Repetitive Large Outbound E-mail Messages

With e-mail messages inc. attachments of >700KB, the
messages stay in the outbox despite being sent multiple
times. Error message (0x8004210B) indicates "operation
timed out waiting for response from sending (SMTP) server.

McAfee Anti-virus in use with the outbound WormStopper
disabled.

Have waited on hold nearly an hour and can't talk to
customer service rep. Can anyone help?
0
Rwkallock (1)

Could you try it again with the virusscanner (integration) disabled? Just to
determine whether McAfee or Outlook is your issue.
Don't forget to enable your virusscanner again!

--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Create your own fully customized Toolbar
-Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003
Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
mailbox!
www.sparnaaij.net

(I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
address when mailing)
-----
"Roger" <Rwkallock@alltel.net> wrote in message
> With e-mail messages inc. attachments of >700KB, the
> messages stay in the outbox despite being sent multiple
> times. Error message (0x8004210B) indicates "operation
> timed out waiting for response from sending (SMTP) server.
>
> McAfee Anti-virus in use with the outbound WormStopper
> disabled.
>
> Have waited on hold nearly an hour and can't talk to
> customer service rep. Can anyone help?

0
Roady
3/2/2004 7:06:52 PM

     ----- Roger wrote: ----

     With e-mail messages inc. attachments of >700KB, the
     messages stay in the outbox despite being sent multiple
     times. Error message (0x8004210B) indicates "operation
     timed out waiting for response from sending (SMTP) server.

     McAfee Anti-virus in use with the outbound WormStopper
     disabled

     Have waited on hold nearly an hour and can't talk to
     customer service rep. Can anyone help

IMF Blocking incorrect Mail
Hi IMF is blocking my backup logs from my backup software is there any way I can tell it to ignore mails from that SMTP path? Thanks Dayne i) Add the ip address of the smtp server that sends the backup logs to Global Accept list in Connection Filtering and enable Connection Filtering on the smtp virtual server(s) in Exchange ii) If on SP2 and the messages sent by the backup sw have a particular keyword in the subject/body, you can use the Custom Weighting feature to decrease/minimize SCL based on the keyword -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -----...

forwarding incoming mail based on senders domain
Hello all... I'm running Exchange & Server 2003, is there a way to forward incoming mail messages to a specific user/account based on the incoming messages domain? In other words, I want all messages coming into my server from *****@domain.com to be forwarded to user account john (john@mydomain.com). Thanks! Todd Hi Todd, you could write a script SINK. Check on MS for catchall and modify it a bit for your needs. Thanks Stefan "Todd" <tkerinatvisi.com> wrote in message news:419d762f$0$228$a1866201@visi.com... > Hello all... > > I'm running Exchange &a...

Limit Newsgroup Messages Downloaded?
(Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, SP-2, IE-8, WM-6, WLM-09, classic mode, dial-up.) How can I limit the number of messages downloaded from a (or all) newsgroup(s)? Generally, I don't mind all of them being downloaded when that number, at most, is a few hundred. Lately I've become interested in some newsgroups (Usenet, not MS) that download over a thousand messages whenever I open them. That takes a long time, and I'd prefer to download only 200 or 300 at a time. Thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cow...

Journal internal mail only
Hello all, On Exchange 5.5 (via registry hacks) I was able to configure message journaling to affect ONLY internal email. That is, only messages which do NOT go to or come from the outside world are jounaled. On exchange 2000/2003 this appears to have changed. I can tick a box to archive ALL messages sent through a mail store, but I need to ONLY archive/journal internal messages. The reason for this is that we have a gateway service which archives all external mail. I need to send ONLY internal email to the gateway archive system. Does anyone know how to configure exchange 2000/20...

Template file size too large
Hello - One of the templates I've created in Excel is 630KB. This seems very large and I'd like to decrease the size as transmitting the file becomes costly. Any idea what might be causing this? The file is 32 rows by 13 columns with alternating grey shading. 26 cells are locked and the file has protection. Some cells have been merged. Thanks! Karin When you hit ctrl-End on that worksheet, where does the cell pointer go? If it's a long way from where you expected it to go, you might be able to reset that lastused cell using some of the techniques at Debra Dalgleish's s...

Problem deleting messages on Outlook
Am trying to delete messages in my Inbox. The delete button and 'Delete' function under the Edit are returning the error message --' the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook. I've restarted several times including a full system shutdown. Clear your Deleted Items folder and in case you are working with a pst-file also run Compact Now and scanpst.exe against it to check it for errors. Then try again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create...

