Reply/forward in HTML #2

Using Office 2003 is there a way to automatically forward or reply in
HTML? I have an autosignature with links to our company website, etc
and unless it's in html it's just so much text. I know I can manually
change replies/ forward to html but is there a way to set O2003 to do
so automatically? Steve Ignots

0
signots1 (9)

signots@aol.com <signots@aol.com> wrote:

> Using Office 2003 is there a way to automatically forward or reply in
> HTML? I have an autosignature with links to our company website, etc
> and unless it's in html it's just so much text. I know I can manually
> change replies/ forward to html but is there a way to set O2003 to do
> so automatically?

Outlook automatically uses the format of the original message when replyuing
or forwarding.  You can't change that.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
8/31/2005 8:42:57 PM

"signots@aol.com" wrote:

> Using Office 2003 is there a way to automatically forward or reply in
> HTML? I have an autosignature with links to our company website, etc
> and unless it's in html it's just so much text. I know I can manually
> change replies/ forward to html but is there a way to set O2003 to do
> so automatically? Steve Ignots

I just figured out how to do the opposite, so I might have a solution for you.
Outlook users sending RTF or HTML messages to users with an email reader
that could only read plain text would turn up blank or full of html tags.
This is what I did:

I set the following options:
Tools->Options->Email Options(within the preferences tab)
I checked the 2 boxes: "Read all standard mail in plain text"
                                    "Read all digitally signed mail in plain
text"
Then, under Mail Format tab,
I chose "Compose in this message format":
Internet Format: "Plain text"

then, I clicked on "Internet Format"
a new window came up and under the "Outlook RT Options"
"When sending Outlook rich text messages..."
I chose the option "Convert to plain text"

If you make your settings so they are not in plain text and put them in RTF
or html, it might solve your problem.

By the way, I am using an IMAP connection to the mail server. I believe
these settings can be made on the exchange mail server.
Good luck.
Irene

0
Irene (27)

HTML in a message
Hey all, I am using Outlook 2002 and have set up an HTML signature file. To avoid the BS HTML which MS insist on bloating all files with, I have manually creating and placed the file in the signature directory. When I insert the signature, it doesn't appear correctly BUT......if I drag the file to the address bar it does! Also, after dragging it to the address bar, I can do Insert, Signature and the new signature appears fine! What is the difference between these two messages? TIA The Morbid One ...

Advance Security #2
I'm using GP 7.0 on a Citrix Server When I try to user Advance Security it's telling me that some one else is using it and no one is using Advance Security. How can I fix this problem? Also at times while using Advance Security I will get log out of GP. Do anyone know why this happens? Thanks, Try this: Great Plains/Great Plains Standard on Microsoft SQL Server/MSDE 1. Make a backup of the DYNAMICS database. 2. Execute the following script in Query Analyzer or the Support Administrator Console: Delete DYNAMICS..SY00801 "KBrown" wrote: > I'm using GP ...

How do I get rid of header/footer on page 2 of document?
the help menu says to click on header/footer, then toggle to new, then highlight text you want to get rid of, then hit delete key. I did that but all the header/footers throughout the document got deleted. How do I get to keep only the header/footer on page 1? TIA Fay Please see reply to your previous duplicate question. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Fay Zeller" <fayzee@optonline.net> wrote in message news:4b16f1f1$0$31281$607ed4bc@cv.net... > the help menu says to click...

Email forwarding routed to wrong mailbox
I have configured MS Exchange Server 2003 to route emails to individual mailboxes. We have just started forwarding emails from a new domain to our existing domain, these emails are all arriving in my mailbox rather than being routed to the correct mailboxes. Can anyone help? Is this SBS? Do you have the POP3 connector configured? Do you have journaling configured to route to your mailbox? Is your ISP sending the messages to your mailbox? What do the message tracking logs show? What do the SMTP protocol logs show? "Roger Morbey" <RogerMorbey@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Badmail folder #2
Please can somebody tell me how to read the bounced email in the badmail folder, I have tried associating them with outlook and they mail messages are just empty, I have even tried renaming to .eml. There are three different extension, which one should I be looking at for email incomming to a bad address, thank you You should be able to open these files in Notepad and check the email header Regards. Philip wrote: > Please can somebody tell me how to read the bounced email > in the badmail folder, I have tried associating them with > outlook and they mail messages are just e...

