Repeats messages sent

I send a message and the person receiving it may receive
as much as ten copies one right after the other one. My
outgoing box shows the message there forever, but with a
sent date and time.
How can I make sure it is sent only one time and shouldn't
it go to sent instead of just hang in outgoing.
Occurrs most of the time, not all of the time.
Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Purging duplicate messages
I am using both Outlook and OE. Using both I want to export my OE local files and import them into Outlook for a permanent record. But over time I have accumalated my duplicate messages in Outlook. Is there some way of purging all Dups in Outlook? Yhanks, Tom The best way to do remove duplicates would be to sort by a date. Reveived, sent, create, but most likely the modify date will do the trick. If you do not see the modify date in your view you can add it by modifying the Current View and adding modified to the list of fields in the Inbox. You may be able to sort by the mofied da...

Sharing messages & contacts between users
Hello, my wife and have upgraded from Win98 and Outlook Express to Win2000 Pro and Outlook 2003... what a time warp! My question is, it's nice to have separate Win2k usernames so she can have a messy desktop and I can have a simple one with web content on the desktop, etc. But when using Outlook 2003, I want both of us to see the same email inbox, same list of unread/read emails, same contacts, same sent items, and so on. I don't want to repeat an email she's already answered or have two sets of contacts for us both. How can I configure Outlook to do that with separate Windo...

replying to email deletes original message
can anyone help with this problem. everytime I reply to an email that is sent to me, the original disappears from my computer. Outlook 2000 on WinMe Is it deleted or just hidden as you have a view applied, such as "Unread Messages?" --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Douglas Norton asked: | can anyone help with this problem. everytime I repl...

Automatically add sent messages to different folder
Does anybody know if Outlook 2002 or later can be set-up to automatically add outgoing e-mails to a personal folder of your choosing? I'd like to be able to do this on a message by message basis, rather than by rules. Lotus Notes had this capability that brought up a dialog box with all the personal folders listed & let you select one each time. If this feature doesn't exist, does anybody know of an add-in that will accomplish the same purpose? Thanks, You can set the save folder on a per message basis by pressin the Options... button while composing a message. -- Robert S...

Message Follow-up doesn't
Outlook 2003 Windows XP Professional Lately when I've flagged emails for follow-up the pop-up messages that would remind me that the follow-up is due hasn't been appearing. This has started happening since I had to have my laptop rebuilt. Any suggestions? Thanks, Rob ...

Error Messages 03-17-05
I have started getting a lot of error messages that simply say, "error, please see system administrator" when I am trying to close opportunities. Well, I am the system administrator and not knowing any specifics about an error leaves me nowhere to start looking to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas? Take a look at the event log on the server, it usually provides more detail on the error message. Be sure that the following key is set in the web.config file. <add key="LogErrors" value="On"/> "Dave" wrote: > I have started getting a lo...

Outlook 2003 rules, check messages after sending, not working
Since upgrading to Outlook 2003 (from 2000) we are experiencing problem when using rules and sending messages from other applications (a attachment) We have some rules defined that check messages after sending, dependin on certain words in the subject, the message is moved to another folder This works with no problems when sending messages via outlook but whe sending (as attachment) with word, for example, the message does no get moved. This worked with no problems in Outlook 2000. Also still occurs afte SP2 installation. :( Any advice would be appreciated -- rowland -------------------...

Same message received many times
Outlook 2002 downloads the same message hundreds of times. Outlook is set to leave a copy of message on server, and delete mail after 4 days, and delete when deleted from deleted items. Any idea what can cause this? Thanks. What sort of mail account(s) do you have? Is it only one particular message that gets downloaded repeatedly, or do you get all messages over and over? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "jerry" <jmascari@instantlink.com> wrote in message news:01f901c35d02$baa1...

Word document sent by Mac client lost encoding when opened in OWA
When a Macintosh users sends a Word or Excel document(with the proper Windows extentions) the Word document loses its encoding when you try to open it with the OWA. The Excel document is unrecognized. When you open the message with an Outlook client on Windows or Mac the attachments are fine. ...

Deleting Test Messages
Hi I am running Outlook 2002 on a Win XP box. I have 8 e-mail accounts, when I was setting them, as part of the e-mail set-up wizard I pressed the 'Test account settings' button. This works fine BUT for the accounts I only want to receive mail from because I don't have access to the SMTP server of those accounts a test message is sent. This of course fails. Every time I run Outlook now it tries to send these test messages, how do I delete them ?? as they do not show in the outbox folder. Many thanks, Jiddster jid@mi55.screaming.net You can also try to set the SMTP server of y...

save full, raw message including header to txt Outlook 2002
I need to save a full, unformatted email message including header information to a txt file using Outlook 2002. How do I do that? with 2002, the best option is pocketknife peek (http://www.xintercept.com/pkpeek.htm) or using OE. Outlook 2002 doesn't have a full source option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlo...

plots sent to to a chart tab do not show plot & I loss the plot
I have a spreadsheet that has a chart tab with a plot of data from another part of the spreadsheet. Now, however, the chart is empty and when I try to send any plot to a chart tab the plot is lost and the chart tab is empty. This is happening now in all my spreadsheets the plot can be created within a spreadsheet but as soon as I move it to a tab the plot is lost and the chart tab has nothing in it. !!!????!!!! ...

