redemption - pickfolder displays empty exchange mailbox

Using Outlook 2003 and Redemption 5.0.0.2174

Hi,

I am developing an application that archives emails and uses
redemption.  I have one user in my test group that is continually
having problems accessing lists of folders.  I wrote my own folder
picker code using mapitables but had to abort that as this user could
not get the folder picker to load, was really slow.

So I reverted to the PickFolder method in Redemption.

On first use of the folder picker, all folders display as expected.
The user initiates an archiving task and all completes without issue.
If the user tries to create another archiving task the folder picker
displays the root node for the mailbox and no folders.  Interestingly
the user has a pst loaded which shows folders.  It only seems to be
the exchange store with "issues".

Closing outlook and reopening it rectifies the issue but this should
not be required.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greg J
0
gjohncock (2)

i highly recommend asking developer questions in the MSDN forums -
that's were the dev experts hang out.
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlookdev/threads

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 9/7/2011 3:42 PM, Greg J wrote:
> Using Outlook 2003 and Redemption 5.0.0.2174
>
> Hi,
>
> I am developing an application that archives emails and uses
> redemption.  I have one user in my test group that is continually
> having problems accessing lists of folders.  I wrote my own folder
> picker code using mapitables but had to abort that as this user could
> not get the folder picker to load, was really slow.
>
> So I reverted to the PickFolder method in Redemption.
>
> On first use of the folder picker, all folders display as expected.
> The user initiates an archiving task and all completes without issue.
> If the user tries to create another archiving task the folder picker
> displays the root node for the mailbox and no folders.  Interestingly
> the user has a pst loaded which shows folders.  It only seems to be
> the exchange store with "issues".
>
> Closing outlook and reopening it rectifies the issue but this should
> not be required.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Greg J
0
outlookmvp (5838)

Exchange Server 2003 and BES
we migrated up to 2003 exchange. we have a BES server at one of our sites. how many BES servers can you have in a single Exchange ORG? I assume only 1 right? I don't believe that there is such a limitation. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "RC" <RichChristy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1166813039.169810.49430@48g2000cwx.googlegroups.com... > we migrated up to 2003 exchange. we have a BES server at one of our > sites. how many BES servers can you have in a single Exchange ORG? I > assume only 1 right...

Exchange 2007
Hi there, I'm trying to create a public contact folder in Exchange 2007. I can create a new public folder using the "New-PublicFolder" shell command, but it defaults to Post item types. Could anyone tell me how to set it so that it defaults to Contact item types? Thanks, -Richard rk <rk@leapbeyond.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > I'm trying to create a public contact folder in Exchange 2007. > > I can create a new public folder using the "New-PublicFolder" shell > command, but it defaults to Post item types. Could anyone tell me how > t...

Not Display in Global Address List (External Contacts)
Does anyone know how I could bulk create external contacts without displaying them in the GAL? I used CSVDE to import and did not specify to place into the GAL under the showInAddressBook field. Is there anything else I would need to change to only list those external contacts in it's own contacts list? Amyt ...

Exchange managed content settings managed folder content settings
Hello running Exchange 2007 sp2. I am trying to figure out the connection or correlate between "managed folder mailbox policies" and "new managed content settings" It looks like I can configure all the managed content settings I need by configuring a managed content settings, and it's the managed content settings that I create as an administrator on one of the default folders that are actually taking action on the emails in the folder. The "managed folder mailbox policy" contains no settings and doesn't seem or appear to do much, but it n...

Displaying a cell's value versus it's formula
I have created an amortization schedule. When you click on a cell the toolbar shows the formula I used instead of the dollar value. I don't want anyone to know the formula I used so I want only the value show in the cell. I know you can click on a cell and F2 and then F9 to calculate the value, but I don't want to do that to calculate each individual cell. Is there a faster way to do the whole schedule at once? Thank you, Kris If you lock your cell, and protect the workbook, you can hide the formulas and just see the results. Select your range to lock Format|cells|Protect...

Name displays incorrectly
I have renamed a user in Active Directory, but the name has not been updated in Exchange (the mailbox has the name spelled correctly, but user logons has the old spelling). In Outlook, the GAL has the old spelling of the name. It has been several days since I renamed the user. Thanks Hello Carolyn: You renamed which field? The display name? Don't worry about the user seeing the old name in his/her Outlook profile IF that's the only place that has the old name. If the user is using Outlook in cached/offline mode, she might not have gotten the updated OAB (Offline Address Book)...

