Unfortunately, I have upgraded to Pub2000 and when i try to open the pub98 file i get the error message "cannot open file from a different version " Surely there must be a way to open the file with Pub 2000. A very important contract hangs in the balance - Any help would be greatly appreceiated. Thanks Grant By rights you should be able to open the file. If you have Norton: How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us If the file still will not open, sen...

Help, I moved mailboxes and now can open boxes using "Service account admin" rights
Hey everyone, We are running a Windows 2003 domain and Exchange 2003 sp1 on Win2k3 in a cluster. We had ONE storage group and 4 DBs. I have a AD group that has Exchange "Service account admin" rights and people in that group could open ANY mailbox. I am in that group too. Over the weekend we created a NEW storage group in Exchange and MOVED tow DBs from SG1 to SG2 (the new SG). Now I can't open anyone's mailbox that is in the new SG. The users are working fine. They can connect to their mailboxes using Outlook 2003 just fine. However, I am troubleshooting a Bl...

Mail Merge with Template Letter
Hi. I'm trying to set up Mail Merge in MS CRM 3.0 for some Contact records and want to use the contact's Nickname when one exists. When I create a blank letter or try to edit an existing letter template, the Nickname field doesn't seem to be available. I know that custom fields aren't available, but where are the other out-of-the-box fields besides the first, middle, and last name and address fields? Am I missing something? Is it really this limited? Hi, Out of the box email merging is limited. Couple of ways get around it: 1. Connect Excel to the Filteredcontacts...

Project Return should allow for use of originating currency
Transactions | Project | Returns from Project Entry should allow for use of an originating currency in multicurrency environments, rather than assuming the functional currency for all transactions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.c...

Import CSV files using Macro
i have 41 csv files that i need to import into 41 sheets in Excel. the name of the csv files and the sheet names are the same minus the extension (.csv). The sheets will be existing sheets with headers. Please Help the Novice thanks M3ntz Well, one way would be to use the Data->Import External Data->New Database Query and select CSV files as the source database. Drawback: it's completey manual & you'll have to go through it 41 times Another way is to choose File->Open, select all 41 CSV files, and let Excel open them. Each will open in its own workbook. You ...

Search using multiple fields
Hi Is it possible to search by multiple fields, for example: telephone = '123' or telepone2 = '123' Any suggestions TIA Miria >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Is it possible to search by multiple fields, for example: telephone = '123' or telepone2 = '123' ? >Any suggestions? > >TIA, >Miriam > >. Miriam, the "normal" search fields don't give you this opportunity. But you can use the advanced search option. Tools/Advanced search Searching on two different objects isn't possible. Steffen Klipfel If you ...

Linest Poly Array using data horizontally
All of our metrics store data horizontally, meaning Months (x) are stored by column and data series (y) are stored in rows below the months... Mo: 1 -- 2 -- 3--4 -- 5 Data 31 -- 33 -- 36 -- 38 -- 39 When I apply any Order Poly Linest() array on the data set, I get errors. Tranpose the data vertically and the Linest() array works. Any advice? I expect you had something like =LINEST(B3:K3,B2:K2^{1,2}) but the comma between 1 and 2 is appropriate for vertical (columnar) data. For horizontal data (data in rows) you need a semicolon (I hope you are using an English version of XL!!) as in =...

Scrolling Left to Right in Excel using mouse scroll.
This is the first time I've seen this, a user has a worksheet that scrolls left to right when using the mouse scroll. Every other sheet moves up and down like I've always seen. Anyway any help would be appreciated, sorry for the dumb question. ...