Outlook 2003
Here's the problem: Every tiem I open Outlook it displays an error message that my Exchange server is unavailable. What I know: I know the Exchange server is up & running without any problems. The desktop computer is on the network and can browse and ping different devices. DNS is resolving names properly. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? ...

how I can sum or subtract 2 or 3 field in access in any record
hi I want know that why there is NOT any relationship between access and excel and how I can sum and subtract 2 or 3 filds in access in any record thanks hadi_khodaparast@yahoo.com Hello Hadi - I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but Excel is *not* a 'front end' for an Access database. You can use Excel to query the db & copy Access data into a workbook in several ways. That copy of the data can be used for calculations, but the data *doesn't* get changed in the Access file. Although the modified results can be imported to Access it may very well be t...

2 questions regarding count formula
If I have the following data A B C 1 Personnel group type p't number 2 Melinda 1 4 3 Sean 1 5 4 Melinda 1 6 5 Sean 2 30 6 Fay 3 8 7 Melinda 1 32 1. How shall I contruct my formula to count the number of data that satisfy the following criteria: 1. personnel is Melinda 2. group type is 1 3. ...

comparing componants of tables #2
I cannot easily compare data elements of comparative data. Here's what I mean, john smith bill jones mary Dee observation 1 observation 2 observation 1 observation 2 observation 1 observation 2 weight 160 155 128 119 120 129 belt size 40 38 29 28 25 26 shoe size 12 11 8 9 8 9 But, I ha...

My (final) 2 cents on continuous form design
Some days ago I started a thread on this forum regarding the design of a continuous form to be used to show all of the records filled in a table and giving the possibility to the user to select each row and perform action on the record (mine is retrieving all of the information from the record and use them to fill another form where the data can be edited). This can be easily accomplished through regular continuous form but I stated few requirements: a) the form should be unbound and the data should be not editable; b) I hate having that crappy effect of all the text selected whe...

Operation Failed! #2
Hello, Using Outlook 2002 and when attempting to Send/Receive mail I get an immediate error message saying "Operation Failed!" There's no attempt by the program, no timing out - the error msg. pops up immediately. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mail account to no avail. I'm stumped! Please help... Thanks in advance! -Lee Create a completely new profile to see if that solves the issue and also suggest running a Detect and Repair on the program. If neither issues work create a new .ost file by doing a search and renaming it to .ost1 or something to ...

Outlook 2003 very slow #2
Several people in my office including myself have upgraded to Office 2003 over the last several weeks. Many of us have begun experiencing performance problems. For example, I will click on another message in order to view it in the task pane, and then Outlook will sit there for ages before it gets displayed. The larger the message (including attachments), the worse the problem. However, even a message that is small with only a 100KB attachment seems to take 20-30 seconds to respond... this was never the case before. Also deleting a message takes ages. I checked the Exchange 2000 SP3 server th...

Comparing 2 Lists
Lets say that I have a Sales Forecast list with Customer Name and Sale Status columns. The number of registries in this list changes every da (some new sales opportunities are created and some are deleted). Questions are: 1) How can I create a report to compare two days in order to know whic registries have been added and/or deleted? 2) If I want to know if a Sales Status have changed from one day t another, what is the best way to do it? Tks!! -- inomat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- inomata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Business Portal 2.5 #3
Receive error: The Business Portal data in the database you selected is not compatible with this version of the Business Portal. You must select a different database before continuing Hi What version of Great Plains are you using? -- Regards James[MVP] Visit MBS Blog Central http://mbscentral.blogs.com "thebigo9" <thebigo9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:491CA957-2C6C-4440-BFD6-CACE94C06584@microsoft.com... > Receive error: The Business Portal data in the database you selected is > not > compatible with this version of the Business Portal. Yo...

Creating users with ADC / Exchange 5.5 #2
I installed the ADC on my DC and created all connection agreements. Now I can go into ADUC and create new users, but I don't see a mailbox being created for a user. Should that happen? If so, how long should it take? I tried sending an email to the user I created and the mailbox isn't found. Also, there are no Exchange tabs for the users name. ...

