receiving (from some people) mails without body (and they are NOT spam)

Hi,

I'm using Outlook 2003 with Spam Bully (and AVG as anti-virus - although got
it with Norton AV too).
From some people the mails I receive have no body text.  The TO/FROM/SUBJECT
is correct but the body is totaly empty.
Checking with the senders shows (well they say :-)) that the mail they send
was NOT empty.

Any ideas what might cause this?

dirk.

0
dirk1 (8)

I had a similar problem. I think it is due to some HTML tag. You will not
have this when they send plain text email. Try setting Outlook to read all
mail as plain text.

"Dirk" <dirk@nospam_to_remove_ofcourse.woodstone.nu> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Outlook 2003 with Spam Bully (and AVG as anti-virus - although
got
> it with Norton AV too).
> From some people the mails I receive have no body text.  The
TO/FROM/SUBJECT
> is correct but the body is totaly empty.
> Checking with the senders shows (well they say :-)) that the mail they
send
> was NOT empty.
>

> Any ideas what might cause this?
>

> dirk.

0
no2192 (22)
7/27/2005 1:54:49 PM
Also try changing your View, encoding settings in the email. Also look at
your Security settings, change auto download settings and see if you allow
HTML content to be downloaded in emails.

"R." wrote:

> I had a similar problem. I think it is due to some HTML tag. You will not
> have this when they send plain text email. Try setting Outlook to read all
> mail as plain text.
>

> "Dirk" <dirk@nospam_to_remove_ofcourse.woodstone.nu> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using Outlook 2003 with Spam Bully (and AVG as anti-virus - although
> got
> > it with Norton AV too).
> > From some people the mails I receive have no body text.  The
> TO/FROM/SUBJECT
> > is correct but the body is totaly empty.
> > Checking with the senders shows (well they say :-)) that the mail they
> send
> > was NOT empty.
> >

> > Any ideas what might cause this?
> >

> > dirk.

0
Mary1 (682)
7/27/2005 5:19:05 PM
and were in outlook can I set that?

"R." <no@spam.pls> wrote in message
>I had a similar problem. I think it is due to some HTML tag. You will not
> have this when they send plain text email. Try setting Outlook to read all
> mail as plain text.
>

> "Dirk" <dirk@nospam_to_remove_ofcourse.woodstone.nu> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using Outlook 2003 with Spam Bully (and AVG as anti-virus - although
> got
>> it with Norton AV too).
>> From some people the mails I receive have no body text.  The
> TO/FROM/SUBJECT
>> is correct but the body is totaly empty.
>> Checking with the senders shows (well they say :-)) that the mail they
> send
>> was NOT empty.
>>

>> Any ideas what might cause this?
>>

>> dirk.

0
dirk1 (8)
7/27/2005 10:39:13 PM
"Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Also try changing your View, encoding settings in the email. Also look at
> your Security settings, change auto download settings and see if you allow
> HTML content to be downloaded in emails.
>
> "R." wrote:
>
>> I had a similar problem. I think it is due to some HTML tag. You will not
>> have this when they send plain text email. Try setting Outlook to read
>> all
>> mail as plain text.
>>

>> "Dirk" <dirk@nospam_to_remove_ofcourse.woodstone.nu> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm using Outlook 2003 with Spam Bully (and AVG as anti-virus -
>> > although
>> got
>> > it with Norton AV too).
>> > From some people the mails I receive have no body text.  The
>> TO/FROM/SUBJECT
>> > is correct but the body is totaly empty.
>> > Checking with the senders shows (well they say :-)) that the mail they
>> send
>> > was NOT empty.
>> >

>> > Any ideas what might cause this?
>> >

>> > dirk.

0
dirk1 (8)
7/27/2005 10:39:18 PM
Dirk <dirk@nospam_to_remove_ofcourse.woodstone.nu> wrote:

> and were in outlook can I set that?

Tools>Options>E-mail Options>Read all standard mail in plain text
--
Brian Tillman
0

Still the mail is empty.

dirk.

