Reminder for a received email for follow up

I would like to put a reminder on an email already received.  This reminder
would basically call my attention to the email (even though the email is in
a different folder).  Is there a way I can easily do this?
I'm using Outlook 2003 SP1.

Thanks
John

0
John

Off the top of my head, quick and easy, drag and drop a copy into your
calendar.
--
K. Orland
Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your

"John" wrote:

> I would like to put a reminder on an email already received.  This reminder
> would basically call my attention to the email (even though the email is in
> a different folder).  Is there a way I can easily do this?
> I'm using Outlook 2003 SP1.
>
> Thanks
> John

0
KOrland1 (1012)
7/11/2005 8:58:40 PM
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:27:48 -1000, John <john cole co riverside ca <us>>
wrote:

> I would like to put a reminder on an email already received.  This
> reminder
> would basically call my attention to the email (even though the email is
> in
> a different folder).  Is there a way I can easily do this?
> I'm using Outlook 2003 SP1.

Easily?  Not exactly - you could add a reminder to the quick flag but that
will only fire if you leave the message in your default Inbox folder.

If you MUST move it to a different folder then you could use something
like Ken Slovak's Extended Reminders to fire it from the other folder, I
guess.  http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:27:48 -1000, John <john cole co riverside ca <us>>
> wrote:
>
>> I would like to put a reminder on an email already received.  This
>> reminder
>> would basically call my attention to the email (even though the email is
>> in
>> a different folder).  Is there a way I can easily do this?
>> I'm using Outlook 2003 SP1.
>
> Easily?  Not exactly - you could add a reminder to the quick flag but that
> will only fire if you leave the message in your default Inbox folder.
>
> If you MUST move it to a different folder then you could use something
> like Ken Slovak's Extended Reminders to fire it from the other folder, I
> guess.  http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm
>

> --
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook
> Operations Coordinator
> Stockholm/KSG - Honolulu
> Microsoft OneNote FAQ:
> http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/computers/onenotefaq.htm

0
John

rule question for email from specific server
I am new to setting up rules do please bear with me. is there a way to set up a rule so that all emails from a specific server (example is aa.com) go into a specific folder? I can do it individually each time someone from work emails me but want to set it up so that people from aa.com who have never emailed me would automatically go into my AA folder. thanks -- ****************************** remove 1 to reply David MacLeod dmacleo@midmaine1.com P4 800 MHZ 2.8 OC to 3.13 Twin Seagate 120 SATA set as RAID 0 1024 MB Buffalo DDR 466 ATI 9800 Pro 256 MB Thermaltake Spark7 cpu fan Thermaltak...

email disclaimer ?
Hi folks, I can't believe that Exchange 2003 doesn't have a feature allowing for a uniform email disclaimer! They told me to use a VB script for outgoing emails or third party tools (the technician told me to modify the script for internal exchange messeging!) does anyone have a better way of doing this? kind regards, Adrian How to add a disclaimer to outgoing SMTP messages in Visual Basic http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;317327 as far as i know thats all you can do, use a VB script, but i belive you need visual basic installed to do this, or buy a 3r...

problem saving profile.. are emails lost?
my company just bought a new sbc2003 server and im using the pop connection mgr to get and distribute the mail from our hosted site (we havent brought it in-house yet) to the server then out to boxes. the problem is (in the process of migrating profiles over), one of the profiles was not saving as it should have, and as a result "any changes made" as we all know were not saved... that message did not come up for me in my first remote login so i was unaware that it was happening... anywho while using that temp profile i download mail, and now i cant seem to find it anymore.. is...

archiving emails #3
Hi, When I archive my emails, I find that attachments are also being archive with the emails. Is there a way which allows me to only archive the email and not its attachments? thanks "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:1134832460.792675.98700@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > When I archive my emails, I find that attachments are also being > archive with the emails. > Is there a way which allows me to only archive the email and not its > attachments? > > thanks > They are part of the message in the way they are stored not s...

Outlook is closed, but emails still coming
i just got the new outlook 2007 and i must say i'm not impressed. i am disappointed that there is no way to transfer folders from thunderbird, but the biggest problem is that when i close my outlook the emails are still coming in. how do i stop this? "k_dow" <k_dow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:310855D5-BED2-4989-A4C4-E283D919F4E1@microsoft.com... >i just got the new outlook 2007 and i must say i'm not impressed. i am > disappointed that there is no way to transfer folders from thunderbird, > but > the biggest problem is that when...