How do I get entire addresses to show up for incoming mail?
Instead of just showing the sender's name, I want the 'new mail' list to show the entire email address. Is there a way to do this? For example, I want the 'from' field to show 'bill.smith@hotmail.com' as opposed to just Bill Smith. Thanks! Hopefully you don't have too many contacts that you want this to happen with but you can go into each contact and change the "Display as:" field. This field is right under the Email address field. It will probably show the persons name. All you need to do is copy/paste the email address into this field....

awkward message when replying email
I'm using windows xp with ms outlook xp as my primary email client. When I replaying an email, the original message goes like this (1) but when I'm replying any email it become the number (2). Is there any setting went wrong? I'm in the need of solving this problem as I'm not the one who is wrinting the original message when I reply to any email. Thanks ---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------ 1) Original replying email should be as below. -------Original Message-------- From: Lee Cheng Poh [mailto:PC...

Include contact e-mail address column
Is there a way to include the e-mail address column in the contact list by account report? You will need Crystal Reports 9.2.2 installed on a client computer plus the Crystal Enhancements for CRM (from the CRM installation CDs) in order to modify reports. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Agnes" wrote: > Is there a way to include the e-mail address column in the contact list by > account report? Thank's Matt. "MattNC" wrote: > You will need Crystal Reports 9.2.2 installed on a client computer plus the > Crystal Enhancements ...

Cannot receive mail #3
According to my ISP, I have Outlook configured correctly. But it will not download incoming mail. It does send mail though. The problem appeared overnight after a very long period of error free operation. When I hit Send/Receive I see a message on the bottom right saying "Receiving Messages", but at the end I get an error message "Download error (account: 'pop.charter.net', POP3 server: pop.charter.net', Error Number 0x80040403). Any ideas what's wrong? A search for 0x80040403 in the MS site gave me this result: You Can Send Messages but You Receive an Error ...

OL2002
With OL2000 when I started the program, it would start in the Outlook Today and also start downloading mail. With OL2002 I must go to the IMAP inbox before download starts. Any suggestions? ...

Outbound messages awaiting delivery
We're using Exchange 5.5, and I've always noticed that there are several suspicious messages with no originator. Recently there has been hundreds of these messages, host unreachable, to random email addresses to domains such as yourvalues.com, valuesstat.com, mybestvalue.com etc. Can anyone explain all this?! Thanks! Hi Joe, Someone may use your server to send spam mails. First follow http://support.microsoft.com/?id=255695 to make sure that you're secured from relay. After you've set "Hosts and clients that successfully authenticate" restart the connector and ...

Is there a fix for incorrect duplex printing of mail-merge postca.
Printing mail-merge postcards on a DUPLEX printer is not correct. We print monthly invitations. In P'03, the front of a postcard to each recipient prints on the opposite side of the same card as the message. It does not in P'07. (The front AND back of the card print on the first side [with the front and back of the next addressee]. The following 2 addressees appear on the back. This will work correctly only IF, there is no personal note to the addressee on the back of the card AND the number of addressees is divisible by 4. We have to keep 2 computers in my office unconve...

Filtering messages according to hidden html content
Hi all, I'm using Outlook 2002. I've been getting spam that my email provider fails to identify, and I couldn't find a rule myself using the built in rules wizard. I think I have a simple way of identifing those mails, but I need some help in applying it: they all contain links to the site harperety.com, however those words only appear in the mail's html source, and never in the presented text itself. What I would like to do, then, is have the wizard filter according to the source of the messages, rather than how they are presented. I would rather not use a third party tool ...

ms outlook
Hi , Is there a way to make the folder the message was sent to open up expand to show the actual folder the message has been filtered too? Thank you all for your help on this mater. Bye, Philip PS: That is the problem; I have a huge list of subfolders and dont necessarily want all of them open. Someone told me that they thought there was a way that you could have the proper set of folders open to display the new message but I cant seem to find anything like that. Any ideas? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post use...

preview message
Am using Outlook 2003, most of my staff get a small transparent preview pane when a message arrives, regardless of any rules affecting the message. one of my directors only receives message going and staying in his inbox but not for any messages that are subsequently moved to different folders. Help? Thanks ...

