Replicating folders

I am having a strange issue with tasks replicating for no
apparent reason.  Outlook 2002 on Windows XP.  Anyone run
across something like this before?  Deleted 34 blank
tasks and the next day there were 14 new ones.

0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook Crashes when adding new calendar folder
If I try and add a new folder of type "Calendar Items" of try to change the Time Scale of an existing calendar Outlook crashes. I have tried the following 1. Running Office Diagnostics (Scan detects no errors) 2. Running scanpst.exe gainst my .pst files (No error detected) 3. Created a new Outlook Data File 4. Closed all existing outlook files 5. Disabled all Add-ins 6. Started Outlook in Safe Mode 7. Ran Outlook using the /Cleanviews Command Line 8. Uninstalled Outlook 9. Reinstalled Outlook and reinstalled all software patches 10. Gone into Control Panel -> Mail a...

Exchange2003, public folders, group membership
So I am the admin of the domain and yet unless I explicitly list myself in a certain folder in public folders, I can not see the folder. Does group memberships not apply to Exchange? There must be an easier way without having to add a person to each folder. You'd be looking at modifying the Default, or possibly the Anonymous permissions on the public folders. If you set the Default to "view folder" among others, then it will be viewable for anyone in your domain. Can you state exactly what you are trying to achieve? Is it just for you to view all the public folders? -- ...

export eml files maintaining their folder estructure
Is there a way to export eml messages maintaining their folder estructure? I need to have the same folder estructure I have in OE but in windows with the .eml files inside. I can only think in mannualy creating folder structure in windows folders and drag each email inside, but perhaps is there a more efficient way to do so, since I have to deal with hundreds of folders and files that way. __________ Informaci´┐Żn de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi´┐Żn de la base de firmas de virus 4762 (20100111) __________ ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje. http://www.eset.com ...

sbs 2000 to sbs 2008 migration: public folder problem
Good day, we have migrate from sbs 2000 to sbs 2008. We have a problem to receive email in public folder: ID: servername\unrecheable No route available to mailbox folder #550 4.4.7 QUEUE.Expired; message expired in unreachable destination queue. Reason: There is currently no route to the mailbox database ## We have no problem to private mailbox. Thank you Hello Carlo, Thanks for your post. Do you still have the SBS 2000 server available in your domain environment and Exchange 2000 Administrative group coexists with Exchange 2007? If so, please go to the Exch...

exch2003 "internet newsgroup" public folder, how to delete it?
Hi there, Just newly built exchange2003 server, by default there is a public folder called "internet newsgroup", in which seems useless to me & I would like to delete it, but can't. Wondering how can I delete this public folder? Many thanks! I do not know of a way to remove this folder. However, you can hide it from view in Outlook by using the Client Permissions button on the folder in Exchange System Manager (i.e. disable the 'folder visible' right). -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com &...

create a list of worksheet names (from a single folder, or open files)
I need to create a list of worksheet names (tabs) or all the files (I'd like the file names as well, but think I've already found the add in from http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/index.html that does that part) the purpose is to create a list - from which I will use concatenate to make formulas linking to all the worksheets (they are all formated the same) so I can summarize financial information. (I use concatenate) make massive page of formulas and past special values to another page (creating text that upon adding an = sign in front will become formuals) I've found th...

DST Exchange 2003 updates and public folders remaing 1 hour behin
I have recently updated all of my pc's and servers to the new DST everything seems OK (lucky for me) but I can not get my public folders (Calendars) to update I have tried using the TZmove.exe but it states that nothing needs to be updated any ideas. I also have one user (CEO) that was out of town and uses a a PDA to update his calendar, he was in Central time zone making appointments and now he has returned to Pacific time zone and he has really screwed things up in his outlook, but the TZmove also states there are no appointments to change -- Thank you for all your help Are you...

