Recover Deleted Items #7

When I access my Exchange mailbox through OWA and open the deleted items
folder, I get an option to "Recover Deleted Items".

When I access the mailbox on our local network using Outlook 2003 I can't
find out where in Outlook that function exists.

Secondly, is there a way to limit how large that "Recovery" pool is?

0
cjduchon (1)

Chuck <cjduchon@yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I access my Exchange mailbox through OWA and open the deleted
> items folder, I get an option to "Recover Deleted Items".
>
> When I access the mailbox on our local network using Outlook 2003 I
> can't find out where in Outlook that function exists.

Click Tools>Recover Deleted Items

> Secondly, is there a way to limit how large that "Recovery" pool is?

I believe so.  Ask in an Exchange newsgroup.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
6/28/2005 2:22:05 PM

In news:ecB0Ez%23eFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Brian Tillman <tillman1952@yahoo.com> typed:
> Chuck <cjduchon@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> When I access my Exchange mailbox through OWA and open the deleted
>> items folder, I get an option to "Recover Deleted Items".
>>
>> When I access the mailbox on our local network using Outlook 2003 I
>> can't find out where in Outlook that function exists.
>
> Click Tools>Recover Deleted Items
>
>> Secondly, is there a way to limit how large that "Recovery" pool is?

.....it's controlled on the Exchange server, and it's a "number of days"
thing, not a "how big is the cache" thing. Most people set this via a
default setting on the mail store(s)....not per-mailbox. Easier that way. :)

> I believe so.  Ask in an Exchange newsgroup.

0
lanwench (7567)

deleting numbers in a column
:) :) can someone assist with the formula that would allow me to remove all but the last 4 digits in a column of numbers -- roddtx ------------------------------------------------------------------------ roddtx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32571 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=523694 Hi You could use a helper column with this in: =RIGHT(A2,4) and fill this down. Andy. "roddtx" <roddtx.24tuxm_1142621708.5579@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:roddtx.24tuxm_1142621708.5579@exce...

ACK! FrontPage deleted my forum.
I created a forum (not using FrontPage). Then I went to FrontPage to edit the underlying site. When I hit "publish" and attempted to publish to ftp:, it prompted me-- did I want to delete all the forum pages? They were on the destination server, but not in my web. I clicked "no." About a hundred times. There were so many prompts, over and over, that I eventually hit "cancel" and gave up, figuring I'd have to find another way. Well, despite my clicking "no," it deleted my forum! Two questions: how can I make sure this never happens aga...

Deleted Messages...
Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Microsoft Outlook 2000 Premium If a user deleted all their items from within their SENT ITEMS folder and then emptied the DELETED ITEMS folder, is there any way at all to recover those messages? Thanx. Deleted item retention stores these for a number of days.. Outlook -> Tools -> Recover Deleted Items. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Steven Sinclair" <StevenSinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Sent items are being saved in the folder that I reply from...
Hey folks, How do I change it so that when I send an email, or reply to an email, it gets saved in the default location, the "Sent Items" folder? Guess I changed that feature at one stage, and forgot how to get it back... Anyone know? Thanks in advance... Check this setting (assuming OL 2003) Tools > Options Select the Preferences tab Click the Email Options button Under the Message handling section, the second checkbox down ... "Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder" should be checked. Alternatively, when composing a message ... View > Options Unde...

Parameter criteria in MS Query to bring in all items for a single day
I think this is an easy one! I am querying on a date time field with e.g. 21/12/2003 07:00:00 and just simply looking to filter for all times on a specific date using a parameter query.(so keying 21/12/2003 in the parameter prompt returns all items for that day although the timestamps will be different) I guess I could create a calculated field using INT or similar but I'm sure there is an easier way than that. I don't think that worked anyway because of the data type situation. Presumably using ROUND is not appropriate. Also tried criteria 'between [date1] and [date1]+1' bu...

Troubleshooting Delete #2
Roady - I thought originally I had said I was trying to delete an old message from Outbox in Outlook. It will not delete and says that "mapi spooler" whatever and has originally begun transmitting. I have tried to put Outlook in offline work mode, it will still not delete. I have tried to move the message to another folder, but it will not move. Outlook would go back online by itself. So, then, I tried disconnecting the cable for the internet, restarted, and tried to delete again. No go. I browsed other discussions and saw that you had recommended using a shift delete. This a...

