RecieveGif can only save as bmp

I had the same problem with IE, I looked the problem up
and fixed it. But I can find no fix for outlook e-mail msgs
I get a gif file and will only save as BMP. i f I add
another extension to it like Gif for an animated gif
it will not be an animated gif.
0
anonymous (74722)

You can use this code to create a macro that will do it for you. Funny that
you mention it as I'm going to issue a newsletter about this tomorrow with
step by step details.

Sub SaveAttachment()
  Dim objCurrentItem As Outlook.MailItem
  Dim colAttachments As Outlook.Attachments
  Dim objAttachment As Outlook.Attachment

  Set objCurrentItem = Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
  Set colAttachments = objCurrentItem.Attachments
  Set strFolderpath = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

  For Each objAttachment In colAttachments
   objAttachment.SaveAsFile (strFolderpath.SpecialFolders("Desktop") & "\" &
objAttachment.FileName)
  Next

  Set objAttachment = Nothing
  Set colAttachments = Nothing
  objCurrentItem.Close (olDiscard)
  Set objCurrentItem = Nothing

End Sub

--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Create your own fully customized Toolbar
-Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003
Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
mailbox!
www.sparnaaij.net

(I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
address when mailing)
-----
"PAt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had the same problem with IE, I looked the problem up
> and fixed it. But I can find no fix for outlook e-mail msgs
> I get a gif file and will only save as BMP. i f I add
> another extension to it like Gif for an animated gif
> it will not be an animated gif.

0
Roady
3/1/2004 7:58:24 PM
Thx works great, that problem was driving me crazy..
Im definitely going to sign up for your newsletter

Thx
Pat

0
anonymous (74722)

Receiving but can't send
Using outlook to receive and send emails have bellsouth and private domain both sending thru same server there are messages being sent out that dont appear in outbox when I do test, get the message back from test but cant send regular email have reloaded software Any Ideas RR Sorry I do not follow you. If you are sending out a message then it will = not show in the Outbox but it will be in the Sent folder. Also are there any error messages that are shown. If any can you post it = here The most important is to describe your issue in detail including Outlook = version and Windows ve...

Can not get Excel macros to save chart format -lost in space!
Help??? I've been searching this forum for 5 days trying to find a problem similar to what I am having without any luck. I have been trying to use Excel macro to record the creation, formating and saving of a simple bar chart against my Excel data range but the macros do not run for the chart. I am able to creat the charts okay but the macro craps out when I run it. I keep getting " Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" type errors as if it's not recognizing the chart that I just made. I am an advanced Excel person BUT not so with VB coding. ...

Save data as it is enerted.
How can I get my form to store data that I enter in a field, so that next time as I start to type the same data it populate the rest of the data. For example, if I enter a company name "My Company" the first time, the next time as I start typing "My..." it should populate all company names that begins with those letters and have been entered before. Possible?? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Forms don't store data, tables do. If you want a way, on a form, to see a list of the company names that match what you are typing in, take a look at how th...

can i recover unsaved ppt file after crash?
am i SOL or is there hope? thanks mark goodtoimes, Yes there's hope. Powerpoint newsgroup! Immanuel Sibero "goodtoimes" <goodtoimes@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eXq9wP9BFHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > am i SOL or is there hope? > > thanks > mark > > ...

Publisher 2007 Can i make a calender with holidays already on it?
IS there a way to make a calender in Publisher 2007 that already has holidays in it? I have a no frills 2009 calendar on my website with the holidays. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm Scroll down a little. Adding holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jaci" <Jaci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BB20065-41A5-479F-85E1-C4E91112ECBD@microsoft.com... > IS there a way to make a calender in Publisher 2007 that already has holidays > in it? ...

Make (save) a file by using macro recorder.
Hi all, I am new to macro and using macro recoder to create macro. On one file which I recieve every week from material department. I need to reformat and create pivot table. I use macro recorder and everything is working good. However I need that when my recorded macro end it create a file with the same name with the date and time it was create. I need every week a new file and I dont want to replace the one. Please let me know how I can create a new file with the date and time everyweek when I run my macro. Thanks -- Farhan Hi Farhan This should do it, just insert you...

Can't insert column; keep receiving error message
I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message that said, "...unable to shift nonblank cells off worksheet." I tried everything from unhiding all columns and rows toreformatting all the comments to move and size with their relative cells. I also removed all the comments and I was still unable to insert a column. Does anyone have a solution Thank you >-----Original Message----- >I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message th...

can a new email notification be sent to an external recipient?
Here's the situation. Exchange 2003 SP2. A certain group of users wants to be notified in their external email accounts (hotmail, gmail, etc) when they receive a new message in their corporate inbox on the Exchange server. How can I do this? There are folks here who might have a better idea, but you could just have the user create a rule in Outlook to send a notice, they could just turn on that rule when needed. The problem you might encounter is that, by default, Exchange won't allow external Auto relaying/forwarding. Here's an article that explains how to change ...