> Dirk <dirk@nospam_to_remove_ofcourse.woodstone.nu> wrote:
>
>> and were in outlook can I set that?
>
> Tools>Options>E-mail Options>Read all standard mail in plain text
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
dirk1 (8)
7/28/2005 2:49:02 PM
I found it in Outlook (were you say it is) however it did not solve the
problem :-(

any other ideas?

dirk.

> Dirk <dirk@nospam_to_remove_ofcourse.woodstone.nu> wrote:
>
>> and were in outlook can I set that?
>
> Tools>Options>E-mail Options>Read all standard mail in plain text
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
dirk1 (8)

No permission to send/receive
When I click on "Send/Receive" outlook responds with "You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation." However, when I test account settings, every test passes. ...

messages received show incorrect time in time sent
when I receive messages from people in the same country are showing the time sent as 8 or 9 hours before the actual time sent . Does anyone know how I can reconfigure outlook to remedy this? admulley <admulley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when I receive messages from people in the same country are showing > the time sent as 8 or 9 hours before the actual time sent . Does > anyone know how I can reconfigure outlook to remedy this? It may not be your problem at all, but theirs. Have you examined the time stamps in the headers? -- Brian Tillman ...

How can I delete spam in Outlook Express
Hi, when I try to delete spam from the spam box a message states that I do not have the authority to do this, and when I clic on the Properties Box all items are greyed out. Help much appreciated "Longshot" <Longshot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CC84E74-1926-4AFE-B4A3-5D826E8A8EC7@microsoft.com... > Hi, when I try to delete spam from the spam box a message states that I do > not have the authority to do this, and when I clic on the Properties Box > all > items are greyed out. > Help much appreciated This newsgroup is for support of Out...

How do I do mail merge with 2 2-sided documents per page?
I am trying to merge an excel mailing list with a two sided postcard. I can fit 2 postcards per page (2 fronts on one side and 2 corresponding backs on the other). Prior to doing the mail merge, the print preview looks correct. After the mail merge, the print preview shows only 1 postcard per page. This doubles the amount of paper I will need to use. Does anyone know how to set up publisher to allow me to print 2 postcards, front and back, with mail merge one sheet of printer paper? When you do a mail merge you can only have one card on your screen. If you are using 2007 I would s...

Mail wont delete from server
i recently started using WLM for my comcast email account on my new laptop with windows 7. the problem i have is that when i delete my messages from within WLM it does NOT remove them from my comcast mail account. the mail continues to build up until the box is full and i can revieve no more mail. My windows xp computer with outlook mail client was able to remove it from the serever. is there a setting i am overlooking to accomplish this? otherwise it defeats the purpose of using WLM if i still have to log on to comcast to purge all the mail. thanks for any help ! Tools | Ac...

mail merge to Word
Does anyone know why I can't get my zip codes in Excel to merge into mailing labels in Word 2000? On the first worksheet I get a very few to merge, the rest are blank. On the second worksheet where I've copied and pasted some random names and addresses from worksheet 1, the zip codes do merge but they all have a decimal and a zero at the end. I have gone to Format and chosen Text, but that doesn't seem to help. I've even cleared and re-entered all my zip codes. That made no difference either. Does anyone see a clue where I'm going wrong? TIA bob ...

Hotmail will not receive/display messages sent from GMX or Yahoo
Messages sent from a GMX or Yahoo account using Windows Live Mail will not be received/displayed in Hotmail's inbox. However, if they are sent using Outlook Express, they are successfully received and displayed. Also, a message sent from G-Mail using Windows Live Mail (or Outlook Express) will work fine. Very unusual! When you say "Hotmail inbox" do you mean the one on the web or the one in your Windows Live Mail? Are the missing messages not visible in either location? Hotmail has very stringent (some would say 'draconian') spam filtering. It is not ...

