Recovering Closed Folder from Folder List

I closed a Folder on the Folder List using the right click
on the mouse.
Was this folder deleted or just hidden?
Can it be restored?
If yes, How?
Thanks

0
anonymous (74722)

It was just closed. You need to search your computer for
all .pst files (unless you know the name of the pst).

To search for All pst's just open the search box and look for:
    *.pst

Then look at the dates of the files to try to determine which one
it was.

--
Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]

"Peggy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I closed a Folder on the Folder List using the right click
on the mouse.
Was this folder deleted or just hidden?
Can it be restored?
If yes, How?
Thanks

Removing a server holding Public Folders
We have an Exchange 2003 mail environment with a FE/BE setup as well as a single server which held our Public Folders. The FE server holds no mailboxes or public folders and is only for OWA and OMA. The BE server is on an active/passive cluster. For the sake of this explanation, I will label them as: Exchange1 - clustered servers holding all mailboxes and public folders Exchange2 - single server which held our public folders and I THINK still holds a replica of PF's ExchangeOWA - Our FE server for OWA and OMA Over a year ago, I added Exchange1 to hold public folder replic...

Copy email (with attachments) from personal folder to mailbox
Outlook 2002 When I try to copy an email (with attachments) from my personal folders (.pst files) to my mailbox, I get the error, "Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied." The thing is, the email does get copied to the mailbox just fine, except it only contains one attachment even if the original had 2 or more. Does anyone know why or how this can be changed? Thanks! ...

close, restore and minimize icons disapear
when I go to close the program with the x icon in the top corner it closes the workbook but not the program. This is not a problem, however, the icons then disapear for the program and I cannot close it unless I close it from the taskbar. I suspect some corruption in the program, but I don't want to reinstal it unless it is necessary. Is there something I can do to prevent this? Maybe the excel title bar is just off the screen???? Can you see the title bar? If yes, then ignore the rest of this message. If no, rightclick on an empty spot on the windows task bar (where the Sta...

Update the Global Address List (cached, not cached) in outlook
Hi, Once I made an userright error on one of the Exchange server (2003) Global Address List. Some users could see All Address Lists. I corrected the error, but... The users with "cached" turned on in outlook can still see the for bitten data. The users who do not use "cache" are only able to see the right data. The question is, how do I force an update of the cached users? If I delete the *.oab files from the clients the problems are solved on the particular computer. I do not have access to all computers, so this deletion is not an option... Best Regards Martin ...

Verifying Public Folder Replication is complete
Is there a way to verify public folder replication is 100% done between a new Exchange 2003 server and an older Exchange 2000 server before removing the Exchange 2000 server (according to the appropriate ms kb article)? Sorry - the reason I'm asking is that I'm testing E2K to E2K3 migration and I finally got PF replication partially? working. After a day of replication - the counts/sizes don't look the same from ESM and the pub1.edb and pub1.stm don't look the same on both servers (on E2K3 the pub1.stm is larger than the E2K pub1.stm). The public folder hierarchy looks...

How do I select data from a pick list and place in current cell?
How do I select data from a pick list and automatically place the value selected in the current cell of my worksheet? Thanks John Day Hi John, You use Data validation. See Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html --- Regards, Norman "John Day" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29b601c49ebb$2c267f90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I select data from a pick list and automatically > place the value selected in the current cell of my > worksheet? > > Thanks John Day Thanks Norman...

