Recovering emails lost as a result of removing user account in Win 98

A few weeks ago, I have made some changes to my friend's Win98 OS to d
away with the login popup (where u press enter or cancel when u have t
key in your username. Both will bring you to the Desktop of win98)
Can't remember the details exactly, but it does include changing th
Windows Family Logon or something similar, and then changing som
passwords for the computer, including the screensaver, renaming th
extension to the existing password for the user to .old extension. (
searched online and followed the instructions there)

I didn't realise that after that, some data the user was previousl
using was wiped out, and I would like to know if there's a way for m
to recover the emails in her outlook/outlook express now. I believe
that the emails could still be in the PC. Please correct me if i'
wrong.

Sorry that i can't provide any detailed information because thos
changes happened a few weeks ago and after that i was away from m
country till now.

If anyone knows how to recover emails, please kindly enlighten me. Man
many thanks.

Karen:

For Outlook, search for any files with a .PST extension.  For Outlook
Express, go to http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com for help in recovering the
data files.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:acme15.y1z1y@outlookforum.com,
acme15 wrote:

> A few weeks ago, I have made some changes to my friend's Win98 OS to
> do away with the login popup (where u press enter or cancel when u
> have to key in your username. Both will bring you to the Desktop of
> win98). Can't remember the details exactly, but it does include
> changing the Windows Family Logon or something similar, and then
> changing some passwords for the computer, including the screensaver,
> renaming the extension to the existing password for the user to .old
> extension. (i searched online and followed the instructions there)
>
> I didn't realise that after that, some data the user was previously
> using was wiped out, and I would like to know if there's a way for me
> to recover the emails in her outlook/outlook express now. I believed
> that the emails could still be in the PC. Please correct me if i'm
> wrong.
>
> Sorry that i can't provide any detailed information because those
> changes happened a few weeks ago and after that i was away from my
> country till now.
>
> If anyone knows how to recover emails, please kindly enlighten me.
> Many many thanks.
>
> Karen:)

> ~~View and post usenet messages directly from
> http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Workflow emails
You can create a workflow rule that sends a notification email to someone when a task is created or assigned to them. It would be very helpful to be able to include a link that will open that task or appointment or case. You can insert a Case number, for example, but you would need the GUID for that case in order to create the link. The suggestion is that in the list of fields you can insert into an email or a template, add a link for the record that was just created or assigned so that the user can open that link from the email message. -Clay ---------------- This post is a suggest...

How to remove all money2004 from pocket pc 2003

Need to setup excahnge account that can't send/recieve mail only c
I have a unique situation where I need to configure about 20 exchange accounts that cannot send or recieve mail at all. But still need to be able to do full calendaring and tasks. These users will be using pop accounts for their email and should only need exchange for calendaring. We are using exchange 2003 and all client machines are on outlook 2003. Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated since I have no idea where to start with this. Thanks, Don't think that'll work... meeting requests are messages. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja....

Some Emails Display As All Links
Usually, emails from Dell (etc) are nice looking pages, but sometimes they come across like below (and sometimes from other companies as well). Having a link to a .gif file makes no sense (see below), so I presume there is something wrong. Why do some of my emails look like below instead of a now page with the gif (and all else) displayed? Bob Day To unsubscribe to Dell marketing e-mails or to submit questions or comments, please use the following links instead of replying to this e-mail: Unsubscribe <http://homeandhomeoffice.dell.com/r/r?1.1.Hl.2Ue.qmH8G.CGsUJi..N.CkpM.1H62.3hYX...

Adding images in the email message
I am trying to create an email activity for all the accounts. How can we insert an image inside the email message. I do not want to use an attachment. Is it possible to place the image at a specific place inside the email? If it is not possible, can we format the email in a HTML editor and place the HTML code inside the email message. Thanks. Hello! The only way we get it to work was to use an image that resides on a web server. We design our template in a web page editor and the images have to linked to with full path (http:// webser/sss.gif) Then copy the formatted web page content and...

