replies to yourself

Is there a way in Outlook 2003, to not receive my own replies when answering
mail that has me on the original "To" or "Cc" list?

0
lostone (1)

bourky <lostone@somewhere.net> wrote:

> Is there a way in Outlook 2003, to not receive my own replies when
> answering mail that has me on the original "To" or "Cc" list?

If Outlook can tell that your address is in a recipient field, you won't get
the reply.  Apparently, the address in the receipient field doesn't match
your address as Outlook knows it, for some reason.  This can happen to me,
too, when someone from Outside the company sends mail and I Reply All
because my Internet address doesn't match my internal Exchange address.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Out of Office reply #6
We currently do not allow "Out of Office" replies anywhere other than our exchange org. I recently saw an Out of Office reply which was sent by the postmaster@domain.com on behalf of Jane Doe. (see edited snippet below) I think this is a great idea so I went searching for a "how to" and found nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Exchange 2003 doesn't do this out of the box does it? - I understand that Exchange 2007 will have this funcionality but I could really use this functionality today. Anyone know of a way for this to be done in Exchange 2003? --- cut here ...

Exchange 5.5 reply SMTP address
Hi, Recently I experienced strange problems with my Exchange 5.5 SMTP addresses. Every time I try to set/change Reply Address for any recipient, it is SELF changing to address like 'alias@...' in several minutes. Unfortunately my boss has his mailbox alias different than our company standard :-) Could anyone help me? Regards, Adam Krajewski On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 21:08:39 +0100, "Adam Krajewski" <akrajewski@astercity.com.pl> wrote: >Hi, >Recently I experienced strange problems with my Exchange 5.5 SMTP addresses. >Every time I try to set/change Reply Address f...

Reply #2
I would like to set Outlook for when I reply to a email the text appear in html all the time, is it possible? Thank's Louis Outlook will automatically reply to mesages using the format in which they were received. I don't believe this behavior can be changed - you'd have to change it manually each time from the format menu. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "T�treault, Louis" <tetreaultl@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:%23r...

Incorrect email address when replying
Help Running XP pro, Office 2002 sp3 Have several email accounts (pop3) collected by five different email account through Outlook 2002 (as we run five different companies). If we send out email on Account1 then they reply back and then we reply out it doesn't default to Account1 as sending the reply, it appears to randomly pick one of the five email accounts. Tried changing defaults on reply etc, but no solution, anybody any ideas. Cheers Stephen Yes, very similar with Outlook 2000 and XP Home with POP3; in any "reply to" message Outlook seems to randomly pick either t...

Outlook Copies Replies to Inbox
Outlook is sending me copies of my own emails. If I create an email it sends it without a problem. If I reply to or forward emails it sends the message and then puts a copy of it in my inbox. How do I shut that little feature off? Or at least tell Outlook to put copies of replies and forwards in my Sent Items folder. b Version of outlook? Type of email acct? are you sending yourself a copy or is outlook putting the sent item in the inbox? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginn...

Automatic Reply to specific addresses with a specific message
Hi there, Can someone please help me with this query, I want to send an automatic reply to a set of e.mail addresses with a specific message I want it to be server side reply to work even if outlook is not opened. I have tried to create a rule and tested it but it didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks -- M.B Are the recipients you're trying to reply to internal (Exchange mailboxes) or external (Internet recipients/no Exchange mailbox in your org)? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "M.B" <MB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

email reply indent doesn't work
ol03, reply as plain text, using the outlook spell check, not using word: i have it set to indent when replying, but nothing indents in the reply. i only want a reasonable way to reply to different points in an email. if i use characters before the reply then i have to deal with the spell checker reading everything. if i turn on word for email i have to deal with outlook whining about normal.dot not being saved properly. so i'd like to try indenting, but it doesn't seem to work. help? I could be wrong, but I believe that indentations is a property of some type of formattin...

