Rename a folder, but "rename" is not active

Somehow Outlook renamed my "inbox" folder.

I want to change the name back, but the rename function is disabled.

How do I do this?

Thanks

0
RC99 (4)

you need to start outlook with the /resetfoldernames switch.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Rick C" <RC99@ddd.com> wrote in message
> Somehow Outlook renamed my "inbox" folder.
>
> I want to change the name back, but the rename function is disabled.
>
> How do I do this?
>
> Thanks

0
outlookmvp (5838)
2/7/2007 5:06:37 AM
What version of Outlook are you using and what type email account?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging  -- WA7BGX

"Rick C" <RC99@ddd.com> wrote in message
> Somehow Outlook renamed my "inbox" folder.
>
> I want to change the name back, but the rename function is disabled.
>
> How do I do this?
>
> Thanks

0
hhh6225 (363)
2/7/2007 5:13:59 AM
"Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
> What version of Outlook are you using and what type email account?

OL 2000 sr1;  mail is pop/smtp dialup.

> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging  -- WA7BGX
> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "Rick C" <RC99@ddd.com> wrote in message
>> Somehow Outlook renamed my "inbox" folder.
>>
>> I want to change the name back, but the rename function is disabled.
>>
>> How do I do this?
>>
>> Thanks

0
RC99 (4)
> you need to start outlook with the /resetfoldernames switch.
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm

Doesn't work. I get "invalid command" message. This is OL2000 sr1.

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Rick C" <RC99@ddd.com> wrote in message
>> Somehow Outlook renamed my "inbox" folder.
>>
>> I want to change the name back, but the rename function is disabled.
>>
>> How do I do this?
>>
>> Thanks

0
RC99 (4)
2/7/2007 11:10:44 PM
OK, with Outlook 2000, these might work:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249750/en-us
Your Inbox folder may be renamed when you delete an appointment in Outlook
2000
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198469/en-us
XCLN: How to Rename the Inbox in Outlook

Hal
--

> "Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
> > What version of Outlook are you using and what type email account?
>
> OL 2000 sr1;  mail is pop/smtp dialup.
>

> > Hal
> > --
> > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging  -- WA7BGX
> > http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
> > KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4
> > Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
> >
> > "Rick C" <RC99@ddd.com> wrote in message
> >> Somehow Outlook renamed my "inbox" folder.
> >>
> >> I want to change the name back, but the rename function is disabled.
> >>
> >> How do I do this?
> >>
> >> Thanks

0
hhh6225 (363)

Rename C:\Users\vintage4002
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit Service Pack 2 Single user C:\Users\vintage4002 can I rename this folder? From: "eXistenZ" <mosaic@amaret.net> | Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit | Service Pack 2 | Single user | C:\Users\vintage4002 can I rename this folder? Is there a User Account on the system named 'vintage4002' ? -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp Yes- it was created when Vista was installed and is my primary account. I created another account for...

how do i rename a sheet if the rename tab is inactive?
I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option is inactive when i right-clicked on the sheet. How do i make it active ? Hi, This would happen if the 'workbook' was protected. Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Nelson" wrote: > I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option > is inactive when i right-clicked on the ...

how do i create a macro to rename worksheets in excel?
I have a list of loan numbers that I want to use to rename worksheet tabs, any way to do that? I have used the following previously:- Sub Rename() Sheets("old name").Select Sheets("old name").Name = "new name" End Sub Hope this helps "Waki" wrote: > I have a list of loan numbers that I want to use to rename worksheet tabs, > any way to do that? Thanks, but I'm new to VB...I'm going to need a little more help. "Pank Mehta" wrote: > I have used the following previously:- > Sub Rename() > Sheets("...

how do I rename a sheet
aargh...All I want to do is rename an open sheet so that it reads English9 rather than Sheet 1....easy enough, one would think. I right click on the tab, type in the text. First time I did this, it was renamed as ..xls]English9. I tried again as I didn't like the .xls] in front of my chosen title. Now I am stuck. The message I get states that I have entered an invalid name, that it must be 31 characteres or less, certain forbidden symbols, etc. I can't save the spreadsheet, or work on it, until I can resolve the name issue--It won't let me do anything. please help jo...

Excel Spreadsheets Keep Being Renamed
Hi, I working on a small network, and users keep reporting that excel files are missing. When we go to the location of the original file, we find that it has been renamed with a (seemingly random) alphanumeric name, and is no longer recognised as an excel spreadsheet. If the file is renamed (and as an excel spreadsheet) it works fine, and no data appears to have been lost. We recently upgraded from Server 2000 to Server 2003. Adding to the mystery, staff in our I.T. Section do not appear to be effected. Does anybody know why this is happening, and how we can stop it? Thanks. Wh...

