Remove Ability to Create Contacts

We have a third-party plugin tool (which links with our CRM) for
Outlook 2003 which has its own "Create New Contact" wizard we want
people to use instead of creating a new contact with Outlook.

The question is, how do we remove their ability to create a new contact
using Outlook's default contact creation screen?

It would be nice if we could remove the button(s) used for creating a
new contact, but the problem is the multi-function button on the
left-hand side of the toolbar - when you're on the contact screen it
become a Create New Contact button.  But removing the entire button
would really annoy people since it removes the New button for all the
other parts of Outlook as well!

Perhaps I could create a custom form that replaces the standard contact
creation form that simply gives them a reminder to use the plugin's
button instead?

Thanks,
Eric

0
hodgese (1)

Outlook Contacts: 1 item out of sync
I'm just now getting down to organising my contacts, and learning how to use the Contacts app. I have about 20 contacts set up and they appear in both Outlook 2002 Contacts and on my Pocket PC (in both the built-in Contacts app and in the Pocket Informant version). All except just one entry, which persists in Outlook despite having been deleted on my PPC. I can see nothing distinctive about it. Is there some likely explanation I've missed please? Obviously, my next step will be to delete it directly from Outlook, but I'm curious to know why it's not syncing. Meanwhile I've...

Mailbox moves to Ex2003 don't remove 5.5 mailbox
I have moved several hundred mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000 to an Exchange 2003 SP1 server running on Windows 2003 without any issues. However, lately I have moved two mailboxes (seperately) and have run into a problem. The Move Mailbox wizard shows a successful move and the mailbox does appear in the Exchange 2003 server, but the mailbox also appears in the Exchange 5.5 server. So, there are two mailboxes for a single account. I have reviewed article 299473 which seems to describe what is happening (although I have not used Replmon.exe to confirm this...

how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet
how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet Try going to the View menu and unchecking Page Break Preview On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:01:08 -0800, "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet You may be in page break preview mode. Go to "View" and select "normal" Regards Bill K "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A65FC73-CAA0-428D-8ECD-0C2A2E15B799@microsoft.com... > how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work she...

Installing Test Exch2003 and remove
Hi all, I want to install trial exchange 2k3 in production environment which has exch 5.5 site as mail server. What I want to do is install Exch 2k3 using 'first exch server in domain' option and don't touch exch5.5 at all. And use it for few weeks and remove it. Then we would like to decide purchase and re-install it, or outsource, or keep 5.5. Is this possible? I'm afraid that once Exch2k3 installed and modified ActiveDirectory schema, 5.5 stop working and can not remove 2k3. thanks in advance As a rule, always use a test lab. On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:30:03 -0500, &...

How to change background color of a window that has been created.
I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can you help? Hello Jerry, > I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can > you help? > Answer depends upon the type of window. Typically you can do this in OnEraseBkgnd. Certain controls respond to WM_CTLCOLOR and yet some other, like CButton, need to be owner drawn to change the color. If you have a generic CWnd, you can always specify the brush in the window class; so no special painting is needed. This is good when you know that the background will have one color all the time. -...

Creating a Report using Tables (that have no relationships)
Im looking to create an invoice report that uses data from three different tables that are created dynamically by a query. The data for these will change but I would like to simply pull the data from these tables to create a report. The tables have the following information: 1. Company Info (name, address) 2. Customer Info (address, name, etc) 3. Customer Order (products, price, other info) 4. Invoice Info (ID, GST #, etc) I realize I could have created a table with relationships but the data above is dynamic as there are 4 different companies and based upon user inp...