Outlook changing 'g' to 'q' when replying
Hi, When I reply to a message from a user anna.aguilarbiggs@domain.com Outlook changes the 'g' to a 'q' so that the reply address is anna.aquilarbiggs@domain.com. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? Thanks for your advice Shaun <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > When I reply to a message from a user anna.aguilarbiggs@domain.com > Outlook changes the 'g' to a 'q' so that the reply address is > anna.aquilarbiggs@domain.com. Does anyone have any idea why this > might be happening? Since it doesn't touch the Gs in "...

replying to yahoo mail
Outlook 2003. Often, when I reply to and email sent from a yahoo or AOL account, the headers (Date, To, From, Subject) of the original message are put into the body of my email. But the body of the original mail and all history is not copied over. I never see that problem with emails from other sources. Is there something I can set in Outlook that is causing this? Is there a setting in AOL or yahoo that I can request my friends to set? Is it some character or sequence in the email itself that is stopping the copying? Thanks, Bill ...

Problems replying / forwarding email
Hi, When replying / forwarding email on OWA on Exchange 2000 on SBS 2000, all the staffs are getting "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error(exception)" while all other functionality of OWA is fine. Any ideas what may be causing this and possible things to try to resolve this. Thanks for your help in advance. Ky On 19 Oct 2005 21:01:00 -0700, "Ky" <keicheng@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >When replying / forwarding email on OWA on Exchange 2000 on SBS 2000, >all the staffs are getting "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server >Error(exception)" while all oth...

Exchange 2003 reply to address spoofing
In Exchange 2003, need to change the domain suffix for all outbound email. Example: We have a pilot running in a different domain\forest then corporate. Pilot domain = foo.bar.com Corporate = bar.com. Need all mail sent from user@foo.bar.com to have in the sent from address user@foo.com reason, we need any mail that’s replied to user@foo.bar.com to go to user@bar.com mailbox. Email aliases are the same in both domain\forest. I don't have an Ex2003 system here to reference, but can't you just modify the default recipient policy in the foo.bar.com Exchange org and make @bar.com t...

Remove certain recipient when replying
Hi, I am using Microsoft outlook 2003 SP1. Is there a way I can remove a certain recipient when I replay to a mail automatically. If possible, can anyone guide me how to do this. Thanks in advance, Mikhail you'll need to delete the recipient yourself. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips...

Public Folder Auto Reply
I am having problems with a public folder auto reply. I set up a public folder with an email addresses and then used folder assistant to set up an auto reply rule. I also set up the folder to forward a copy of the message to a distribution group The permissions are, Default-Contributer, Anonymous-Contributer, DistGroup-Reviewer, Myself-Owner. When I send a message to the smtp address for the public folder, it gets sent to the folder as a message and I receive the auto reply. When anything is sent from another user inside the domain, the message shows up as a Post item and no auto re...

Macro that inserts lines reply
have this macro that inserts a line if the value in D changes and copy the value in D to A. I want this macro to only start looking in D14 or from row 14. tx for all the help Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 2 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "D").Value <> _ Cells(row_index + 1, "D").Value Then Cells(row_index + 1, "D").EntireRow.Insert _ (xlShiftDown) Cells(row_index + 1, 1).Value = Cells(row_index + 2, 4).Value End If Nex...

How Exchange2003 handle auto-reply loop?
Hi there, For Exchange2003 with Outlook2003, user1 and user2 both set "out of office" auto reply rule, then I send email to both user1 & user2, user1 & user2 will start generate auto reply loop. Wondering if Exchange2003 has some mechanism to detect such auto reply loop & stop it? Also how about the case if user1 is internal user, while user2 is external user? Can Exchange2003 detect such auto reply loop & stop it? Many thanks! Well, first of all, just turning on the Out of Office rule will not create loops any more, because Out of Office Assistant will o...

New user gets strange reply adress.
Hi we have a exchange and outlook solution. When a we try to reply to a new user, outlook shows: From : Name [mailto:xxx@xxx.xx] instead of From : Name [name.lastname@xxx.xx] Where is this option located? is it in Users and computers? If the user is on your exchange server, it's in the ADUC or Exchange system manager. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook an...

