redemption - pickfolder displays empty exchange mailbox

Using Outlook 2003 and Redemption 5.0.0.2174

Hi,

I am developing an application that archives emails and uses
redemption.  I have one user in my test group that is continually
having problems accessing lists of folders.  I wrote my own folder
picker code using mapitables but had to abort that as this user could
not get the folder picker to load, was really slow.

So I reverted to the PickFolder method in Redemption.

On first use of the folder picker, all folders display as expected.
The user initiates an archiving task and all completes without issue.
If the user tries to create another archiving task the folder picker
displays the root node for the mailbox and no folders.  Interestingly
the user has a pst loaded which shows folders.  It only seems to be
the exchange store with "issues".

Closing outlook and reopening it rectifies the issue but this should
not be required.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greg J
0
gjohncock (2)

i highly recommend asking developer questions in the MSDN forums -
that's were the dev experts hang out.
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlookdev/threads

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 9/7/2011 3:42 PM, Greg J wrote:
> Using Outlook 2003 and Redemption 5.0.0.2174
>
> Hi,
>
> I am developing an application that archives emails and uses
> redemption.  I have one user in my test group that is continually
> having problems accessing lists of folders.  I wrote my own folder
> picker code using mapitables but had to abort that as this user could
> not get the folder picker to load, was really slow.
>
> So I reverted to the PickFolder method in Redemption.
>
> On first use of the folder picker, all folders display as expected.
> The user initiates an archiving task and all completes without issue.
> If the user tries to create another archiving task the folder picker
> displays the root node for the mailbox and no folders.  Interestingly
> the user has a pst loaded which shows folders.  It only seems to be
> the exchange store with "issues".
>
> Closing outlook and reopening it rectifies the issue but this should
> not be required.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Greg J
0
outlookmvp (5838)

Audit mailboxes on exchange 2003
Hi guys, I need to grant a permission to a user to monitor few mailboxes. When I add a user through advanced exchange tab and give him read perm. then connect remote mailbox in Outlook 2003 and click on the mailbox - it tells me - unable to expand the folder. If I assign full acess to the mailbox to a user then I'm able to open and view e-mails etc. But I dont want a user to remove read/unread flags or be able to delete anything from the mailbox that he's monitoring. I needs to be on the background w/o users knowing it. How do I correctly do it? Is there any :snoopers: that ...

VPN, Exchange Server, Palm hotsync
My Toshiba 3500 was successfully synchronizing Outlook over a VPN to my Exchange Server until I installed the Palm Pilot m505 synchronization software. After this, I could not connect over the VPN to synchronize Outlook. This was a problem that showed up in Outlook, not in the Palm software itself. However, the problem started when I installed the Palm software and stopped when I removed it. Any idea what the heck is going on? John Have you checked with the Palm support forums or online help? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. D...

Recent Exchange 2003 issues
Hi Everyone I recently installed Exchange 2003 onto our AD domain and now have the following 2 issues When we click on the send/recieve button we get the following message ' Task Microsoft Exchange Server reported error (0x80040107): could not open the item. try again' Also we have setup all Outlook users to point to the new server, then someone will say that they haven't recieved any e-mails for a while and i have to delete their account off of Outlook then add them in again, then all their mail appears, its a bit strange!! Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks ...

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange SP2 Problem #2
Hi All, I have just upgraded Exchange 2003 A/P cluster, running on Windows 2003 SP1, to Ex 2003 SP2. I upgraded the front end / owa server first. Then upgraded the cluster nodes. I have email flowing correctly, but have lost OWA functionality from the front end - I am able to see the logon screen, but I get an HTTP500 error when attempting to authenticate. I am able to use OWA directly to the backend. There are no errors in the application or event logs on either the front or backend end servers. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Wayne Meant to say, I have followed the advice i...

Outlook trying to connect to the wrong Exchange
I have some user's in my network that are traveling to remote offices. The network is setup with Windows 2003 AD with two sites: head office (Office 1) with 2 DC’s and remote location (Office 2) with another 2 DC’s. Also, Exchange 2003 is setup with 2 sites, one in head office (Exch1) and one in the remote office (Exch2). The users have their mailboxes setup accordingly with their office location (ex: user working in Office 1 has his mailbox setup in Exch 1). The offices are connected with VPN links. When a user is traveling from the head office (Office 1) to the remote office (Off...

