Remove the Personal Folders

I can't delete my Personal Folders in Folder list. When I
deleted it, it appeared this message : The operation
failed. An object could not be found.
And i also want to delete it in following step:
1 right click the outlook irons
2 click the properties
3 but i can't see my personal folders in the service bar
why???

0
anonymous (74722)

Personal Folder is the default, it points to the pst file
Why are you trying to delete?
If you have multiple Personal Folders, ie multiple pst's, close it

"eto coffee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't delete my Personal Folders in Folder list. When I
> deleted it, it appeared this message : The operation
> failed. An object could not be found.
> And i also want to delete it in following step:
> 1 right click the outlook irons
> 2 click the properties
> 3 but i can't see my personal folders in the service bar
> why???

0
dl6256 (276)
9/24/2004 9:41:17 AM
I am having a similar problem as below. I am using MS Office/Outlook 2003. I
have 2 personal folders (with custom names) that I no longer need and want to
delete. When I right-click and click Close "Personal folder with custome
name", I get the same message: "The operation failed. An object could not be
found."

How do I delete these folders? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

"DL" wrote:

> Personal Folder is the default, it points to the pst file
> Why are you trying to delete?
> If you have multiple Personal Folders, ie multiple pst's, close it
>
> "eto coffee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I can't delete my Personal Folders in Folder list. When I
> > deleted it, it appeared this message : The operation
> > failed. An object could not be found.
> > And i also want to delete it in following step:
> > 1 right click the outlook irons
> > 2 click the properties
> > 3 but i can't see my personal folders in the service bar
> > why???

0
JGM616 (4)
10/20/2004 1:49:13 PM
JGM616 <JGM616@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am having a similar problem as below. I am using MS Office/Outlook
> 2003. I have 2 personal folders (with custom names) that I no longer
> need and want to delete. When I right-click and click Close "Personal
> folder with custome name", I get the same message: "The operation
> failed. An object could not be found."
>
> How do I delete these folders? Any help would be appreciated.

Do you see them in File>Data File Management?  If not, did you delete the
PST from disk prior to trying to remove them from Outlook?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
10/20/2004 2:19:46 PM
Wow, thanks for your quick response.

No, I do not see them in Data File Management, and yes, I probably deleted
the associated pst's before removing them from Outlook.

Now what do I do to get rid of them?

Janet

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> JGM616 <JGM616@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I am having a similar problem as below. I am using MS Office/Outlook
> > 2003. I have 2 personal folders (with custom names) that I no longer
> > need and want to delete. When I right-click and click Close "Personal
> > folder with custome name", I get the same message: "The operation
> > failed. An object could not be found."
> >
> > How do I delete these folders? Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Do you see them in File>Data File Management?  If not, did you delete the
> PST from disk prior to trying to remove them from Outlook?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
JGM616 (4)
10/20/2004 2:49:06 PM
JGM616 <JGM616@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> No, I do not see them in Data File Management, and yes, I probably
> deleted the associated pst's before removing them from Outlook.

You've corrupted your mail profile.  You must close the PSTs in Outlook and
stop Outlook first before deleting the files.  You can either look for those
folders in the Registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\currentVersion\Windows
Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\yourprofilename and delete them or just create
a new mail profile with Control Panel>Mail.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
10/20/2004 5:11:54 PM
Thanks so much Brian,

I couldn't find them in my Registry key, so I created a new mail profile.
But now I will have to recreate all my Personal Folders, as they don't show
up in my new profile. I had created Personal Folders for my Email archives,
one for each year.

No problem. I'll be more careful about creating them this time.

Thanks again,

Janet

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> JGM616 <JGM616@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > No, I do not see them in Data File Management, and yes, I probably
> > deleted the associated pst's before removing them from Outlook.
>
> You've corrupted your mail profile.  You must close the PSTs in Outlook and
> stop Outlook first before deleting the files.  You can either look for those
> folders in the Registry key
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\currentVersion\Windows
> Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\yourprofilename and delete them or just create
> a new mail profile with Control Panel>Mail.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
JGM616 (4)
10/20/2004 6:45:03 PM
JGM616 <JGM616@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> profile. But now I will have to recreate all my Personal Folders, as
> they don't show up in my new profile.

Just use File>Open>Outlook Data File, browse to them and open them.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Janet

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> JGM616 <JGM616@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > profile. But now I will have to recreate all my Personal Folders, as
> > they don't show up in my new profile.
>
> Just use File>Open>Outlook Data File, browse to them and open them.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
JGM616 (4)

Removing email from inbox upon deletion
I am new to Outlook 2007 and can't seem to find out how to remove my email messages from inbox upon deletion. If its an imap account you have to purge. Or do you simply mean deleted msg go to deleted folder? "lilredhead" <lilredhead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5C5ED6B-0F70-457E-82AF-6A7FA6FFC255@microsoft.com... >I am new to Outlook 2007 and can't seem to find out how to remove my email > messages from inbox upon deletion. ...

