Receive triplicate emails - Why?

On earthlink webmail, I only receive one of each email.
When I "Send/Receive" from Outlook 2000, the Send/Receive
window tells me I'm receiving 10 emails, but 30 appear in
my inbox.  Everything arrives in triplicate or duplicate.
Extended headers appear to be the same in all three
identical emails.

Things I've tried and know:
Deleted and then reconfigured my earthlink account many
times.  There is only one earthlink account.
"Leave a copy of messages on server" is unchecked.
Turned Earhlink Spamblocker On then Off then On then
Off... no change.
Sent test messages from other accounts to earthlink - on
webmail there's only ever one message, in outlook there
are triplicates or duplicates.
Ran MS Office 200 Repair Tool.

Anyone have any ideas about what's going on?  What else
can I try?  Thanks in advance for your advice.

Amy

0
anonymous (74722)

Amy,

  There are several suggestions at
http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Outlook-Duplicates.asp on how to
prevent and remove duplicates in Outlook.

  HTH!

  Mike Sperry
  http://www.SperrySoftware.com
  Find 30 Outlook add-ins that can make a difference!

"Amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On earthlink webmail, I only receive one of each email.
> When I "Send/Receive" from Outlook 2000, the Send/Receive
> window tells me I'm receiving 10 emails, but 30 appear in
> my inbox.  Everything arrives in triplicate or duplicate.
> Extended headers appear to be the same in all three
> identical emails.
>
> Things I've tried and know:
> Deleted and then reconfigured my earthlink account many
> times.  There is only one earthlink account.
> "Leave a copy of messages on server" is unchecked.
> Turned Earhlink Spamblocker On then Off then On then
> Off... no change.
> Sent test messages from other accounts to earthlink - on
> webmail there's only ever one message, in outlook there
> are triplicates or duplicates.
> Ran MS Office 200 Repair Tool.
>
> Anyone have any ideas about what's going on?  What else
> can I try?  Thanks in advance for your advice.
>
> Amy

0
nospam7515 (2084)

email 05-01-07
my outlook express canot fimd server.how do i find it .therefor cannot connect or get any names of newsgroup,and how do obtain any settings i may need or do i have to contact isp.cant send emails out.thanks Annette. On Tue, 1 May 2007 02:25:37 +0100, "annette" <awish@sky.com> wrote: >my outlook express canot fimd server.how do i find it .therefor cannot >connect or get any names of newsgroup,and how do obtain any settings i may >need or do i have to contact isp.cant send emails out.thanks Annette. > Please repost your question in a group supporting Outlook Expr...

Send Email to Previous Owner When Case Assigned
We are running CRM 3.0. We have a workflow rule setup that sends an email to the Account Contact and new owner of a case when it is assigned to someone else. What we want to do is send an email to the old owner when a case is assigned so they know the case is no longer theirs. Does anyone have any ideas? Hi Cassandra, You could use callouts to send mail to the previous owner. PostAssign would the callout that could be used to serve your pupose. For any further help in developing this please drop in a line. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutio...

Duplicate Emails from one user to another
Hey, Ive got a weird one on my hands and can't figure out whats going on... We had a new employee start the other week, so I set him up a login, and an email address, setup the same as everyone else in the company, and everything seemed all hunky dory. Then one of our original employees starts telling me that he is recieveing duplicate emails from the new user. No one else recieves duplicates, and the only messages that do duplicate are from the new user (like, none of our emails duplicate to him). Ive checked his message rules (in case he's done something dumb like copy the...

Newsletter Email Forwarding problem (re-visited)
Pub 2003. I developed a newsletter to be sent via email as a message. (in the body of the email, not an attachment) Looks great in my company Outlook inbox, but when i forwarded it to a co-worker there is a split in the newsletter. like two images were split up. what is wrong? any advice on this? Emails from Publisher are kind of quirky at best when they are longer than a sheet of paper. Especially when you have graphics. Unless your email message will fit on a single page, use a .pdf attachment instead. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "tony" <tony@discus...

Enable a DISABLED Datetime field (Due field) in email activities.
I need to enable a disabled datetime field in email activities. I have tried enabling it thru "crmForm.all.new_datefield.Disabled = false;". The datepicker is available for date pick. But the selected date being displayed on the date field is disabled. It does not allow manual keying of values into the field. Any idea how to resolve this? -- Many Thanks, Geraldine Hi Geraldine, What is the name of the field that is disabled in Microsoft CRM 4.0 ? , the only default field on the email activity form is the due date field and it's not disabled!! -- Regards, Karim Moh...

