Reminder window doesn't pop up

When a reminder reaches the time to remind me, I hear a sound, and the
reminders windows flashes on the task bar, but it does not pop up a window
in front of me, whether or not I am using the mouse or keyboard at the time.

Is there a setting for this?  How do I make it pop up as it used to on my
older system as I am missing out on these reminders which occur when my back
is turned, or I have stepped awa from my desk?

WinXPPro and Outlook 2003.

Thanks,
Mich

0
mskabialka (118)

What add-ins do you have running in Outlook?  IIRC, one of them, Plaxo I
think, causes reminder windows to pop up behind the active window.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, M Skabialka asked:

| When a reminder reaches the time to remind me, I hear a sound, and the
| reminders windows flashes on the task bar, but it does not pop up a
| window in front of me, whether or not I am using the mouse or
| keyboard at the time.
|
| Is there a setting for this?  How do I make it pop up as it used to
| on my older system as I am missing out on these reminders which occur
| when my back is turned, or I have stepped awa from my desk?
|
| WinXPPro and Outlook 2003.
|
| Thanks,
| Mich

0
MillyS (3228)
7/21/2006 8:55:37 PM
I don't even know how to add an add-in, and haven't installed any software
except pretty standard stuff, office, winzip, acrobat reader, etc...

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> What add-ins do you have running in Outlook?  IIRC, one of them, Plaxo I
> think, causes reminder windows to pop up behind the active window.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, M Skabialka asked:
>
> | When a reminder reaches the time to remind me, I hear a sound, and the
> | reminders windows flashes on the task bar, but it does not pop up a
> | window in front of me, whether or not I am using the mouse or
> | keyboard at the time.
> |
> | Is there a setting for this?  How do I make it pop up as it used to
> | on my older system as I am missing out on these reminders which occur
> | when my back is turned, or I have stepped awa from my desk?
> |
> | WinXPPro and Outlook 2003.
> |
> | Thanks,
> | Mich

0
mskabialka (118)

Reliable way to get window underneath mine?
What is a reliable way to get the window underneath mine? Say that my window is "Window A"... "Window A" is being dragged around the screen by its title bar. The mouse cursor is at x,y. I need to know if I can drop it on the window thats at x,y (not counting "Window A"). So I need to get this window handle somehow. WindowFromPoint() obviously gets "Window A". I'd rather not enumerate all the windows since that seems like a performance issue. Thanks. Somebody wrote: > What is a reliable way to get the window underneath mine? > > Say tha...

Outlook 2007 Add New Contact window not appearing
When I go to the contacts area in 2007, I click "Add new" just like normal, but the window where you fill in all the contact information is not appearing. I have tried everything to find it with no luck. How can I get the add new window to appear? Go to an Outlook forum rather than a Word forum? On Mar 24, 11:39=A0am, AeHuf <Ae...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I go to the contacts area in 2007, I click "Add new" just like norma= l, > but the window where you fill in all the contact information is not > appearing. I have tried everyth...

How to validate User ID creation date in Windows XP
Is there a way to validate the creation date of local User IDs in Windows XP/2003? m_bk wrote: > Is there a way to validate the creation date of local User IDs in Windows > XP/2003? You could query the Security Log but you will only get the information if the log was setup to record events 624 and providing that the log wasn't purged or overwritten: cscript c:\windows\system32\eventquery.vbs /L security /FI "id eq 624" Other than that verifying the creation date on the user's profile folder is the only way that I know of to get the information. ...

Yahoo/Verizon Emails Lost Switching to Windows Mail
When I set up my Windows Mail account, I transferred my Yahoo/Verizon emails from that server. Upon doing this, when I went back directly to my email account on the Yahoo/Verizon server, all the emails were gone. Can I get all those emails to also be on my account on the Yahoo/Verizon server, and if not, can I just reverse the whole process without any problems? - in other words, can I drop off of Windows Mail and restore my account on Yahoo/Verizon to its original state? Thanks for help anyone can give. Keith "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

PostMessage and address of window
I want send RegisterWindowMessage from some thread to dialog class to listbox. I create this thread in dialog class so I use "this" to pass address window, but It doesn't work. Compilator doesn't show any error. But on the listbox the message which I send from thread doesn't appear there. Code: //dialog class: static UINT UWM_SEND_DATA = ::RegisterWindowMessage(_T("UWM_SEND_DATA"); SerialWriter* writer; //my thread in "SerialWriter" class writer = (SerialWriter *)AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(SerialWriter),THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL,0,CREATE_SUSP...

