Reminder paging

All,

We are migrating off of Groupwise onto Exchange.
We have a groupwise user who is able to get her meeting
reminders to send her a page.  Is this possible in
outlook/exchange?  I cannot find documentation anywhere?
The way it works is you can send text messages by sending
an email to XXXXXXXXXX@page.metrocall.com.  So if there
was a way to send an email automatically to someone when a
reminder occurs it would work.  But as I stated earlier I
can't find out how to do this in Outlook.  Your help is
appreciated!

Thanks,
Bob
0
bob4803 (3)

See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/pager.htm for various solutions.
Exchange 2003 also has some capability for this built-in.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"bob@noname.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> We are migrating off of Groupwise onto Exchange.
> We have a groupwise user who is able to get her meeting
> reminders to send her a page.  Is this possible in
> outlook/exchange?  I cannot find documentation anywhere?
> The way it works is you can send text messages by sending
> an email to XXXXXXXXXX@page.metrocall.com.  So if there
> was a way to send an email automatically to someone when a
> reminder occurs it would work.  But as I stated earlier I
> can't find out how to do this in Outlook.  Your help is
> appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

0
suemvp (4038)
7/28/2004 3:50:52 PM
>> We are migrating off of Groupwise onto Exchange.
>> We have a groupwise user who is able to get her meeting
>> reminders to send her a page.  Is this possible in
>> outlook/exchange?  I cannot find documentation anywhere?
>> The way it works is you can send text messages by sending
>> an email to XXXXXXXXXX@page.metrocall.com.  So if there
>> was a way to send an email automatically to someone when a
>> reminder occurs it would work.  But as I stated earlier I
>> can't find out how to do this in Outlook.  Your help is
>> appreciated!

You might have to use a 3rd party tool and pass the message from Outlook to a
paging application. If you only want to send via email there are a number of
carrier settings for SMTP to pager/cell phone delivery at
http://www.notepage.net/smtp.htm

Best of luck
JT