Displaying report filters on Excel Pivot Tables
I am using pivot charts to display different departments' data, over the course of the year. When looking at the graph, I often filter it to see just one department. When viewing and printing, I would like to be able to see which department the chart is filtered on. Is there a way to do this? ...

reverse lookup for my exchange server..............
I am using Exchange 2003 (name riley) on win 2003 AD domain controller. When I setup my AD, I used abc.com as my domain name. I figured it not a problem since I am only using it locally. I can send and receive e-mails with no problem. Now, since many are using reverse lookup to filter out spam e-mail, I am in trouble. When you do an nslookup for my exchange server from your server, it comes up as riley.abc.com with an IP address that belongs to abc.com (which is another website that does not belong to us). E-mails are being rejected by those who use reverse lookup because it does not match. ...

Formatting Cells to display Date: month/day/year
I am a newbie when it comes to Excel and after doing some searchin through threads I couldn't find the exact answer I needed so her goes: [image: http://www.geocities.com/danmann81/timesheet.jpg] The red box is the area I'm trying to format. What I want to do is se the formula for dates so that the dates update automatically withou having to change them manually every pay period. I hope that mak sense. Thank You Danie -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi your link does not work :-) You may try to avoid attachments/links and describe your issue in plain text ...

Mailbox permission in Exchange 2003
Hi All, I'm having mailbox permission problems in my Exchange 2003 as all the mailbox in my Exchange 2003 server can read each other's mail. I suspect someone accidentally grant everyone to have privilieges to all the mailboxes. Need advise on how to remove everyone privileges in all the mailboxex to resolve this problems. Thanks. On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:34:01 -0800, Sim YF <Sim YF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > I'm having mailbox permission problems in my Exchange 2003 as all the >mailbox in my Exchange 2003 server can read each other's...

Out of the Office replies (with Exchange Server)
I have a single user for which this option does not work. I have tried a different pc, upgrading her outlook client to 2002 (from 2000) with no avail. I even moved the mailbox between storage groups to see if that would help. Our servers are running exchange 2000. thanks in adv. any help is appreciated. NET Please try the steps in the following article. 248709 XCLN: Error Message: Out of Office Assistant Cannot Be Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=248709 -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "NETC...

Excel
I work for an international company and am constantly faced wit spreadsheets of financial data supplied in one currency that must b totally converted to another. Duplicating the spreadsheet and building a formula in each cell tha refers to a "seed" cell with the conversion rate is extremely tim consuming, and must be duplicated each time a new original sheet i received. As far as I know, the Euro conversion function only works for th companies actually involved in the Euro community, and can't be use for dollars to Euros, or Pesos to Pounds. Conceptually, I'm looking for a...

Display the the maximums left cell...
Hallo everybody! I work with not normal distributions and I get data outputted in excel work sheets. The final excel work sheet is a 2000 lines long csv archive with two columns which include a large sequence of decimal numbers. The sheet looks like this: ____________A_____________B 1_______2,624593_______8,58E-02 2_______2,644125_______8,75E-02 3_______2,663656_______0,084925 4_______2,683187_______8,66E-02 5_______2,702718_______0,084925 6_______2,722257_______8,58E-02 So, what do you want to do with this? Pete The highest value is =MAX(B$2:B$999) The corresponding cell i =OFFSET(C$1...

IMAP on exchange 2003/outlook
This might belong in the Outlook forum but... So I'm a bit confused and I know this is pretty simple but I need to configure IMAP in Outlook/Thunderbird for a email distribution group as in multiple users will check this dist group by talking to our Exc 2003 server. The dist group has about 6 users. My question is this - what logon account is used? Since this is a dist group and isn't associated with an account in AD does that mean that the users in the dist group all have access? I know the in and out servers - for ex below. in (imap) - mail1.mycompany.com out (smtp) - smtp.mycom...

Exchange 2003 Hosting Enviroment
I set up Global Address List specific to companies that we host email for. Everything works fine (I get the custom list) until I click Send/Receive - Download Address Book, or a user in Cached Mode downloads it. Instead of downloading the custom list it downloads the list containing every mail object in the domain. I set the QueryBaseDN for OWA, and the MSExchUseOAB settings for OAB in ADSI but whereas OWA works fine, OAB doesn't work. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thank you. Check the Default OAB - does it include all the custom Address Lists? Here's a tutorial on setting up G...

Exchange 2003 Message Tracking center
Exchange Administration Tools 2003 installed on an XP Workstation. When I run a search in the message tracking center, the following message is displayed : Could not find the specified exported object Installation : Win32 Error ID : 80070776 Exchange System Manager ...

