reply to a message in OWA

We are using Outlook 2k in a exchange client set up
running on a Outlook 2k server. I have one user that when
he replys to eamils sometimes the text is there from the
origanl message other times he says it get cut off, and he
has to copy and paste the text back in his reply. Does
anyone know why this might be happeninig. When he is in
the office and had his laptop docked, we checked the
setting to make sure the text is in the reply. Does OWA
cut off the text if the email gets to long form going back
and forth??? Any help would be great.....
TIA
Brian
0
anonymous (74722)

Exchange 2007 OWA and OAB
Hello Mate Running Exchange 2007, and i notice that OWA is capable of the Autocomplete when typing in an email adress. (very cool) Is OWA puling down the OAB from the exchange server to do this? and if so is it getting this info from the /OAB virtual dir in IIS? Thanks. Also if all my clients are running Outlook 2007 and the server is exchange 2007, am i still effected by the DST issue? No, OWA is reading from the active directory. Only Outlook clients download the OAB files from the public folder store and or web distribution point. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" wi...

Customize Mailbox limit message in exchange 2000 #2
Can anyone tell how to change the message that is sent out when a user reaches their mailbox limit in exhcange 2000. ...

Message reflection ...
Hi, I overrided the CButton class to catch the =BN_CLIKED notification from a radio button. I also want to catch the notification in the parent window. How can I "re-post" the notification "reflected" in my overrided class to the parent window that holds the radio button. Thanks, Hugo This feature is not very well documented in the microsoft help files. You have to do two things first change the message map in your CButton class from a ON_CONTROL_REFLECT(BN_CLICKED,OnBnClicked) to a ON_CONTROL_REFLECT_EX(BN_CLICKED,OnBnClicked) by doing this you will have to ch...

newbie to outlook news reader looking for how to manage messages #2
hi, i need to use outlook on xp at work. i am used to gravity as a newsreader. so i'm wondering what the paradigm is for dealing with many newsgroups. i want to watch many threads. but on high traffic groups, they get lost in the read messages and will eventually become unavailable. how can you delete massive number of read messages? (i am afraid they are being copied over the net to the Profile directory. does one watch for a while and then copy the thread to a local directory? if so, does the thread still say watched? any pointers will be appreciated. thanks Ray Tayek <rtayek....

Address Book / Contacts don't appear in email message
I'm sure this question has be posted 10000's of times but i can't seem to locate it. I have just reinstalled windows XP Pro, outlook 2003. I have my email back up all my contacts and calendar info in order. But when i attempt to create a new email message my address book doesn't pop up to list the address's in the "TO" field so there's no way to check them. Thanks in advance for any info. -Matt nutshell222@hotmail.com If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings: Make su...

Followup Flag on messages
I am marking certain emails received for followup within next few days. Is it possible to get reminder or alert popup out of such flagging on messages ? pl elaborate Thks Shanks yes, if you set a reminder on them. Note that reminders only fire in the default folders - you'll need to use a 3rd party program from www.slovaktech.com -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

To Do Bar Error Messages
When I open Outlook I get two "error messages". One says "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear." The second appears in the To Do bar where my tasks should be. The field is blank except for "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I have run diagnostics and tried doing a repair from the install disk. Any other ideas? First start Outlook with the cleanreminders switch; Start-> Run; outlook.exe /cleanreminders (note the space in the command) This should take care of the remind...

Error Messages #8
Upon sending mail, I occasionally get the error code 0X800CCC0F. After a few attempts the e-mail will be sent. I am also unable to send more than e-mails to more than 5 people at any one time. For those that it doesn't send to I get the error message 'Too Many Recipients'. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated. Andy Porter <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am also unable to send more than e-mails to more than 5 > people at any one time. For those that it doesn't send > to I get the error message 'Too Many Recipients'. ...

message reply feature
is there a feature to turn on that will indicate which messages I've replied to? AT my old job, OUtlook would show an arrow next to the envelope to indicate a message has been replied to. ...

OWA Attachment Viewing
I have a question regarding OWA. When my users double click on an attachment, it opens up another IE window and requires them to log in again. Is this something I have set wrong in Exchange, or is this normal behavior? Thanks, Jeff Are you logging in domain\username or just username? James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com Jeff Grossman wrote: > I have a question regarding OWA. When my users double click on an > attachment, it opens up another IE window and requires them to log in > again. Is this something I have set wrong in Exchange, or is this >...

Extract Data Validation Input Messages and Titles
I have an Excel spreadsheet with approximately 40 different data validation input messages and titles. The spreadsheet isn't mine, but I need to get the input messages and titles out of it to put into another spreadsheet. I know that I can cut and paste each one, but this is painful, given that it is going to change, possibly often. Can someone point at how to automate extracting the validation input messages and titles. Thanks. The following code will insert a new sheet, and list the data validation messages there: '================================ Sub GetDVNotes() Dim ...

Exporting messages from Outlook Express
Hi. I have to reformat my hard drive and I want to back up and later retrieve my Outlook Express message folders (I have figured out how to save my address book to the desktop with no problem). In the program I clicked "File...Export...Messages". Then I chose to export all folders. The problem is that I do not know where the backed up folders are now located. I would like to save them to a CD so that I can retrieve them and insert them back into Outlook Express once the hard drive is reformatted, but I do not know the location of the file/folder name to copy and save t...