Running Outlook with an unpriv user.
--- ENV --- MS Vista 64bit Biz ed Outlook 2007 SP1 (12.0.6300.5000) (Latest patches applied to OS & Outlook) --- end --- I've tried to run it as an unpriv user but it crashes almost immediately. Isn't this setup supported? Rgds /PL ...

email replies are blank
I have outlook 2007 installed on my computer with two email acocunts. One is a microsoft exchange account and one is a pop3 account. Both accounts have the same problem. When I respond to an email the recipient receives an email from me that is blank in the body. I tried uninstalling office 2007 and starting over but still have the same problem. If I send a new email it goes out just fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd stil...

no date/time on individual emails in inbox
Hi, Currently my inbox emails are showin up correctly in the "list" view with recipient, title and date and time. However when I click on each individual email they read "sent:none" instead of the date/time. This is just in my inbox, but is a problem when printingor fowarding a copy as they have no date/time on. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing outlook but with no success Any help would be greatly appreciated. Did outlook download the messages or did you import them? What type of email account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips:...

User role setup on Business Portal
I would be eternally appreciated if anyone can answer to my question about Business Portal. I have been trying to delete roles to this sales person, from Site Settings -> Users and Permissions -> selecting the user from the left nav. then, Roles tab. By clicking the "Modify" button at the bottom, I can add a role(which was totally a mistake for me to do that), but I am not able to delete the role I just accidentally added. How am I supposed to delete that role? Please let me know. akio ...

Remove part of Page Header on last page
I have a report that has a Page Header that I want to print on every page, except on the last page, where I only want some of the information from the Page Header to print. I tried adding code to remove the information by making these controls invisible on the ReportFooter_Print event, which previews fine, but when it's actually printed it makes these controls invisible on all pages. Is this possible to do? In the PageFooter OnFormat event write the code 'Check if last page and return the oposite value to hide the text box Me.TextBoxName.Visible = Not ( [Page] = [Pages]) -- G...

Access 2003 VB Code Export Query Failing with Access 2007 user
I have a set of excel export queries I created in an access 2003 DB. Now, some of my users have upgraded to Access 2007 and are running in to a "Parameter" error when the execute the "canned" excel export queries I created for them. My only presumption is that it is due to the fact that I have hardcoded the export function, to go to an Office 2003 Excel file, and for whatever reason, Access 2007 cannot handle this. This make sense? And if so, any suggestions? I suppose if there was an easy way to test what version of office/excel they are running, I could change...

Problems with new user's add...
We have a two independent W2003 servers/domain controlers. On one server i was instaled CRM 3.0 and all chapters working without problems but when i want adding CRM user from other DC i receiving error message about SOAP server problems. What it is? Whay i can't adding users from other trusted DC???? Pls i will be very grateful about any help........ Thanx ...

CRM email history
How can I view past emails sent thru CRM to contacts and/or accounts? Thanks, Chris Chris: on the contact or account detail screen, choose Activities from the Navigation bar at the left. then choose the History Tab to see all completed activities. Dave "Chris Hedlund" <chrishedlund@alltel.net> wrote in message news:eBZGM4ybEHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How can I view past emails sent thru CRM to contacts and/or accounts? > > Thanks, > > Chris > > > Beautiful - thank you "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote i...

Any way to have Leads, Contacts & Accounts in the same Marketing L
Hi, I have new Leads and existing Contacts and Accounts which I'll see at the same tradeshow, or respond to the samemarketing campaign. Is there any way to add them to the same Marketing List and/or Campaign in CRM? I'm not sure if I'm on the right track with this, but it's looking to me like it's just an either/or deal, and I might have to have multiple marketing lists/campaigns for the same thing. TIA, John Hi, Each marketing list is for one type of entity. If you want to handle several at one time you can select several Marketinglists as target audience in a...

How can I stop Outlook from importing email from another account?
Every time I open Outlook it imports all of my emails from my main email account. Is there any way that I can stop this? I don't want these to be imported. -- Mary On 15/03/2010 05:48, Mary wrote: > Every time I open Outlook it imports all of my emails from my main email > account. Is there any way that I can stop this? I don't want these to be > imported. Outlook only "imports" if you specifically TELL it to. You need to describe EXACTLY what happens. Tell us the type of email account as well. ...

