Rename/Delete/Deactivate Junk Mail Folder

Hi!
Does somebody know how I can delete/rename or deactivate the Junk Mail
folder in Outlook 2003?
If I delete this folder, it will be re-created in the next Outlook start.
I've read that Junk Mail folder is an built-in and cannot be renamed/deleted
or deactivated?!
Please help!

Thanks
Mustafa
0
mustafa (157)

That is correct. Why do you need to get rid of it/rename it?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> Does somebody know how I can delete/rename or deactivate the Junk Mail
> folder in Outlook 2003?
> If I delete this folder, it will be re-created in the next Outlook start.
> I've read that Junk Mail folder is an built-in and cannot be
> renamed/deleted
> or deactivated?!
> Please help!
>
> Thanks
> Mustafa

0
Roady
9/20/2004 11:39:16 AM
Hi Robert!

I have 5 IMAP4 profiles in Outlook 2003. Each IMAP folder has Junk Mail
folder. But I want only ONE Junk Mail folder and delete the other ones.
Is there no way to delete them?
Or perhaps I can deactivate them? But how?

Best Regards
Mustafa

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> That is correct. Why do you need to get rid of it/rename it?
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> > Does somebody know how I can delete/rename or deactivate the Junk Mail
> > folder in Outlook 2003?
> > If I delete this folder, it will be re-created in the next Outlook start.
> > I've read that Junk Mail folder is an built-in and cannot be
> > renamed/deleted
> > or deactivated?!
> > Please help!
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mustafa

0
mustafa (157)
9/20/2004 12:51:01 PM
You can't. Even when you disable the Junk E-mail Filter the folder will be
required.

--

> Hi Robert!
>
> I have 5 IMAP4 profiles in Outlook 2003. Each IMAP folder has Junk Mail
> folder. But I want only ONE Junk Mail folder and delete the other ones.
> Is there no way to delete them?
> Or perhaps I can deactivate them? But how?
>
> Best Regards
> Mustafa
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> That is correct. Why do you need to get rid of it/rename it?
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>
>> -----
>> "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi!
>> > Does somebody know how I can delete/rename or deactivate the Junk Mail
>> > folder in Outlook 2003?
>> > If I delete this folder, it will be re-created in the next Outlook
>> > start.
>> > I've read that Junk Mail folder is an built-in and cannot be
>> > renamed/deleted
>> > or deactivated?!
>> > Please help!
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Mustafa

0
Roady

Deleting Anything Duplicate
I have a report that I run weekly in Excel and import it into Access. The primary key is the customer number, and the constant should be the order date. Since the report pulls all information old and new, I have to be careful and delete all the information from last week. Problem occurred when employees started to change the order date on the customer numbers and now we have duplicates that are hard to find and we can no longer sort by dates to remove duplicates. I want to create a query that only pulls the records that do not have duplicates, or one that deletes any record with ...

Can not open folders containing emails. Says server not availble
I cannot open my folder for email files in Outlook. Get error message saying "set of folders could not be opened. Server is not available. Contact your administrator." What version of Outlook? What type of email acount/profile was created for Outlook to use? Did this work before? "Gil Moorman" <Gil Moorman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:821C5535-AAD2-4C13-9BD4-C9EE4BB2798A@microsoft.com... > I cannot open my folder for email files in Outlook. Get error message saying > "set of folders could not be opened. Server is not a...

Deleting corrupt sending email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap I have a corrupt email that keeps trying to be sent, but then return the error message that it cannot be sent (presumably because its corrupt). I can still send emails, it's just this one that's stuck as as there's no 'outbox' I can't see it to delete. Can anyone let me know how I can get rid of it? <br> Thanks. Quit Entourage, then relaunch it while holding down the Shift key. This will disable any schedules that run at startup, i.e. Entourage won't try ...

Receiving e-mail requires
Today for the first time, when I open outlook and attempt to receive e-mail, a dialog box opens. It says to "Enter Network Password" and has my e-mail Server, Username, and Password are listed along with a box to "Save password in your password list". when I click to Save and ok the Box reopens exactly the same, and I haven't been able to receive an e-mail. If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Serve...