Email Campaign with email templates
Hi, is there a way to launch an email campaign (or a quick campaign) and using an email templates when scheduling the email activities? It seems doesn't work. I can't create an email activity with an email template on a campaign. Can someone help me or give me some advices? Thanks for all. Hi Stefano, there are a number of different ways of sending bulk email from Microsoft CRM. They all have their own advantages and disadvantages -- hopefully there will only be one method in Titan and it will combine all the advanatges. To send an email using a template: Use Advanced Find to f...

Cannot send E-Mails, but can Receive them -- Outlook 2003
Okay, I'm completely baffeled by this one. I have two Windows XP machines (one desktop and one laptop), both with Service Pack 2 (and up to date), and both have Outlook 2003 installed on them. I've set them both up with the exact same account with the exact same account configuration options; the desktop sends and receives just as it should, the laptop can only receive. On the Laptop, when I go into the "E-Mail Accounts" configuration screen and click on the "Test Account Settings..." button, a dialog box comes up with two tabs. The first tab shows that th...

duplicate email #7
I have some client using outlook who receive duplicate email (2 times) everytime. How can I fix it?? The server is using SBS2003, just like windows 2003 server + exchange 2003. Any advise? Edf Hi Edmond, did you check the rules. If you get duplicate amails, it is often that you have double rules on a mail. Please check you r rules! -- Gestern lief noch alles, ich habe nichts gemacht! Bitte in der Newsgroup antworten, damit jeder davon was hat "Edmond" <reg@megawharf.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#GqmYtXPEHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have some client using ou...

OWA email
I can't send email when using Outlook Web Access. I graphics placeholder shows up in the text field instead of a text box to write a message in. Office is up to date and so is XP pro. Other people in the company are having no problems, and on a Windows 2000 computer I have there are also no problems. Appears to be an issue with this specific computer. Oh, and Goggle is not blocking popups. THX for any suggestions, Joe ...

Exporting Outlook mail to another machine to synch email
Outlook 2003 Assume ComputerOne and ComputerTwo use the identical mail server. I want to synch the email on both machines. Say I delete all the email on ComputerTwo. I export Outlook mail from ComputerOne and import it into Computer2. After the import, ComputerTwo email should be in synch with ComputerOne. However, when ComputerTwo goes to the mail server, it downloads duplicates of what is already there. Outlook does not seem to recognize that it already has a given email from the mail server. Is there a way to prevent duplicates from being downloaded? Thanks Don't use export ...

Receiving faxes through Outlook?
How do you receive faxes through Outlook? "Nocturnal" <anonymous@anonymous.com> wrote in message news:eTowMoK7FHA.1484@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How do you receive faxes through Outlook? > Get WinFax Pro. Or subscribe to an online fax service that accepts faxes and sends them to you as an e-mail (eFax is like this and the receive-only account is still free). That would depend on your Outlook version, which you did not mention. Vanguard is wrong. WinFax Pro is a very poor choice if you want to integrate with Outlook. More accurate information is here: http://...

Custom Legal Notice for all outbound email
My customer wants to append a custom legal notice to all email exiting the company but doesn't want this to be a client operation. Is there any way to configure Exchange or the IMS to autimatically append a legal notice (custom footer?) to all outbound mail? Thanks in advance!! Steve ...

I need help to start using microsoft outlook to receive my mail .
I have tried before to set up my microsoft outlook for my mail with no success. MikeR wrote: || I have tried before to set up my microsoft outlook for my mail with || no success. And what has happened? Have you checked your mail settings with your ISP? Any error messages? Help us to help you. -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk I forgot how to get that info., but I think I did that before like - getting the pop & other info in there and still to no avail.. "Gordon" wrote: > MikeR wrote: > || I have ...

Email router problems
Hi, I have two issues regarding emails from CRM (1.2, English version). 1. I have installed the email router and I send email from CRM (web) and it puts the GUID in the subject and OK. But when the recepient respons the email it should be recognized and saved automatically to CRM and connect to the contact right ? This does not happen, what is wrong? Email is only visible in Outlook inbox and not CRM. 2. When I send CRM emails to Domino Server (Lotus Notes) all icelandic characters are replaced in the subject. Is there some workaround for this? Pretty bad if not Thanks, SH Migrate from l...

email notifications #3
How do I set up and "auto reply" for my email to alert others that I am not in the office. In other words, if someone emails me when I am gone for a week, they would receive an auto reply from me simply stating that I am out until XX/XX/XX. Thanks for your help! Scott See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:02be01c3ce54$8fe80c70$a401280a@phx.g...

Exchange 2003 / 5.5 Email Routing
I have a new 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 installed, virtual connector configed all ready to go. MX records changed/Port forward etc all done. This server is in the domain williams.local. The old Email server is Exchange 5.5. This is in the domain WRXH. The new 2003 server is to act as the SMTP internet mail in/out. However at present I need to forward all email received by the 2003 to the existing 5.5 Server. All users on the 2003 server only have .local email addresses. I have setup 'Forward all mail with unresolved recipients to host' to point to the 5.5 server. The 5.5 server...

