Removing Personal Folder to the Folder List

Hello

I have a problem in removing my other Personal Folder (2003 and 2004
folders) in my Folder list, I already change the Delivery to another Folder
(2005 forlder) then I want to delete the other personal folders.

Can you help me with this, is there something i can do to the registry,
something like that

pls helppp....

0
leoft2 (12)

Unless you migrated your data incorrectly, just R click and close any
folder that is no longer your default.
If you can't, then post the details on your Outlook version and how you
set a new folder as your default.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

ltamisin wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a problem in removing my other Personal Folder (2003 and 2004
> folders) in my Folder list, I already change the Delivery to another Folder
> (2005 forlder) then I want to delete the other personal folders.
>
> Can you help me with this, is there something i can do to the registry,
> something like that
>
> pls helppp....

0
russval1 (2100)
7/4/2005 10:09:31 AM
Normally you should just be able to close it. However sometimes the registry
entries of the profile get inconsitent, for example only one of the two
registry entries making up a service gets deleted and you might end up in a
folder which is displayed but close is disabled and in data files or service
the service is not displayed. You should not directly edit the registry,
because all entries inside the profiles registry tree are linked together by
GUIDs unless you want to edit large hex fields.

I have developed a program for deleting services directly in the registry
which displayes everything in more readable form and on deletion also fixes
the referneces in the main key. You may start it directly from here:
http://www.olfolders.de/Lang/German/OLfix/OLFix.exe, it will display the
english user interface and does not need installation.

After profile selection, it will display some services with "X" in field
used which also are pre-selected, a click on delete deletes the entry. Each
service has at least two registry entries (linked by the parent field) if
you find a service with only one entry, this is also a zombie which should
be deleted.

Thomas Quester
www.olfolders.de

P.S. If anybody has more information about profile storage (for example
where email accounts and outlook address books are stored) please drop me a
line

"ltamisin" <leoft2@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello
>
> I have a problem in removing my other Personal Folder (2003 and 2004
> folders) in my Folder list, I already change the Delivery to another
> Folder
> (2005 forlder) then I want to delete the other personal folders.
>
> Can you help me with this, is there something i can do to the registry,
> something like that
>
> pls helppp....

0
tquester (66)
7/4/2005 11:26:37 AM
Hello Thomas

can you give me the file directly to my email its leoft2@yahoo.com. that was
really a big help for me

thanks

"Thomas Quester" <tquester@msn.com> wrote in message
> Normally you should just be able to close it. However sometimes the
registry
> entries of the profile get inconsitent, for example only one of the two
> registry entries making up a service gets deleted and you might end up in
> folder which is displayed but close is disabled and in data files or
service
> the service is not displayed. You should not directly edit the registry,
> because all entries inside the profiles registry tree are linked together
by
> GUIDs unless you want to edit large hex fields.
>
> I have developed a program for deleting services directly in the registry
> which displayes everything in more readable form and on deletion also
fixes
> the referneces in the main key. You may start it directly from here:
> http://www.olfolders.de/Lang/German/OLfix/OLFix.exe, it will display the
> english user interface and does not need installation.
>
> After profile selection, it will display some services with "X" in field
> used which also are pre-selected, a click on delete deletes the entry.
Each
> service has at least two registry entries (linked by the parent field) if
> you find a service with only one entry, this is also a zombie which should
> be deleted.
>
> Thomas Quester
> www.olfolders.de
>
> P.S. If anybody has more information about profile storage (for example
> where email accounts and outlook address books are stored) please drop me
> line
>
> "ltamisin" <leoft2@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hello
> >
> > I have a problem in removing my other Personal Folder (2003 and 2004
> > folders) in my Folder list, I already change the Delivery to another
> > Folder
> > (2005 forlder) then I want to delete the other personal folders.
> >
> > Can you help me with this, is there something i can do to the registry,
> > something like that
> >
> > pls helppp....

0
leoft2 (12)
7/5/2005 12:51:25 AM
Hello Russ

I already migrated and set my  new folder as the default but i have problem
in deleting my old folders in my folder list. I already done the option
Close "Personal Folders" but the folders still exist in my Folder List.

can you help me with this

thanks

"Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Unless you migrated your data incorrectly, just R click and close any
> folder that is no longer your default.
> If you can't, then post the details on your Outlook version and how you
> set a new folder as your default.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
>
> ltamisin wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I have a problem in removing my other Personal Folder (2003 and 2004
> > folders) in my Folder list, I already change the Delivery to another
Folder
> > (2005 forlder) then I want to delete the other personal folders.
> >
> > Can you help me with this, is there something i can do to the registry,
> > something like that
> >
> > pls helppp....