Weird Error Message on Launch
When I launch a spreadsheet directly from a filename in Explorer or from a desktop icon, the spreadsheet opens, but I receive the following error message: "A document with the name "xxxxx.xxx" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name ..." If I click Okay, the error message disappears, of course, and my spreadsheet is open, ready to go. But there is no second copy open. If I open Excel, then open the spreadsheet, I do not get the error message. It's not like a debilitating problem ... just something that shouldn't be happening that...

If WB not there; give message: What am I doing wrong?
Sub DEC_NY_AutoShape22_Click() ' ' AutoShape21_Click Macro ' Macro recorded 8/31/2009 by Rick Green ' Application.ScreenUpdating = False ' 'Dim wb As Workbook 'On Error Resume Next 'Set wb = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("DEC") 'On Error GoTo 0 'If wb Is Nothing Then ' MsgBox "Year not active for this month." 'Else ChDir _ "C:\Documents and Settings\RICK\My Documents\Calendar\Y2010" Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "C:\Documents and Settings\RICK\My Documents\Calenda...

How do I get e-mail addresses to be in hyperlink automatically
In the older version of Windows I could type an e-mail address or web site as I was preparing a letter and it would automatically put into a hyperlink mode. How do I do this with Windows 7? It has nothing to do with the version of Windows. What version of Word do you have? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Cyclone57" <Cyclone57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0E26C20-6C34-452F-A001-0F2BE2F50EBF@microsoft.com... > In the older version of Windows I could type an e-mai...

Correction of my e-first e-mail : how to permanently customize the Default Folder option on Excel 2000 ?
Correction of my e-first e-mail : Good day dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. Please I need Your allways priceless advises. I'm working with Excel 2000 installed directly installed at the hard drive of my computer. I cannot permanently customize the Default Folder option in "Tools\Options\Default Folder\General". It works only during the current Windows session, a pc reboot would change again the Default Folder option to the former one. Is there any way to permanently customize the Default Folder option. Thank-You Octavio If you are working in a co...

Link to send file to an e-mail address
How do I create a link within a workbook to send that workbook to an indicated email address? Thanks. PJ, The following code will create an Outlook MailItem with the current workbook as the attachment Set myOlApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") 'Dim myOlApp As New Outlook.Application Set myitem = myOlApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) myitem.Display myitem.Recipients.Add Sheet1.Range("a2").Value myitem.Attachments.Add ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & ThisWorkbook.Name http://HelpExcel.com "-PJ" wrote: > How do I create a link within a wo...

outlook 2007 Imap folder not downloading messages #2
I have 13 folders in my imap account. One folder stopped downloading messages. It shows 6 unread messages on the folder name, but there are no unread messages to be seen. Sometime last week, it just stopped downloading messages for this folder. I ran Scanpst across the pst file, but no problems were found. I tried resetting the views, but still no unread messages. This happened before and I had to redownload all messages - but I have 1 gig of email in my entire mailbox, I can't keep re-downloading email every 3 weeks. I think part of the problem is that I have a very slow internet c...

Distribution List
Hello, We have a SBS2003 with Exchange Server 2003 running. For the purpose of this post, <mydomain.com> refers to our Internet domain. The Exchange Server acts as the primary mail server for <mydomain.com>. We have a Organizational Unit created called External Contacts. This has several mail-enabled users who belong to another domain <seconddomain.com>. A Distribution List has been created with a mix of External Contacts and SBS2003 users. Specifically, we have 32 contacts from <seconddomain.com> and 4 users from <mydomain.com>. E-mails sent to the DL ...

mail stuck in queue HELPPPPP!
Hi I have an exchange 2k3 server. Our server has a PTR record setup, using internal dns servers, no dns forwarders in exchange. Our problem is that we have mail that once in a while gets stuck in the Queue but it does not show as "retry" state. But when I look at mail that is stuck it shows a retry time. When I click on properties of the mail that is waiting to get sent there is no helpful information. I can resolve the domains where the mail is headed to with no problem using NSLOOKUP. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem or why is just all of the sudden began....

Disable the forward mail function when user is out of the office.
Hi all Have any people know that how to disable the forward mail function in "Tools" > "Out of Office Assistant" > "Add Rule" , even just only allow user type the message on "AutoReply only once to each sender with the following text" and disallow add any rule. Is it possiable ? Thanks you for your help. Thanks Philip Philip Tsang wrote: > Hi all > > Have any people know that how to disable the forward mail function in > "Tools" > "Out of Office Assistant" > "Add Rule" , even just only > all...