Outbound email blocked as SPAM when using the CRM4.0 router
I am using CRM 4.0 and noticed outbound email is blocked as SPAM when sent through the CRM router. The same email sent through Outlook is not blocked. I looked at the header of both outbound messages and noticed the CRM router email header is slightly different than what goes out through Outlook. I'm guessing it is the way the router relays the email. I have the router running on our Exchange 2007 server. I really want to use the router but can't take a cahnce on it getting blocked as SPAM. What is the solution? Have you managed to find any information on this, as we are having ...

Mail Server or Domain banned?
How can I find out if my mail server has been banned or if the administrator banned my domain name? Not enough info to go on. Are you running your own mail server? What makes you think it's been blacklisted? Are you getting bounce messages/NDRs? Rob wrote: > How can I find out if my mail server has been banned or if the > administrator banned my domain name? No, we are talking POP mail. I'm afraid a system administrator might be sabotaging me. Any email sent from mydomain.com is rejected by saiddomain.com. I think the system administrator blocked mydomain.com from saiddo...

How can I prevent outlook downloading fonts from used in (mostly) spam messages?
I receive many emails which when opened for previews seem to cause a lot of disc activity and then display, typically, a Russian font or something. These are almost always spam mails and I wonder if the point of these font-loaded mails is so that the sender can get positive feedback of viewing? So is there a way to configure Outlook so that it never downloads fonts but restricts itself to those on my hard drive? What version of Outlook and do these mails have the same fonts in the message subject? If yes, why are you opening them? Are they from someone you know? Do you open every messag...

Rejected E-Mail Relaying???
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C50A09.C6E8DBE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Client using Exchange 2003. Got an e-mail returned with with a = rejected: ip address listed on dnsbl.sorbs.net error. Their domain name has .us extension, is that causing a problem at the = recipeint's end, thinking that it is spam? Is there a way to stop open relay in Exchange 2003? Thank you for your help in advance! Candace Sparks ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C50A09.C6E8DBE0 Content-Type: tex...

Can you change letter case without having to retype words?
I have an excel worksheet which I need to change all the columns from capitals to lower case text. Is there a way to do this without having to retype the whole database? Sure. One easy way is to copy to Word, select and choose Format-Change case. However, you can do this using a macro, which you might want to store in your personal.xls file. http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=69 ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Elissa" <Elissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A55C0E80-8262-48F8-B87F-60DB17255F...

Problem with user that sending out mail to 1000/users external
Hello I have 600/users on out Exchange 2000 server and some of them is sending out mail to 1000/user (external) and when they do that our mail server is working to hard and the other user is complaining. Is their anyway of stopping then from doing the mass mail during the day and then let them sending their mail at night?? Can I create some group (set some settings for max outgoing mamil) that handling this user or must I write some script?? Regards, Kenneth In Outlook, when creating new message click File\Properties\Send Options\MSExchange\Send this item in ... P.S. Sending message to 1000...

Formamting time WITHOUT date
I've been trying to format some cells to accomdate some data in the for of time (hh:mm). I have tried all the time format options and trie some of the custom format options but every time I enter some data int the cells, its put that data into the date rather time. How to I mak it so its the time that is shown and not the date as I dont need this. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use custom format [hh]:mm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Fraggs >" <<Fraggs.150f31@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Fraggs.150f31@excelforum-nospam.com...

Exchange 2010 Hub/CAS
I am in the process of transitioning from Exchange 2003 SP2 to Exchange 2010. I've set up 2 servers running Exchange 2010 with combined Hub Transport and Client Access roles. I am using Windows Load Balancing for the CAS array. My understanding is that the Hub Transport roles will automatically load balance. In front of these servers I have a firewall and an email filtering server. The firewall routes all SMTP traffic to the email filter server. The email filter server then routes allowed mail to my existing Exchange 2003 front-end server, which then delivers the mail to the ...

Please fix "You replied ..." issue when replying to received messa
In Outlook versions 2000-2007, when I start a reply to a message in Outlook, as soon as the message is saved to Drafts the notice, "You replied on ..." appears in the message I received. If I subsequently change my mind, or save it in Drafts for a period of time, the "You replied ..." still stays as it was when first saved. Thus, Outlook is inaccurately saying that I replied when in fact I did not. I read an MVP's reply from July 2005 saying this is not a bug. I don't understand how a software application saving and stating inaccurate information...

