Recieve Mail Before Sending

How do I set up Outlook 2003 to recieve mail before sending
0
anonymous (74722)

Set your send/receive group settings to receive and not send.  Or are you
talking about setting authentication?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
Keith <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:
| How do I set up Outlook 2003 to recieve mail before sending

0
MillyS4407 (663)

Outlook XP closes when user clicks Send/Receive
Hello All, I've got a laptop with XP Professional running Office XP SP3. When the user clicks Send/Receive, Outlook says nothing and closes immediately. I know there's a KB article dealing with an Exchange account and a POP account stepping on one another and causing similar problems, but there is only one POP account set up here. After much googling, I've been unable to find a solution. I've repaired Office XP, as well as uninstalled/reinstalled it. Any suggestions? TIA Brett Brett Kelly <inkedmn@gmail.com> wrote: > I've got a laptop with XP Professional...

double mail sent
Hi! I've a problem on mdaemon on W2003 Sometimes I send 2 same messages.... and I think that using webmail I don't have this problem (only with outlook express) Can you help me? Thanks On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:32:33 +0200, roberta <roby@tis.it> wrote: >Hi! I've a problem on mdaemon on W2003 > >Sometimes I send 2 same messages.... and I think that using webmail I >don't have this problem (only with outlook express) > >Can you help me? > >Thanks This is a SQL server newsgroup, if you are having problems with mdaemon you may ...

Mail Enabled : How to retrieve the mails.
Hi, I have created one mail enabled account with smtp address but how do I retrieve the mails ? Thank you. Rgrds, Zul On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:00:36 +0800, "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote: >Hi, > >I have created one mail enabled account with smtp address but how do I >retrieve the mails ? > >Thank you. > >Rgrds, >Zul > A mail enabled account doesn't have a mailbox. When you create that account you specify an external SMTP address and collect the mail from there however you would normally do it. Hi Mark, This means that the exchang...

UAC prompt when opening Windows Live Mail
Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to tell it that it is ok for WLM to open so that I don't have to keep clicking on it? Have you toggled on the option for the WLM shortcut(properties/advanced tab) to 'Run as Administrator' in Vista or Windows 7 ? If so, uncheck it. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "myschnucki" <myschnucki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1499C644-21AF-4231-A50E-1C0D885A676E@microsoft.com... > Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to >...

Query to Mail Merge issue
I am running Access2003 on WinXP SP2. I send out dues letters for members of a retiree group. When I try to do a mail merge to my Dues Query all goes fine except the telephone number in the query which is (555)555-1234 comes out 5555551234. If I copy the query into an excel spreadsheet and use that as the datasource for the mail merge it works fine. Is there something I need to do to format the query so it merges with the right format. Thanks Billa In the query format the field to include the parentheses and dash. In query design view, instead of the field name put an expression alo...

Mail merge from Excel #2
Hello I am trying to use the 2nd worksheet of an Excel spreadsheet for a mail merge, but the mail merge helper only allows me to select the 1st worksheet. I don't want to change the worksheet order because I have another mail merge running from the 1st sheet. Is there a way of selecting the 2nd sheet Thanks in advance Jo, see the like below about using Microsoft Excel Worksheet via Converter to do it. You could also copy the page to a new workbook and use it as your temporary data source. I have run into problems with using some date in excel when I try to merge with word and have overc...

Multiple Domain e-mail addresses
We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having a bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin do I configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain. For example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and would also like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note that I have updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to make the changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance... Recipient polices-email address policy. "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff...

send and close
Word 2003 Hi , When you send a Word doc as an e-mail, there is a button for "Send a Copy". How can I get Word to close automatically after I click that button. Do I have to do it via code or is there another button that I can put in the tool bar. Thanks, Joel ...

Send #3
Messages waiting to be sent are NOT formatted in italic in the Outbox, and therefore remain in the outbox after send/receive. Hi - please tell us your version of Outlook, what service pack you have, what mode if applicable (see all this in help | about) and what kind of e-mail account you use. Bernie wrote: > Messages waiting to be sent are NOT formatted in italic in > the Outbox, and therefore remain in the outbox after > send/receive. ...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

How can I send e-mail as a web page
Hi! I am in the process of creating "Newsletters", and it will be a web page/html file. Is there a way I can send this to recipients so that it will be displayed as a web page in their e-mail? Outlook express had a shortcut for this, but I cannot seem to find this function in Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance : ) You either send from within the program you created the html webpage or from within Outlook use; Insert-> File...-> select HTML file-> press little down arrow on Insert-> choose Insert as Text -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Off...

HOWTO create a Mail Merge Template in MSCRM with multiple child records
Hi, I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds like a parent-child template. Any idea? On Jun 2, 1:26=A0pm, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in > Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. > My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order > details (prod...

Do not have permission to send to this recipient #2
Hi there, I'm having a problem with Advanced Mailbox rights in native mode Exchange 2003 in a mixed-mode 2000/2003 AD domain. Client is Outlook 2003 on either Win2k or XP sp1/2 I would like to give a set of users permissions to a common service account mailbox from which they can generate a response "From" that mailbox (i.e., not their personal account). I do this by going to the Exchange Advanced Tab|Mailbox Rights and assigning the user Full Mailbox Access. The user is then able to add the mailbox to Outlook, except when they try to send the email FROM that account, t...

