Reply Message Has Paperclip But I Sent No Attachment

Today I sent an e-mail to Couric and Co.  I received a response very
quickly, which surpised me as I had e-mailed beffore and never heard.
So I responded back and thanked them for prompt response and commented
aboutt alack of response earlier.  Responder said that my e-mails come
in with a paperclip and they normally delete those automatically, but
he was bored today.  Can't blame them for that.  I sorted my inbox
(Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server) by clicking on  the paperclip.  I
found his reply and one other e-mail showing a paperclip. No
attachments though on either.
Is this something weird with Exchange or do I have a secret rider
somewhere?

0
pjam (4)

Messages arrive the next day
One of my users is receiving its messages a day late, not all of them, all that late email comes fro an outside email providers. Why si this happening Thanks If the others on the server are getting their mail in acceptable time, then get back to the mail provider in question to see what the problem is... -- Regards, Hank Arnold "dj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C627735-DF1A-4E6C-A182-8447829C0562@microsoft.com... > One of my users is receiving its messages a day late, not all of them, all that late email comes from > an outside email ...

Cannot send message to address not in contact list
I using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP Pro. I have tried to reply to an email address that is not in my contact list which was generated by ACT. I have turned off name check and autocomplete but whenever I try to send a message that is not listed I get a name check message that Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize the name and I can't seem to send the message. I even added the address as an Outlook contact but it, too, does not seem to be recognized. Any hints as to why I am at a dead end. Thanks in advance This problem has been solved. Stupid mistake on my part. No need to rep...

Camera Photo Attachment
In Outlook 2002 when I receive an e-mail with a jpg camera photo attached the attachement does not appear on the incomming e-mail. The size of the e-mail file in the inbox view indicates the KB are there but there is no photo. If I forward the e-mail, the photo file is listed in the Attachment box and by double clicking on the photo file the picture appears. How can I get the photo attachment to appear on the incomming e-mail? The photo extension is not one that is blocked by Level 1 security of Outlook. ...

Pasting Metafiles from Excel into Outlook HTML Messages
I have just noticed that if I copy from EXCEL to an OUTLOOK message the graphic is distorted. Specifically, I copy a range of cells in EXCEL and then PASTE SPECIAL into an OUTLOOK HTML message. I tried Windows Metafile and Enhanced Metafile; in both the text is severely distorted when the recipient opens the message. Bitmap seems to work, but doesn’t always paste the graphic in the manner I want to display. Suggestions? Martin, I started having this problem recently and cannot find a resolution. I was successful in duplicating the issue on other computers but some comput...

Programatically creating e-mail with attachment
Does anyone have some sample code for creating an e-mail with an attachment using the SDK? I know that the CRMActivityAttachment seems to allow this but the example shown wasn't exactly clear to me. I have a WinForms application which performs a mail merge and I need to attach the completed document to a CRM e-mail. Thanks in advance. Shannon ...

Messages Not Saved to Drafts Folder (but to INBOX folder) #2
The "solution" (XCLN: Messages Not Saved to Drafts Folder" (MS Knowledge Base 247813)) merely states that MS Outlook's default is to save messages every 3 minutes to the Drafts folder! As the subject heading of this MS KB 247813 states, however, the problem is that messages ARE NOT being saved to the Drafts folder! The "solution" to my reading seemingly ignores this and offers no "way around" or correction of the problem. This sort of response in MS "Help" is so frustrating. It seems so patently obvious that the "solution" ...

Messages to Hotmail sit in queue (retry)
*** Running Exch2k3 SP1 on Win2k3 Server with Symantec Mail Security for Exchange *** I consistently get emails directed to hotmail sit in queue in retry status. I frequently force the connection and a couple of msgs may go thru, but most remain in queue as the status goes from active right back to retry. I've downloaded and ran the smtpdiagtool and found that I get intermittent failures to connect to hotmail servers with an [error code 10060 - failed to submit mail to mx1 or 2 or 3 or 4.hotmail.com]. Other times it would go through, but the failures are intermittent for every mx...

Wrong Message Count in Public Folders
Hi, I am running an Outlook 2002 client that when I view some of my public folders (not all), I see that there are, for example, 20 messages in total - say 18 read, 2 unread. The pane at the bottom of my client comes up with alsorts of numbers of read and unread - but not what it should be? Exchange Server 2000 - latest Security Roll-up installed. Any help appreciated Cheers Chris. ...

>1000 Messages deleted from sent folder (PST File)
Hello everybody, I have had more than 1000 messages deleted from the sent folder of my default PST file. Just discovered that and did not understand how it happened. I checked the "deleted item recovery" tool of Outlook without any result. I am using Outlook 2000 connected to Exchange 2000 mailbox under Windows 2000 SP4. Please help. Thanks in advance. Karim AutoArchive perhaps?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administ...

How do I open attached jpgs
Out of the blue, Outlook 2007 won't let me open attached jpg files, whereas it has previously. I have auto updates installed. OS is Vista Home Premium. When I try to open an attached jpg file, the message I now get is: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Morton See the following http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Mor...

windows mail...error message and I can't send mail.
I get the same error message, but not all the time. Randomly I will not be able to read or send mail. I copied but there is no provision to past it here...so annoying. Unknown error...server, etc... Same error message as what? If you can type in a window, you can paste text into it. Are you trying to paste an image? That won't work. Next time you get a Windows Mail error message, right-click on that error message, click Copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't=20 do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MV...

