Receiving multiple copies of messages

I installed Outlook Live several days ago.  I have not been using Microsoft
Outlook fro quite some time.  For the first few days, my messages were
downloading normally.  All of a sudden, Outlook has started downloading
multiple copies of the same message.

I do not have any filters set up, so this cannot be a filter issue.  I have
4 pop accounts set up, 1 MAPI account (Hotmail) and 1 IMAP account. The
majority of my mail is received from my Hotmail account.  The pop accounts
are all set up with the option to leave messages on the server until I  empty
the deleted items folder.

My IMAP account seems to be the only account that is not being plagued with
duplicate messages.

Has anyone else run ino this problem?  More importantly does anyone have any
ideas how to correct this problem.

TIA

I am receiving t
--
Ron Bernier

Do you have any AV software set to scan incoming/outgoing mail?  If yes,
disable it and see if the situation stops.

Oh, and Hotmail is HTTP mail, not MAPI.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head-scratching, Ron Bernier asked this group:

| I installed Outlook Live several days ago.  I have not been using
| Microsoft Outlook fro quite some time.  For the first few days, my
| messages were downloading normally.  All of a sudden, Outlook has
| started downloading multiple copies of the same message.
|
| I do not have any filters set up, so this cannot be a filter issue.
| I have 4 pop accounts set up, 1 MAPI account (Hotmail) and 1 IMAP
| account. The majority of my mail is received from my Hotmail account.
| The pop accounts are all set up with the option to leave messages on
| the server until I  empty the deleted items folder.
|
| My IMAP account seems to be the only account that is not being
| plagued with duplicate messages.
|
| Has anyone else run ino this problem?  More importantly does anyone
| have any ideas how to correct this problem.
|
| TIA
|
| I am receiving t

0
MillyS (3228)
3/12/2005 4:34:32 PM
I do have AV software installed.  I use Kaspersky AV Personal Pro 5.0.  The
strange thing is, the duplicate emails have stopped as suddenly as they
started without me doing anything.

I referred to my hotmail account as MAPI only because when I look at the
list of my accounts under "email accounts" in Outlook 2003, under name, my
account is listed as bernfrin at hotmail dot com, and under type it is listed
as MAPI (default).

Thank you for your response.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Do you have any AV software set to scan incoming/outgoing mail?  If yes,
> disable it and see if the situation stops.
>
> Oh, and Hotmail is HTTP mail, not MAPI.
>

> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head-scratching, Ron Bernier asked this group:
>
> | I installed Outlook Live several days ago.  I have not been using
> | Microsoft Outlook fro quite some time.  For the first few days, my
> | messages were downloading normally.  All of a sudden, Outlook has
> | started downloading multiple copies of the same message.
> |
> | I do not have any filters set up, so this cannot be a filter issue.
> | I have 4 pop accounts set up, 1 MAPI account (Hotmail) and 1 IMAP
> | account. The majority of my mail is received from my Hotmail account.
> | The pop accounts are all set up with the option to leave messages on
> | the server until I  empty the deleted items folder.
> |
> | My IMAP account seems to be the only account that is not being
> | plagued with duplicate messages.
> |
> | Has anyone else run ino this problem?  More importantly does anyone
> | have any ideas how to correct this problem.
> |
> | TIA
> |
> | I am receiving t

Outlook 2003
I can't find a bug report place so here it is. After clicking Cancel All in the send receive details I watched another 100 emails download from one of my accounts. Does cancel not mean cancel anymore? ...

Can you use multiple vlookup's to generate one answer?
I need to look up 3 different matches to generate an answer, and I was unsure of how to do this? As an example. I need it to match the piece of fruit, the state it was grown in, and the season, and then for it to return to me who the seller is. In the spreadsheet there are multiple variations of these combinations. Can this be done, what would the formula look like? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Exchange UserCredential between client and webservice in.NET http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5cbf012c-41f8-4133-a6bf-e3a718f0d96f/exchange-usercredential-b...

Multiple Personal Folders #6
Somehow, I now have 3 sets of Personal Folders in my 'All Mail Folders' view. If I go into my Outlook Data Files it only shows 1. My main folder (the one with the little house and clock icon)is fine. The other two seem to be copies of my main one - with the same folders, etc, but, they are not changing (nothing new has been added to them as has the main pst.) If I try to close either of the redundent ones I get an error message: The operation failed. An object could not be found. Any thoughts?? This means your mail profile somehow got corrupted and you'll need to recre...

copying text from Davka
When I try to copy text from a document in Davka (which includes Hebrew and English) into a document in Publisher, the Hebrew text will only appear in one standard fomat, rather than the specific Hebrew font from Davka. The only options the program is allowing is for the Hebrew to copy over in Times New Roman or in the Hebrew font we don't want. How can I make the specific Hebrew font work in Publisher when it's copied from Davka? Maybe this article will be helpful... http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=1&q=http://jwit.webinstituteforteachers.org/Importing%2520Judai...