DELETE IN External DB
Kinda like Suspicious SQL but this is DELETE... DeleteSql = "DELETE * FROM tblPay IN '" & C:\RED\Reddy.mdb & "' " & _ "WHERE (((tblPay.PayNameID)=[Forms]![frmBSCouponNames]![TxtID]));" DoCmd.RunSQL (DeleteSql) Where does the IN part go? Thanks DS I think you have the position correct, just not the syntax. DeleteSql = "DELETE * FROM tblPay IN 'C:\RED\Reddy.mdb' " _ & "WHERE tblPay.PayNameID=" _ & [Forms]![frmBSCouponNames]![TxtID] DoCmd.RunSQL (DeleteSql) You could also use...

I want to delete a large attachment from a meeting item.
I have a meeting item in my calendar that has a large attachment. I want to delete the attachment and keep the meeting item. I can't edit the meeting item. Office 2007. Thanks. What happens when you select the attachment and hit Delete? Save & Close to keep the change or cancel the save if you change your mind of deleting the attachment. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Outlook 2007 using IMAP settings: Deleted files are disappearing
I am using Outlook 2007 (using IMAP settings) and Windows 7. When I delete an e-mail in Outlook, a line appears through the message and it disappears after a few seconds but the message does not get moved to the deleted (Outlook and IMAP) files folder. I have checked for the deleted message in my IMAP deleted files and/or trash folder via webmail as well as in the Outlook deleted folder. I have unchecked the auto archive and the option to purge the folder on exiting in Outlook. Can anyone tell me where these files have gone? Could it be something in my settings? Is this a bug? Thank yo...

upgrade to windows 7 05-17-10
Upgrade stalls @ 72% - files, programs ... Anyone got any idea on what to do? TIA Download and run this utility...then see what it tells you about your system: Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b544e90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15&displaylang=en -- Google is your friend..... "ted medin" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message news:uUYoXqV9KHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Upgrade stalls @ 72% - files, programs ... > > Anyone got any idea on what to do? TIA On Sun, 16 May 2010 17:47:55 -0700, t...

Deleting emails
I am unable to delete a email I have received. I just get a message saying "an error has occurred". Can anybody tell me what to do please. Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about using queries in Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to whatever e-mail client you're using (Outlook? Outlook Express? Windows Vista Mail?) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Chrissy" <christinebown@blueyonder.co.uk>...

queries using the not command with more than one item
trying to do a query using not "example" or "example" can on ly get this to work with one item, not more than one need to say not abouit 8 items how do i do it? A couple of ways -- <>"Sam" AND <>"Joe" AND <>"Bill" AND <>"Jack" Not In ("RED","WHITE") -- Build a little, test a little. "access query question using not " "" wrote: > trying to do a query using not "example" or "example" > > can on ly ...

Creating a self deleting executable using .NET
I am trying to create an application for the Windows Mobile 5.0 (or higher) platform. One of the features of the application is that it has a panic button that automatically closes down the application and deletes the executable. I have been trying to find a technical solution for this feature but it has proven to be much harder than I thought. The problem is that the physical executable file is locked and can't be deleted as long as the executable is running. I found some quite interesting articles explaining the problem in more detail and also explaining some possibl...

Deleting rows #6
Hi all How can I delete rows below my work area? Someone's selected loads of rows (upto 6000) and saved the workbook. Any advice would be appreciated Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select entire row directly below your work area, Hit the delete key, save file. Though this will not actually delete the rows, it will reset the last row number used to assist in scrolling through your work area "Joey >" <<Joey.18nwvr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Joey.18nwvr@excelforum-nospam.com... : Hi all : : How can I delete rows below my w...

Outlook is not recognizing a Sent Items Folder
When I try to send messages to people, it never gets sent. Instead it stays in my Outbox. This is because Outlook XP is not recognizing a Sent Items folder or it is not there. Please help me to fix Outlook. Try starting Outlook once with the /resetfolders command line switch. This switch (and a few other really helpful ones) are discussed here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q296192 "Robin Arora" <robinarora@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2e5d01c37514$018d77b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to send messages to people, it never gets > se...

Inactive Items
We have several dormant items which we dont want to delete since we might activate those in the future. These items by the way have historical data but no current inventory, allocated, on order, returned or in use quantities. Kindly advise what is the best way to prevent the users from accidentally adding transactions to these items. Thank you. Change the Item Type in Cards>> Inventory>> Item to "Discontinued", this will warn the user that this item is discontinued on Receiving and will not allow the Sales. Mak sure not to select "Remove Discont...