Attach Email to a Cell
Hi, Is there any way to attach emails or other documents to cells? Thanks Try: CTRL+K (Insert > Hyperlink) Micky "Dave" wrote: > Hi, Is there any way to attach emails or other documents to cells? > > Thanks Hi, This wont work as I need to attach actual documents to the cell. Thanks "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > Try: CTRL+K (Insert > Hyperlink) > Micky > > > "Dave" wrote: > > > Hi, Is there any way to attach emails or other documents to cells? > > > > Thanks If you say so.....

how to delete all emails in unread messages
How do I delete 718 unread messages at one time? Press control-a to select all files and then press shift-delete to permanently delete all On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:01:36 -0500, paulyj53005 <paulyj53005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I delete 718 unread messages at one time? -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ use the Search Folder or View to firstly see all the Unread messages. Then do as described. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "Scott" <ricketts4@verizon.net> wrote...

outlook email for an office
I'm not very familiar with outlook. Our office has 5 people with different yahoo email addresses. For compliance reasons, administration staff needs to see all incoming and outgoing email for each person. Is there a way to have all incoming and outgoing email for each person go through outlook first? Thanks so much for the help. No - you aren't hosting your own domain's email and you don't have a central mail server anyway. vanny wrote: > I'm not very familiar with outlook. Our office has 5 > people with different yahoo email addresses. For > compliance re...

Recieving email for domain test.org in domain test.local
Hello All, I have a Windows 2003 domain, test.local, where Exchange 2003 is installed into. I need to be able to recieve email from the domain test.org. What are the steps I need to take to accomplish this? I have been able to pick out a few of the steps I need to take, but I just want to make sure I know of all the steps I need to do before I proceed. Thanks for your replies! you mean test.org will be your email domain? is that what you mean? if so, you will need to configure a recipient policy that allows your system to receive email for that domain... http://support.microsoft.co...

exchange 5.5
I'm running exchange 5.5 on a server that is also the Primary DC. Inbound emails are being delivered 1 - 2 days later. We are using Outlook xp as our client-side application. Any Ideas? Thanks in Advance ...

Why do I have to click the send/ receive button to receive my emai
fxstc <fxstc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask your question in the body of the message. If you haven't defined a send/receive interval Outlook has no way to automatically poll your mail server. -- Brian Tillman "Brian Tillman" wrote: > fxstc <fxstc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > <nothing> > > Ask your question in the body of the message. > > If you haven't defined a send/receive interval Outlook has no way to > automatically poll your mail server. > -- > Brian Tillman > > Ok, But OE...

stuck email Outbox
Email sent using Outlook (exchange) gets stuck in outbox, sending through OWA works. If I open a stuck email in OWA and delete the recipient name and re-enter it, the email gets sent. There are two email accounts setup in the Outlook client Exchange (default) and a MAPI account (to access a voice mail server). When I remove the MAPI account the problem goes away. I have the same setup for 20 other users and they work fine. Removed and reinstalled Outlook and re imaged the computer system and the problem still persists. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Outlook usual...

Receiving attachments #3
I do many web sites, and receive many photos. I am getting the photos in the body of the e-mail instead of an attachment. I have tried to change all of my settings to no avail. I used my husbands computer to send myself tests, no matter what I do I do not get as attachments. When I try to save them by 'copy', and go to my photo program and 'paste' it states there is nothing on the clipboard. So how do I insure I get them as an attachment NOT in the body of the e-mail. use the paper clip button to add them. Are you sure you are using outlook? Outlook Express autopreviews ...

Send report to email
Dear all, I create a pay slip report and want to send the report to every employee's email. What is the best approach to do it ? Thanks. Chlaris If you are using Outlook, here, the code you need: http://www.datastrat.com/Code/MultipleEmail.txt Is the report individualized for each employee? If so, you may want to look at the PDF and Mail Class for Access: http://www.groupacg.com/ -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Chlaris" <chlarrissa_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eD3x2078HHA.484@TK...

large email stuck
I have an email with several photos stuck in the outbox and all the usual tricks won't get rid of it. What else can I try? "lyn" <lyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:200345B9-59CF-480F-8252-D9E9B2C4458B@microsoft.com... > I have an email with several photos stuck in the outbox and all the usual > tricks won't get rid of it. What else can I try? And what might the "usual tricks" be? Click File and check Work Offline. Close and then restart Outlook. Delete the message. Click File and uncheck Work Offline. If that doe...