Error message 7465 doesn't exist message
When I try to delete a user in GP 9.0 I get a popup with this message in it: Error message 7465 doesn't exist Can anyone tell me what that is supposed to mean? ...

Message box in a formula
hi i really need some help i need to create a formula or macro that looks at a cell and if it contains summin (e.g. the text 're-order') it displays a message box that says do you want to blah blah blah with options yes or no , no doing nothing yes linking to a macro/or another sheet etc. I can't find how to do this. can you have a message box in a formula and if not could this be done using a macro. it needs to be done automaticly so whenever text enters that cell it needs to realise straight away, not after manually clicking a macro button. can anybody help? would be s...

Message unavailable
Why do I get message unavailable on my repy to a posted query on this site Brian, I think the servers on the Microsoft CDO interface are having problems as many people have said the same thing. If you are using Outlook Express or another newsreader, the messages are all there, but according to CDO, most are not there. So hopefully they will come back soon. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1476e01c3f8a6$64f31e20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Why do I get message unavai...

Receiving error Stop: c000021a
I am receiving this message seemingly at random on my laptop, the screen goes black and the screen randomly shuts down then when I turn the laptop back on it turns off. I checked previous threads but all of them are about windows XP whereas I am using Vista Basic. I tried using the last good settings when I booted the computer, tried a system restore from past windows updates, did ALL windows updates and still have the issue, did a scandisk in DOS but everything was fine, and tried a system repair, nothing is working. I do not have the vista reinstall disc. Here's the ...

Copying conditional formats
I can't find anything in help about copying conditional formats to other cells - very frustrated. Help infers that the Format Painter can be used, but that copies all formatting (color, lines, etcetera). How do we just copy the conditional format and none of the other formatting attributes? Why can't we simply apply one of the existing conditional formatting rules from the conditional format menu? copy the cell | go to edit | paste special | format | ok On Nov 23, 3:55=A0pm, "Blue Max" <mailrich...@msn.com> wrote: > I can't find anything in help about ...

deleting messages using M drive
Does anyone know if it is safe to delete individual messages by going into the M drive and deleting messages like you would delete files in a directory? Thanks, Mario Using the M:\ drive to do anything other than view the data is not suggested. If there is another way to delete the specific items, I would suggest you use it instead of the M:\ drive. This is why in Exchange 2003 we have removed the M:\ drive mapping. --Chris ============================================================================ ==== This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Copy data from one cell to another
I have a list of data that looks like this: A B 1 123-45-6789 5.82 2 3 ---------------- ----- 4 234-56-7890 9.53 5 6 ---------------- ------ I need it to look like this: A B 1 123-45-6789 5.82 2 123-45-6789 3 ---------------- ----- 4 234-56-7890 9.53 5 234-56-7890 6 ---------------- ------ I have never done a macro before, so a function would be great if possible. Thank you in advance for any help! Dawn Select all of column A, do Edit / Go To / Special...

Copying the same cell from different sheets
I have a bunch of worksheets, each formatted identically. Let's say their names are "A" to "Z". I insert a new sheet and I want to examine the same cell from all sheets. Suppose there is a value representing annual expenses in cell D13 of each sheet. My new sheet might look something like this: Sheet Annual Expense A $100 B $150 C $200 etc. Is there a way to do this without having to enter the formula separately into each cell? It seems to me I saw somewhere a way to "build" a formula by stringing the components together. H...

How to connect to Message Store in Exchange 2007
Hi How do we connect to Exchange server 2007 message store in C++. Can we use MAPI?. If not how do we connect Thanks Ravi You can still write C++ applications and use MAPI. However to do so you will need to first install the standalone MAPI/CDO component on the exchange 2007 server. http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2006/06/19/636996.aspx -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Dgoldman http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman "Ravi" <Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D7B4EC2-D43E-4909-9557-DE5185D04D58...

Any way to combine multiple Visio documents into a single documen.
I used Visio Enterprise Architect from Visual Studio .NET 2003 to reverse engineer 11 projects making up a solution to product 11 UML Static Model files. Is there any way to combine those documents into a single document so that the Model Explorer shows all projects under the Top Package icon, enabling me to work with the whole solution in one file? Thanks, Nick Piazza ...

auto reply messaging
how do I set-up an auto reply message when I'm out of the office? If you are in an Exchange environment (ask your administrator if you do notknow) you can set the Out of the Office Assistant which is located under Tools. If you are not in an Exchange environment you can create a rule that replies on all e-mails. The downside of this is that you'll have to have your Outlook open all the time for the rules to process. Make sure you set some exceptions (for instance based on the subject field so it will not reply on subject with e.g. reply, failed, undeliverable, etc...) otherwhise you...