How to inject Control-Alt-Delete into system
What's the best way to inject the keystroke sequence Control-Alt-Delete into the Windows system so that the system thinks that the user has entered the infamous three finger salute? The reason that I must inject the keystroke sequence is because I'm writing an auto test application that will be exercising a set of applications that include a Gina replacement. Part of the Gina functionality is triggered by notification from WInLogon.exe that a CAD has occurred. I would prefer to do this as an MFC compliant service if possible. ---------- "Sometimes you're the windshield...

delete pivot table
Hello, Is there a way to delete a pivot table from a worksheet. Right now my method is to delete the whole sheet the pivot table resides on. thanks bill Select the pivot table and do edit>clear>all -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "billq" <bill.quigg@comcast.net> wrote in message news:c7udneOu4-eac3bcRVn-sA@comcast.com... > Hello, > Is there a way to delete a pivot table from a worksheet. Right now my > method is to delete the whole sheet the pivot table resid...

Can't delete Money investment; investment gets recreated after every download #2
Hi, I'm running into an annoying issue with Money 2006: A while ago I accidentally set up two investments for MSFT: one with an associated stock symbol, and the other obviously with no symbol. I would like to merge these two investments. I tried doing that by remapping all of the 'wrong' investment transactions to the right investment (the one with the stock symbol), and then deleting the wrong investment. However, every time I go to download account updates from Fidelity, I get a prompt saying "you've got xxx stock of Microsoft Corp. (the wrong type)". If I let Mone...

recover orphaned mailbox
I have a user where the AD account got accidentally deleted, and a restore failed to fully create the user object. The mailbox in Exchange 2003 seems intact, but it displays a SID as the last logged in user. This mailbox doesn't seem to be connected properly to a user acocunt nor is it tombstoned. It is impossible to connect the mailbox to a new AD user. Function is greyed out. It is also impossible to use Exmerge to export a PST and import it to a new user. Exmerge doesn't see the mailbox, because it doesn't have an account associated with it. Is there any other way to expo...

How do I add menu item to menu which is user right click on main in outlook?
Hi all, I'm writing an exchange client extension application using visual c++, and I'm having trouble add to menu item when a user right mouse click on Message(mail ) in the Inbox of Outlook It is seem to go to the IExchExtMessageEvents::OnRead event I'd like to handle the above event. I need help on getting handle of the coming popup menu whenever user right mouse clik on mail in outlook and add menu item. Thanks in advance. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

DELETE customer with no sales SQL help
I have searched but cannot find the SQL script to delete customers with no sales. I thought I saw it on here at one time. Can anyone help? The problem for me is, I have customers with WORK ORDERS waiting to be filled that I do not want to delete. Their work orders have been tendered but have not been turned into an invoice yet. (This is to delete customers that I imported from my other system a while ago that haven't been back) Thanks for any help. So far, the select query I have is: SELECT [Order].ID AS orderID, [Transaction].TransactionNumber, Customer.AccountNumber FROM [Tra...

help #7
> hi, i am creating a user-system for my ICT coursework, and i have created a > customer database and a sign up form on 2 seperate sheets, what i need help > with is the code so that i can create an ok button, then once it is pressed > all the text that has been entered into the sign up form, is copied over > into the customer database, and also it goes onto the next row if a second > sign up is done. > > many thanks > > Shaun --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.580 / Virus Database: ...

7 Combo Boxes in a Form with "All" option
I built first a form with 3 combo boxes (all of them with the "All" option created using a Union query) and a subform. Form and subform are linked (Master/Child fields) via the combos. I also tweaked the SQL code for the subform query, following advice from this forum, so that any combination of choices in the 3 combos (including "All" for any of them) generates the right set of records in the subform. Perfect so far, with 3 combos, because the number of combinations is not too much. But if I try to expand to 7 combo boxes (i.e. 7 different fields to filter t...

Delete all records from multiple tables
Hi I have a database with 22 tables from which I need to clear down all of the records before importing fresh data. There is no criteria for keeping / deleting specific records. I just want to do the equivalent of opening the table, clicking in the top left and pressing delete. I know that I can build a delete query to do this, but when I tried to build a delete query showing more than one table I got a 3086 error. Is there any way that I can do this other than building 22 different delete queries and a macro to run them all? Thanks Helena You cannot use multiple DELETEs in one query. Y...