Outlook 2003 email dragged to Notes folder only shows headers
Outlook 98 thru 2002 allowed me to drag an entire email from the Inbox into the Notes folder. This created a new note that contained the email header AND body. In Outlook 2003, I can only get about 1 in 7 emails to do that, regardless of the format of the incoming email. The rest of the newly created notes only display the header information of the email - but no body. This only occurs with the Notes folder. Contacts, Tasks, and Calendar work fine. Co-workers on Outlook 2003 have also reported the same issue. We are running Outlook 2003 with Office XP on Windows XP. All updated. Outlook con...

send receive display dialog
hi i seem to have a problem with the send receive dialog box in outlook 2003, i have the 'do not show this dialog box during send and receive' checked so that every ten minutes when it is scheduled it operates in the background, but it pops up on my screen on the top of my window and remains until completed, where i have to close it. can anybody offer me any ideas on how to prevent this? thanks jim jam jim jam <comeonthefife@_takethisout_hotmail.com> wrote: > i seem to have a problem with the send receive dialog box in outlook > 2003, i have the 'do not sho...

Email Macro with Outlook Express
Once a week, I am in a position where I have to send between 80-160 emails to 80-160 different email addresses (the store locations in our company). I have an attachment that needs to be sent to each store, and each attachment is unique. However, I have all the attachments in one folder, and all of the attachments have filenames such as Store 101, Store 102, Store 103, etc... I have another file which lists all store numbers in Column A and their respective emails in Column B. Is there a way I can have a macro that does the following: 1. Creates an email with a Subject being the same as the ...

Can't received 3 MB .doc attachment
One of my user can't received 3mb attachment. I have Exchange 2003 server and I st it default no limit either for send or receive. The sender getting error mesage " 552 4.3.1 Session size exceeds fixed maximum session size Please help. Thank you Has the Sender checked with their mail admin to see if there are limits on their end? The below error is not one that I recognize as an Exchange NDR message. Do you have any other smtp servers in the mix between that company and you? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Quamar" <Quamar@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Import Contacts into CRM 3.0 from Web Form Emails
We have a web site based on Front Page 2003, and we solicit clients to enter their information, name-address-emali requirements in web-form. The Web Form sends an email with structured information such as name: John Jones, where every data field is on a new line. How can I tell CRM 3.0 to import this information directly into the CRM contact manager, and add a new contact to the CRM system? you could create a queue on crm with its own email address. Emails will be sent to the crm queue. Now a developer could write code to monitor the queue and create contacts from the ema...

Unable to reach URL in Email.
Hello everyone, I need some help... W2k Service Pack 4 Internet Explorer 6.0 Outlook 2002. When I receive some email with a Website address, I cannot open that link from the email. I have to copy the address an then paste in address bar of Internet Explorer. Hubert. Hi Hubert Have you tried holding down the control key while you click on the url? I have found that to work I hope that this helps Jill Aubr Developer Divisio Microsoft Corporatio This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Hi, Check this out : http://support.microsoft.com/defa...

Troubles receiving external emails...
Hi.. Im tryin g to fix the problem but I consider that is not imposible if somebody help me. -I have Exchange Server 2003 over Windows Server 2003, -I have changed the destinataries policies for accept any mail from anybody -On SMTP connector, I apply SMTP * on address espaces but I can receive email from anybody but when I send a email from anybody I couldn't send it, just if the domain is in the SMTP spaces example SMTP company.com I can send email for company.com, but If the domain or company.com is not on the list of addres spaces i can't send it, Would you imaging thats impo...

cash receipts in receivables
The application of credit memos in GP is a bit confusing, as it forces you to apply a credit memo to a specific invoice. It is not always the case that a credit memo is for a specific invoice; that is, there could be instances of general credit memos, say a sales concession of sorts. As such, I'd like to suggest that Microsoft consider allowing application of credit memos to not be invoice specific. Instead, when a user applies cash, he could select a credit memo to apply with the overall payment and the amount to apply would just increase by the amount of the credit memo being used ---...

Can't set up Contacts & won't let me reply to emails.
I recently set up Outlook, as recommended by my ISP (tesco), because while on the tesco site, it would shut down if I took a long time to write an email. When I recieve emails & try to reply, I get the message 'System Administrator: undeliverable' with the code 550, so I know there is a problem with the relay, but when I've checked 'Email Accounts' to check the tesco address, there doesn't appear to be anything preventing outgoing emails. When I try to set up Contacts, I get the message 'Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)'. Can anyone help m...