Window painting
Can anybody please help! I am using OpenGL in my MFC app. I want to do render a window in Selection mode when mouse button is down and then when the mouse button is up I want to render the window in Render mode. I have written appropriate code in OnLButtonUp and OnLButtonDown as below void CManifoldViewerView::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default renderingMode = 1; // variable to keep track of rendering mode 0 - GL_RENDER //1 - GL_SELECT PostMessage(WM_PAINT); CView::OnLButtonDow...

How to subclass multiple windows
Hi, I need to enumerate all the windows inside of IE WebBrowser control, which are all generated dynamically according to web page html content. After got all the HWND of the windows, I need to intercept WM_ERASEBKGND messages fired by those windows. I can subclass one window to get the message, but I don't know how to subclass all the windows. Could let me know how to do it? Thank you very much. "Jerry" <jerryy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1124136420.829187.158270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I need to enumerate all the windows inside of IE...

Windows 7 firewall advanced security Mmc Error
Hello, When i want to create a new rule or when i double-click on a rule to edit it, the mmc crash with error : FX:{b05566ac-fe9c-4368-be02-7a4cbb7cbe11} Error type :System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException =E0 System.RuntimeMethodHandle._SerializationInvoke(Object target, SignatureStruct& declaringTypeSig, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context) =E0 System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject (Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context) =E0 System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.FixupSpecialObject (Ob...

Pop up calendar won't show in Excel 2000
A pop up calendar in a form created in Excel 2003 shows up as a red X in Excel 2000. Is there a patch that can be downloaded. Need help! Juls It is probably because the newer file used a control not in the older files library. You could open the VBE and see if there is a calendar control under Tools>References... and try checking it. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Juls" <Juls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4CD8025-CEEB-43F3-BA90-90C4A64F9D14@microsoft.com... >A pop up ca...

Pocket Money 2003 on Windows Mobile 2003
When I tried to install Pocket Money 2003 on my Windows Mobile 2003 machine, it does not allow me to do so and a error message pops up saying that it will only install on Pocket PC2002 machine. What should I do? Will Pocket Money 2004 do the trick? ...

Reporting Services Error on CRM 4 Windows server 2008
Hello. I'm having trouble with CRM connector for SQL Server 2005 reporting services. I installed this connector with no problems, but when I try to acces reports from CRM Web page It says that Connector is not installed. I thought that maybe for Windows server 2008 this might be a firewall issue, but I've already disable from both servers (I have SQL Server and Reporting Services in one server, and CRM on another). I don't know what could be the problem, event viewer doesn't show any errors. Both servers are on Windows server 2008. Please help me. Thanks Jose Ponce ...

How to change the right-click pop-up menu in CHtmlView?
Hi, I use MFC in VC6.0. When users click the right button of the mouse in CHTMLView, the default menu pup-up. Is there a way to change the pop-up to my own defined menu? Sorry for cross posting, for I don't know the right group. Thank you, Kelvin "Kelvin" <Kelvin_gl@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:uacCpSGcEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl > I use MFC in VC6.0. When users click the right button of the mouse in > CHTMLView, the > default menu pup-up. Is there a way to change the pop-up to my own > defined menu? See KB Article KB236312 "HOWTO: Disable t...

How do I install outlook 2000 on Windows 7?
I have had multiple problems getting Outlook 2000 to work on a brand new System 7 machine. To my knowledge, it has no other versions installed, yet each time I launch, I get the setup screen again that says there is another version. I can receive mail but when I try to send it says I can't because it can't find the WAB DLL. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result. (Word, Excel and PPt work fine.) Any clues? Outlook2k is not compatible with Vista let alone win7 It may work if you setup outlook2k in workgroup mode, but not neccessarily without proble...

Windows 7 backup & SBS2008 Prem.
Hi, I have an SBS 2008 network, with Windows 7 clients. I setup a share on my server for the clients to use to do backups. I also have the user's profile folders redirected to the server as well, which covers Documents and Desktop (the default I guess when you tell sbs to redirect). Everything seems to work fine as far as the backups go, but the Windows 7 Action Center is complaining that I need to check my backup status. When I do, it mearly tells me that it skipped Documents, Desktop, Video etc. because they are on the server. I'm fine with those being skipped as th...

Always receive reminders?
I've added outlook (Office XP Professional) to the taskbar but I still have to manually open then minimize Outlook to get it there. I would love to have Outlook go to the tray when I log on as the administrator (XP Home), so if I forget to open Outlook, I don't fail to receive any reminders as they come up. I really don't like to run the whole program at startup and keep it minimized because of the time it adds to startup and it slows everything down just sitting there. I just want to be able to get reminders as they come due whether I remembered to start/minimize Outlook...

