reply #3

=20

OL2002: How to Create a Solution That Runs at a Specific=20
Time Interval (290654)

----------------------

Microsoft Outlook 2002

----------------------

This article used to be called: Q290654

MICROSOFT INTERNAL SUPPORT INFORMATION
kbclone: 281111 , 281112 , 280772=20

Summary Section
Microsoft Outlook does not provide built-in functionality=20
that allows you to send mail or perform some other custom=20
task at a specific time interval. However, as a=20
developer, you can create this type of solution by using=20
various developer technologies and operating system=20
features. This article provides an overview of how you=20
can begin to implement this type of solution.=20
MoreInformation Section
IMPORTANT : This article describes how to create an=20
Outlook solution to be used on a typical end-user=20
computer. It does not take into account possible server-
based solutions. For example, if you are using Microsoft=20
Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or later, there=20
is an OnTimer event that you can associate with a server-
based folder. For more information on implementing this=20
event, see the following Microsoft Web site:=20
URL=3D/library/psdk/exchserv/events_6a5v.htm=20

Outlook does not have what is commonly called a "timer"=20
event. These events typically have the ability to run at=20
a specified time interval, such as every 15 minutes, or=20
once a day.=20

However, there are a variety of ways to create a custom=20
solution that implements this functionality. The design=20
of the solution depends on many factors, including:=20
The operating system that you are using.=20
Whether or not you have Microsoft Visual Basic or a=20
developer tool that allows you to create executable=20
files.=20
Whether or not you have installed Windows Scripting Host.=20
Whether or not you have installed or will install the=20
Outlook E-mail Security Update.=20
The following sections explain the main points you need=20
to consider when you design this type of solution.=20
Develop the Task to Be Repeated=20
First, you must determine how to use the Outlook object=20
model to perform the custom operation once. It is often=20
useful to use Outlook Visual Basic for Applications to=20
prototype this part of the solution. You can later move=20
this code to another development environment after it is=20
functioning correctly. For example, if you want to send a=20
custom mail message once a day, you can adapt the routine=20
to programmatically send a mail message from an example=20
available in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base=20
article:=20
209948 ACC2000: How to Use Automation to Send a Microsoft=20
Outlook Message=20

MICROSOFT INTERNAL SUPPORT INFORMATION
Editor: Above link should be updated if ACC2002 clone=20
article is created; it wasn't as of 3-29-01.=20

Determine What Will Run the Code Repeatedly=20
Microsoft Windows 9x-based Computers=20
If you are using a Windows 9x-based operating system, you=20
can use the Windows Task Scheduler to run any executable=20
file at a specific time interval. This executable can be=20
a compiled application that was created by using a COM-
compliant development environment, such as Microsoft=20
Visual Basic, or you can use a Visual Basic Script file=20
(.vbs) if you have Windows Script Host installed on the=20
computer. For additional information on Windows Script=20
Host, see the following Microsoft Web site:=20
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/=20

Microsoft Windows NT or Microsoft Windows 2000 Computers=20
If you are using Windows NT or Windows 2000, the Task=20
Scheduler runs in a service. You cannot automate the=20
Outlook object model from a service, or a process that is=20
spawned from a service. For additional information, click=20
the article number below to view the article in the=20
Microsoft Knowledge Base:=20
237913 INFO: Outlook Object Model Unsuitable to Run in a=20
Windows Service=20

Important considerations:=20
If you can use the Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) 1.2x=20
object model to automate your task, consider using that=20
object model because it can be used from a service.=20
Instead of using the Task Scheduler service, use=20
Microsoft Visual Basic or another COM-compliant=20
development environment to create a stand-alone=20
application. In this application, implement timer-based=20
functionality, such as by using the Timer Control. To use=20
this solution, the application must be running=20
continuously on the computer.=20
References Section
For additional information about available resources and=20
answersto commonly asked questions about Microsoft=20
Outlook solutions, click the article number below to view=20
the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:=20
287530 OL2002: Questions About Custom Forms and Outlook=20
Solutions=20

QueryWords Section
OfficeKBHowTo OutSol OutSol2002=20

MICROSOFT INTERNAL SUPPORT INFORMATION
Author: billja (2001-02-25T12:30:00) Edit Reviewer:=20
billja (2001-04-23T05:57:00) Tech Reviewer: billja (2001-
03-30T04:53:00)=20

----------------------
Modification Type: Minor DATEREVIEWED 2/26/2004=20

----------------------

MICROSOFT INTERNAL DOCUMENT INFORMATION =20
Edit Status: Published=20
First Published: 2/25/2001=20
Author: billja=20
Last Modifier: v-pajohn=20
Original Language: EN-US=20
Publish Date: 2/26/2004=20
Confidentiality: public=20
Stylesheet: KBPubv2html-EN-US.xsl=20
=20
=20

=A92004 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.=20
=20

0
anonymous (74722)

Reply to whom? This is a new thread....