Rename Cell Name
hey all, i have change the cell anem from A1 to StartCell. Bu, how can i rename it back to A1 or change it to another name? Thanks in advance Regards Dragon Hi Dragon go into insert / name / define - you can delete the name there and create another if you wish. Cheers JulieD "Dragon" <Dragon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6A6510E-0233-4B2A-8A0C-F16F73585CBA@microsoft.com... > hey all, i have change the cell anem from A1 to StartCell. Bu, how can i > rename it back to A1 or change it to another name? > Thanks in advance > Regards > Drago...

Show renamed user fields in PWA
In Project Pro 2007 I've defined the "text1" field to display as "Task Type". How do I get this to carry over into PWA? The published project shows "Text1" as the field heading. Pete Hay Hi Pete, You need to do this via the Enterprise Custom Fields in Server settings. Create a task field of type text and call it Task Type. Open up project, and you'll find it's available to everyone. -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Pete Hay" wrote: > In Project Pro 2007 I'...

Need to rename file extension if files are older then 36 hours
Hello, I need a script that can rename file extensions for files in a specific folder if they are older than 36 hours. Any help with this is greatly appreciated! -Marc "Marc M" <marc.manfredi@gmail.com> said this in news item news:db14ca4e-d70e-443c-956d-3e6fb7542431@k5g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I need a script that can rename file extensions for files in a > specific folder if they are older than 36 hours. > > Any help with this is greatly appreciated! > > -Marc Have a look at the DateDiff function. It lets yo...

Rename all folder names to lowercase
How to rename all folder names to lowercase. All examples found with google faild. Anna Hi Anna, Windows doesn't do case sensitive names so you must go through an intermediate name. For example... # Get all folders in the current folder containing upper-case # characters in the name Get-ChildItem | ?{ $_.PsIsContainer -And $_.Name -CMatch "[A-Z]" } | %{ # Get the lower case version of the name $Name = $_.Name.ToLower() # Rename the item to a temporary name, using PassThru to return # the renamed item $TempItem = Rename-Item -Path $_.F...

Rename a mutual fund in a specific account
I have three different accounts. In each of the accounts I have a fund labeled "Small Money Market" During the past several years, I have been purchasing shares of "Small Money Market" in two of the accounts. In one of the Accounts, I would like to rename "Small Money Market" to "Small Money Market/SB" because the fund really is different. I can where I can do a global rename, but can I rename a fund in just one account? In microsoft.public.money, Dennis wrote: >I have three different accounts. In each of the accounts I have a fund >...

administrator renamed
I have renamed the administrator account , but now I cannot login to get the renamed administrators email via imap / pop3 . help please ! -- -------------------- Rgds Martin King ________________ Internet Services by http://www.utopiacom.net On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:29:34 +0100, "martin" <mk@nospam.cxm> wrote: >I have renamed the administrator account , but now I cannot login to get the >renamed administrators email via imap / pop3 . > >help please ! You'll need to use a different syntax to log in: domain\user\administrator where domain is the netbios dom...

Rename domain name #2
I have 2 servers, Server1: Windows server 2003 Active Directory (Domain Controller) DNS server Exchange server 2003 SQL Server 2000 SP3 settings for LCS 2005 SP1 Server2: Windows server 2003 member of server1 (joined) Exchange server 2003 LCS 2005 SP1 I want to rename the domain name from home.domain.com to 123.com... I'm usign Exchange server 2003, SQL Server 2000 SP3 and LCS 2005 SP1... Is it possible? how? The e-mail domain or the Windows domain? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "mygreenland80" <mygreenland80...

Reproducable bug with Access 2007 runtime: macro, rename table does not work
Dear all, I have a macro renaming the table X to A. This macro works fine when access 2K3 is installed. With run-time 2007 (and perhaps with Access 2007 also), I don't get any error message and the rename is done. (Run-time allows me to delete and import objects, but not to rename?) The table has no relations. Can someone tell me if there is a patch/workaround for this? Seems to be to be a (severe) bug. Regards, Alain It's pretty hard to debug and figure what the problem is with zero information here. I would probably strongly suggest that you rewrite the code using VBA, and ...

Inbox rename
How to rename the inbox on the outlook 2000. I=B4m=20 administrator network systems. I use an Exchange server=20 2000 Luis <lcarbonell@copaair.com> wrote: > How to rename the inbox on the outlook 2000. I�m > administrator network systems. I use an Exchange server > 2000 Can't be done, as far as I know. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

Add Sheets and rename
I have a workbook with one sheet named Sept. I want to add 11 more sheets, name them Oct - Aug and copy the contents of the original sheet to the new sheets. Then change the value in A3 of each sheet to the sheet name. The name of the initial sheet should be optional. If it was name Jan, the added sheets would be Feb - Dec. TIA Greg GregR wrote: > I have a workbook with one sheet named Sept. I want to add 11 more sheets, > name them Oct - Aug Now if you were using LOTUS, it would do that for you automatically when you created the new sheets! as it is, you'll have to do that bi...