Archive file size #2
Yesterday, I decided to split my archive file that is around 1.2gb size. So I created a new archive file (old archive.pst), and archived archive.pst to that. It all seemed to work, but the size of the original file is to all intents and purposes the same! How can that be? I thought archiving MOVED the files rather than copying them. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to reduce the size of my original archive file? Many thanks rdc You need to compact the PST file after removing items out of it. This is done by right clicking on the top folder ("personal folders&q...

reply indicators
I am running Outlook 2003. I have my hotmail account linked to my outlook. In doing so, it creates a totally seperate folder hierarchy (including: inbox, sent items, etc...) in addition to the main inbox, sent items. When I get an email into my hotmail account and I reply to the message outlook will send the email to my sent folder in both my hotmail account and in the main account. However, there is no purple arrow, or blue arrow for forward, etc. that indicates what I have done with the email. When I reply or forward an email out of the main sent bin then the indicators work. Can someo...

Purchase Order Approvals #2
If you access an Approved Purchase Order and change ANYTHING in the window, such as the Comments, the status of the Purchase Order switches back to Unapproved. Only changes affecting the document Total should switch the status back to Unapproved. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

Excel spread sheet #2
Every time I open ANY excel document on this CP it displays each individual cell as a page.......how do I change this setting? Moving each page break takes too long abd does not alway work. Hi try this macro to remove them all at once: Sub remove_them() ActiveSheet.ResetAllPageBreaks End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "dlam25mmm" <dlam25mmm@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:94BDFE5F-6CB2-4717-BE90-14A4245E0023@microsoft.com... > Every time I open ANY excel document on this CP it displays each individual > cell as a page.......how d...

Adding Lines Onto Charts #2
Hi, Thanks for the reply, Unfortunatley, this technique wont work with the way I have the graph laid out. It wipes out the layout of the bottom axis. Does anyone have any other idea's please? Thanks in advance Darrell... -- q582gmzh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- q582gmzhi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1136 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26950 Hi, You can use an additional data series with error bars to draw the dividers. Using you example workbook put t...

1 drive with 2 device IDs causing corruption
I have a drive which has been Z: for eons and has recently had G: assigned as well. I reformatted the drive, added as Z: again and still G: is defined. I'm getting corruption on indices (even though indexing is turned off for the drive as Z:). Ping ponging between chkdsk /f for the two IDs settles down to no errors but then a reboot and it's back... XP Pro, SP3, what else would help the experts? Did you remove G and Z and then reset as Z again.? Neil "Le" <Le@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF3628FC-88EF-4C13-9629-72CF7A0E2E42@micro...

Exchange 2007 problem replying or forwarding certain emails through OWA
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01CB0D66.C0DA2C20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This is a weird one, hoping for some guidance. I have a strictly OWA user reporting issues trying to forward/reply = certain emails that are in his Sent Items folder. I'm able to duplicate = the issue here from a completely different PC. The vast majority of = emails seem fine, but when replying/forwarding some of the emails OWA = triggers an error. All emails that I can find to trig...

Outlook 2003 Reply to Indicator
When I reply to a message in Outlook 2003 is there a way the original message is marked so I will know if I have replied to it or not? Thanks, Dennis Dennis Hughes <dvhughes@mindspring.com> wrote: > When I reply to a message in Outlook 2003 is there a way the original > message is marked so I will know if I have replied to it or not? Two ways: the mail icon gets a little arrow on it and the Infobar states when you replied. -- Brian Tillman Brian, Thanks. That is exactly what I need. Once you pointed the items out, they are very clear. Dennis "Brian Tillman"...

Small Fonts in Forwarded Messages
This question seems to be similar to the small fonts in replies questions but not entirely -- I'm sorry if it's a repeat. I have a personal account and all the e-mail from it is forwarded to my account at work where we use Office 2007, this is fine except the forwarded e-mail I recieve has tiny fonts. It seems to be only in HTML messages where the sender has changed fonts in the original message. I cannot be sure but it often seems as if they have cut and pasted parts of their e-mail or perhaps had multiple e-mails with someone that they later forwarded to me (which would then ...

Displaying html