suresh wrote:
> [...]
> 287530 OL2002: Questions About Custom Forms and Outlook
> Solutions
>
> QueryWords Section
> OfficeKBHowTo OutSol OutSol2002
>
> MICROSOFT INTERNAL SUPPORT INFORMATION
> Author: billja (2001-02-25T12:30:00) Edit Reviewer:
> billja (2001-04-23T05:57:00) Tech Reviewer: billja (2001-
> 03-30T04:53:00)

> ----------------------
> Modification Type: Minor DATEREVIEWED 2/26/2004

> ----------------------
>
> MICROSOFT INTERNAL DOCUMENT INFORMATION
> Edit Status: Published
> First Published: 2/25/2001
> Author: billja
> Last Modifier: v-pajohn
> Original Language: EN-US
> Publish Date: 2/26/2004
> Confidentiality: public
> Stylesheet: KBPubv2html-EN-US.xsl
>

> �2004 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

lanwench (7567)

Can send, but not reply or forward
Using Exchange on an SBS 2K server. The error message when I try to reply or forward a message is "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for" etc. I can send new emails directory to the addresses. I have prevented Mail Relay by folling the MS KB article 310380. Any thoughts would be appreciated. thx Hi njw, > Using Exchange on an SBS 2K server. The error message when I try to > reply or forward a message is "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for" etc. I > can send new emails directory to the addresses. I have prevented Mail > Relay by folling the MS KB article 310380. An...

how do i do 3 data validations?
If i have a cell C18 with list values "25-51-91","25-51-82","25-51-54" "25-51-55","25-50-23" a cell c19 with list values"0", "1", "E" and cell C8 values "UA 115180-4, UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H, 3DF-A35-11D-G" and when i select C8= UA 115180-4 ,c18 should be "25-51-91" c19 should be 0 when i select UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H c18 shld be 25-51-82,25-51-54,25-51-55 cell c19 value should be 1 when i select 3DF-A35-11D...

Excel to Word #3
I have just completed a userform with tons of fields. Once submitted it places the data into the worksheet. The worksheet itself has 141 columns of different values. Now I need to have some sort of code that fits into a command button from the toolbox on the actual worksheet to transfer data form each row that has data into a word document. Each row has to be it's own paragraph. Is this possible? A short sample of the data layout: Column Headers: ID Description Total Location Date Coats Labor (hrs) 20 Room Painted $500.00 Living Ro...

reply message wont include text on one contact
Only with one contact in our address book...when we reply to any of her messages it will not include her original message. under email options it is checked to include original messages. The confusing part is it is only happening with one contact. ...

lists #3
how do I consolidate two lists into one: List 1 Jan name city a Med b NYC c LA List 2 Feb name city d GA e MIS f LA Consolidated name city a Med b NYC c LA d GA e MIS f LA Thanks Copy the second list and paste it below the first? -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Felipe" <faristiz@uncc.edu> wrote in message news:5a7b01c48178$dfedd1a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > how do I consolidate two lists into one: > > List...

Average #3
Excell 2003 I'm trying to average times, in minutes, in a single column. The minutes are the result of a formula to find elapsed times (14:10-14:08 etc). There are 1414 cells in the column with entries in about 80% of the cells. In one of the books I have it says Excell will only average 20 numbers. If this is true, how do I average the column? On a relaterd topic, wehn I try to do MAX for the columns I get a number that I know isn't the MAX for that column. I've got the columns formated for times. What am I doin wrong? Thanks, The 'Bonker -- Its better to remain ...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

Outlook removes in box items upon reply
When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? "Jeff J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d84701c3ef3a$b3646a70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from > my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot > find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? View-Current View-All messages. When I look at that, it does nothing. If I cahnge the View to "View Me...

Installazione CRM 3.0 Ita for SBS su SBS 2003 Eng
Salve, avrei la necessit=E0 di installare su Small Business Server in inglese la versione del CRM 3.0 per SBS in italiano. Vorrei sapere se ci sono problemi di funzionamento considerando la diversa versione del linguaggio. Grazie ...

Unable to reply or forward in Outlook XP
I am currently running Outlook 2002 with XP SP2. All of the latest patches for both. Internet connection and account tested and verified. When I use reply or forward to send email, Outlook will sometimes hang (hour glass forever). In order to get out I have to use task manager to stop Outlook. Of course by doing this the email is lost and has to be retyped. I never have this problem when creating a new email from scratch. There have been a number of post on this but I have yet to find one that actually had a fix. Any help would be appreciated. Peter Are you using Word or Outlook a...

the number "3" displays like an exposant
je ne comprend pas pourquoi le chiffre 3 apparait comme un exposant dans mon classeur ...

How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", bet
How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", between. Is it a formala I can use? HI Try this =A1&" "&""""&B1&" "&""""&C1, adjust range to your needs HTH John "JOF" <JOF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BD2A42E-BCB9-4504-8454-727E366E25DD@microsoft.com... > How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", between. Is > it > a formala I can use? ...

HIDDEN COLUMNS #3
SOMEHOW I'VE HIDDEN COLUMNS A AND B, AND NOW I CAN'T UNHIDE THEM. HELP! Click on the header for column C, highlighting the entire column. Without releasing the mouse, drag until you're over the column of row headers (on my version of Excel, in Office 2003, I see the tool tip change to '3C'). Now you should be able to Format > Column > Unhide. "acp20770" wrote: > SOMEHOW I'VE HIDDEN COLUMNS A AND B, AND NOW I CAN'T UNHIDE THEM. HELP! If you select the sheet then go to window and unhide it will restore the Hidden windows. "acp20770&q...