Does the title of the question effect the amount of replies I get.
I have 2 excel sheets in the same workbook. The first one has a rota on it. It is arranged in weeks, with Monday to Sunday running along the top, and the name of the department running down the left hand side. At the bottom I have added a row for "holiday". The second sheet is a holiday sheet. The names of the staff run along the top of the sheet, with each cell underneath their name representing a days holiday. Each cell is numbered so that we can see how many days they have, and how many days they have left. What I want to happen is to type the date of the holiday in the cell...

multiple "reply" buttons & illegal operation error
using Outlook 2000 for MS Excange server config. when i open received mail, there are 2 reply buttons on the task bar. When I reply to email and send, "illegal operation" error comes up and Outlook shuts down. tried to uninstall and reinstall...but prob still there. tried to repair outlook...but prob still there. any ideas ...

the cursor move to TO: field when reply action requested
Problem: Outlook 2000 Open an email and press REPLY. The cursor stays on the TO line instead of going directly to the BODY of the email document. Thanks I have seen intermittent reports of this but have not been able to find a common denominator --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sang Nguyen asked: | Problem: Outlook 2000 | | Open an email and press REPLY. The cursor sta...

new and reply messages trapped in OUTBOX
outlook 2003 test messages go through DSL service okay. Verizon says it is not their problem. when I create a message and hit send button it goes to OUTBOX. hitting send all and send/receive all has no effect. Try the troubleshooting steps listed here: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291613 If that doesn't work for you, please post back. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "stevsail" wrote: > outlook 2003 > test messages go through DSL service okay. Verizon says it is not their > problem. > ...

Using English(UK) diction in replies
Office 2003 using Word as my Email editor When I reply to emails I get the English(US) dictionary instead of my Word preference of English(UK). Is there a way to make Word use English(UK) for email replies as well as documents? -- Steve Swift http://www.ringers.org.uk (Personal Webpage) http://hedgehog.farn.uk.ibm.com (IBM Internal - restricted) "Swifty" <Swifty@btconnect.com> wrote in message news:Xns953E4EF9932F6SwiftyCo@207.46.248.16... > Office 2003 using Word as my Email editor > > When I reply to emails I get the English(US) dictionary instead of m...

exch 2003 question ... please reply !
Please see my comments:- "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote: > 1. Check DNS. Make sure that both servers can talk to each other (via both > hostname and FQDN). Make sure that message tracking (on both 5.5 and 2003) > is turned on. Once you have done this, what happens when you try and send a > message from 5.5 to 2003? What happens the other way? Do you get NDR's > right away? From the 5.5 server, can you telnet on port 25 to the 2003 > server? What about the other way? Can 2003 telnet to port 25 of 5.5? Jazzy: Message tracking is turned on an...

POP3 Connector and Reply Address
Hi everyone, I have an Exchange 2003 box that is using the POP3 connector to retrieve email from an external email provider. We do not have control over the domain name so we have to go this route for now. My problem is that when someone sends out a note from inside the company, it has the local address of the user in the email note (e.g. john@example.local). We want the email address to read john@external_provider.com. I know it's an easy thing to change the SMTP address for the users in exchange but then the incoming email does not get delivered by the POP3 connector as it is trying ...

out of office reply outside of LAN
Is it possible to send out of office reply's to people outside of a lan? Would they recieve it. If it is possible where would i go to see the proper configuration for that? Yes it is - you need to configure your Exchange to allow out of office replies. View KBA 262352 for info regarding this. >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to send out of office reply's to people >outside of a lan? Would they recieve it. > >If it is possible where would i go to see the proper >configuration for that? >. > ...

Reply font color, Outlook 2000
A user just asked me if I could set her Outlook 2000 to use the default blue color when replying. When I checked, it was already set to use blue when replying & forwarding. I tested the feature on any number of messages in her inbox, and when replying to any of them, the font was blue, which is correct. But one particular message, it will not use blue...it uses black every time. It does not appear that stationary is used in that message, but just in case, I set the option to *always* use her font settings. Her reply text still shows in black. In this particular case, the reply color ...