Reminders not working #3

We recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. The reminders do not
work unless i am running in "cached mode". Is this a bug
or am i doing something wrong?

0
anonymous (74722)

We had a user with that problem for 2 years, then one day he logged onto
another computer (where the owner was using reminders successfully) and set
up the email account there for just that one session.  When he went back to
his own machine the reminders started working!
No explanation, but whatever works!

"SeanL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. The reminders do not
> work unless i am running in "cached mode". Is this a bug
> or am i doing something wrong?

0
mskabialka (118)

Global variable not working
Have a form that allows the user to select a value from a combo box. The combo box result is used as the criteria of a dlookup function. The value created by the public function will be used in a series of calculations throughout the application. The function is returning the value of 1 every time, regardless of the user selection. Need help fixing this situation! Current Code: Private Sub Combo0_AfterUpdate() Dim lCriteria As Long lCriteria = Me!txtLocality_ID FindGPCI_Work (lCriteria) MsgBox "lCriteria equal to " & lCriteria, vbOKOnly...

help!!! outlook not working (only for one user...)
my husband and I share the home pc logging in with different user names at startup. for some strange reason, while my outlook work perfectly well, his side started two day ago to act up. as he tries to open the program the error message "impossible to display the folder, impossible to access the specified path for the folder. impossible to find the file DLL of information service. impossible to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. ensure the service is installed and correctly configured" (please forgive me as this is a litleral translation - our system is in italian. the...

the freeze panes icon is not working
the freeze icon is vague and did not accept any clik so, i can't freeze a row or a column or even a cell Using Vista??? Applications usually become NOT RESPONDING if additional tasks are running. Wait or restart the application or open the task manager Ctrl+Shift+Esc and close down the unnecesarry programs. -- Best Regards, Faraz "elshazlyas" wrote: > the freeze icon is vague and did not accept any clik so, i can't freeze a row > or a column or even a cell You may want to check he status of Windows - Split. This can affect the way that the ...

Number fields will not accept values in CRM 3.0 09-25-06
I just installed CRM 3.0 and I'm having an issue where I enter a number in a number field such as price (contractdetail) and as soon as I click off it goes blank. Fields which are text seem to work fine. Anyone have any ideas or seen this before? Here are some additional infos: System/Environment Using Windows 2003 with SQL 2005 Does this happen with every number field? Yes, it happens with every number field in contractdetail Does it matter what user you are logged in as? No, it doesn't matter! Do you have custom number fields that this is happening to as well? Yes, it happens ...

Default fond in Work and Excel 2007
I've tried for months to change the default font and spacing for both programs by following the normal instructions. It will not change anything. I did an upgrade from Office 2003 if that matters. In Word, click on the pulldown arrow at the right hand end of the Font Bar in the home tab of the Ribbon and then select the font that you want to be used as the default (and the size) and then click on the Default button and accept the prompt. In Excel, click on the Office Button and then on Excel Options and select the font and size that you want to be used in the When creati...

DPM 2010 fails to connect to attach agent in work groupe
Agent is installed and configured on the remote computer. And the computers can communicate with each other (ping on the server name). I also have on other server at the same LAN at this server resist on and that one is working fine. Getting this erro when trying to attatch the second serverthat i want to backup: Attach protected computer sea0720sweb2 failed: Error 32684: Unable to contact the protection agent on server sea0720sweb2. Recommended action: 1) Ensure that the above server name is accessible from the DPM server. 2) Ensure that the protection agent has been insta...

problem caused the program to stop working correctly
I can't get my outlook 2002 to start, it keeps saying that a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Have you tried starting Outlook in Safe Mode? start->run->outlook.exe /safe (notice the space before the /) -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, ronyin asked: | I can't get my outlook 2002 to start, it keeps saying that a problem | caused the program to stop wo...