Ports required to open for Exchange 2003/Windows2003
Hi, We have two different networks (two separate Windows Domain).However we have single Exchange server 2003 running in FE/BE config on one network. BE is on Windows cluster.What all ports needs to be open for another network to use MS outlook as well as any setting needs to be done in registry. On the same setup Exchange 5.5 is working fine where we have open the normal SMTP, POP, RPC besides this we have added to TCP/IP entries in MS Exchange DS and IS in registry for MS Outlook for other network. The same I did for Exchange 2003 IS. But I am not seeing DS key anywhere in the regist...

Microsoft Exchange compliance blog & Nominations ...
If any of you read my blog (The P0stmaster's Blog at http://p0stmaster.blogspot.com) regularly on Microsoft Exchange & compliance-related issues (and I know some of you do), I'd appreciated any nominations for the 2004 TechWeb Network Best Independent Tech Blog's Readers Choice Awards ... either in the compliance or the e-mail category. Nominations can be submitted here: http://www.techweb.com/blogawards/nominate.html. Thanks in advance! -- David Sengupta M.T.S., B.Sc., MVP, MCSE, MCSE 2000, CCA Ottawa, Canada The P0stmaster's BLOG on e-mail policy: http://p0stmaster.bl...

Emptying Delted Items folder in OWA
We are using Exchange 2000. I have a few users who access their mail thru OWA. There are a hand full of users, who, when clicking on the "empty deleted items" icon to clean out there deleted items folder get the following error msg, "An error occurred while trying to empty the Deleted Items folder". They then have to go into the Deleted Items folder and manually select the messages, then hit the delete key to remove them. This only happens to a hand full of users. Can anyone tell me what to look for to clear this problem up? TIA, Jim ...

Restore mailboxes to another Exchange 2003 server
I have a single domain with two sites, one for the main office and one for the remote office. Each site has domain controllers, Global Catalog, and DNS servers. I put one Exchange server in each site. The users in each office only use the Exchange server on site. If in a case our main office is totally gone, is there a way I can restore the mailboxes for the main office users from the backup tapes to the Exchange server in the remote office? Any suggestions are highly appreciated. -- Yi On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:38:09 -0800, "Yi" <Yi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Need 2 rows to display X axis data points for a line graph
X axis is 100 data points, and all must be displayed. They do display, but are all mushed up. In Corel, you have the option to display the X axis on up to 3 rows, with interspersed tick marks. In Excel, I seem to be able only to manipulate the number of categories between tick marks and tick mark labels, but can't stagger data onto multiple rows. Any ideas or add-ins I could try? Excel 2002. Thanks, Susan This web page gives a suggestion for staggering your labels: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Staggered.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technic...

exchange 2003 message tracking error: Take the challenge
Hello.. to all..I am running exchange 2003 sp1 standard edition. I want to enable message tracking on my 2003 exhcanger server however when I select the check box to do so I am prompted to with the following error: access denied: facility: ldap provider id no: 80070005 Microsoft exchange management I am also logged in as adminstrator with full right to all mailboxes Can anyone tell me why this is happening ??? I also gave full access to the log file/folder to try to eliminate this error but I had no success Are you doing this from an account which has been delegated rights to Exchange? ...

Can Small Business Exchange server be set as Slave
We are in the process of upgrading from Small Business Server to 2003 r2. We are also migrating exchange server. can I set my new exchange server as master and old small business server as slave. Thanks Please help. SS Master and slave in terms of replicating Stores or load-balancing? Nothing out of the box. Exchange Server 2007 lets you replicate Stores locally to another volume (known as LCR or "Local Continuous Replication"), or between 2 cluster nodes (known as CCR or "Cluster Continuous Replication"), but this doesn't allow you to "load-balance&qu...

Questions about exchange server 2000
Hi all, I'm new to the sys admin game and as with most jobs, been thrown in at the deep end. The company I'm working for has an Exchange 2000 server that is constantly getting spammed and trying to bounce mail back all over the place. As you can imagine, it's not doing much for the performance of things. I have set the server to forward all NDR's to me so I can see if they are simply just spam or mails that should be going elsewhere but either the person has left or an e-mail address has been entered incorrectly. What I would ideally like is for these messages to come di...

Symantec Mail Security 4.6 for Exchange
Hi, I am using Symantec Mail security (SMS) 4.6 for Exchange 2003. I recently updated my verion of SMS from 4.0 to 4.6. Since I have updated, the users cannot send email to few specific domains. We are receiving the emails from them just fine, but we cannot send any. I have filters setup for incoming emails but nothign for outgoing... Does anybody know how I can resolve this issue? I would greatlly appreciate it if you can help me with this. Thanks, Emon. ...