Blank Report Message
I am working with Access 2002 trying to add code to a report when it opens to tell the user when there aren't any records to display. It works fine on a regular report, but I have a report that starts out blank, no query and no fields, but has two subs on it. I needed to do this because of calculations done in the footer on different fields. I have added the following code to the button that opens the report, rptQuestionsOneAndFive. Private Sub Command30_Click() On Error GoTo ErrorOpen DoCmd.OpenReport "rptCalendar", acViewPreview ExitOpen: Exit Sub Error...

OWA on E2k3 signature too big?!
I have signature that OWA is saying that is too long. It's not a legal disclaimber, but it a total of 270 characters including spaces. Can I make a change so that OWA will accept a signature this long? Brad Palmer "Brad Palmer" <brad_palmer2@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have signature that OWA is saying that is too long. It's not a > legal disclaimber, but it a total of 270 characters including spaces. > Can I make a change so that OWA will accept a signature this long? IIRC, you can change that value with this tool: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/de...

OWA using a new Web Site
I have recently Installed SBS 2000, by default OWA is operational from the default web site. I have created several new sites in IIS and created the necessary virtual directories to gain access to the exchange mail server. However when I try to go in via a web browser I get the folder/file listing view in IE rather than the templates. All of the settings between the default virtual folders and the domain I wish to use are the same and I am stumped. I can still access the template from the server by going to the address http://localhost/Exchange at the server Any assistance would be apprec...

changing the message list in outlook 2003
i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the message look in outlook, it separates the messages by date. is there any way to turn this off, so i just have a long list of messages? Right click on the header in the message list, uncheck "show in groups." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lee Benningfield asked: | i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the mess...

SSL OWA Front end server and back end server
Hello, i have two exchange servers and i configured one to be a front end server. i created a SSL Certificate on the front end server but i cannot access any of the mailboxes. i created a certificate on the backend server and i could https into the backend just fine. all my mail boxes are on the backend server. Any ideas on what i can do?? Thanks Does it work without SSL? Try to get OWA working without SSL first. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Chris" <crockett@accuwareinc.com> wrote in message news:OEBb...

error message when opening outlook
when I open out look I get an error messsage that says >error message 0x8E54010f .DLL not found PSTPRX.DLL and I >can't do anything with outlook. How can I resolve this >problem ...

Error message 0x8004210A #3
I haven't been able to send/receive email for about one week. I run McAfee Anti-virus and stopping email scan doesn't stop message. Can anyone help? Hi CMarx. please read this here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;827349 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "CMarx" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2f11401c46cee$c42594b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I haven't been able to send/receive email for about ...

Can a front end server (OWA) also accept all mail for an organization
Hi, I was wondering if an Exchange front end server (OWA) could also act as the main server to receive mail before sending it on to an Exchange Cluster Server? Thanks, Dan Yes. You have to have the Information Store service started for this IIRC, but it can act as an SMTP Gateway. You would just point the mapping for port 25 on your firewall to the FE server. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Dan" <dfulmek@accuwareinc.com> wrote in message news:exxQ$aCqFHA.2652@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I was wondering if an Exchange front end server (OW...

OWA cant send emails, error with SMTP Virtual Server
i have a server setup at home that is connected to a ISP that does not allow SMTP from another domain. I created a a new connector to send emails using the ISP smtp server. Exchange System Manager failed to retrieve queues for the SMTP Virtual Server (error code = 0x800706BE). Check the event log and verify that the required services are running. i cannot send or receive emails using OWA ...

Free/Busy data setting in OWA
We implemented Exchange 2003 and pushed a client setting to all users to extend the number of months available in free/busy to 12 months with a group policy. It works fine if everyone is using the outlook client when they are in the office. But, if a user works at home one day or goes to a conference and does anything that updates the free/busy data, the OWA overwrites the users free/busy data setting it back to 2 months of free/busy available. Where can I set the free/busy data number of months available, in OWA? Is it a policy setting? On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:54:01 -0800, SKS <sks...

Strange message tracking and NDR
Can anyone explain this tracking log? 19/10/2006 13:00 SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing 19/10/2006 13:00 SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue 19/10/2006 13:00 SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer 19/10/2006 13:00 SMTP: Message Categorized and Queued For Routing 19/10/2006 13:00 SMTP: Message Queued For Local Delivery 19/10/2006 13:00 SMTP: Message Delivered Locally to user@parkwaycc.co.uk 19/10/2006 13:00 SMTP: Non-Delivered Report (NDR) Generated The NDR was also unhelpful; the error code appears to be 5.2.1 but the message was only 32K. On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:0...

Configure a delay in Outbound Messages
Hi I have a customer who is wanting to configure a delay in outbound delivery of mail. For example they are wanting to send outbound when the Q length is say 10 or 20 messages or perhaps to send on a 15 minute schedule. The reason for doing this is so that there is a time window where a message can be stopped from being sent if it should not have been sent. Is this easy to do or is it rather complicated with good reasons why you'd never want to do it? TIA KIWI On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:55:56 -0800, "KIWI" <john_hastie@nospanhotmail.com> wrote: >Hi > >I ha...

Out of office Reply #4
Hi, I have a client with Outlook 2003 and 2003 SBS Server. OOO replys etiher do not work or they come through a few hours later. I have checked global settings in system manager to make sure OOO replys are enabaled. Any ideas? Thanks very much. Come through where? The setting you reference applies only to replies going to correspondents outside Exchange. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "TimR" <TimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:200976E7-264B-4DC7-8FA8-2CD5F7A30B10@microsoft.com... > Hi...