From time to time, I will recieve email from friends,
family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it
up to find nothing but white space.  I can't find a common
thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating
when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to
a new address.

When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is
when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I
get nothing.

Any ideas?  Cheers.. vg
0
anonymous (74722)

Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and
everything is updated SP wise.  I am starting to see some
articles on this, on Google, but most of the posts have to
do with Exchange servers.  This is one instance on a local
desktop. Any Ideas????

0
anonymous (74722)

automatically add date to email #2
Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically grabs the date from the computer system. Thanks, ddlaz The header/properties of the msg will have both date and time appended, or are you saying you want to add the date to the body of your msg? "ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:5uudnfiurtYf9PzfRVn-sw@comcast.com... > Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically grabs the > date from the computer system. > Thanks, ddlaz > > Will setting the date in the header allow the date to automatically display eac...

Email Activity
We are receiving the following error message when accessing an email activity in CRM 4.0 from a few laptops (javascript error appears) and attempting to change tabs on the record... <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Object expected</Message> <Line>1</Line> <URL>/ Org&#47;activities&#47;email&#47;edit.aspx&#63;id&#61;&#123;6746A358-7BB5- DD11-9BEF-00064F5FE13D&#125;</URL> <PageURL>...

Forwading an attached email
I have an issue where an admin assistant is drafting an email memo then sending it to her boss as an attachment in another email. What the boss wants to do is just open up the attached email, proof read it, then forward it on to the necessary recipients. Everything works as expected until the boss attempts to forward the item. When he does, he is me with a message that "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator." and is unable to send the message. What kind of permissions would be...

Auto forwarding email
Is there a way I can have outlook automatically forward email that comes into my inbox and have it sent to a different email address. Any help would be great. Alan.... ...

Blank Form 04-25-07
Hello. I have a form with a combo box in it which has a list of part numbers. When the user enters a part number from the list and hits the "Execute" button it takes them to another form which has detailed info about that particular part number. HOWEVER, if the user enters a bogus part number, it takes them to a completely blank form. I would like to know how to make it so that instead of going to the form it simply says "Part Number Does Not Exist." Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks :) You can set the LimitToList Property of the combo to Yes, tha...

Shut down Email
My boss wants to prevent teachers from checking their email while they should be watchig their students during a test. I was planning to just dismount the school database during the testing period. Is there any problems I am overlooking? Thanks. Tango. On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:59:27 -0600, "Tango T" <TangoT2@mail.com> wrote: >My boss wants to prevent teachers from checking their email while they >should be watchig their students during a test. I was planning to just >dismount the school database during the testing period. Is there any >problems I am ov...

Stuck BCC emails
When an email is stuck because of a bad address, and there are numerous recipients in the BCC field, how do I remove only the problem mail from the queue? I can identify which address is bad, however, 'finding' messages on a queue shows all remaining recipients which are still not delivered, with nothing that differentiates the stuck email from the good ones. Exchange 2k3 / SP2 Thanks! -- BrownCoat http://forums.slipstick.com On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:22:05 -0400, BrownCoat <BrownCoat.482xbm@invalid> wrote: > >When an email is stuck because of a b...

misplaced emails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently moved my entourage settings over to a laptop and the rules got bungled up. some of the emails seemed to end up in the contacts folder and calendar folder. (At least there are bold numbers in parentheses to the right of them. I've fixed the rules but how do I get them out, and into a folder that I can see? "RogerCoupal@officeformac.com" wrote: > I recently moved my entourage settings over to a laptop and the rules got > bungled up. some of the emails seemed to end up in the contacts folder...

email subject line
Is there a safe way to remove that ugly guid from the the subject line of direct mails? I'm using crm 1.2. I'm getting ~30% mail bouncing back. I'm sure it's because of the guid... Thanks, Mike Read the following article on turning off the guid. http://mbs.microsoft.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp?id=34747&target=PS Be aware of the ramifications of doing so; mainly you lose the functionality of the CRM to automtically process retrun e-mails in your thread. Yes they're ugly, but they are there for a reason. Dave "mikieg_99" <mike.gallagher@no...