Delete cell contents while retaining formulas
I want to delete cell contents from cells I select without deleting the formulas. How do I accomplish this? Thanks in advance.. Hi - select your range - hit F5, click 'Special' and check 'Constants' - now hit the DEL key -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dave A." <cyberayk@excite.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Oo4ybUJ2EHA.1144@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to delete cell contents from cells I select without deleting the > formulas. How do I accomplish this? > > Thanks in advance.. > > ...

Deleting N/A value in a spreadsheet with V-Look Up
Hi I have a large spreadsheet of Data that contains a Vlook up to anothe sheet. I need to sum the figures however the V-Look up is returnin some N/A values which the autosum doen't recognize. How do I delet these or make them equal to zero? thanks -- JOConno ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JOConnor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1661 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31482 Hi you may change your formulas to =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),"",VLOOKUP(...)) or for...

templates in folder list in Outlook 2002
I was wondering if anybody has figured out a way to get templates to appear in the folder list using Outlook 2002. I have numeous templates that I use daily and having them in the folder list would be so much easier than the 'choosing form' dialog box each time. Thanks. ...

Signature gets deleted
I create a message, insert a signature and click on which account to use to send the message. As soon as I select an account the signature gets deleted (rest of the message remains intact). If I create the message and select the account to use before inserting the signature all is fine. Any idea what is going on? PE, you wrote on Sat, 3 Mar 2007 16:46:54 -0000: > I create a message, insert a signature and click on which account to use to > send the message. As soon as I select an account the signature gets deleted > (rest of the message remains intact). > > If I...

Recover Deleted Items in Outlook 2000
I recently had a user that lost all items in the "Deleted Items" folder and needs to rocover them. I am using Outlook 2000 and wouls appreciate any information on how or where to view these items. Do you use Exchange server? If so, and it's configured for deleted item retention, you can get the items back if they were deleted within that time frame (however long retention is set for). If you don't use Exchange server, or even if you do and you use PST files for delivery (ick), you may be out of luck - but see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/recover_deleted.htm for one pos...

Why are my calendar entries deleting automatically after 6 mos.
I noticed that the appointments in my calendar are disappearing from my calendar after 6 mos. How can I stop this from happening? It's caused by either your Auto Archive settings or your PDA settings. Marbeck wrote: > I noticed that the appointments in my calendar are disappearing from my > calendar after 6 mos. How can I stop this from happening? Are you syncing with a PDA or smartphone? That is the typical cause... otherwise, check your autoarchive settings - tools, options, other, autoarchive and also on the folder properties. See http://www.slipstick.com/tutor...

Deleting 1 folder across multiple Mailboxes
We created a duplicate junk mail folder and want to delete it across multiple mailboxes. Is there a utility that will do this or do we need to open each mailbox individually? We have 1200 mailboxes. Thank you Exmerge.exe will do this...it is available at download.microsoft.com. "Griff" <Griff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:886F1600-5F60-43F1-9F64-968C2F0FB115@microsoft.com... > We created a duplicate junk mail folder and want to delete it across > multiple > mailboxes. Is there a utility that will do this or do we need to open > each &...

Templates in excel start folder not working
I'm developing an excel app which stores it's code in a template. I would like to place this template somewhere that is visible to all users, which the excel documentation suggests is the "xlstart" folder. When I place my template in this folder it does appear in the list when I try to create a new document, but I can not actually create a document from it (clicking on the template name has no effect). Any ideas on what's going on? The same template works fine if I put it under my documents and settings template directory. I'm using Excel 2003 Pro SP1. - Rick Do ...

E-mail Problem
I have an e-mail server running Windows NT4 SP6a and Exchange 5.5 sp3. When a user of mines attempts to send to one agent out side of the company we receive the below error message. What could be going on. Thanks Reason: Fatal error sending message: No legal recipients Sending message to mdeaton@custard.com -----------------First 8192 bytes of------------------- ------- Unsent message enclosed after this line ------- Received: by exchange.sgic.com from localhost (mail daemon,slmail V5.1); Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:10:11 -0500 Received: from exchange.sgic.com [10.10.10.24] by exchange.sgic.co...