Clear Junk E-mail Folder
It seems that rule cannot be set to remove messages from Junk E-mail Folder on exit Outlook. Is there any way to do that? Thanks. I'm using OL2003. ...

Hyperlnk to a cd-rom folder
How but a exel file that has hyper links to the folders on that cd rom with out naming a drive letter since everyone has a different drive letter for their cd rom??? Thanks The excel workbook is stored on that same CD? If yes, this worked ok for me in xl2002 and using my harddrive (not CDROM). File|properties Hyperlink Base: \ (just the backslash) Then I could insert hyperlinks via Insert|Hyperlink and just leave the drive letter off. If the workbook is not on the same cd, you could have a file on the cd to look for, search the CDdrives and determine the drive letter. Then have your mac...

Public Folder is missing objects
I made a mistake. I was migrating from one Exchange 2003 server to another Exchange 2003 server. These were the only two servers in my structure. When I installed the second, I did not give it enough time to properly replicate all of the public folder data before I uninstalled it. Now, my public data folder on my only exchange server is corrupt. The primary indication of this (besides that I have no public folders visible in Outlook), is an error message when I click Send/Receive: "Task 'jaraco.com' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not b...

can not move files and folders on vista
hi, I am having problem moving any type of files or folders to different place. I cannot even move a file in my document to a folder in my document. can any one help please. I tried setting the admin but that did not resolve it. I am using vista. However, I can delete and rename files and floders but just can't move them -- lovelacews Not a Windows Live Mail issue. Please post here. Windows Vista General Newsgroup. In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.vista.general On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-u...

received mail goes directly to "deleted items" folder
When getting new mail, the mail goes directly to the "Deleted Items" folder instead of the "Inbox". Any suggestions? ...

tasks entered in taskpad don't appear in task folder
All of the tasks that I have entered via the taskpad do not appear in the task folder, what am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong expectation? OL98/WinXP John Keith kd0gd@juno.com What view are you using on your Tasks folder? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "John Keith" <kd0gd@juno.com> wrote in message = news:6grrm0hkagessu2ecc0bj81pc41aarq39r@4ax.com... | All of the tasks that I have...

List folders to file

Outlook xp Offline folders vs O2k3 Cached Exchange mode
I recently upgraded a group of executives from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. I used the "upgrade" option. I also installed O2K3 SP1. They all have laptops and use offline folders. Several have had various offline folder issues since the upgrade. Is there something I need to configure in order for them to continue to use their offline folders? or Does Cached Exchange mode replace Offline folders? Are there known issues with the upgrade and offline folders? I'm not sure what to look for. Thanks in advance for your time! techguyasap <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Cannot move emails between folders

Sent Items to Public folder?
Hi How can I synch user's sent itmes to a particular public folder? Thanks Himalyas wrote: > Hi > > How can I synch user's sent itmes to a particular public folder? > > Thanks No syncing is possible. You could use a rule for this. If this is a mail-enabled public folder and you have multiple people accessing it/using Send As for it, consider using a shared mailbox instead...and see www.ivasoft.biz. Thanks for help. Could you please suggest me good book on public folders and exchange 2003 in general? I have not touched exchange since 5.5. "Lanwench [MVP - ...

Want to remove HQ?
Hello: My client has HQ installed and 2 stores running Store Ops. HQ has not been functioning properly, some bugs that are occurring include finance charges and customer payments posting to the wrong customer. Inventory changes made in HQ are not downloaded to the stores. They are also frustrated that tasks that were accomplished in one step in Store Ops e.g. changing prices and costs on an item, now require several steps and running two or more worksheets in HQ. They would like to remove HQ and run all three stores as a single store with addditional lanes. The stores will be conn...

Exchange database folder
Hi! I have just installed Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 server and all files (database, mailboxes....) are installed on drive "c:". How could move all on drive "e:" ? Thanks Antonio Grasso Hi Open ESM, navigate to the server -> Mailbox Store -> Properties -> -> Database TAB Click "Brows" for Exchange Database file and brows to the new location Do the same fore the Exchange streaming file Click Apply, after move process finished you notify for it It is highly recommended that you move the Transaction Log to another location then The operatio...