How do I limit clients email attachment size
Hi All, We want to set a limit on users attachments as it kill the bandwidth available. Is it a group policy setting or is it a client config within outlook? -- Rgds, Simon UK "spbembr" <spbembridge@simtonesolutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:OqcQv2yMGHA.1832@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > We want to set a limit on users attachments as it kill the bandwidth > available. Is it a group policy setting or is it a client config within > outlook? Seems that would be a quota setting that you would configure in the mail server. -- _____________...

Auto Repsonse for Incoming Email
Sorry to ask this question but I can't seem to locate an answer in the archives. I have a distribution account account called service@abc.com. Emails are distributed to 5 users in the service department. The manager of the department would like an auto response generated for all new email acknowledging receipt of the email and thanking the customer for their business. We are running a mixture of OL 97 and 2000 on an Exchange 5.5 server. I have tried setting up a rule to reply to any inbound email to the service account but, it is not replying to the sender. Any help would be...

SMTP Email Addresses Resolving
We have one exchange 2000 account with multiple SMTP addresses and we would like the user to be able to see which email addresses are being sent. Right now all email addresses are resolving to the primary so the user cannot tell which address it was sent too. Is there a way to force exchange to pass through the SMTP address setup in the Email Addresses tab? Please let me know, thanks, Gavin Does adding the 'To' column to the inbox view in Outlook do what you want? i.e. along the top line, you normally see From, Subject, Received, etc. Add the To field to that. It should do ...

Test for attachment when sending email
Am I missing a setting somewhere so that Outlook checks to see if I have an attachment in any email with the word "attach", "attached", "attachment" when I hit SEND? (Outlook 2007) Not a setting, no, but there is an add-in that can do it. http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/oltools.html -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Bryn" <Bryn@discussions...

Large emails going to Badmail
Exchange 2003. I've been searching high and low for an answer, but no one seems to know. I have set my global settings for incoming/outgoing email to be limited to 6MB. I need to be able to override this on a user-by-user basis. So I go into ADUC and modify my account so that it is set at 20MB for both incoming and outgoing email. However, when I attempt to send a 7MB email attachment, that email goes directly to my Badmail folder without ever attempting to go out. Watching the SMTP queues in Exchanage Manager reveal that a connection attempt is never even made - straight to Badmail ...

email attatchment containing original message
please help every email i receive contains an attatchment which is a notepad page containing the email message too. Stuart, at least 3 of us today have had this problem. I solved this problem on my machine by the simple expedient of rebooting! Before rebooting, I had deleted all cookies, temporary internet files and files in windows/temp, as this was suggested in response to another posting (evidently this helped similar problems in Outlook Express). This latter did nothing, but the reboot did. You might have to do both. Deleting temporary internet files and cookies is done in I...

Why do I receive multiple emails?
When I receive an email into my in box I get the same message 3 times. All info is exactly the same including the time. Can anyone help me to get just one of those emails instead of 3 or more? Maybe a setting issue perhaps?? Thanks More likely you have an Anti-virus e-mail scanning add-in messing with you. Normal suggestion is to uninstall the A-V, and then re-install without the e-mail scanner. (it offers no additional protection) Billy1036fm wrote: > When I receive an email into my in box I get the same message 3 times. All > info is exactly the same includin...

Anonymous Access Checked off- No incoming email
I have a simple setup regarding email. Mail comes in thru firewall directly to my Exchange 2003 server. I remove the check next to anonymous access in the properties of the SMTP virtual server, I receive no incoming email(UN-checked basic and checked integrated). Everything else works fine. If I leave anonymous access with the check mark, I'm bombarded with folks relaying off me. Anonymous access is not required for any of my systems to function properly. My question is... Should this simple setup work and if so, what am I doing wrong or do I need to implement a more complex envir...