0
leoft2 (12)
7/5/2005 1:00:06 AM
Then you migrated incorrectly and have a corrupt profile.
Create a new profile.
Migrate correctly:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"ltamisin" <leoft2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello Russ
>
> I already migrated and set my  new folder as the default but i have
> problem
> in deleting my old folders in my folder list. I already done the option
> Close "Personal Folders" but the folders still exist in my Folder List.
>
> can you help me with this
>
> thanks
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Unless you migrated your data incorrectly, just R click and close any
>> folder that is no longer your default.
>> If you can't, then post the details on your Outlook version and how you
>> set a new folder as your default.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>
>> ltamisin wrote:
>> > Hello
>> >
>> > I have a problem in removing my other Personal Folder (2003 and 2004
>> > folders) in my Folder list, I already change the Delivery to another
> Folder
>> > (2005 forlder) then I want to delete the other personal folders.
>> >
>> > Can you help me with this, is there something i can do to the registry,
>> > something like that
>> >
>> > pls helppp....

0
russval1 (2100)

Importing folders
How can I import old folders from a diskette into my new Outlook Express (under "local folders")? Any ideas? Thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=f...

Renamed Junk E-Mail Folder
We're using MS Outlook 2003 (Standard) on several of our Dell laptops. After installing Outlook 2003 on a recently reformatted system, I noticed that my user's "Junk E-Mail" folder is named "Correo no deseado" which loosely means "mail not wanted" in Spanish. Since this is a system folder, the user wasn't able to rename it. Neither my manager nor I have any idea about why this folder has been renamed in Spanish or how to correct the problem. This is the only item in Outlook that has a Spanish translation. Too weird! Any ideas? look for l...

Help with SQL statement- Supplier List cost into cost field in Ite
Hi, I've a customer who has a number of items in their HQ database at zero cost. However, for these items there is a cost price detailed on the Supplier tab. Items carried only have one supplier. They'd like to get this cost copied into the cost price field on the General tab and because we're talking about a few thousand items, this isn't something they want to do by hand! I'm familiar to a point with SQL but because we're talking two seperate tables, I really wouldn't be sure where to start with the syntax. Could someone please point me in the right directi...

Importing five row list from word 2003 to excel
I have a Word five row list I would like to import into Excel in a five column list. Every hundred items or so their is a new heading. What do I do? If it is in a word table you can cut and paste it. But you will have to reformat it. Once you get it into excel you can sort it and delete the duplicate headers. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Removing Outlook #3
I have a bug in my Outlook 2000, that started a week ago. Message is "No trasport provider found". I would like to remove Outlook and reinstall it. I tried Add/remove programs, but can't find how to delete Outlook. It means it's corrupted. Try uninstalling office and download the eraser tool for office from Microsoft. If that doesn't work, then you will have to go into the registry and delete all references to Outlook and not Outlook Express. "Nancy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01e901c3dc80$c77df070$a001280a@phx.gbl....

Favorite Folders reverts to default list when computer shut-down
I have no problem adding, deleting or moving folders in the Favorite Folders pane. The problem is that they all disappear and revert to the default list everytime my computer is shut down. So I have to keep adding the folders back in Is there a way to keep the shortcut folders in the Favorite Folders pane? ...

Contacts are not listed in address book
When I open my address book, there are only two contacts. When I open my contact list it lists all my contacts. What do I need to do to get my full contact list into my address book? Depends a bit on what you have done so far and which version you have. You have given us very little information. Try this: right click your Contacts folder | Address Book | set as an Outlook addess book (tick the box). If it doesn't work, tell us version and how you got your Contacts into Outlook (import etc). -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "Docmoney" <Do...

List of files
All I want to do is get a list of files in a directory so they can be deleted. How do I get this list ? John, > All I want to do is get a list of files in a directory so > they can be deleted. How do I get this list ? You can use FindFirstFile/ FindNextFile/FindClose API functions for enumerating files. If you want to remove directory with its content take a look at SHFileOperation in MSDN. -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "John" <john.f.brownell@wdc.com> wrote in message news:022b01c3788a$bb119ee0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > All I want to do is get a list of files in...

Text to Columns from drop down list update
Hi I need to perform a Text to Column conversion from a drop down list, but I also need the extracted value to be updated if the value in the list is changed. eg: Drop down list has 2 values: 1. 4x16K 2. 8x8K If the user selects 1 I can easily extract out to another cell the value 1 using Text to columns, however if the user then changes the choice to 2 the text to columns extraction is not updated to 2. Is there a way to update changes in the original cell using text to columns? Or is there another way I can assign a value to a drop down menu choice in a different cell while havi...

How to remove attachment in macro or vba code
Is it possible to access any of the builtin dialog boxes especially the one concerning attachments? I am trying to replace the use of OLE in Access 2000 to display text or picture files in a form with the file and folder specified in other fields. ...

Validation
I would like to have combo box functionality for the data validation feature in Excel 2000. This doesn't seem to be available in the native validation setup dialog box. Am I missing something? I would like to display the validated items list in the leftmost column and have column(s) of description display to the right of each list item (so I can tell which list item I should select). Suggestions? Many Thanks, Bill Vallance Bill Debra Dalgleish has instructions for creating dependent DV lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 08 Jun 20...

