Recover dbt file

    Dear All,
I'm using outlook express 6 .
    I've accidently deleted the sent items.dbx file and what i have now is a
sentitems.dbt file is there any way to recover from it the dbx file
Regards,
A.El Gazzar

Try posting this in an Outlook Express group - this group supports Outlook
from Microsoft Office.  Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer.

You can also try http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com for some good OE
troubleshooting tips.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, ahmed el gazzar
asked:

|    Dear All,
| I'm using outlook express 6 .
|    I've accidently deleted the sent items.dbx file and what i have
| now is a sentitems.dbt file is there any way to recover from it the
| dbx file Regards,
| A.El Gazzar

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

how do i see what is inside of my .pst outlook files?
i am not able to understand how .pst backup files work. i am not able to see what data is kept in my .pst files. i have no idea how to restore data from my .pst files from an ms full backup on an external hard drive to a new hard drive. i do not want to code anything to do the above, and i did not underestand what OL and OI were anyway.\ how to i get my address book back from my external hard drive in order to put it into the same office 2003 program, i.e., outlook. thanks a lot for layman's terminology The data in a pst file is what you see in OL http://www.howto-outlook.com/ho...

Macro to extract clip-art file?
It's been a long time since I wrote my last VBA macro, and I don't want to duplicate one that might already exist. So before I get stuck into it, does anyone have a macro that will do the following please: - Start with a clip art picture selected (or inserted into a worksheet if that's easier). - Finish with its file (WMF or GIF) copied into an Explorer/My Computer folder please? -- Terry, West Sussex, UK ...

Template files don't work
I have template files in my office11\xlstart folder, but when i click NEW and select templates on my computer, the templates won't open. Try putting them in your template folder. For me (xl2003/winXP home), it's: C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\ You can double check yours by: start excel hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window. Type this: ?application.TemplatesPath and hit enter. Ken wrote: > > I have template files in my office11\xlstart folder, but when i click NEW and > select templates on my comp...

VBAProject remains open after file is closed
Although I close my files with Excel, they remain visible as objects in the VBAProject Manager window. This is a problem because I open and close a lot of files, and this generates a lot of objects in this window, including duplicate objects when I have opened and closed a file multiple times. I'm also concerned that the open objects my be using system resources. How do i clean up this objects? Thanks very much. -- sequoia sam ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sequoia sam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&u...

How do I set CAS permission for a single exe file
Hello! Assume that I have an exe file called MyExe.exe and I want to run this on my computer with the permission in the permissionset MyPermissionSet how do I best accomplish this ? //Tony ...

recovering a deleted mail before it was sent
One of my users running Outlook 2002 POP composed a long email and accidentally deleted it before sending it. She closed the prog down and it was therefore deleted from the 'deleted items' folder. It's not in drafts either. Any way to get it back? I won't give you much hope but you can try the following; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "-keevill-" &...

WMP Subtitles When Playing A File
When I Play an MPEG file is some of my other Media Players, sunch as BlazeDVD 5.1, subtitles are shown when I play the file. However, when I play the file in WMP 11.0, the subtitles are not shown. I know the subtitles are in the video stream because they show up in other players but why not WMP? Are you supposed to be able to turn the subtitles off and on? I have read on other forums that the subtitles are embedded in the video. But, how can that be? In one player they show up and another they don't. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:09:01 -0800, Ray <Ray@discussions.microsoft.c...

start file
MS Office XP Pro' Win98SE How may I start Excel with previously opened excel file please. In Word I add..../mFile1...but does not work for Excel. TIA The usual way is to, from Windows Explorer, double click the file name. On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:54:11 +0100, "Terry" <terrybetts11138@hotmail.com> wrote: >MS Office XP Pro' >Win98SE > >How may I start Excel with previously opened excel file please. >In Word I add..../mFile1...but does not work for Excel. > >TIA > Sorry...I may have not described enough.....Now when I hit my Excel shortcut it...

Code Bloat/Growing Excel files?

how to know which .rc file in a project is the active one?
Hi, In VC++ 6.0, I can add multiple .rc files into a project. But only one of them will be included in the project's build. My question is how to know which one is currently set as the chosen one. Please advise. Thanks. TY On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 15:12:42 -0700, TY wrote: > Hi, > > In VC++ 6.0, I can add multiple .rc files into a project. But only one > of them will be included in the project's build. My question is how to > know which one is currently set as the chosen one. Please advise. Thanks. > > TY Look at the General settings for the file in t...

Outlook data file size is stucked.. not decreasing from 4.7 GB
I have configured four Email account in Outlook 2007. One of My Gmail account was having 2000 mails. so, data file for that account was 4.7 GB.( I am having windows vista and NTFS drives. ). Problem is now I have deleted some mails and only 800 mails are there. but even though file size is 4.7 GB only.. it is not decreasing .. can any one help ? it was having significant number of attachments (videos)... So, at starting it was ok... 4.7 gb was data... but Now I have deleted all the mails... and then also file is not decreasing... I am using IMAP... I have also unsubscribed &q...

Error message; wont load files
When I try to download Outlook 2002 most all the files and folders load and then i get the error message of:C:\Windows\System\msjetoledb40.dll is not functional. What can I do to fix this? ...