Email routing problem
Hello all, I would appreciate advices for the following scenario. I have three mail servers responsible for SMTP address spaces A, B, and C. Only server A is public. It is being used as a front-end SMTP router and also runs anti-spam and anti-virus. Servers B and C host mailboxes for two overlapping sets of users - I mean that some users have mailboxes on both servers and connect to either one depending on what computer they are using. Only server B is Exchange 2003; server C is just a third party IMAP server. Server A is Sendmail and runs on Linux. It is configured to forward all incoming em...

lost email #7
I am watching my email download from our server, and once in awhile an email is deleted completely before it is read and does not show up in the deleted file. A very common cause for this type of behavior is: a) Junk mail filters moving or deleting the messages. b) Another pop client with the same account is also downloading these messages. -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! Sincerely, Chris Lineback, MCSE Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support - Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. -This posting is provided "AS IS" with n...

Import Emails
Hi Is it somehow possible to import all "old" emails from Outlook to MSCRM 3.0 History? Same question to the Journal Entries... Has anyone done that before? Thanks for any Help. Regards Mike I'd like to see an answer to this question too. I've just installed CRM 3.0 and imported my accounts and contacts no problem. I now have 15 email inboxes that each contain 1000s of emails that I want to load in as activity history - matching them up with the contact records. I know you can do this 1 by 1, but it takes about 10 clicks per message. Is there any way to automate thi...

CRM 3 Email template issue
Greetings all, I have created an email template that includes accountcategorycode in the following context: This customer's SLA is {!Account:Service Level;not set}. When the email is triggered, the text looks like: This customer's SLA is 6. instead of reflecting the label for the value. I'd like it to display: This customer's SLA is <SLA info from the label>. Am I expecting this to function a way that it can't easily? Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. -Sam ...

Read from same email account on two separate computers at same tim
I am not too sure if this question belongs to Windows Live Mail. Since I can't do it with POP protocol, I have Windows Live Mail set up to access the same GMail account with IMAP protocol on two separate computers for convenience sake. Every time I start the Windows Live Mail on the second computer after another one already starts on one computer, there seems to be error accessing the server. Also the Windows Live Mail on one system seems to keep downloading mails while the other one doesn't. How can I selectively download mails, that is download only when I read ...

Specific Email redelivers itself
I am running windows 2003 exchange as my email server. We also use an email/web filtering software called surfcontrol. This sits at the server and using rules hold's certain emails (i.e. mainly spam). We have a size rule where if an email is over 8mb, surfcontrol holds onto it until myself or my colleague can check the size/content. Back in Feb, one of my users received a legit 12mb powerpoint presentation. As this was fine I released the email from the filter, however he did not get it. The sender (external to the company), resent the email about 4 times before the user informed me ...

can a new email notification be sent to an external recipient?
Here's the situation. Exchange 2003 SP2. A certain group of users wants to be notified in their external email accounts (hotmail, gmail, etc) when they receive a new message in their corporate inbox on the Exchange server. How can I do this? There are folks here who might have a better idea, but you could just have the user create a rule in Outlook to send a notice, they could just turn on that rule when needed. The problem you might encounter is that, by default, Exchange won't allow external Auto relaying/forwarding. Here's an article that explains how to change ...

Hyper links in email
Why can I not open hyper links in email ? I have Outlook 2002 with SP3 installed . The message I get back is the action cannot be done due to restrictions on my computer. Please contact your admistrator. Thanks in advance Kodiak <kodiak62at@hotmail.com> wrote: > Why can I not open hyper links in email ? I have Outlook 2002 with SP3 > installed . The message I get back is the action cannot be done due to > restrictions on my computer. Please contact your admistrator. If your web browser is Internet Explorer, open IE and click Tools>Internet Optons>Programs>Rese...