PowerPoint 2004 (11.2) in OS 10.4.3 /4 hangs when opening large PP X document
Came across this a few days ago. On a brand new iBook with 10.4.4 (or 10.4.3), 1 GB of RAM on it and MS Office 2004, PP hangs (not responding) when opening a large Power Point document created in Office X (10.1.4). PowerPoint file is over 200 MB This same file opens fine in the older Office X (PowerPoint 10.1.4) on the same iBook with same config. This looks like a bug in PowerPoint 2004 (11.2) I even captured the sample data from PowerPoint 2004 (11.2) with Apple's tools and have the report file, obviously somethhing is going on within PowerPoint 2004 (11.2) How can I get this bug r...

SBS2003
Issues are noted below, if anyone (especially the microsoft workers) has any idea on why OMA is giving INDEXOUTOFRANGE exceptions, please let me know. We have a client who is about to pack in the towel because their Activesync isn't working. ----------------------------- Firstly, when oma is accessed via a normal web browser on an xp machine. This message comes up: "A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator." At the same time, in the app event log this comes up: Event Type: Information E...

SendKeys Action doesn't work
When I run a Access 2002 database on a computer running Vista, I get an error message when using a macro (or event procedure) using SendKeys. The same macro when running the database on a Windows XP machine runs fine. Any ideas? Thanks for whatever help is given. Greg in Detroit On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:54:45 GMT, "Greg" <Fakecommail@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >When I run a Access 2002 database on a computer running Vista, I get an >error message when using a macro (or event procedure) using SendKeys. The >same macro when running the database on a Windows XP machi...

Work Order Printed receipt
When a work order is scheduled (Shift F9), a Due Date is assigned to the work order. The Due Date needs to print on the Register receipt for the customer. It currently does not. This needs to be added ASAP. -- Thanks, joel ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pa...

Outlook 2002 client #3
I have a 2002 pop client that receives a server time out error when trying to send an original email. All the account tests come back as completed and I receive the test email. It will forward and reply with no problem. Any suggestions? ...

Importing files into CRM 3.0
Hello. 2 quick questions; 1) I have an Excel file that I would like to import into CRM 3.0, to update some information? How do (CAN) I go about doing that? 2) If I can import this file, some of the fields have formulas associated with them (like adding a few cells together,) will that be harmful to a successful import? Thanks so much! The CRM import wizard will not perform updates for existing records. It will only create new records. Anything like formulas may cause the import to break or be interpreted as additional columns etc You check out the scribe tools for more advanced imp...

Blocked images don't work for spam...?!!
I get the message "Outlook has blocked downloading images blah blah blah" frequently. My question: why does this only work on LEGITIMATE emails and not spam??? Spammers have no problem getting an image through, and are undoubtly using that to confirm valid email addresses. Not likely. If you're seeing images in spam messages, either they are = images embedded in the messages not linked to external content or they = are from senders you have inadvertently added to your safe senders list. = Check the HTML source of the message if you're truly curious about the = type o...

Windows Media Player stopped working
My problem with WMP seems to have a bit of a different twist than anything I've read here. I attempted to open a wmv attachment which I had saved to my desktop. WMP opened, but nothing happened. This happened to me once before, probably 6 mo. ago. It started working again and I don't know how or why. Other things I did: Tried to play an old wmv file which I had viewed previously. It wouldn't play either. I ran the Microsoft FixIt tool. Nothing found. I downloaded a program called GSpot to check codecs. Under audio it showed Codec: 0x0161 (WMA v2) Info: 0x01:32000H...

Excel 2003 #3
Hi! Is there anyway I can have Excel automatically generate new Invoice number each time I open the Invoice worksheet? Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Skyeblue" <Skyeblue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A96A9A0A-DC30-4F0F-AEA6-1E16422B5011@microsoft.com... > Hi! > Is there anyway I can have Excel automatically generate new Invoice number > each time I open the Invoice worksheet? Thank you so much! I will do that. "Bob Phillips"...

CRM 3.0 on member server with SBS outlook issue
We have a SBS standard server that is our DC, and a member server that has SQL on it. I installed CRM 3.0 Pro on the member server since my understanding was we could not install CRM SBS on the SBS server unless it was the premium edition SBS. I am able to access the crm by browsing to http://crm/ but when i install the client in outlooks 2003, it cannot access the crm interface. The error i get is "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM Functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your System administartor if error persists." Being as that message is extremely cr...