2004 trial file won't open
I tried the trial 2004 version of Money and didn't bite. It saved my file but now won't recognize my password from 2002. Is MS trying to force those who use the free trial to buy 2004 by saving to an unknown password? Please help me recover my file! When the trial upgraded your data file it warned you that Money files, once upgraded, were not backward compatible. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=84 for the recovery paths. "jmkosloski" <jmkosloski@peopelpc.com> wrote in message news:71ba01c42fe4$3bdd14d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I tried the trial 2004 vers...

All Office 2000 and 2007 Excel and Word files open very slowly
If I open a Excel or Word file from a folder it takes a good 15 seconds for the file to open. If I start Word or Excel first and then do a file, open, the file will open instantly. I dowloaded the trial version of Office 2007 after this started with my Office 2000 and 2007 does it as well. I have removed and reinstalled Office 2000 and re-downloaded all SP's and updates. Have you cleared your TIF folder and Temp folders lately? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 09:04:01 -0700, thecloak <thecloak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If I open a Excel or Word file...

OWA and viewing xml files as txt file
Hi, We are trying to view download xml files renamed to txt from OWA. We are able to download the file; however, the content of the file is omitted. We already determined that the virus scan does not remove the contents from the txt file. can anyone asist. Thank you very much. Tommy ...

exchange 2003 log files in MDBDATA
Hi All! I am using SBS 2003 premium edition, the size of MDBDATA folder is more then 15 GB and there is lot of log files which are quit old and the size of priv.edb and is around 5 GB Can we configure Exchange 2003 to delete old files to stop growing the size of MDBDATA in this fashion or can I manually delete the files from the MDBDATA folder. please advice how to solve this problem Exchange will purge old log files upon a successful online backup. Perform a backup and you'll get rid of most of the logs. You can simply use NTBackup. Make sure that when you make the selections,...

why do i have to keep downloading excell when i open files? is th.
Please ask your question in the body of the post, not the topic. Your topic line gets truncated. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "romanbadboy" <romanbadboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD16B7BA-BADD-4CB2-9C54-642D2CA3C678@microsoft.com... > "romanbadboy" wrote: > why do i have to keep downloading excell from disk everytime i open files is there a way to keep it Most likely, you selected "Run From CD" for certain features when you installed Excel. ...

Time Required to Save a File
I have a large Excel file that takes about 15 seconds to save if I have two other files open that the first file is linked to. If I do not have these two other files open it takes several minutes to save the first file. Does anyone know what is causing this, and if it can be fixed? I do not always remember to open the other two files so I am frequently stuck waiting for the first file to save. Thanks, John Do you have calculation set to manual? There's an option to recalculate before you save. Tools|options|calculation tab If you have manual calculation set, you could turn off ...

How do I add a page from one file to another file?
I am working on a newsletter with several others. I have several one page files in PUB 03 and want to combine them into one file. I have tried copying but I only get a new text box. Any thing that I copy and paste is a new text box. I have tried removing the orrignal text box, but I still only get a tex box. I have the same problem in moving text from page to page in the same file. I have even tried copying to Word and recopying, but still just a text box. -- Mr MC 8 Do you *select all?* What happens when you *paste special?* Are you inserting a page in the new publication and then ...

Opening Office Files
I typically open my documents/excel files/power point by clicking on the file directly. Everytime I do I get the following message: "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Professional Hybrid 2007". This causes a long delay in opening the file and my previous system(XP) did not perform this task. My new system is Vista. I also have a problem every time I open Outlook, it starts installing Visio and PowerPoint. Any reason why it should do any of these? How do I alleviate these from happening? Thanks, -- Gevan "Gevan" <Gevan@discus...

Importing a .CSV file into Money 2003
Hello, I am trying to import a .csv file into Money 2003 but using the import option it does not work, does not ask for the target account and this kind of extension is not listed in the import option. I need to import a fidelity investment account activity download and the fidelity site does not offers OFX or QIF extensions. How can I import it? Thanks Not as a .CSV. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q8. "Nestor J Portillo" <nportillo@online.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:259c01c3e15c$dceac4c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, I am trying to import a .csv file int...

Two Reports into one pdf file
Is it possible to output two different reports into one pdf file, and if so, how Thanks in adavance. ...

Moving music files to keep them organized but WMP12 cant find them
Over the past three years, I have used WMP to rip backup copies of all my music. In addition to the normal album folders, I now have five miscellaneous folder locations: Variétés, Various, Various Artist, VARIOUS ARTISTS, and Untitled. When I try to move the album folders (containing the music files) from one of these to another, WMP12 no longer sees them and locks up. I can no longer play the songs nor delete the album, or any of it's songs from the library. Deleating a music folder an re-ripping it, is no longer an option for many of my CD's, as they are e...

Email .dbx files
I suspect this is one that comes up regularly. Due to having (for a number of spurious reasons) had Outlook Express re-installed three times, I now have old email files (with .dbx extensions) in a number of locations. Is there a simple way to put them into one location, so that they will show up in my OE folder list? TIA Paul This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.i...

Lost PST files when transferring
I was transferring archived pst files from one archive to another. They we rather large file (~400Mb) during the transfer, my computer went to a DOS screen and told me that it was doing a memory dump. I was forced to reboot to get back. I have been able to recover some of the files ( they were left in the original archive folder. Many of the files (those already transferred I cannot find. I checked the registry and error logs and noted an event that appeared at the smae time inndicating a "minidump" had occured. I found the file, it has a .dmp extension, but is only about 2...