Recipient appears twice in the message header

Hi,
I have a user with Outlook 2000 set up as IMAP. She received a few
e-mails yesterday where she appears in the recepient(TO) field 2 or 3
times, but the sender has only put her address once. I have checked the
header in the raw MSG file and her address only appears once.

What could cause this? How do I fix this?

Please advise. The user is driving me nuts with this.

Thanks,

Ed

not receiving message
Hi, i have this class Video : public CWnd, and I want it to handle a COMMAND message. On the resources Menu IDR_MAINFRAME, I put a menu tab, wich ID is ID_VIDEO_PREVIEW. I want to handle the COMMAND message its generates when is pressed, so i add it to the Video message map using class wizard. My probles is than, when i'm going to preess the menu tab, it is in gray, so i can press it. Besides, if I assign the COMMAND message to be hanldled by the CMainFrame, i can press it. What can i do to let my Video class handles the message? thanks By default your class Video is not going to get an...

Locating folder where messages have been filtered to
Hi, I'm having a problem where messages are being sorted upon arrival and being placed in some unknown location. As I download my mail I can see the messages coming in by the message count, I can see them hit the inbox but then they are sorted and relocated elsewhere. To test this I've sent myself messages only to see them go through the process above. Knowing the origin and content of the test messages I can then use FIND to get a list of the messages to confirm their existence. However, under the listing of missing messages under FIND there is no path showing what folder ...

custom recipients #3
We are running exchange 5.5, a custom recipient I setup cannot recieve attachments fowarded to him. He can get them if they are loaded to a hard drive first and than attached to a new message. I called his ISP, they do no filtering. I can foward messages with attachments from my own pop3 account to him. Any help would be GREAT. -- Joed "Joed" <Joed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running exchange 5.5, a custom recipient I setup cannot recieve >attachments fowarded to him. He can get them if they are loaded to a hard >drive first and than attached to...

outlook 2007 draft to sent folder after sending message
just installed office 2007 .. draft emails do not automatically move to the sent folder after sending the email. I've checked the options and that option is definitely checked off .. I have to manually move the emails from the draft folder to the sent folder. any suggestions? thanks charlieb in ct. ...

Messages Missing Content
I am receivng a couple particular forwarded e-mails in HTML format from folks that are on OL2000 & Word 2000, which when I receive them are missing the content these folks have added to the messages prior to sending (forwarding) them to me. I am on OL2002 & Word 2002. I've read Knowledge Base Article 292865 for OL2002 regarding missing content, but it doesn't seem to apply. I've tried changing from HTML to RTF to plain text, all to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Chuck ...

Displaying Excel row headers in embedded spreadhseet
I have an excel spreadsheet inserted into a Word document. I want to have the row and column headers displayed in the Word document but I can't seem to find a way to do it. Does anyone have any ideas TIA Bill which version of excel/office do you have? i tried this on excel 2002. when i take the mouse pointer to the left of the table (beyond th boundary of the table), the pointer slants to right (usually it slant left). at that point in time, i right clicked and inserted rows on to of the topmost row. here i could provide headers for the columns. is this what you are looking for ...

Error message #3
Lately in out office we have been getting the following error message. As of now we have tried repairing office and reinstalling it. The only thing we have found to work is to have the file restored off of an older backup of our server. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why we might be getting this error and/or how we could fix it? 'EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created.' Then the programs closes by itself. Thanks in advance. Joe ...

Showing internet headers in Outlook 2002
I need to print out e-mails from my archive 'sent' folder and from my regular 'sent' folder to show all of the internet routing that the message took. When I go to 'view' and select 'message header', I don't see the internet routing data and can't seem to find where I would select that option to see the routing. You can find the internet headers in View | Options. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:11c701...

Settings for archiving Outlook messages
Is it possible to autoarchive an email message and instruct Outlook to save the message with a particular name? For example, I would like to be able to archive emails to specific folders and have them be saved by date, with the name of the subject heading in the title. For example, a message received on July 9th with subject heading, "Bids received," I would want to autoarchive in a project folder as, "10-07-09 - Bids Received." I know how to do this manually, but is there a way for Outlook to do it automatically and in a file format that I can open? Tha...

User not Getting Some External E-mail but Message Tracking says He Is
Exchange 2000 SP4, Outlook XP. External email from a particular person apparently does not get delivered to one user's Exchange mailbox even though Message Tracking shows that it has. Another user gets the same external email in his mailbox OK. I have asked the user who isn't getting mail to check to see if he hasn't created a rule to move mail from this person to another folder. Any other ideas would be gratefully appreciated. Sorry! Should have posted in Exchange 2000! "Bill Glidden" <billyg1943@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OB2PIpDMGHA.500@TK2...

Startup Item pops up twice, taskbar color flips
On an Acer Aspire One, I put a notepad TO DO file in All Users Startup and it comes up twice. On this machine, I also have a wierdness in that the taskbar sometimes comes up Blue XP and others grey (like Win 98). - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2 ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows...

external emails not delivered to mailboxes in DL when MESSAGE ID l
May be we don't receive a reply in different mailboxes which belong to a Distribution List. This happens when the original mail was sent using a Distribution List with the "from:" option. Then someone reply this mail and the Exchange log says the mail was delivered to mailbox-1, mailbox-2, mailbox-3, ... and this is not true, only was delivered to one of the mailboxes. This problem doesn't happend always but when happen the message ID is very long. For example this could be a message ID of an incoming message repling the original message sent with the DIstribution...