Maximum Exchange Users
I'm looking for a good Exchange architecture sizing whitepaper, document, anything. We're looking to implement a private email system for about 300,000 of our users in the US utilizing Exchange. Each user would be limited to 10MB of disk space so I know we'd be looking at a few TB total. Obviously we'd be looking at numerous quad-clusters connected to a SAN but I was wondering if AD/Exchange could even handle that many users in a multiple front-end/back-end configuration. Anyone have any ideas where to start? You can start from here. My practice show, that 300K us...

How can I remove photoview
photoview is preventing my applications from running. I cant even delete it from the registry. how do I remove it please? charles@farley.xxx wrote: > photoview is preventing my applications from running. > I cant even delete it from the registry. > > how do I remove it please? Programs & Features control panel and remove it and/or follow the manufacturer's instrcutions. What exactly *is* PhotoView (the one you are speaking of?) -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-question...

PS2007: PWA Slow for one user
Hi! We have one user that is having a slowness issue when loading pages in PWA. To load My Tasks, for example, takes about 30 seconds. He seems to be the only one with the issue, but we can't figure out what is different with his machine. All thoughts are appreciated! Thank you! Stacey We are experiencing similar issues on Windows 7 64 bit machines. Also when choosing a project document area on PWA it launches an explorer window. We are running Project server 2003. My windows 7 32 bit machine has no issues with PWA. On May 6, 12:16=A0pm, Stacey <Sta......

Workflow for Customer or Account in Service Activity (Partylist)
My Business Goal is to create a workflow that looks at the Service Type and other values in the Service Activity and calculate billing into a custom entity. This all seems quite straightforward except for my ability to get the Account or Contact that is in the Customer field of the Activity. This is a lookup field of entity type partylist. How would you grab the information in this field? I am using Workflow, passing the objectID of the activity into the .dll. From this I am able to grab just about everything I need for my calculations. Howerver, I cannot seem to get the Account...

not receiving emails
Hi, Here is the message I am receiving: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com', Server: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Thanks -- qg "qg" wrote: > Hi, > > Here is the message I am receiving: > > Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for > this include server problems, netw...

How can I change the font and text size that occurs for all email?
I use Outlook 2003 and want to alter the font and text size for all email messages that I create See this article: Change the text font http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP052426961033.aspx?pid=CH063564791033 -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:818454B9-C709-486A-A99B-520164F90B94@microsoft.com... >I use Outlook 2003 and want to alter the font and text size for all email > messages that I create ...

remove "getting started" from excel 2003
Hi all. Whenever i open excel 2003, i could see the "getting started" box on the right side of excel application. How do i remove it permanently? I have another question. When i open 1 of my excel document there is a green triangle on every cell of 1 column. How can i remove the green triangles? Thks in advance. Both can be resolved from the Tools>Options dialog box. On the View tab, uncheck Startup Task Pane in the "Show" section On the Error Checking tab, uncheck the Enable background error checkin in the "Settings" section. note: the green triangle...

PDF conversions often result in corrupted photos
I use Microsoft Publisher 2003. I frequently encounter problems with the PDF file conversion (I use full version Adobe Acrobat). I don't know if the problem is with Adobe or with Publisher. Frequently, photos that look just fine in Publisher are corrupted in the PDF file (e.g., pixel squares show, picture looks like there is a fine line going thru it horizontically). To work around it, I have to go back into the Publisher file, delete the photo, re-insert the SAME phone and reconvert that page to PDF--this resolves the problem 99% of the time. However, I don't understand why it ...

account annual return is wrong
I have two brokerage accounts with this problem. In account #1, the only transactions are an "add shares" and three months later a "sell" of those shares at the same price they were added. This transaction was nearly two years ago. The entire value of the account has been cash for some time (at a small interest rate). Yet in the portfolio view, the annual return of this account is shown as -74% (a bad return indeed!). Account #2 is in pretty much the same condition as Account #1, except that I recently bought a security, about 10% of the value of the account (the ba...

Account blocked from sending
Hi, I receive an error when trying to send that implies I have violated the terms of use. Here is the text: An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'july 2010 prayer brunch at Kim Whites ', Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken; This account is currently blocked from sending messages. If you don't think you've violated the Windows Live Terms of Use, please contact customer support.', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69 Ple...