"Folder Size" and "File Size" differece in .pst file
I have a .PST file that shows approximately 700MB in the "Folder Size" through Outlook 2k3. However, the actual file size is over 1.5GB. Anyone know why there would be such a difference? My other pst's are pretty close in file size and folder size. Thanks. Ben Ben Smith <bsmith@aNvOaSlPoAnMinc.com> wrote: > I have a .PST file that shows approximately 700MB in the "Folder Size" > through Outlook 2k3. However, the actual file size is over 1.5GB. > Anyone know why there would be such a difference? My other pst's are > pretty close in file si...

xl2003 "cannot save
Windows XP professional Windows 2003 professional Both fully updated with service packs etc as of today. Netware server Load spreadsheet 1.xls from network folder SaveAs as 2.xls to same network folder Same user logged in, same folder, try on different machines. SaveAs works on all machines except a few which give the error: "Cannot save folder marked read only" SaveAs always works on local drive Any ideas ?? I have checked out KB180257 Hi sounds more like a network issue (user access rights, etc.) and not like an Excel error. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany iainc ...

Duplicate Personal Folders OL 2003
I have developed a mirror image of my personal folders in Outlook 2003. Each is just another "view" of the other, if that makes sense (anything done in one set is done in the other) so it seems Outlook is just displaying them twice. I have tried repairing the installation, and the Outlook Data Files list shows only one set of personal folders. Anyone run into this? TIA Scott Create a new profile (do not copy it); Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles To access your current pst-file in the new profile; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... To set it as the ...

GAL Replication [WILDPACKET]
I have imported thr HR information to populate the User Properties information under AD using a third party tool. It imports and fills in the users details such as phone, address, mobile etc. All this information shows up fine under the Outlook which means it has replicate all across. But this information is still not showing up on the users who are in different sites. They use offline Address Books may be this could be the reason. I thought I leave it for few days and replication will go across but its been 2 weeks and the replcation has not worked. How can I check where the iss...

Unable to display public folder
I have 1 user (out of 60) that is unable to display 2 (out of a bunch) of public folders. Here are some of the things I've tried: - Set him to be an owner of the folders. - Removed and reinstalled Office 2000 and applied service packs (be we all know that a lot of the settings remain after a removal!) - Logged him in at a different machine...which works fine, so I'm assuming his problem is local with 2000 and not with the exchange 2003 server? Short of wiping his entire machine a reinstalling the OS, is there something else I could try? Maybe manually removing all the setup files? ...

Folder Permissions\Access 2007
We are using a simple (four field) db that was created in ACCESS 2003 with an ACCESS 2007 front end User are only supposed to use the drop down in one field to change data. Some users keep adding data to some fields corrupting the db. Some of these fields need to edited by the db a support person. Weare doing away with the drop down box and need to allow users to read only and allow the support staff only to make changes to the db. Do we do these permissions on the folder level or the DB level? Why should we change the db to 2007 from ACCESS 2003? Thanks, S...

Possible to automatically delete all emails in current folder except...?
I am using Outlook 2002 and was wondering if there is an app that I could use with it to help with this situation: Every day I receive an updated currency list and it goes into a folder in the Inbox called "Currency". I then have to delete any previous emails in that folder except the current one. Is it possible to have a program that will delete all the emails in that folder except the most recent one - even if it is not the same as the current date? Thanks ...

Change path to identity folder....
I run a Mac lab with about 10 computers in which logins are integrated into Active Directory. I set it up so that there is no local profile created when students log in. Basically all the computers share the same folder (desktop, library, preferences, etc.) on the server and the same user is listed as logged in on up to ten machines. I like this set up because all the settings (screen saver, wallpaper, filenames) and user files can be changed by simply changing one machine. But... The first person to open an Office program apparently owns the identity which is stored on the server. The file is...

best way to show directory structure of input and output folders
I want to show a batch process that contains several programs and show the various input and output folders where files are read from and put to. For instance c:\batch inbound outbound processed errors I'd like to be able to draw lines from each folder to each process in the diagram. ...