Owner
Hi, we are implementing CRM and I cannot see an easy way of having the same contact appear in the "My Active Contacts" view for more people other than the owner. eg there are 5 people in my team and we all need to see the contact Joe Bloggs. How do I do this please so Joe Bloggs appears in all my team's "My Active Contacts." I have already created a team called IT and shared Joe Bloggs to IT. Thanks Ian. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Less Spam Better enjoyable experience Visit : news://spacesst.com On Jun 29, 3:54=A0...

creating a recurring reminder email message
I want to create a reminder message that gets emailed to a distribution list on the same date every month. How can we do that? ...

two decimals - remove percentage sign
Hello everyone, I have percentages that i'm displaying in graphs with data labels. I'd like to remove the % sign so it is easier to view the data labels because the graphs are small, and i'd like to do it with custom formatting because there is quite a lot of data that i dont want to convert to whole numbers. I think the best way to do this is to somehow use custom formatting in format cells -->number-->custom to multiply by 100 and display it that way. is that possible? Thanks for the help! Adam ...

Problem creating full text index
I seem to be unable to create a full text index of either my public or private store. When I try to creat the index I get the error; The directory name is invalid. Facility: MSSearch.Admin.1 ID no: 8007010b Exchange system Manager This seems to be happening for both the public and private stores. The directory does exist. I have looked over the permissions and tried to compare to known working servers and I haven't moticed any obvious differences. Any ideas? Did you follow this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822932/en-us Nue "Jonathan Huber" <JonathanHu...

Print part of contact list
I have a list of contacts. This contains their names and addresses, phone numbers, etc. I want to print out just their names in one long list. I can't see how to exclude the addresses, etc from this list. Can anyone help here? Thanks Rob Graham Use a mail merge. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Rob graham" <rttgrahamwow@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:X_WdnbHs0L8HlrLbnZ2dnUVZ8vydnZ2d@bt.com... >I have a list of contacts. This contains their names and addresses, phone >numbers, etc. I want to print out just their names in one long list. I >can'...

moving contacts and email back to Express 6
Completed a clean install on an XP. Would like to move some messages and contact list from my Vista. So far no luck and haven't found anything googling, any suggestions/ Drag these messages into Windows folders you create on the Desktop from the WinMail folder tree folders. Copy these folders to the XP Desktop. Open the folders | Select All and drag them into an OE folder in the folder tree. No need to mess with the dbx files. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jeff D." <jddieterle@hughes.net> wrote in message n...

How do I create a spread sheet for tracking batting statistics?
Trying to keep a running log of batting stats for the season. Can anyone help? http://www.baseball-almanac.com/bstatmen.shtml "Robert" wrote: > Trying to keep a running log of batting stats for the season. Can anyone help? ...

System Restore all off, still creating restore points on 2nd parti
Although we have System Restore turned off on all drives, restore points are still being created on the secondary partitions. The OS partiton is drive C, NTFS. The secondary partition is drive D, FAT32. The restore points are being created when applications (i.e. DirectX, WinDVD, etc.) are installed from the second partition (drive D). We must install these from a secondary partition. What are we missing? These restore points are filling up our drives. Also, I thought System Restore wouldn't work on FAT32 drives? Thanks, -- Bill Baker Bill, I use two drives b...

Install 3.0 Failed
I am in the process of installing 3.0 on a server. All of the inital checks are fine. I proceed to install and it fails with an error "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed HRESULT 0x80040237" I searched the Knowledge Base and found KB 941498. I did what it said but got the following error for msxml2.dll - LoadLibrary("msxml2.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found. How do I go about getting XML 2 (the parser I'm guessing) when it hasn't be supported in years? Is there something else I can do? I am installing 3.0...

Create a new restore point
How does one create a new restore point in both Vista and Win7? When I go to Accessories-->System Tools-->Restore all I get is how to restore from a previous one. That's not what I want. I want to create a restore point. OldEd On 3/9/2010 5:14 PM, OldManEd wrote: > How does one create a new restore point in both Vista and Win7? When I > go to Accessories-->System Tools-->Restore all I get is how to restore > from a previous one. That's not what I want. I want to create a restore > point. > OldEd Click "Computer" in start menu th...