Excel2003: Online help Customize Custom Hdr/FTR Drop down List
Since it appears that text can not be pasted into a Custom Footer or Header, the next action would be to edit the drop down lists for a Custom Header/ Footer. No online help is available to provide assistance on how the current list is created or edited. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Excel. How do I remove 1,000 mailed addresses from list of 2,265?
I have a mailing list of 2,265 names. Someone has randomly seleceted 1,000 names from the list and mailed them. I need to mail the other 1,265. I have two Excel workbooks with 2,265 names in one and 1,000 in the other. I need to be able to subtract the data in the smaller workbook from the larger one. Any ideas please?? With data in Sheet1 (2265) and Sheet2 (1000) ; apply the below formula in Sheet1 cell B1 and copy down to row 2265..... =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,A1),"","Mail to be sent") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Phil C." wrote: > I...

missing emails from personal folders in outlook 2007
Windows 7 asked me if I want to backup my personal folders and I clicked yes. Then realized that all my emails from jan 25- feb17 in all my personal folders had disappeared. I have never experienced anything like this before. Any suggestions? "rosie" <rosie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA4CD48B-EFEB-4DA5-8BFE-A9B27919AD5F@microsoft.com... > Windows 7 asked me if I want to backup my personal folders and I clicked > yes. > Then realized that all my emails from jan 25- feb17 in all my personal > folders had disappeared. I have never...

Creating a column thjat looks up info from a list in ANOTHER site
Is there a way to create a column in a list that looks up data in another list, on the same server but another site? Gavin Not directly. A lot depends on where the list is that you want to lookup data from. If the list is in a site that is above your current site in the hierarchy you can create a site column in that site that looks up the data from the list and then use that column in your other site. If the site with the list is not directly above your current site, then no. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Gavin Stei...

Different Master Category Lists?
Running OL 2003 Pro SP1 under WinXP Pro. I have several different .pst files I keep open at once, and would like to have different, non-overlapping Master Category Lists for each .pst file. This is because I have created a lot of categories that are specific to each ..pst file, and it would make each .pst file's category list a lot less cumbersome to wade through if it didn't have all those categories from the other .pst's. Is there any way I can create separate, non-overlapping category lists for each .pst file? The Categories are stored in the registry under the Curre...

move public folders from Exchange 2000 to 2003 #2
I've moved all of my user mailboxes, but how do I move the Public folders to my new mail server? On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:05:57 -0400, "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: >I've moved all of my user mailboxes, but how do I move the Public folders to >my new mail server? > Same org? Add replicas to the new server. yes it is the same org, but I will be getting rid of the old server. "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message news:ed8a42999gn8j0veq54veojp11nfsbjq4b@4ax.com... > On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:05:57 -04...

Synchronizing folders?
I'm using Outlook 2003 with BCM, on a standalone desktop PC...no exchange server. Only thing it's connected to is a router and other PC's on LAN. When I first hit Send/Receive, the icon in bottom/right task bar changes slightly and if you have the cursor on it....it says "synchronizing folders", then 1 second later, the icon changes again slightly and goes to send/recieve email What is synchronizing folders? Is there a place I can see the results? Thanks, George ...

Explorer Bar-Folders
I'm using WinXP SP3 fully updated. When I open Windows Explorer through a desktop shortcut, I have the folders displayed (View | Explorer Bar | check Folders). I've also created desktop shortcuts for Program Files and for my datafiles--but they don't display folders on opening. I can click on Folders to display them, but the setting doesn't hold once I exit. I tried unlocking the toolbars and going through View | Explorer Bar | check Folders and then relocking, but that didn't work either. Is there a way to get the setting to hold? Thank you! Jo-Anne...

determine last time file/folder was modified
I found a script on the net that searches a folder for the names of subfolders and files and pumps that information to a log file. I have modified the script to gather more info and to export the data to an Excel spreadsheet. I just wanted to get some feedback on it. Thanks, Jeremy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 'Purpose of this script is to recursively search a directory 'to return the following info about subfolders and subfiles 'Date Created, Date Last Accessed, Date Last Modified, 'Name, Path, Size and Type. 'An...

Drop-down list in a cell
How does one put a drop-down list of set values in a cell? For example, a table of rows has a particular column where the only valid choices should be the days of the week, and I want a drop-down list of those values in each cell of that column. I don't quite get the VB stuff so is there a simple solution? Thx I think that the simplest solution is to use Data|validation. And Debra Dalgleish has everything you ever want to know about this (and more) at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Hall wrote: > > How does one put a drop-down list of set values in a cell? For...