Viewing of HTML Email Content w/ Embedded Images
Currently, we are receiving email feed into our application via POP3. What we would like to do is to view (and possibly work with) HTML emails, including those with embedded images, without having to save anything to disk, or any other "messy" operations. Reason being that some of our clients have restrictive disk access policies. Now from my understanding of HTML email, embedded images are actually attached files that are then referenced by a link in the email. To view in a HTML viewer, the image needs to be saved to disk somewhere. Is this correct, or can it be...

Receive mails in plain text
Is it possible to force Outlook to receive any mail in plain text format, even though the original was sent in html? There is one location to change the default value in Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format and one option to change it in the message to make exceptions, but this is just for sending. Peter Sorensen Copenhagen Hello Peter look at this http://ntbugtraq.ntadvice.com/default.asp? sid=1&pid=55&did=38 or you could do it by yourself Please go in the REGISTRY HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0 \Outlook\Options\Mail There you makes a new DWORD and ...

export outlook emails, and keep attachments
Hi Everyone, I want to export my emails (and attachments) from my old computer to cd, then import from cd to Outlook on my new computer. I believe I'm successfully exporting the email, but the attachments aren't getting saved. How do I do it? Thanks for any assistance you can provide! Andy Don't export your items, copy the .pst file to your CD, then on the new computer, copy the .pst file to the hard drive, remove the read-only property and use File->Open in Outlook to access your information. (Note - do NOT try to overwrite your new .pst file created in Outlook. Ju...

Message received in Outlook Express but not in Office Outlook why
I used Outlook Express as default for e-mail. I installed Office Outrlook and marked it as default. I continue to receive e-mail on Outlook Express but not on Office Outlook. What settings do I need to make? Open Outlook using the /checkclient switch: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/commandlineswitches.htm -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "Old Fud" wrote: > I used Outlook Express as default for e-mail. I installed Office Outrlook > and marked i...

Outlook 2K
Most of the emails that I get from spammers seem to be HTML. But my spam filter (iHateSpam) does not seem to use it's filters correctly when the email is in HTML format. How can I force (HTML) emails to appear in my Outlook 2000 as text ONLY, so that my spam filter will catch most of these spams and delete them ?? Anyone know ? >-----Original Message----- >Most of the emails that I get from spammers seem to be HTML. But my >spam filter (iHateSpam) does not seem to use it's filters correctly >when the email is in HTML format. How can I force (HTML) emails to >appear...

Copying sent and received emails to a public folder
We recently installed Exchange 2003 server at a client's site. Our client would now like to be able to have a copy of all emails sent and received from all users to be saved in a sent mail folder and a received mail folder. Both of these folders will be public folders so that everyone will be able to view these emails. I know there is an archive function in Exchange 2003 however, it puts all sent and received emails into one folder. Preferably the solution should be implemented on the server so that a user can not change any client side rules. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. ...

External user receiving mail for internal distribution list
I am running Exchange 2003 enterprise. I have an external SMTP recipient that is receiving mail unwanted from one of our distribution lists. I have checked the distribution membership and they are all internal users. At first I thought one of the users might have some inbox assistant rule turned on that was auto forwarding all messages but when the external user receives the message it appears to be from the original sender and not from a user on the distribution list. I tried setting up a contact in the AD with the external user's SMTP address and setting it so that the contact...

Adding Confirmation Email Receipt
Is it possible to add code that will give the sender of the email a confirmation receipt once the email has been opened with code similar to this: Private Sub CommandButton3_Click() ActiveWorkbook.SendMail "todd.alexander@bbandt.com", _ "Test" End Sub Thanks once again for all of your help. Hi Tod With Outlook code you can ask this but most users will click No on that msgbox. -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08e401c48ea2$6895f240$a4...

How to setup public e-mail address where multiple users need to receive messages?
I have been requested to setup a public address - public@foobar.com where the messages are received by several users. In addition, if the users reply, the message needs to come from public@foobar.com, not the users address. What is the best way to set this up? Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 with Microsoft AD. Thanks in advance. Setup a Universal Distribution Group in AD Users & Computers. Add all recipients who need to get a copy of the message as members. Also assign Send As right on the group to all members. When replying to messages using Outlook, users will need to populate t...

How do you remove Email forwarding highlights?
When an email is forwarded a couple of times or so, sometimes it has a bar running down the left side, one bar per forward. How can you get rid of this - is there a format option, or some other function that will remove it and leave the original email intact? In news:%230eMrlA2GHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, M Skabialka <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> typed: > When an email is forwarded a couple of times or so, sometimes it has > a bar running down the left side, one bar per forward. How can you > get rid of this - is there a format option, or some other function > that wil...