When I rename an file excel cannot find the macros
Guys I'm sure thre is a simple solution to my problem and I would be gratefull if someone could point me in the right direction. The macros in the new file will not run if the old file is closed. Their paths contain the original file name what is the way around this/ Thanks in Advance Kevan Hi Kevan, (posted to public.excel) If you mean the links on the spreadsheet itself, try Bill Manville's FindLink at http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm which I don't appear able to see the main content frame.in either Internet Explorer or in Firefox browsers. I can see ...

how to rename a file #3
What MFC class/function would I use to rename a file. Assume the file is not being accessed by any application. I have typically used the C run time library function 'rename' but his there a comparable MFC or SDK function? Thanks Ian Ian wrote: > What MFC class/function would I use to rename a file. Assume the file is > not being accessed by any application. I have typically used the C run > time library function 'rename' but his there a comparable MFC or SDK > function? An MFC application can call C runtime functions, and SDK functions, as wel...

Outlook Client Address Book not renamed
I've renamed the entity 'Account' to 'Company' in CRM 3.0, but the address book in Outlook is still called 'CRM Accounts' - is there anyway of changing this? thanks in advance. The custom entity name will not display automatically in the ABP. Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider correcting this issue in a future service pack or release. An Issue has been entered into our tracking data base. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "hb" <hb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

How to Rename a Screen Clip page
If I click =93New Page=94, ON2007 creates a blank page and opens a title box, allowing me to give it a title. It inserts the title both at the top of the page , and also on the tab on the right hand side of the page. I can thus rename the page, by changing the data in the title box at the top of the page. But if I use a screen clip, ON creates a page without a title field, a page tab labeled =93screen clipping taken xx/xx/xx=94 and thus no apparent way to rename it. Is there a way to give the screen clipping a new title? One way is to enter the name you want in a blank space a...

rename a database 03-10-08
HELP! I was able to copy information from my existing database to a new one BUT I can not rename it. It is called New Microsoft Access Application. When I want to rename it I get the message "if you change a filename extentsion it may become unusable". How can I rename it? Sounds as though you haven't got Windows Explorer set to display file extensions so you can't see the fact that the file name currently ends with ..mdb. Try tacking that on to the file after you've renamed it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) ...

Can't rename folders
I am using Outlook 2010 beta on Windows Vista. I am using a shared Exchange mailbox for which I have 'Owner' permissions. I can do everything I like including sending mail from this address and creating and removing folders. Under the 'Inbox' there is an extensive folder structure, up to 2 levels deep. Although there are more people authorized to use this mailbox, and may have it included in their active Outlook profile, as far as I know I am the only one who is actively using it. I can rename a folder under the Inbox and move mail in and out. When I read the m...

Help
Help - I have multiple Personal Folders (pst files) that I use. They ALL have the same name, Personal Folders.... Is there anyway to RENAME them. Thank you in advance, Adam Right click, rename. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Adam asked: | Help - I have multiple Personal Folders (pst files) that I | use. They ALL have the same name, Personal Folders.... Is | there anyway to RE...

Input Box to rename a Sheet?
Can I create a macro that uses an input box to rename a Worskheet? I'm trying to combine several macros into one macro. So far, renaming the sheet has been the hardest thing to incorporate. I received an answer earlier on how to rename the active sheet to the value in the active cell. Now, I'm looking for another variation Can I create a macro that uses an iput box to rename a Worskheet Any help would be most appreciated tj sName = InputBox("Supply a new name") If sName <> "" then Worksheets("Sheet1").Name = sName End If -- H...

rename does not work entirely
Hi, we have the problem that if a person is renamed because of a marriage the name of his mailbox displays the old name forever until I create a new outlook profile for that person. How can I automate that the name of the persons are replaced with the accurate ones? Does there exist any trick or do I have to use special tools like Redemptions ProfMan? Thanks for any hint, Michael ...

rename Exch2003 sp1 server
We want to replace our Ex2003 server with one that has better hardware. We are thinking of adding the new server, moving the mailboxes etc to it, and removing the original. Once that is done, we want to rename the server to the old netBIOS name. Is this OK? Also, do we have to do anything in Exchange? Thanks, Neal No. (Well, anything is possible... it's only software) Give it a new name and stick to it. There is little reason to go through the unsupported hassle for esthetics. William "Neal" <neal_@_ap0yar_dot_co_dot_nz> wrote in message news:e25EyM8QFHA.3...