Outlook 2003 and Yahoo Mail Download
1 Message on Yahoo Server (Forced Migration by AT&T to Yahoo Mail). Setup deletes messages on server after download. Download into Outlook 2003 SP3. Same message appears in my inbox 2 to 8 times. Same date, time, content, message header. After download, message on server is gone. Mostly with Yahoo groups but also from private individuals. Duplicate emails vary from 2 to 8. OS XP Pro SP3 - Outlook 2003 SP3. One primary mail account (originally with Bellsouth - still uses Bellsouth address) one sub-account (same as primary). Different usernames. Both configured to download fro...

Restoring a single mail message with Ex 2003
I am trying to restore a single mail message with Exchange 2003 and Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 This works for most users ok, but one user so far it failed - he got the following email: " VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers has activated the mailbox receiving this message. After verifying that all other mailbox contents have been restored, you can delete this message. For more information, please contact your system administrator or refer to the job history for job <Restore 00015>." and then the job to restoe the message completed 100% but the email didnt appear in the users...

Deleted Anonymous user in Calendar
Hi there, One of my users deleted the anonymous user in the Calendar permissions, and now cannot show his time as being blocked off with generic coloured bars for free/busy times. We are running Exchange Server 2003. We have tried the Symprex tool with no luck, and re-creating an "anonymous" user has not worked. Thanks, Alex What version of Outlook? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36D20FE1-BE0A-4588-BC23-AE47B0B9D8F0@microsoft.com... &g...

e-mail signatures
When I edit my signature for outgoing e-mials there is a button for "advanced edit" that takes me into Word. I added a .bmp file for my logo and it looks great in the Word editor and even back in Outlook in the Signature picker window. But the results of the actual signature in an outgoing e-mail are not the same. For example it double spaces all the lines of my signature where I had them single spaced. Any ideas? Edit the signature again. Go to the end of each line and click DELETE to remove the hard Carriage Return. Hold the Shift key and click the enter key to insert a ...

new e-mail
need to set up my e-mail. dont know where to get the info they need From your mail server. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7B39132-E6F9-45E7-ADDA-DA234D0A023C@microsoft.com... > need to set up my e-mail. dont know where to get the info they need Do you have an existing email addres...

Importing mail
I am changing laptops and would like to somehow import my mail, (Sent, Deleted, etc) into the new laptop...I have searched and cannot find out how to do this. All I find answers on importing from outlook express into outlook. Does anyone have the answers? From the old laptop, in Outlook, File...export and import. Export the data to a .pst file. Copy this file to the new laptop then from the new Outlook, file...export and import. Import the .pst file. >-----Original Message----- >I am changing laptops and would like to somehow import my >mail, (Sent, Deleted, etc) into the ...

HELP WITH A MAIL MERGE
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm ...

Windows Live Mail Issues...
Hi there... I have been using Windows Live Mail to access my hotmail and yahoo email accounts from my desktop successfully, without any probs, for about a year now. Two days ago I suddenly started getting 'please enter your user name and password for the following account' for yahoo over and over and over again. I enter it and the message just pops back up. Any ideas??? I've checked all the POP settings - all fine. A few details... using Windows XP home edition. Yahoo Plus! account ? U.S. Based account ? Account accessible at http://mail.yahoo.com/ ? ...

create new mail item from current item
Greetings, How can I create a new mail item from the active inspector current item? Thank you, Please provide more details on what you want to do. In other words, what does the current item have to do with the new item you want to create? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "lindstrom" wrote: > Greetings, > How can I create a new mail item from the active inspector current item? > Thank you, > > --- > fr...

Deleted items
I'd like for my deleted items to be listed in date order when deleted rather than the date they were originally received. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d66c023f-3eed-461f-bfa3-01769e...

How do I delete excess pages from a file?
I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook. What does the file look like from your end? Has it got 1,700 pages or just one? "deejai03" wrote: > I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told > me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook. In Excel jargon a File is a workbook. A workbook can have multiple worksheets. A worksheet can have multiple pages when printed. What exactly is the...

Sends mail but stays in outbox?
Hi. I have 6 e-mails in my outbox that keep being sent, but stay in my outbox. I cannot delete them, they are always there. When i compose a new e-mail it adds to this list. Everytime I close outlook the "you have messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them know" message pops up. I am using outlook express 2003 on a POP3 account with Windows XP. Please help. Thanks, Sean There is no such beast as Outlook Express 2003. It is either Outlook = 2003 or Outlook Express (version 5 or 6). If Outlook Express, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 = from the Office fam...