2003 Money (Can I -) question
Is it possible to change or preset defaults for the drop down fields used to create new recurring bill under [Bills & Deposits]? For example; [Write Check] is the default in the payment method. I want it to be [Print Check]. [Monthly] is default for the frequency and I want [Only Once]. I would like to be able to set my most used selections as defaults. Thanks - Andy Nope. "Andy" <a1cotton@knology.net> wrote in message news:079b01c392c3$6cfe0290$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to change or preset defaults for the drop > down fields used to create new...

Can't use Outlook
How can I cancel my account with Outlook? Because I can't use this software anymore we have installed Lotus Notes as a source of email and etc. Please notify me and let me know how to cancel this account. Please I counld go to far with it because I never knew the server to finish my account. Thanks Chuck OL only has accounts you set up Tools/Options/Accounts simply delete unwanted accounts. If you no longer use OL, uninstall. I'm assuming yr refering to OL not OLExpress Remember to set yr Internet Options to point to yr new email app David "chuck" <anonymous@dis...

Can you do a global font replace in Publisher?
Can I replace, say "Arial" with "Franklin Gothic book" and "Arial Black" with "Franklin Gothic Book (bold)" ? It would also be nice if I could update all the Syles t the same time. How? "Mr. Analogy" <MrAnalogy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A38DE87-53C8-4117-B3DD-E6023152D470@microsoft.com... > > Can I replace, say "Arial" with "Franklin Gothic book" and "Arial Black" > with "Franklin Gothic Book (bold)" ? > > It would also be nice if I could update all ...

Only one user at a time can access OWA
Using Exchange 5.5 SP3 on W2K. Only one user can log on using OWA at any one time. As soon as the first user logs out the next can then log on, but in a organisation of 1300 - bit of a problem. Previously we did have things working fine with Exchange 5.5 on WinNT but a hacking attack put paid to that system! Have run through MS trouble shooting but found no mention of this problem anywhere else. Any suggestions welcomed Regards Mike Cameron cameronm@queensbury.beds.sch.uk (Mike Cameron) wrote: >Using Exchange 5.5 SP3 on W2K. Only one user can log on using OWA at >any one time. As...

Can Publisher create professional books?
Hi, I've been told that Publisher can't really format professional books and to try a Tex variation. Wondering about opinions on this. I don't want people to be able to distinguish any difference between a book I publish and any other book in a bookstore. Also, what version of Publisher is recomended for this? I am using one for Win95 and it can't suppress headers on final pages, which makes for stupid looking end pages. Do later versions have significant improvements for the book publisher and what are they? Thanks for your help. Robert -- -- Robert Pearson ParaMind B...

Can use Quickscan when doing physical inventory?
I am getting prepared to start the first physical inventory using RMS. My plan was to use a laptop and a barcode scanner connected wirelessly to RMS. Folowing the instructions for setting up a physical inventory, I clicked 'new' and saw the options of add, delete and import but no option for "quick scan" as the instructions say. Does the option of scanning directly into RMS exist? Does anyone have any experience in scanning into a different file and then importing into RMS? Would this be easier? If it is easier, any thoughts on what program to scan into? I'm eagerl...

how can i see my exchange mails from different ISP
hi, i have an exchange server 2003 with windows server 2003 my mails are coming to my exchange through smtp server on port 25 , my exchange is behind the PIX firewall my users can check their mails through MSoutlook 2003, OWA and OUTlook express internaly and can send mails to yaho, hotmail,gmail as well , so plzz tell me what i have to configure on my server or on pix so that my users can see their mails from home or different ISP plzz send me the full configuration because i am new to exchange . thanks in advance regards ALI You have owa already working. So, let the pix accept con...

Save Images
Hello All I Have An ImageList Object Contains Some Images And I Want To Save Those Images To The HardDisk Is There Any Way For THat Thanks Alot Asked and answered on 9.19.2007, 9.20.2007 AND 9.22.2007. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II "RABEA" <ShamiJewelerjo@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23H1TuYa$HHA.3780@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello All > > I Have An ImageList Object Contains Some Images > And I Want To Save Those Images To The HardDisk > Is There Any Way For THat > > T...