Out of Office Reply #15
I have been trying to enable the out of office reply for months! The help function tells me to open the tools drop down menu and click out of office assistant. The only problem is when I open the drop down, there is no out of office option. it's only available if you are using exchange server. is that the case? otherwise just leave you pc turned on, and dialled up and set a rule to reply. N "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d2901c3d546$9dc86990$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have been trying to enable the out of office reply for > mon...

Mail Group unable to Reply to All
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have created a Mail group. There are 21 email addresses in this group. When I select the mail group it will send the message out to all 21 addresses, however, when I request the recipients to REPLY TO ALL, it only comes back to me. <br><br>Have I set up the mail group incorrectly? Do I have to have the mail group automatically list each individual email address in the &quot;to&quot; line? No recipient can view another recipients' answer to my email....only me. <br&g...

Copies of sent mail go to my Sent Items folder instead of other mailbox Sent folder.
Experts, I have two Exchange 2000 mailboxes, of which I use the Outlook client to access. In this other mailbox, from which I occasionally send email, I noticed copies of sent mail go to my own mailbox Sent Items folder instead of the other mailboxes Sent Items folder. Is this a feature that can be changed? -- Regards, Spin ...

Moving sent mail with a rule.
Hi, I have a rule in Outlook 2003 that moves all sent mail to a folder that is sent via a spesific account. the problem is that it marks it as "not read". Is there a way to change this? G. George Lake <gdlake@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a rule in Outlook 2003 that moves all sent mail to a folder > that is sent via a spesific account. the problem is that it marks it > as "not read". Is there a way to change this? Afraid not. -- Brian Tillman ...

Can faxs be sent to the user inbox while using POP3 connnector.
Can faxs be sent to the user inbox while using POP3 connnector instead of the full-blown exchange. Thanks On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:52:00 -0500, "john doe" <johndoe@johndoe.com> wrote: >Can faxs be sent to the user inbox while using POP3 connnector instead of >the full-blown exchange. > >Thanks > If the fax arrives as a message like an email, sure. Hi, In Outlook 2003, if a contact has a business fax, an entry will appear in the address book as email type FAX. Choosing this address and sending an email will be routed to our fax server. However, in OW...

I upgraded to Outlook Express 6.0, but apparently lost my inbox and sent items f
I upgraded to Outlook Express 6.0, but apparently lost my inbox and sent items folders. How can I retreive them from my hard drive? If they are .pst files how can I open them or access them? I'd like to return them to my Outlook Express inbox and sent folders that only date back to the date of the upgrade. How can I accomplish this? Thanks, Scott ...

Attachment download aborts !!
We cannot download large attachments (3-7 MB) in Outlook 2002. After about one minute the connection aborts with the error message "Connection to the server could not be established. XXX account is now in offline mode." Help for this message says to increase the timeout period, but also notes that the user cannot change the timeout for HTTP accounts, like the MSN Premium accounts we are using. We have also disabled our e-mail antivirus program to be sure it was not the culprit and it apparently is not the problem. Have had a few suggestions, but are still looking for answe...

OE removed accessto "unsafe" attachments
Outlook Express 6 has removed access to unsafe email attachments. I have been receiving this type of attachment regularly for the last ten years. It is not unsafe. How can I disable this horrible feature. I need those attachments. FRred Beever Click tools, options, security, and uncheck the 4th line down... "do not allow....." "Beever" <beevernospam@sierranet.net> wrote in message news:03c401c34b0f$5e77ad80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook Express 6 has removed access to unsafe email > attachments. > > I have been receiving this type of attachment ...

Outlook attachments #27
Does anyone know how to get Outlook 2002 to consistently place attachments into the attachments box at the top of the message, and not in the body of the text, as happens intermittantly, and for no know reason? Thanks 1. Plain Text = attachment in the message header. 2. Outlook Rich Text Format = attachment in message body where the insertion point is. 3. HTML - window at bottom of message. If Outlook 2003, you may reverse numbers 1 & 3. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) vir...

Message queue data file error ID 4083
Unable to delivered outbound message. Please Help me. ...

XP shuts down when OE email sent
80% of the time I click "send" on Outlook Express 6.0 it completely shuts down my system. (Just like a complete Restart). I shut down the AVG outgoing email scan. No luck. It also has happened a couple of times in Excel when I went to open a file. There is some kind of major conflict. Thanks for your help This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express n...

Downloading Multiple Copies of Messages from Server
I just got a new computer and upgraded to Outlook 2003, and I check email from 3 different accounts (all POP3). I have it set to leave copies of the message on the server, but every time I check for new mail, each message gets downloaded again. I've never had this problem before. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated. Are you using dialup or broadband? If outlook gets disconnected before sending the final commands, it doesn't know it already downloaded the messages and redownloads them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours ...

can you change the time that a message is in the queue?
can you change the time that a message is in the queue? exchange 2003 Sure, you can configure the retry intervals, as well as delay notification (12 hours by default). The expiration timeout (2 days by default) determines when a message is expired and a NDR sent to the sender. SMTP virtual server properties | Delivery tab. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Miguel" <miguel.romero78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23jmLTE48GHA.568@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >...

Outbound mail message size management
Hi all, The scenario is I have to restrict outbound mail to 2MB but also have the exclusion group to management and sales force. I take the simplest approch is Global setting -> message limit -> defaults -> sending message size: 2048 KB. I setup couple of individual email box with 5 MB; however the individual mailbox did not overwrite default size (test case fail). Neverthless, if I setup individual email box (5MB) and setup global setting (2MB) later then client is able to send out 5 MB email. What is the logic behind it? I thought indivdual mail box setting will overwrite...