Manual removal
Anyone know of the proper way to manually remove CRM for Outlook. I went to remove it, i get the message that it has to be uninstalled by the person who installed it which is the user. BUT, that user left long ago and the account was deleted. I just have not had luck finding the manual removal instructions. -- Thanks Knavas This doesnt always work. I have had to reinstall the OS before. In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, expand SOFTWARE, expand Microsoft, and then expand MSCRM. Delete the key: MSCRM If possible use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall the application. If Microsoft CRM Sales fo...

How to remove surf.mar@ pop up in Money 2008?
I'm having a problem with Microsoft Money 2008 Plus Home & Business and I think it must be a security setting thats not set right, but I can't find where to change it. It has something to do with Internet Explorer & Money (according to Google search). When I first open up the program it immediately pops up a box saying: Do you want to open or save this file? Name: MNY1CB4.surfplace Type: SurfBoard Shim Doc Object View, 1.50KB From: surf.mar@ I click open and it will load the login page. I enter my login and it says the exact same thing over again. I hit open and i...

Removing debug information
Hello. I'm looking for a tool that removes the debug information out of an Debug Exe File. --I only have the exe file-- Thanks, Janiv Ratson. Lot of protection programs have this as part of the protection process. E.g. Crypkey advises to use a tool in their package to strip away the debug info, and to catch any debugger that attaches to the process. No need to say that a debug version doesn't make much sense any more :-) J�rgen Devlieghere "Janiv Ratson" <janiv@aoe6.net> wrote in message news:%23fgIm%23HgFHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello. > I'm l...

Import outlook contacts as account
Hi All! Know about importing contacts and leads. Understand that can develop tool to convert comma-separated file into a set of accounts in CRM. But what about existing solution? Thanx for advance. Only existing tool would be the Data Migration Framework. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 24 Jan 2005 07:10:40 -0800, "Andrey Ptashinskiy" <ptash@mail.ru> wrote: Hi All! Know about importing contacts and leads. Understand that can develop tool to convert comma-separated file into a set of account...

Remove orphan domains for EXCH 2007 install
In a test disaster recovery environment, we have recovered our DC, and would like to remove two child domains that are obviously not reachable. What is the most clean and easiest way to accomplish this? Sorry for the lack of depth to this question, I am fairly new to AD. What we have done is rebuilt our DC, rebuilt an Exchange box, and now on another box we are trying to install a beta instance of Exchange 2007. In order to continue with the install, AD must not see the child domains it can no longer reach. Thanks for your help Gregg On 4 Oct 2006 09:07:20 -0700, "Gregg" <gre...

Removing Display of cost fields
We use manufacturing and SOP. I have a request by the owner to remove the display of the current and standard cost fields for all but a select few users. The users would still need to be able to see the price lists. Is this possible? You could use Modifier to create copies of the existing forms, hide the cost fields, and grant security to the modified forms to the users you don't want viewing the cost data. Grant security to the unmodified forms to those users you do want to see the cost data. It would be nice if you could do this in Field Level Security but unfortun...

restore .ost file created in different exchange profile
Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from an .ost file created by a different user in a different domain name, please? OST files are linked to the mailbox/profile for which they were created. If you've got an orphaned one, you can't open it - you will need to google OST2PST (an old utility that may still be floating around) and try to run it against the file (make a backup copy first). Or see www.exchangerecovery.com - I know it works, but it's $$$. hughie wrote: > Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from > an .ost file created by a di...

Creating new P&ID master symbols
I would like to create a new master P&ID valve symbol and add it to the Valves and Fittings stencil. I want to duplicate the tags and properties of exisisting valves so that it functions like the other valves in the stencil (auto-numbers, same data fields, etc.). Is there a way to copy all the information (not just the shape properties) from one valve and apply it to the new one? Use the Shape Conversion command from the Process Engineering menu to do this. Here are the steps: 1) Drag an existing valve onto the page so that there is at least one valve in the document. 2) If your ...

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. NOT ONLY did 2005 create a brand new duplicate account with my recent activity in it (see my other posting), BUT it also duplicated most of my existing budget categories too. For example, I had an existing category called "Day Care". Now I have two of them: "Day Care" and "Day Car...