Can Excel do this? #4
Greetings, I am new to this forum and have a question about what Excel is capable of. I asked around with friends and co-worker only to discover that I know more about Excel than they do. I created a sport specific score sheet (scores based on time) in which stage times, time penalties, etc. are summed and placed in an �overall time� cell. So far so good (everything works as planned). Now what I wish to do is have, not a number, but a word such as �novice� show up in a �rating� cell if the value in the �overall time� cell falls between two time limits and a different word such as �expert...

Can you suggest any way to turn off Saving to Excel?
I've been asked to disable Exporting from CRM to Excel. (I'm not making this up.) Perhaps management has temporarilly lost its senses. Your mission is impossible. Do not accept it You cannot disable exporting from CRM to Excel "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6D35176-EEA5-48A8-9798-3181E5FAD1E0@microsoft.com... > I've been asked to disable Exporting from CRM to Excel. (I'm not making > this > up.) Perhaps management has temporarilly lost its senses. How about this likely response - "But Larry, if the ...

can't open microsoft outlook on vista machine
I loaded outlook express on my machine, newlaptop with vista and I can't open it. Any suggestions? "pagegirl26" <pagegirl26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CDD0072-7CFB-4F6B-ABEF-91F74BE25BFE@microsoft.com... >I loaded outlook express on my machine, newlaptop with vista and I can't >open > it. Any suggestions? You can load Outlook Express on a Vista machine. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:27:01 -0700, pagegirl26 <pagegirl26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I loaded outlook express on my machine, ne...

can I sort text data into bins?
Hi, Here's my problem - I hope you can understand it & help: Let's say I've got a column, A (or row 1, it doesn't matter) that contains cells, each with a single word/category that I'm interested in [example: dog, cat, bird, fish, gerbil] - we can assume that this is my list of category headers/titles. Plus I've also got various other columns, A-D (or rows) next to my column A titles that each contain a list of items, one per cell: [eg: B1=dog + B2=cat, C1=bird + C2=cat + C3=gerbil]. Perhaps it would be clearer if I drew it out (ignore the dashes, they're j...

Can't set hyperlink to Word bookmark
Excel 2007 (& Word 2007) Vista Enterprise SP1 This topic has been covered re older versions of Excel, with no definitive answer. I want to hyperlink a certain Excel cell to a specific point in a Word document. I select the cell, hit Ctrl-k, and navigate to the file. The path and file appear in the address problem. I then press the Bookmark button. The following message appears: "Microsoft Office Excel could not open this file or could not parse a file of this type." [Why not? It's the same Office version?] The Show Help button unhelpfully says that certai...

Excell and Word Hang up when attempting use Save As command
I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and now find that when I attempt to use the save as command the application hangs up and prompts me to send a report to microsoft when I terminate a non-responding program. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Maybe... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918165 Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015 Microsoft Patch Snafu Grows, Users Seek Workaround http://www.techweb.com/wire/security/185303742 Scuta wrote: > > I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and ...

Outlook 2003: Message Box Appears: "Can't open this item. Out of memory or system resources. Close some or programs and try again"
I had a problem, found the solution, and thought I'd post my findings instead of being simply greedy and moving on my way. :) Problem: When running Outlook 2003, I'm was receiving a message box (pop up window) when trying to open any email or item: "Can't open this item. Out of memory or system resources. Close some or programs and try again." Solution: Apparently, this catch all message appears for a host of reasons, and it appears to be a message that's been around for a loong time based on returns from Yahoo! searches. So no one person's solution applies to...

Repost-Edit and save query criteria
Sorry to repost this, but I was not sure I would get help with this again and it would get lost in the list. As suggested, I created a table called ExcludeShows1 with the ShowID and Year fields. I have posted the SQL with those changes to the query. When I tested this initially, it appeared to work. Then I tried testing the queries using last year's show data for 2009. No data is being returned for 2009. Not sure what is happening that it is not returning 2009 data. SELECT Shows.ShowID, Entries.Place, IIf([Entries]>1,([Entries]-[Place])*0.5,0) AS Points1, IIf([...

How Can You Force a Particular Popup Form Height and Width?
I am looking to force each popup form to the dimensions of height and width that I want. I tried setting the Border Style Property to Sizeable and Auto Resize to No, however when I go from Design View to Form View for the Popup Form, I have to resize the form each time; when I set the Border Style to "Thin" I cannot change the dimensions. Set your border type to thin then resize the design area grid not the forms border when in design view.. if auto resize is set to yes the form will resize to your design grids size if auto resize is set to no the form will have th...