How do I print a list of my E-mail folders?
I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. "AHD23" <AHD23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BFD12CA-5D55-4376-AF9C-58703042577D@microsoft.com... >I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. I don't believe there's a way to do that, except as a screen shot. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] This might be a workaround for you: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&smp=12&cmd=showitem&lang=en In example #1, replace the line LoopItems Folder.Items by Debug.Print Folder.Name After running the code,...

Constant List
Is there an easy way to return the values of the ChartType constants? Excel 97 does not seem to list them in help and I have not been able to find them in google.group searches. Thanks M Select xlChartTypes in the Classes pane of the object browser. The constants are named in the members panel. If you select one, it provides the numeric equivalent at the bottom of the object browser, e.g., Const xlArea = 1 Member of Excel.XlChartType - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ M wrote: > Is there...

Local folders
G'day, When I go to my Outlook Express, Local Folders The Folder named All forums always comes up opened. It has only just started doing this. When I close it to unopened, ie. + sign it will come up opened, - sign, next time I use Outlook Express. Is there a way to change this? -- chequer When the game is over, the King and the pawn share the same box. This group is for posts concerning MS Office. Outlook Express is not part of Office Please repost giving full details of your Operating system and version of OE. OE newsgroups. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.pu...

What's the function of folder subscription in MS Outlook 2003
Hi, I would like my MS Outlook to show all imap folders in my account, but to run routine updating only on my inbox folder. I would like each of my folders to be updated only when I choose a folder. I checked my folder list and identified a distinction between "all" folders and "subscribed folders". For some reason, all my folders were already subscribed. I've unsubscribed from my folders, but the complete list keeps showing up. Is there anything wrong with my folder list routine, or is my logic erronous? Please suggest a solution? Ran ...

Unable to delete public folder in Exch 5.5
I have 2 exch server 5.5 sp3 under same Org and Site container. 1 of the public folder was created in server b. But server b crashed and left is server a. Even though in the Outlook we can still see the public folder, but in the server a, the public folder does not exist coz it was hosted in server b. I could not delete it and the message says - 'Unable to display the folders.The contents of this public folder is currently unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exch Server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site' Anyone ...

Experts Challenge: MAPI is unable to access Public Folder store items
Goodday to all of you, I have crosspost my messages to several newsgroups. Reason for this is that my previous posts to different newsgroups did not solve the problem. Maybe if I crosspost, there will be an expert that has a solution. Also I am not sure to which group I should post my problem. Maybe this post long-winded, do not see at as material for a novel!!! - I am just trying to explain the exact TERRIBLE situation! ---- ---- ---- ---- I am experiencing a problem with our Public Folder Store. All my users are not be able to access e-mail items in the Public Folders using their Outlo...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

'Recently used file' list.
When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files. Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in this list. Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list, please? TIA, DB. There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the click OK. Then, basically, start again. "DB.&...

Need to remove Contact Folder in Outlook 2000
i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove the entire folder. Do you want to delete them or do something else with them, have you looked at the duplicate checkers here http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#dupes "Rob Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:118b501c3f5b4$d44891f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove > the entire folder. > > Need to remove the entire Contact Folder. >-----Original Message----- >Do you want to delete them or do something else with ...

Address list filter rules
I am trying to create a new address list in Exchange 2003. What I want is all employees and all employee distribution groups. After trying several combinations I added a custom attribute to each employee and to each employee distruction group and entered "Employee" as the value. I then created a new address list with the filter rule which said if the custom attribute 1 = Employee include in the list. Everything is fine except that Query based distribution groups do not show up. So I create a new address list and found that using any filter rule rejects all query based distributi...

CC automatically from distribution list
I am trying to set up a distribution list and trying to automatically cc people from this list (but now all). Is there someway to do this or a macro that can allow this to happen. ...

how do I find a list of databases with correpsponding company name
Hello, I need to know how in GP to pull up a list of our companies with their corresponding SQL database names. I've done this a long time ago and remember it being easy but cannot remember where to do this. SELECT INTERID, CMPNYNAM FROM DYNAMICS..SY01500 "Tim Quiggle" <Tim Quiggle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0ECF5C5-74F9-494E-8C2E-B37EE12C8D0C@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I need to know how in GP to pull up a list of our companies with their > corresponding SQL database names. I've done this a long time ago and > rem...

removing space
Hi, I have data in a column, which precedes by one or more spaces, how do I remove these. thanks Hi one way: =TRIM(A1) Also have a look at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mike wrote: > Hi, I have data in a column, which precedes by one or > more spaces, how do I remove these. > > thanks Try David McRitchie's TrimALL macro, especially if the data is pasted in from an external source, like a web page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall In article <b86d01c4798f$31678a90$a3012...

remove gridlines
How do I remove gridlines permanently when starting new worksheets and workbooks? I know how to turn on the gridlines and format cells with borders if I want them. Jack Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT. Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........ C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART This will be the default workbook for File>New>Workbook. Ex...