0x80004005 error message
I am using Windows Vista with Windows Mail and logged in this morning and clicked send/receive and it came up with this message: An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Chris @ Home', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005 How can I get rid of it? I have uninstalled Nortons Internet Security and it still happens. Please help. Thanks The 0x80004005 error is usually a result of a corrupted message structure on the server. In your browser go to your provider's webmail portal and log in. Then cl...

Using shared resources between multiple projects
I'm writing a solution formed by some projects (all mfc based). I'm thinking if it is possible using shared resources between projects, in order to make easy multilanguage support. What do you think about this? Is it a possible approach? Is it possible I have a performance issue? Should this solution give me some other problems? Regards, Paolo > I'm writing a solution formed by some projects (all mfc based). I'm > thinking if it is possible using shared resources between projects, in > order to make easy multilanguage support. > What do you think about this? Is it...

Moving/copying Macros
I am using Word 2007 - Office Home and Student. I have made some macros which are very useful for me. I am moving to a new computer where I will install Word 2007 - I would like to move the macros there. Is there a location where all macros are stored and I can copy and paste those files? In WordPerfect that can be done. I tried looking in Word options and file locations but cannot seem to find the macros stored files. Thank you -- MS Unless you have specified a different template, they are stored in Normal.dotm. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Wor...

can we copy the code from the addin to excel workbook
Is there any code thru which we can copy the code from addin to a excel workbook .. in the addin i have a code written in thisworkbook and have 1 module .. The process requires you to save the macro as a BAS file then read the BAS file into the 2nd workbook. Chip Pearson has good instructions at his website 'Programming In The VBA Editor' (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.aspx) Read the two bullets at the top of the webpage carefully especially �Next, you need to enable programmatic access to the VBA Project. In Excel 2003 and earlier, go the Tools menu (in Excel, ...

Printing Multiple Sheets
I know that I've done this in the past without any problems, but I'm using a new (to me) computer running Excel 2003, and am having trouble printing multiple sheets at the same time. I'm trying to select 2-3 tabs and printing them all as a group. The advantage is that page numbers in the footer reflect the group of sheets vs. each individual one. It's also very helpful when converting to PDF. The problem I'm having is that the 2nd page is not printing properly. The right column is being cutoff. I've checked the print range several times, and it&#...

Multiple pages to single page
I've got a ten page org chart I'm trying to condense to one 34" x 44" page. Have access to a plotter so the boss wants to see the whole thing on one page. Is there an easier way to do this other than cutting and pasting? Thanks all!! ...

sending unknown messages???
When I open outlook, it goes through the send/receive process and is sending multiple messages without anything in my outbox??? I have updated my virus software... detects nothing. used antivirus.com as well to do an on line virus search... still detects nothing??? Sound familiar?... please help. Why do you think you're sending messages? Are you receiving receipts from people saying that they have blocked your message because it contained...? There are a lot of worms out now that "spoof" the senders email address. It would appear to come from you but actually it is the ...

Phantom messages being sent to Interrupt OUT on a specific USB HID
I am using an Ellisys USB Tracker, and the tool is showing that there is a stream of messages being sent to endpoint 2 on my HID device, regularly once per second. My application that uses the device is not running - in fact, I've re-booted XP and the only thing running is Ellisys Visual USB. With the HID device plugged into that machine I see these 31-byte messages (in hex): 55 53 42 43 B0 EA D8 8A 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 00 ... all rest are zeros With other HID devices plugged in I don't see the traffic, it's only with this specific device PID (more than one instance o...

Suppressing default error message
How do I suppress the default Access error message. I have a form that opens when the db is started and opens one recordset to check table links. If the link is broken, it refreshes all table links. I've created my own message in the Err_Form_Open: section of the error handler to let users know the links are being refreshed. Now, the weird part. The form worked exactly as it was supposed to when I only had a few command buttons on it but when I added a tab control (to better organize the menus) the default error message displays before my message. The form still refreshes the l...

Help Required with strange error message?
When trying to edit a macro I recorded I am returned with the followin message:- Compile Error: Can't find project or library In the macro code "response" is highlighted, and when I search in th object browser it is no longer listed as an option there. It was there when I wrote the macro, but to the best of my knowledg no-one has changed any of the settings on the workstation. Any suggestions on what has happened, and how I get it back? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly fro...