Access an excel file through FTP without write protection
Hi experts I placed a question yesterday - approximately 28 hours ago - nobody have reacted on it - please tell me if you don't understand my question because my English is to bad. thanks jj ...

chime when Outlook gets mail
Is there a way up change the sound? I'm on Outlook 2000 SP-3 9.0 with an XP machine and the sound is so subtle that I miss it sometimes. When i was on 98, it was a fairly clear two-pitch tone. ...

Client-Side Junk E-Mail Filtering
We are using Intelligent Message Filtering with Exchange 2003 SP2. We have a user where e-mail sent to a distribution list hidden from the GAL is being moved to his Junk E-Mail folder by Outlook 2003 SP3 client-side filtering. The e-mail is not being moved if cached-mode is disabled. I added the distribution list address to the user’s Safe Recipients list of their Outlook. Does the distribution list have to be visible in the GAL for client-side filtering to function properly or am I missing something else? Thank you Is this mail entirely internal or does it come from outsi...

How can my cursor move to an input cell without going to formulas
I have a workbook with working figures. I would prefer to have my cursor move automatically to input cells by ignoring the cell where I have formulas. How can I do it. Thks for your help -- Michel Unlock all cells. Lock the formula cells. Protect the worksheet. Use Tab key to move to unlocked cells. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:26:01 -0700, Michel <Michel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a workbook with working figures. I would prefer to have my cursor move >automatically to input cells by ignoring the cell where I have...

Only accept mail from people in my address book
How can Outlook be configured only to accept mail from addresses in my address book. Or how can it automatically delete mail from addresses not in my address book? On 10/22/2003 7:55 PM, DCJ wrote: > How can Outlook be configured only to accept mail from > addresses in my address book. Or how can it automatically > delete mail from addresses not in my address book? I don't think this can be done. Other members may have ways to do this. Sorry that I can be any helpful. Good luck. Alex -- -( Alex Yu | Systms Admintr | Multmd Devlpr | AEM | RPI | MSFT MVP )- What v...

Send HTML e-mails through a rule
Hi group, There is a way to send html e-mails with a rule? At this time we have a rule and it send an e-mail when a we create a new case, but it is only in text mode Thanks! ...

Writing rules: Looking for text string in HTML Body
I am trying to fight SPAM by deleting messages that contain certain text strings in the body. It seems certain SPAM messages run in streaks and I can get hundreds of the same message but I am unable to block them with my SPAM software so I want to write a rule to delete them. Writing a "normal" rule and selecting: "with '<TARGET TEXT>' in the body" may not work on an HTML message if the sender has disguised that text as follows: Displayed text: a new home purchase HTML Code for same: a n<AJZDE>ew home purcha</LAHIOJ>se How can I fil...

i want to mail merge 1 address per postcard 4 to a page,
I have postcards preprinted on one side. I have made a publication using mail merge to add addresses. But I have 4 postcards on a page when I do the mail merge I am getting 4 postcards with the same address. How do I get one address per card but do 4 to a page? What version Publisher? In some earlier versions the print preview showed all the addresses the same, it was/is a Publisher bug. In Publisher 2007, once you have your postcard created --- File, print merge, on this screen, select multiple copies per sheet and landscape. There is a print preview on this screen. -- Mary Sauer ...

Cant send mail to Yahoo
Hello, I am running exchange 2003 with SP1 on a Windows 2003 server. I am having a problem sending emails to yahoo. this is the only domain I have problems with. The emails just sit in the que until they finally time out after 48 hours. We can recieve emails from Yahoo, but can not send. Any ideas? Sure its not them? Periodic issues with yahoo, hotmail and msn isnt too uncommon. On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:29:13 -0800, "James M" <JamesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am running exchange 2003 with SP1 on a Windows 2003 server. I am having a >pro...