Looking for a quick way to create a bunch of labels for annual mailing to diverse contacts
Using Office 2004 (11.2), I have numerous contacts that are part of diverse categories (some have not been categorized yet) I would like to create mailing labels for the annual calendar mailing. As of now I figured out how to select a large number of contacts & mark them as part of the annual card category (Command & click) and go to Word's Data Merge Manager where select the main document & then the address book as a data source. I went to Query Options and selected the category that fits (annual card). Now what? ...

No Mail Delivery #2
possible duplicate-original didn't show in 30 minutes. Last night I installed SP1 to my exchange server, it went through the install and at the end informed me that the services could not install causing the install to fail. Server roobooted fine. The next day now no mail is being delivered internally or externally. When I go to system manager under that server and qeues most of the states are set to retry. I have under local delivery on the default smtp virtual server the state is retry with several hundred messages awaiting delivery. I have stopped and started the smtp se...

cannot send or receive mail
I configured my Outlook 2003 the same as my Outlook express that has been running successfully for years. I can create mail and it remains in the outbox even after send/receive button is pushed. No error message at all. Just no action and when I close it I do get told that there are messages waiting to be sent. ...

E-mails an hour off
All e-mails seem to be an hour behind the real time. No matter where they come from or what program they are all an hour behind. The Exchange 2K3 server is set to the right time and right time zone. My XP machine is the same, but if I send a message to myself via Outlook 2K3 it will come into my inbox an hour behind. What's going on? I just noticed this this morning. I ran a bunch of MS updates last night on all the 2K and 2K3 servers. Could an update be causing this problem? Any suggestion or idea would be appreciated. Mike check all clients and the server to see if they...

Choose Profile Message When Sending Report to Mail
We are having a problem with Mail Configuration. We are using GP published through Citrix. We log into the desktop as a particular user, and configure the default Mail Profile using Mail in the Control Panel, which is Outlook. The problem is that whenever we Print a report to Screen, then go Send Mail as text, it pops up with the Choose Mail dialog. After clicking on Options (on the Dialog) you can check "Default Profile" and it sends the email. Yet when we close GP and re-open it, the Choose Profile dialog appears again. Any ideas why this is happening? Regards Konrad Konr...

How to send a multipage newsletter in the body of an email
First, the caveats. 1. I use Outlook Express so I can't be certain that this process will work if you are using something like AOL, Juno, Netscape Mail or the like. I'm sure that it will work with Outlook even tho I haven't tested it. If you are using one of those programs and you try this, I'd be interested to hear if it worked. 2. This process could produce a hefty email. I used a four page Publisher template and the file size is about 800 KB. As you change fonts, add pictures, etc, the size will grow. 3. If your audience has their email set for text only, there'...

outbox won't send
I can not empty the outbox when I send mail. I can do each one seperately. The problem I belive is the outbox is not included in the send receive group. Outlook 2002 will not allow me to add it either. is there a way to unlock or unblock this??? ...

can i send a weekly calender to others?
I want to send a weekly calender to my collegues. How do i do this?? What version of Outlook? Do you want to send them a calendar they can open in Outlook or will a calendar in a word document do? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Exchange server do y...

Exchange fails to send CRM emails
When I try to send emails using the CRM 3.0 web interface "most" of them fail to be sent. If I copy that exact same and email and send it to the same address using outlook 2003 it sends with no problem. Exchange 2003 will send me an email, a day later that is is delayed and then finally another day later that it failed. I have turned off the email tracking in CRM and this did not help. I thought the numbers CRM puts in the subject may have been causing it to be blocked. What could be causing the emails to fail when sent using CRM and the exact same email to work with Outlook...

Exchange 2003
Send As permission didnt set but all users are able to send as another user. Anyone encountered this before? Any solution? On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:42:01 -0700, Fui Fan <FuiFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Send As permission didnt set but all users are able to send as another user. >Anyone encountered this before? Any solution? If everyone can do this you may have the all users (if there is one) security group inside an Exchange group you shouldn't. Look on the properties of a user account (yours perhaps) and see what groups have "Mull Mailbox Access". Nobody...

Outlook 2003 trying to send nonexistant email
I have a 2 part problem but the main issue is it trying to send an email that doesn't exists. I have att DSL on XP SP2. I can send and receive email from both of my yahoo email accounts through Outlook express. In outlook 2003 I receive a sending error "connection to server was interrupted" when I try to send on either of these email accounts only and not my ATT accounts. This is a problem but my main problem is that I continually receive this error on one of my two yahoo accounts when I have outlook open. There are no emails in my outbox and I have deleted this account a...

Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web
Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web Support over 147 countries and ALL languages (unicode encoding) MSG.to provides a unique personal SMS URL for you. It is easy for friends sending text message to you by web. For example, if your name is Lisa, you can register: http://MSG.to/Lisa (you can use this link to see demo) You can also register your mobile phone number as SMS URL like: http://MSG.to/+886913123456 (you can use this link to see demo) Please visit http://msg.to/ for more information. Related keywords: Short Message Serv...