No Archive appearing in folder list
I notice on one of my PC's that the archive folder doesn't appear in the folder list. Is there a way of viewing it in the folder list? Using Office 2000 and XP Home. Open the archive PST using a command on the File menu. I forget the exact path since I'm using OL2003 now. In OL2003 it's File menu > Open > Outlook Data file. It may be similiar in OL2000 "Trevor" <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message news:5a47d$436499b5$50e5af86$15725@nf5.news-service.com... >I notice on one of my PC's that the archive folder doesn't app...

can't empty deleted items folder
I'm using Office XP w/OL2002. I can't empty my deleted items folder. I get the error message that "The messaging interface has encountered an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I've run scanpst with no reported errors. I had just installed SP2, but don't know if that has anything to do with it. I try to delete items individually with the same same results. Any help is appreicated. Thanks Danny First, OL 2000 now has SP-3, so perhaps you should catch up on the hotfixes, patches, and service packs. Is it possible the deleted items folder...

Private Folder Restrictions
Hi I just need to know if there is a way of restricting the creation of folders within a user's mailbox (ie under Inbox, under Contacts, etc). Can this be done with a policy? If it can be done please point me in the right direction! OS: W2K/WXP with Outlook2000 with an Exchange 2000 info store. Huge Thanks Peter Not that I know of....what's your intended purpose in this? Peter wrote: > Hi > I just need to know if there is a way of restricting the > creation of folders within a user's mailbox (ie under > Inbox, under Contacts, etc). > > Can this be done ...

Persistence of events in BaseNamedObjects folder
I have a problem where events gets created properly during driver installation. But after a reboot IoCreateNotificationEvent fails to initialize the same set of events. In the driver, DriverEntry function initializes these events. Driver is installed with ServiceType=1 and StartType=3. So I would assume BaseNamedObjects folder will exist during DriverEntry stage. Driver is a KMDF driver. OS is Windows XP Embedded SP3, operationally similar to Windows XP Pro SP3. Another question, does events created using IoCreateNotificationEvents in BaseNamedObjects folder persist across...

Remove Public Folders From GAL
I'm looking for a way to prevent our mail enabled public folders from showing up in the GAL. I do however, want the folders to continue to be displayed in the "public folders" address book It looks as if perhaps I can achieve this by editing the filter rules under the "Default Global Address List" in the Exchange 2003 system manager. Is this the best way to accomplish the task, and if so, please advise what out of the below text needs to be removed from the filter. (& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msExch...

Public Folder Contacts not appearing
Hello, I am trying to get a Public Folder Contact list to behave in a certain way. We have Exchange 2003 w/sp1, all clients running Ooutlook 2003 w/SP1 I can see all of the contacts within the /Public Folder/All Public Folders/ hierarchy, let's call it "Shipping Contacts". There are 55 contacts listed within. Now when a user wants to send an e-mail to one of these contacts they need to be able to: -open a new email -click "To" -Click the dropdown arrow under "Show names from the" and select "Public Folders" Nothing shows up here. I want the cont...

Oulook 2000 Share/Net Folders
We currently are running Outlook 2000 and Windows XP Professional with a server. Prior to changing over to XP Professional from XP Home, we were able to use the Share feature in Outlook for our Tasks, Contacts, Calendars, etc. After we changed over to XP Professional and added the server, we cannot seem to get the Share/ Net Folders feature to work. I have re-configured all 4 of our office's computers to re-do the Share. It seems to send out Net Folders (as I see things being sent from and to my Out and In Boxes) but nothing is actually appearing in the folders or actually be...

Recovering top-level public folder
Hi all I have been running a couple of times into a problem with a mail-enabled top-level public folder. When a user accidentally deletes the folder, it will show up in the deleted items recovery window, but it cannot be restored. All that comes is a permissions-related error. The following error is logged to the application event log: ----- Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: Access Control Event ID: 1235 Date: 15.12.2004 Time: 23:33:48 User: N/A Computer: XXX Description: xxx@xxx failed an operation on folder on database "First Storage G...

Public Store Folder to delete
Hi I'm running a Exchange 2000 server and I have make a mistake and I now have all the newsgroups available from my isp in my public store. It's around 40 000. So is there a way to : reset public store to initial state when I install Exchange server (let's talk about a empty one) or delete easily all that folders ? Or is there a utility that make this, free if possible ? Thanks. ICEMAN64B Hi Iceman64b, I know of no way to do this easily. The first thing you should have done is to stop the Newsfeed under the NNTP Virtual Server. After you do this you will have to delete...