Unable to send message
When trying to send a message to a certain email address get this error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 22 Sent: 12/1/2004 8:43 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Ron Home' on 12/1/2004 8:43 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Water Office;l=WATER_NT2-041201134322Z-92 Any help would be great, Ron T. On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:10:25 -0500, "Ron T." <rtuell@haverhillwater.com> wrote: >When trying to send a message to a certain email address ge...

Relay denied error message
I have experienced this only twice in the past two or three weeks, it looks like when someone sends an email they are getting a bounce back that states The following recipient(s) could not be reached: XXXXXXXXX on 11/10/2005 8:13 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <XXXXXXXXX#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <XXXX@XXXXXXX.com>... Relaying denied. Please check your mail first.> Can anyone help me out and tell me where to look to see if this is an error on my end. I appreciate you des...

Messages remain in Outbox
My messages remain in my Outbox and are not being sent. I'm using Outlook 2000 and the account is set up as Internet mail. All settings have been checked and I have gone through all of the related help topics on the computer and online. There are no rules set up; I have re- opened messages from Outbox and clicked "Send" and they still remain - although they 'briefly' change to italic, they revert back quickly. The account was working and sending messages last week, and I'm still receiving messages ok. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Kar...

Message Boxes
When displaying a message box how do you insert rows, carriage returns and place bullit points on left hand side of box. I've seen how to do it somewhere and I know it's dead simple but can't remember where!!! Thanx all!!! Mikey, Use the concatenate operator, &, with the Chr(10) (line feed) code: MsgBox "First line" & chr(10) & "Second line" To keep the code cleaner-looking, you may want to use the form: MsgBox "This is the first line" & Chr(10) & _ "This is the second" & Chr(10) & _ "And the fina...

Outlook not sending messages
Hello there I am having an issue with Outlook XP and what happens is when I create a new message and send it, it will go to the Outbox and wait there. It will send as soon as I click on the Outbox itself or another folder within outlook today. Any ideas why it doesnt just go to the recipient right away? Thanks for any help provided. wieck Are you using exchange server? your firewall is causing problems with NAT. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Vi...

message comes up when click a cell
I have been trying to work out how to get a message to come up when you click on a cell. I have attached an example of what I am trying to do, which was in another spreadsheet which I had, but I didn't make it. I noticed the feature and wondered how to do it? Thank you for your help :p File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=300547 (example.jpg) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ use DATA/VALIDATION menu. i think "Input...

deactivate 'welcome message' on pop3; smtp ... protocols
Hi NG, I'd like to make this Exchange Server 2003 silent. Right now, all default information about the version of this server etc. will be shown as a welcome message, when i connect via pop3, smtp etc. But is there any function or trick how to deactivate this? how to make the exchange server silent? I tried to google and searching, but how ever, i still don't know... best regards Jan See this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/change-POP3-IMAP4-SMTP-banner-Exchange-2003.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "Jan Schmidt" <histery@gmx.net> wrote in messa...

outlook '02/xp/slows down reading messages.
Summary of hardware: Pentium 4, 1 gig. memory All scsi (39160, adaptec) Summary of software: xp pro service pack 1 and all critical upgrades xp office pro all critical upgrades. Problem: after a few hours outlook slows to a crawl scrolling through e-mails and reading them. if i reboot the computer the scrolling and reading are back to normal speed. no other program is slowed down at all. have archives and compressed archives.pst and outlook.pst Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. are you using any addins? -- "richard j. boris" <rboris@msn.com> wrote in messa...

Outlook 2002 message stays in Outbox
When I send an email message, it stays in the Outbox until I click on the Outbox then the message is sent. ...

Create file to be sent to IRS for 1099
How do I create 1099's? How do I create a file to be sent to the IRS for 1099's? I would start by reading the Payables manual. It has a section on creating 1099s. For the file, you need to go to a third party solution like Greenshades (www.greenshades.com). -- Charles Allen, MVP "janieb" wrote: > How do I create 1099's? > How do I create a file to be sent to the IRS for 1099's? > > ...

Signatures in incoming messages
Hello all I wrote a VBA program that scans incoming messages and especially the Message Body for keywords. Since I receive digitally signed messages I can't access the message body any longer, the VBA program returns an error. Can someone tell me how to access the body or how to delete the signature? Thanks a lot. As far as I know you can't with VBA code. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "FME...

Unread Messages Folder in Favorites Folders
I used to have an unread mail folder in my favorite folders. Somewhere along the way it disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back. It is nowhere within my 'All Mail Folders' folder tree. This actually happended on a couple of my machines. I know I can setup a 'View' that shows me only unread messages in the current folder. However the other folder showed me uread meassages throught my whole folder tree and all accounts. Thanx. Look in the All Mail Folders tree under Search Folders. If it's not there, right click the Search Folders folder and s...

Outlook 2003 Message-ID madness!
Reposting message previously from exchange.misc forum due to no replies! ----------------------------------------------------------- Hi all... I have recently acquired Exchange 2003 along with enough CAL's for all my users, which includes Outlook 2003. So, I have been upgrading users to O2K3, most are now using the new version, but I haven't got Exchange installed yet. A number of my users have recently started complaining that some of our contacts are not receiving their emails. Upon further investigation with the admins at the receiving end, it seems that their spam filters a...