Re: Cannot Insert Object #3
Hi all I'm having trouble inserting a .msg outlook file into an Excel workbook, can anyone please advise as to why I'm getting this error. Many thanks Badger -- BadgerMK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BadgerMK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511014 ...

No Reports in CRM 3.0 Install
Hi everyone, I have been working on installing CRM 3.0 (fresh install) on a Small Business Server and I have been having trouble getting the reporting services to work correctly. I have been able to get the reports section to pull up now but no reports are listed in the grid. All the other functions appear to be working and I can even start to add reports but it puzzles me. Doesn't Microsoft provide sample reports to begin with? Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how do I get the reports to show up? Surely they gave us standard reports with the program?!?!?! Thanks! on ...

Error installing CRM 3
Trying to install CRM on a development server that has just been rebuilt after disk failure and the install runs through until it attempts to grant permissions on the newly created databases. The CRM install is all on this machine i.e. webserver and sql server are the same box. The error message reads Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated nw Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: ...

Letter Writing Assistant Error #3
When we try and print a letter in the letter writing program we receive a Header Record Delimiters error. It is asking for a field delimiter and a record delimiter. How do we correct this error. This was working correctly a couple weeks ago, and it works correctly on other machine sin the office, any thoughts or suggestions on how to correct this issue? Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions? ...

CRM 3.0 Workflow Monitor is EMPTY!!!!
Hi, I am using CRM 3.0 Workflow Monitor it is showing me in the Summary that I have lots of active and paused processes 28 active / 199 paused of various entity types. However when I go to view the paused, or active (or ALL for that matter), there is nothing even after numerous refreshes, trying next page stuff. Basically it is showing nothing at all on any screen or any tab except Process/Summary. I think something is very BROKEN here. Any help would be appreciated. I have changed the WF Service to be logged in as Administrator and Administrator is part of PrivUserGroup and SQLAc...

Drop down list #3
Is there a command whereby I can create a drop down list in a cell? Data|Validation is pretty easy to use. Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Hrider wrote: > > Is there a command whereby I can create a drop down list in a cell? -- Dave Peterson ...

replying to forwarded mail
I just signed up for a domain that provides free email forwarding. Let's call it mydomain.com. Any email coming to that domain, <anything>@mydomain.com is forwarded to my existing account, let's call it me@existing.com. That's great, but if I reply to an incoming email, it is being sent out from me@existing.com. Is there a way to configure Outlook 2003 so that the reply email looks like it is coming from the email address that is was originally sent to? So if it was sent to me123@mydomain.com it should go back looking like it came from there and if it was sent to myse...

Anyone know PBDA Spec 1.3.1 Part 3 License Package Hash Algorithm
I studing Protected Broadcast Driver Architecture (PBDA 1.3.1) Part 3 : WMDRM on PBDA. Who know section 3.14.3 "License Package" License_package_hash uses what hash algorithm ? ...

Winmail.dat #3
I have 5 exchange 2003 servers (combination Standard and Enterprise) and until recently everything had been running fine. Just recently users in the US started getting winmail.dat attachments when our users from Malaysia attach a file to an email. Most users should be using Outlook 2000/xp/2003. Any ideas? Please let me know if you need more info In news:2707A015-E765-4937-A581-2978AF13FDA4@microsoft.com, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have 5 exchange 2003 servers (combination Standard and Enterprise) > and until recently everything had been running fine. Just ...

Row Height #3
I'm working on this spreadsheet and we are constantly adding more information to these cells in a certain column. After a while when there is a lot of text added into the cell, it begins to not continue wordwrap-ing it anymore, and cuts it off, as well as when choosing AutoFit for cell height, it won't go any bigger than 171.00. Is there anyway to change those settings? If you add alt-enters to force a new line within the cell, then you'll be able to see more text in that cell and the wordwrap should come back. Try adding them every 80-100 characters. Chantel wrote: > &g...

Multiple instances of Outlook #3
MS Office pro 2003 SP2 Situation: One PC multiple users. Normally logged on to PC and network as MainUser. One Outlook-account "MainUser" and 5 accounts "User1" etc. Normally we are logged on to Outlook with the account MainUser. By closing and restarting Outlook we can log on to any other of the accounts. Question: Is it possible to have multiple instances of Outlook open at the same time so we can view both MainUser and e.g. User1?? knut Outlook can only run under one MAPI profile at a time. XP's Quick user switching might allow you to run it multiple tim...

Old MS Mail 3.0 support
I am trying to find a way to support the old Microsoft mail postoffice. I have several cusotmers on small local LAn's using this with Outlook 97. If I convert/upgrade them to Office XP it continues to support the MS Mail Postoffice. However, a New install does not have this support. Anyone know how to get Office XP/2003 to support the old Microsoft Mail Postoffice? http://www.poremsky.com/msmail_xp.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted witho...