Working window in Access "sticks" to Maximum size
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to 'unstick' a working form/report/table, etc in Access. Even if I design an entry form at say, 3" by 5" wide, it'll automatically maximize to fill up the entire working screen next to the navigation bar. To my knowledge, I have never set any property to maximize every window. . . Did I miss a global setting, or is it an option I can turn off? Thanks, Tripler "Tripler of the SDMB" <Tripler of the SDMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96E65DF9-A187-4710-A6AC-2350A66F38D1@microso...

Microsoft has removed 500+ groups, including 21 Windows-98 groups
I'm not exactly sure when this happened, but Microsoft has removed approx. 535 groups from it's server. 21 of those pertain to windows-98. Those 21 groups are: --------------------- microsoft.public.il.hebrew.win98 microsoft.public.jp.win98 microsoft.public.kr.windows98.qna microsoft.public.nl.windows98 microsoft.public.win98.comm.dun microsoft.public.win98.comm.modem microsoft.public.win98.display.general microsoft.public.win98.display.multi_monitor microsoft.public.win98.fat32 microsoft.public.win98.internet.netmeeting microsoft.public.win98.msinfo32 microsoft.p...

Exchange and Windows Server 2003 R2 SP1- Cannot telnet to SMTP port 25
Greetings, We have 4 Exchange 2003 servers. 2 are on Windows 2000 and 2 are on Windows 2003. The 2 that are on Windows 2003 are experiencing a strange problem. You cannot telnet to any machine's smtp port. Telnet itself is functioning fine on both these machines, but when you try to telnet to any machine's smtp port (25), it fails with: "Could not open connection with host on port 25: Connection Failed". Now I've tried telnetting to all the Exchange servers (including themselves) with these two machines to no success. I've even tried telnetting to Sun boxes run...

Windows Live Mail 07-23-10
I have a new windows 7 pc. I'm trying to export, import my old emails from a xp pc. I have exported all the files to the new pc but I can't import them. I click on Live Mail on the new pc and I don't get the toolbar with "File, Tools, etc" on it. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for any help Hi, Marty. The Windows Live Team decided that we would rather have more screen real estate, so the HID the Menu Bar (File, Tools, etc.) by default. To see it momentarily, just press <Alt>. There are several ways to toggle it on/off (semi-)permanently. Maybe th...

Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Group
Hi, Can anybody tell me why we need to add the SQL Server Service Account and IIS Service Account to the "Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access Group" in the "Bultin" group of Active Directory? >From all my installation that I did, I added these services because the implementation guide saids to do it. If I don't add these services, everything seems OK to me. no errors or anything. Can anyone tell me why we need these steps? Thanks! DL you are safe to avoid using that group if your system still works fine. "DL" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in messa...

how do i create reminders in outlook from a date cell in excel?
I need to know how to create reminders in outlook from a date cell in excel? hi "Philhegele" Try posting in an Outllook forum. Maybe they will be more helpfull. Greetings from France Dav "Philhegele" <Philhegele@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:D31EF446-D6BA-45E7-A766-EC3400CF3B26@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to create reminders in outlook from a date cell in >excel? ...

Reminders Fail on Messages Sorted to Favorite Folder -- HELP
I've got favorite folders and rules created so incoming and outgoing mail sorts itself into folders to help me keep track. However, I've found that any incoming message in one of these folders for which I set up an alert/reminder -- will fail to notify me with a reminder. Alerts set on messages in the inbox work no problem -- it's only the alert failure on messages sorted to a specific box that fail. Any help with this GREATLY appreciated! Paul <lindy_ngo_spam_corp@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I've got favorite folders and rules created so incoming and outgoing &...

Windows
Hi - hope someone can help I get the following message: exception processing message c00000013 75b6bf7c 4 75b6f7c 75b6bf7c This just started for no apparant reason. The message won't cancel, try again or continue. It returns after re boot. Compter still runs fine - just can't get rid of the message. Only recent program addition was Quicken 2010 - how ever this error message didn't happen immediately after it was loaded. I did find some threads on this but nothing there that seemed to directly address this issue. Running XP Home edition version 2002 Service Pac...

Registry on windows 2008
Hi all, With Windows 2003, I'm using HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to lunch process each time the user log in. I tryed to create the same key at the same place with Windows 2008 but it doesn't work. How can I do the same with Windows 2008 ? Does the Run Key still exist ? Thank you, Olivier On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:45:02 -0700, OlivierT <OlivierT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >With Windows 2003, I'm using >HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to lunch >proces...

double entries in tasks and reminders
every time i enter a 1 task it displays 2 identical tasks. also when a reminder from my calaneder dispays it displays it twice. If i click on one to snooze of delete both identical entries disappear. does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and suggestions at getting rid of the problem. any help would be appreciated. thanks. outlook 2007 windows vista home premium -- paul I am new to the forum and found this post by searching google. I am having the same issue. It seems to have just started a couple of weeks ago and I've been using it for the last 8 months or so. ...