Data Validation Lists
I have a question regarding the drop downs lists created using Data Validation. Is there any way to make them so that when I type something new into the box that it is automatically added to the drop down list? Thank you!! Download a sample workbook from Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DataVal Scroll down to DV0012 and download the workbook. DV0012 - Update Validation List -- type a new value in a cell that contains data validation, and it's automatically added to the source list, and the list is sorted; a macro automates the list ...

Combo Box not selecting value from list
Hi all, I have created an unbound combo box linked to a query. The combo box provides the list but will not allow the user to select a value from the list. I then hope to use the selected value as a parameter in a new query. Tks TGW ...

listing all names in a worksheet
how can i list all the worksheet names in a master sheet? is there a formula? an easy way?? Hi Tthe, See responses to your earlier post(s). --- Regards, Norman "tthe" <tthe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001E6EA7-A9AD-44B4-A297-4D82B8B10F34@microsoft.com... > how can i list all the worksheet names in a master sheet? > is there a formula? an easy way?? This excellent utility has a way to list all range names in a worksheet. http://www.asap-utilities.com "tthe" <tthe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001E6EA7-A9...

modifying distribution list for current email only--how?
I have a distribution list. Currently I use it to forward incoming email I receive to all the people on the list. However, occasionally I'll receive email with others on the distribution list already copied on it. So to avoid forwarding email to those individuals, I'd like to crop their addresses from the distribution list and only send it to those who haven't seen it already. I don't mind doing this by hand, but the problem is, the only way to do it by hand is to modify the distribution list permanently, forward the email to the distribution list, and then go back and re-...

Folder Documents and Settings disappeared
The folder Documents and Settings disappeared from Windows Explorer. How do I make it reappear? Thank you for your help. Vista x64, SP1 In Vista (and in Windows 7), "Documents and Settings" is not a folder. Vista/Win7 uses a different file structure than XP does/did. Those familiar folder names you may be used to, like "My Documents", "Documents & Settings", etc. are not folders in Vista/Win7. They are junction points, and are used for legacy programs which were written to utilize the XP file structure. They will redirect the programs to use...

Creating distribution lists
Using Entourage 2008, I want to create a distribution list of people I can send emails to from users in our Exchange database. 1. How do I create a new distribution list? 2. How can I import users into this list without having to retype them all? Thanks! Hi Rick, in Entourage, distribution lists are called "groups", and you can create them via the menu command File>New>Group. You can then start typing names, and Entourage will autocomplete the addresses with information from your contact list. Alternatively, you can move windows around a little bit and simpl...

Lookup a cell in a list to see if it is in the list
is there a way to check if a certain cell value is in a list of values? I need to return a logical TRUE/FALSE. Ie. TRUE if it is in the list and FALSE if it is not. I could use a rather large OR function but would prefer a simpler method. I was trying to use MATCH but I couldnt figure out how to change the #NA to a FALSE value. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -- quimrider ------------------------------------------------------------------------ quimrider's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29009 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

complie a list of text fields
How can I complie a list of all the rows in a column if the rows contain text? For example, in column C, I have the following data for each row: 1 foo 2 <blank> 3 bar I want a formula to return the contents of the text column (with line break/wrap): foo bar Thanks ...

Error Adding a New contact or distribution list...
I am getting a message 'A new entry could not be added. Please use the contacts module to create this entry.' I click 'New' to create a new e-mail, and I click 'To'. If the contact I need is not listed I click 'New' to add a new contact. Next I select entry type, and I highlight 'New Contact', and then click, 'OK'. This is when I get the message. I never received this in the past. I can exit the new e-mail and go directly into the contacts folder and I can add a new entry there, but I can't from the other path. I am running Office 2000...