Charts appear snowy (e.g., tv) unless clicked on. Memory issue?
Working with a very large workbook, and charts on the page appear snowy (like a tv on the wrong channel). When I click on the chart however, the snow disappears and the chart becomes visible. Is this a memory issue? Any quick fixes? Thanks Hi, If your chartobject appears as a gray box until selected then try then menu Tools > Options. On the View Tab make sure Show All in the Objects section is selected. Cheers Andy Vlookup help wrote: > Working with a very large workbook, and charts on the page appear snowy (like > a tv on the wrong channel). When I click on the chart ...

wide e-mail messages
I am a subscriber to the Microsoft FrontPage Insider newsletter. When it arrives in Outlook 2003, the message must be scrolled side to side due to the table width being set to 752 pixels. Can I force this to be closer to 675 in width on arrival? This is the source: <TABLE id=table1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #999999 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=752 align=left bgColor=white border=0> Chuck Davis <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote: > I am a subscriber ...

Error message: c:\windows\system32\avgxch32.dll
I am running Cloudmark's Spamnet within Outlook 2002. When I try to delete a large number of emails from the Spam folder (choosing Edit/Select All/Delete) I get the following error message: "c:\windows\system32\avgxch32.dll could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." a. Even if no other programs are open, the problem still occurs. b. Running Detect and Repair makes no difference. c. Worst of all, I cannot close the error window. Wh...

Strange tabbed dialog message pump issue
I am running into a nasty issue that I don't quite understand. My application has a tabbed dialog type control (Stingray Tab-Wnd control) contained in a CFormView object. Within some of the tabs are CDialog-derived windows containing a grid control. I initialize all tab windows when the form view opens. The grid control also has an OnInitialUpdate method that gets called. When a tab is clicked, if it's the first time, a call is made to the tab to fill the grid. After the CFormView initialization is complete I active the first tab programatically and it fills it's gri...

Public Folders show up twice in folder pane
It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public Folders"? Thanks in advance. To clarify...it's the mail tab. Outlook 2003 on my home computer. "Tull" <tull@outgun.com> wrote in message news:4i86v6F2l2kaU1@individual.net... > It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public > Folders"? > > Thanks in advance. > ...

Can't open embedded link in OL2K message
Hi All, I have a user that is unable to open an embedded link from an Outlook message. HTTP: doesn't work but MAILTO: does. If I forward the mail to a client using the same version of Outlook or OL2K3 & the same version of IE, the link works as expected. Can anyone help? She's running: OL 3K SP3 (9.0.0.6627) IE 6.0.2900.2180 SP2 (w/ all settings set back to defaults) Thanks & Ciao, Tony A common cause for failure is loss of "file association". Do the following: Windows explorer>tools>folder options>File types>scroll to "HTML">s...

Multiple sent messages
I am having trouble with Outlook XP 2003 sending out many copies of e-mails to the people I have addressed the e- mail to. It fills their boxes and keeps sending. I have run a virus scan several times and can't find a virus. This only seems to happen when I have a rather large attachment. I have seen other posts that people are having a similar problem. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?? ...

hotmail e-mail downloaded twice
my e-mail are being downloaded twice I have outlook express 6 with windows xp home edition how do i fix this problem ...

Change Quota Warning Message
Hi, is it possible to change the text of the quota warning message. We wouldn't support PST files but this is the suggestion in the quota warning mesage. Thank you What version of Exchange? If you have Exchange 2000 and are running the post-sp3 rollup, or are Exchange 2003 Sp1, then the following is a solution you can implement. Otherwise, you can still probably hire Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) and spend gobs of money for them to change it for you :-) http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/04/20/117024.aspx -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Hubaer" <Hu...

Landscape worksheet with portrait header/footer
I need to print the worksheet contents in landscape, but want the header and footer in portrait. Is this possible? I don't believe this is possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "SNOWED-IN" <SNOWED-IN@DISCUSSIONS.MICROSOFT.COM> wrote in message news:42462734-ECE9-4579-90D1-0CD2F3AC0BAB@microsoft.com... >I need to print the worksheet contents in landscape, but want >the header and > footer in portrait. Is this possible? Bummer - but thanks for the answer. "Chip Pearson" wr...

Calculating cells on workbook_open failing without message
I have to refresh 2 cells when the workbook is opened. I have an On Error surrounding my code that gets run. The err.Description is always empty yet my error message box is being shown and my cells don't open. Each of the two cells are named - pdate and fdate. They call a function which is located in an addin. I can manually update these by clicking F2 and pressing enter in each cell. Any idea what to look at? Once person said that something else that depends on these cells may be failing and the error just isn't being displayed. Thanks, Joe Hello, When m...

Three icons appear on taskbar when xls file is opened
I have a spreadsheet that started behaving in an unusual manner. Today when I opened the file instead of one icon appearing on the taskbar displaying the file name, three icons appeared, all displaying the same file name. Other spreadsheet files when opened do not behave in the same manner. I'm running Excel 2007, though the particular file is in 2003 format. My OS is Vista Ultimate. Has anybody had a similar experience and know how to fix the problem? Ken Do you see a :1, :2 and :3 after the filenames? If so, you have 3 windows open to the same file. Use the close icon X in ...

I can't send messages when I use WiFi
Whenever I take my notebook away from home and use my Outlook 2003, I find that even though I can receive messages, I get an error message when I try to send them. Any thoughts? RAK wrote: > Whenever I take my notebook away from home and use my Outlook 2003, I find > that even though I can receive messages, I get an error message when I try to > send them. Any thoughts? Oh, an error message, but one that you choose not to share here. Expect responses to be as vague as your post. One guess: Configure the e-mail account defined within Outlook to authenticate to t...