Combo Box with NotInList procedure not working
Hello, I'm just learning Access programming and I wrote a database for our office. It works fine except for one combo box on one of the forms. The combo box DOES work on my home PC which is where I worked on this one form. But it DOESN'T work when I install the form in the database at my office! At work the database resides on our server and at home it's just on my PC. I've been working on this for two weeks and can't figure out the problem. Would appreciate any help. There isn't an error message but the program opens up the VBA procedure and it&...

2003 vba to hide two grouped charts, works in 2007 but not in 2003
> Hi, Sorry I've copied this over from my post in the Charting newsgroup since there's not much activity there. > I have the following code which works fine in 2007. But since I have > some users that still use 2003, when I save the spreadsheet in 2003 > xls format, this code will no longer work. I found that when I ungroup > the two charts, then it works fine. > > Do I need to use code to Ungroup them first, or is there a simple > solution? > > Thanks, > Harold > > Sub Hide_Two_Charts() > Sheets("Budget").ChartObj...

Data Files #3
How do you close a Outlook data file? Giles wrote: > How do you close a Outlook data file? Right mouse click on the folder which denotes the "file", and pick "close". This disconnects this PST file from Outlook. Menu: File/Open to re-open it. Note: not normal to close these file unless you have aparticular reason or are simply completely done with ever using it. -- Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Many Thanks Rob for replying I have tried to do this but unfortunatly, this option is disabled on the RHM Menu. I think the problem is related to ...

#DIV/0! Error #3
Hi, In the formula listed below sometimes I put zeroes in the 2 cells or I leave them blank but I get the #DIV/0! error. How can I add the ISError function to my formula. Its driving me crazy. =SUM(B14-C14)/B14 Thanks In advance. Kenny Firstly, you do not need SUM. This is used in formulas such as SUM(A1:A100) to sum a range. You need just = (B14-C14)/B14 But if B14 is zero you will get DIV error So =IF(B14<>0,(B14-C12)/B14,"Zero value in B14") best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Kenny16301 via OfficeKB.com" ...

accidentally deleted a reminder
an outlook reminder popup came up as i was editing an email and the DEL key acted on the reminder instead of the email window. the last time this happened it cost me $300 (i forgot to pay a fine). PLEASE help me find somehow which reminder i hit DEL on. thanks -- Eddie B I tested this. If you deleted an event from the reminder window, it only gets deleted from that window. It doesn't get deleted from your Calendar which means that you can still look that event up in your calendar. I'm assuming that your reminders are set to pop up within 15 min to7 days from the event date whi...

RUS not working?
Hi, Sometimes (it has happended twice durint the last 2 months) when I create a new mailbox, the mailbox is aparently created, but when I look deeper I see that: -the mailbox hasnt SMTP or X400 address -the mailbox doesnt appears in the GAL I have two RUS policies, one for the domain and the other one for the Enterprise, they seem OK (both are well configurated). This is a standalone server, running Exchange2003 Std SP1 in native mode on a Windows2003StdSp1. Active directory is Win2000 native mode. I have rebuilded all the RUS (rebuild ALL) Twice!!! And after that I have clicked se...

CRM Add-In doesn't work
Hi NG, i'm evaluation the ms crm. we have the server up and running. web interface is just fine. next step ist to install the integraion for outlook. i'm using outlook xp. installation went fine. no problem. got new folders. but if i click on a folder i get the following error message: 'The user authentication passed to the plattform is not valid' If i use the web interface with the same account i'm logged on, everythin is fine. whats the problem. client os is windows xp sp1 and server is runing windows 2000 server. Thanx bye marco hi all, after two reboots everyth...

CRM Reports don't work after installation
I have installed CRM 1.2 on a second server after having previously installed to first server and finding the CRM web site was in conflict with my existing sites. We uninstalled CRM 1.2 from first server (fine), installed to second server using databsae from first server (fine). The CRM applicaiton works well enough, but when I go to run Reports I get error "File frs://Input/a_189/000/000/189/1270396438475a11a.rpt not found on File Repository Server." I am not sure whether this is a Crystal APS database error, configuration error, connection error . . . I am sure it is an in...