Rename/Delete/Deactivate Junk Mail Folder
Hi! Does somebody know how I can delete/rename or deactivate the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2003? If I delete this folder, it will be re-created in the next Outlook start. I've read that Junk Mail folder is an built-in and cannot be renamed/deleted or deactivated?! Please help! Thanks Mustafa That is correct. Why do you need to get rid of it/rename it? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Remove Investments
I need to remove the investments from the Investment Summary that I no longer own. I have looked in the help files but nothing helps. Any ideas? In account view, either remove shares or transfer shares if you have them in another account. If you sold them show the sale. -- Neil "davida9201" <davida9201@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3599F5DE-958A-4C49-B339-8FCB3F76CE80@microsoft.com... >I need to remove the investments from the Investment Summary that I no >longer > own. I have looked in the help files but nothing helps. Any ideas? ...

How to remove the exchange public folder?
Hi, We have exchange 5.5 running in our organization. We remove one site from the current organization and would like to know, how can we remove the public folders which replicated when it was on the organization with other sites. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >We have exchange 5.5 running in our organization. We >remove one site from the current organization and would >like to know, how can we remove the public folders which >replicated when it was on the organization with other >sites. > >Thanks >. >you need to open exchange in raw ...

I deleted my Public Folder under IIS By Mistake
I have deleted my Public Folder Virtual Folder in the IIS Manager by Mistake How can I re-create this so that users can use the Public Folders through OWA again Any help Cheers, You have a back up strategy every night right? If so copy it from the back up, if not, you need to have all of yoru databases log files. try this; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313184 ...

Where is the 'Large Messages Folder' on the Exchange 2000 Server?
Our organisation runs an email system based on Exchange 2000 servers, with the workstations running Outlook 2000. Several days ago, when logging on to her Windows 2000 desktop she received a message along the lines of 'the new messages have been moved to a large message folder either synch or go online'. I looked into this and there is an option within Outlook 2000 to not automatically download emails over 50KB in size, and that these mails would be re-directed to a 'large messages folder on the server'. Presumably this is to increase synchronization speeds when remotely dialli...

Outllok XP not sending sent emails to sent item folder?
Not sure what happened, but all of a sudden my Outlook XP (2002) no longer sends my sent email messages to the sent items folder. After I send a message and go to my sent items folder to view it...it's not anywhere to be found. How can I get things the way they were when I could find messages I sent later (in my sent items folder)??? Thanks in advance.... ...

Listbox Help (remove selected item)
This should be easy but I can not get it to work. I have a simple listbox with Row Source Type property of value/list. It is not mult select. I am using .additem to load the listbox and am not using the itemdata property. I want to be able to select an item in the listbox, click a button on the form to get the value in column 1 of the selected item, then remove the selected item from the list box. Thanks in advance for any help "sk" <sk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BB03B01-F56E-4CDE-83DF-BF6550AD8593@microsoft.com... > This should b...

Personal Folders Backup Tool
I have installed, removed and reinstalled this Microsoft tool and still the Backup command line under File in Outlook does not show up so I can't set the program up. I am running Outlook 2003 on XP Professional. Jim <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have installed, removed and reinstalled this Microsoft > tool and still the Backup command line under File in > Outlook does not show up so I can't set the program up. I > am running Outlook 2003 on XP Professional. Did you close and restart Outlook after installing? -- Brian Tillman Brian...Yes I di...

Removing ADC #2
Exchange 2000 SP3/Windows 2000 SP4 environment. I want to go native and have done everything except uninstall the ADC. When I try to remove the ADC, I get a "Network Path Not Found" and uninstall is unsuccessful. Is there someway I can manually uninstall it? Thanks, C Once you remove the Site Replication Service from your Exchange 2000/2003 server, you should be able to switch to native mode. If you can live with just stopping the ADC service and disabling it (and you can switch to native mode), then perhaps it is best just to leave it at that. -- Jim McBee Web: http://www...

CRM Folders Missing in Outlook
Just upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0. The install went ok and CRM is working in Outlook except for the fact that the CRM folders are all missing on the left side. I can click on the Microsoft CRM folder, but the only thing underneath it is "Deleted Items" and "Search Folders". -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com 1=check if crm.pst has been installed or not (right click on outlook and properties and then data file ) 2= check if addin.dll is enabled or not. regards aami Yes on both counts. -- ...

fax machine email to Public folder Exch2000
We have a fax that will email. Curently it will email to a particular user email account. We wish it to email to a public folder How do you do this? Thanks Bob Make sure the public folder is mail-enabled, and that "anonymous" has at least "contributor" rights. Bob wrote: > We have a fax that will email. > Curently it will email to a particular user email account. > We wish it to email to a public folder > > How do you do this? > > Thanks > > Bob ...

"Organizational folder": 'new' menu is not available
I am following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244591 and I try to create an organization folder. I go to my "Public FOlder", click "System folder". I see EFORMS listed there. I right click the option and I don't see the option "new". What's wrong ? Exch 2000SP3. ...