My pictures are compressed somehow and they don't display on my s.
My pictures do not show up on my screen but they do print and I can see them on my print preview and I must have a wrong setting somewhere. Can anyone help me, I can't work with them when I can't see them and I have a job to complete. I have never run into this before View, pictures, detailed display... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Marian" <Marian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A63F349-C593-435E-99A1-518BE2FB9CD4@microsoft.com... > My pictures do not show up on m...

Exchange GAL in CRM
Is there an easy way to import the Exchnge Gal into CRM Contacts? ...

Exchange to capture pop3 outgoing mail
it is possible to capture all outgoing emails on Exchange if the client is using pop3. it is very important that I’m able to capture a copy of all outgoing email. So I would set outlook to use the exchange server as the outgoing smtp server. Thanks, Steve Louie On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:21:05 -0700, Steve Louie <SteveLouie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >it is possible to capture all outgoing emails on Exchange if the client is >using pop3. it is very important that I�m able to capture a copy of all >outgoing email. So I would set outlook to use the exchange serve...

How to display mfc control in new look style?
Hi, anybody knows how to show mfc controls like button or other controls in new look style? Please see below link to know about what i mean by new look style is. http://www.geocities.com/henky_arektc97/question/ I want to make my controls in dialog shown as Picture 2, not as Picture 1 (look at the button). Are there lack of some defines or codes or something else, because when I create new project again, the dialog will be displayed as I want in Picture 2. I use MFC 9 (vs2008). Thank you for any help! "Saitama" <Saitama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Dead server in Exchange 5.5
Hi Is it possible to remove a dead server from the exchange directory in 5.5? Thanks Gary On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:47:18 +0100, "Gary Hindson" <garyhindson@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi > >Is it possible to remove a dead server from the exchange directory in 5.5? > >Thanks > >Gary > Highlight it in the admin gui and hit delete. What if the server is in a different site? "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message news:mu64g11nfcuu1vg39e84d3e577lph078gc@4ax.com... > On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:47:18 +01...

Setting up OWA with Windows Certificate
Hi everyone, I need to configure my OWA to make use of a certificate generated by a Windows 2003 server for an Exchnage 2003 server. I know how to do this using third party (Verisign) certs but I need to find a free solution. If you could point me to the correct documentation it would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Jose One of your options would be to use your own Certificate Authority. You can install this from the Win2k3 Server CD. With that you can generate your own certificate just like verisign. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

Stem-and-leaf display\Excel 2000
Create a stem-and-leaf display using Excel 2000, using either character or numeric data. Any help or information is appreciated. Thank you. This Google search yields 46,500 results http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&as_qdr=all&q=excel+chart+stem+leaf&btnG=Search -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fjm" <fjm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336E0EC1-A433-4112-A268-A30BFA44CFC6@microsoft.com... > Create a stem-and-leaf display using Excel 2000, using either character or > numeric data. Any...

Customer (Pole) Display
Hi, I'm having a problem where Pole Display's on one customer site are dying one by one. At first it starts flickering, then within a few days it dies completely. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? Thanks. This may be an OPOS driver mismatch or wrong Baud Rate issue. Which PD model and OPOS driver are you using? Try to change the baud rate to others value first. "trcboy" <trcboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A30ECE7B-0AF4-4497-873D-D9900D5F6B4F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm having a problem where Pole Display's ...

Weird exchange service account problems
Scenario: I attempted to install Brightstor Arcserve backup agent using the arcserve software. I got an error saying it was unable to finalize the account. I manually deleted the dbagent account several times in an attempt to troubleshoot the problem. Now my exchange server is screwed up. Sypmtoms: Logged on as Administrator (Exchange Service Account...I know this should be a seperate user, will rectify that when this is fixed) I am seeing problems with permissions inside of the Exchange Server Administrator program. When I click on Connections->Internet Mail Service connector I get t...

old Exchange Server remains site folder server
Hello, I am trying to replace an old exchange 2000 server with a new 2003 server. I have moved all the mailboxes, public folders and system folders as per the KB article regarding 'removing the first exchange 2000 server in a site.' However, the old Exchange 2000 server is still showing up as the site folder server in AD. I have not uninstalled Exchange from the old server yet - will the site folder server role be automatically reassigned at that time or will I have to manually edit the AD with ADSI Edit and put the DN of my new Exchange server in there to change this role? Also, am ...

Displaying images as a result of an 'if' statement
Is it possible to write an if statement to display a picture if a cel contains a certain value? Ive got if statements nailed, its not problem with that i have, just the returning of an image, rather tha text ar a hyperlink. Eg, "if cell A1="stadium", to show a picture of a stadium in cell C1" Thanks in advance for any hel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not possible with formulas -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is it possible to write an if statement to display a picture if a cell > contains a certain value? Ive got if statemen...

Can I display the current date in a text box?
I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a text box? And how would I do that? You would have to have some code to load it, such as Textbox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") or link the texbox to a cell with the formula =TODAY() -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "stephiebrady" <stephiebrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C78C4C78-C12C-4A8F-9121-E377ACAE3B5B@microsoft.com... > I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a > text box? And ...

Web access for Exchange 2003
What do I have to do in order to access my Exchange 2003 via the Web? thanks, Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:39:53 -0500, "Raul Rego" <rrego@njpies.org> wrote: >What do I have to do in order to access my Exchange 2003 via the Web? > >thanks, > >Raul Rego >rrego@njpies.org > Check that you can access the server from within the network by going to http://server/exchange and then http://server.fqdn.com/exchange If that works then simply opening TCP80 on the firewall and implementing whatever NAT or port forwarding your specific network ...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise Capabilities
Hi guys, can anyone tell me if Enterprise Exchange sitting on Enterprise Server 2003 is capable of emailing 20 million users on a daily basis? The system would be running on a dual g3 Dell server, maybe a 1750 with a couple of Gb of ram and some NAS storage as a back-end. If not, do you know Microsofts recommended solution? Any help gratefully received. Not to take away from Exchange, but you can try Ironport as a gateway device to do the mass emailings. Just don't send me spam please. They do have really good MTAs for outbound mail. They also use Exchange as the back-end. A ...

CRM and Exchange Problems
Dear All, i have a problem between CRM and exchange, my setup is as follow:- i have a single computer with Windows Server 2003 installed, Exchange 2003, and CRM 1.2, CRM is working just fine, the samething is with Exchange OWA, however, i can't get CRM to send mails throught Exchange, i've installed the Exchange E-Mail Router but with no success, is there is any kind of incompatability between CRM and Windows or Exchange 2003, is there is any guide to follow to solve this? Thanks in advance GQ ...

E-mail Account
I am able to connect to Exchange my exchange 2003 server (on server 2003 standard) using the email account "Microsoft Exchange Server". To verify that I am connected I click on "Check name" and both the server name and username are underlined. However once I open Outlook 2003 Outlook is very slow and doesn't repond very well. I try to send an e-mail and it sits in the outbox and messages that are on my exchange server in outlook web access aren't downloaded. If I try send/receive Outlook locks up and even sometime says (not responding). Outlook eventual...

SBS/Exchange and Blackberry Enterprise Server
Dear Newsgroup, on a Small Business Server 2003-machine with installed Blackberry Enterprise Server (and three Blackberries) I have got the following problem. Since a few days, no Blackberry is able to send E-Mails. E-Mail-receiving, Synchronizing calendar/contacts/tasks and incoming E-Mail works perfectly. I have been set the security policies of the related users, the server however "forgets" these settings within half an hour. The settings made by me are the following: 1. User x/y/z --> security, add BESAdmin, full access 2. User BESAdmin --> security, add x...

1018 error while taking bkp in exchange 5.5
We have transfered all the mails to local pst file. I don't have onlne backup to restore to eliminate 1018 error.Offline bakup what I have is one month old, will it resolve the problem if I restore that. I have only option to run eseutil /p (hard repair) on database. what will be the implication on site. Kidly suggest. >-----Original Message----- >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;812531 >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;314917 >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;151789 >Basically you have to restor...

I'm trying to display the next month in a text field
Hi there, I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for displaying the next month on a text field on my form. I just want the entire month name and nothing else and I have been struggling with: DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()) + 1, 1) but its showing the day and year too and thats not what I need. Thanks in advance! GM gmazza wrote: >Hi there, >I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for >displaying the next month on a text field on my form. >I just want the entire month name and nothing else...