Receive only unread messages??

B"

Hi

Just wondering is there any way to setup Outlook to download only unread messages from my POP account? I've looked all over but havent found anything

I tried using the IMAP option as well, but while it downloads the messages outlook freezes, I therefore prefer to keep a copy of all messages in the pop box for web access when traveling

Any help greatly appreciated!

Regards, Chai

0
anonymous (74722)

Can't Send Messages Until I Press F9 Key
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030800050502050601040701 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit After I compose a message and click Send, the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I need to set to automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone addin? If so, how? Thanks. ---...

Outllook 2007 error message
Why would outlook cease to send emails with error message reading "system undeliverable message 505", an ideas? "Helen" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:eMcNletsKHA.4816@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Why would outlook cease to send emails with error message reading > "system undeliverable message 505", an ideas? > > --- > frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access Try asking in an Outlook discussion group. This group supports the Microsoft relational database product, Access. Try this to find an Outlook group:...

Get at messages in queue
Is it possible to get at the undeliverable messages that are held in a queue (eg to check the message body or redirect undeliverable messages). I would like to be able to selectively forward them to an alternate email address or to archive them to a PST etc rather than just deleting them? Thanks Alan ...

Default Exchange Receive Connector
Hi all, I just installed Exchange 2007. There were two receive connectors already setup during install, I have a question on the "Default Exchange Receive Connector." If I want public mail servers to be able to send mail to my exchange server, do I need to enable "Anonymous Users" on the "Permissions Group Tab" of that connector? Robert Exchange Server 2007: internet email without Edge servers http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/07/exchange-server-2007-internet-email.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia....

Exchange 2003...Queues...Find Messages...icons?
I regularily view messages that have been in the queue on Exchange 2003. If I select one of the domains of the messages in the queue and do a find messages I get a window with the various messages. The messages will have an icon beside them that varies. I am unable to find any documentation to describe the significance of the various icons under sender. Here are a few that I have seen: 1) A normal envelope 2) An envelope with a red circle around a red square in the lower right corner 3) no icon Anyone now where I can find a description of these and there significance? TIA R...

How to look at raw message
In outlook express you can view at the entire raw message but how do you do the same thing with the Outlooks that come in office, i.e., Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 etc.? I hate it when you have to downgrade ti get the same features. Rightclick in the (HTML) message and choose View Source. Note that OE is not a downgrade of Outlook but a completely different product developed by the Internet Explorer team instead of the Office team -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Serv...

Outlook error message #4
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error. What's the problem? ...

Immediate Multiple Send Receive
Sometimes I get multiple send receive status and it repeats automatically and could not receive any msgs.I have to close the outlook 2002 and open it again.. then it works fine for few hours then again the same problem. What could be the reason.. I am using Outlook 2002 with SP3.. This problem happend after installation of SP3..Pls help. Thanks in advance On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 01:12:39 -0700, "Parag" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Sometimes I get multiple send receive status and it >repeats automatically and could not receive any msgs.I >have to ...

received mail goes directly to "deleted items" folder
When getting new mail, the mail goes directly to the "Deleted Items" folder instead of the "Inbox". Any suggestions? ...

Outlook 2003 E-mail Preview before receiving
I currently use an E-mail client called GoldMine that allows me to preview e-mail sent to me on the server before actually downloading/receiving it to my computer. I find this extremely beneficial in weeding out the junk/unsolicited and potentially virus-infected e-mail. Is it possible to do this with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003? When selecting send/receive , it appears the only option option is to actually download/receive the message to be able to view it. If you are aware as to how I may be able to preview first without downloading, please provide instructions on how to achi...

send/receive error #7
I recently installed Office Student & Teacher 2003 and have been trying to switch from Outlook Express to the newly installed Outlook. Everytime I try to send/receive it pops error message "The opeation failed. An object could not be found." Help! ...

Reminder for a received email for follow up
I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This reminder would basically call my attention to the email (even though the email is in a different folder). Is there a way I can easily do this? I'm using Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks John Off the top of my head, quick and easy, drag and drop a copy into your calendar. -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "John" wrote: > I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This remi...

trouble receiving mail
hi oh computer smart ones!! am hoping anyone can help with my problem - i have 53 unread messages because when i hit 'send and receive' i get the first 13 then it stops completely and wont give me any more messages....i get this error msg: Message number 13 could not be retrieved. Account: 'mail.three.com.au', Server: 'mail.three.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'No virus found in this incoming message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD i have tried turning off firewalls, uninstalling...

Default MESSAGE CLASS for mailboxes
Hi there, Is it possible to change the default message-class that is attached to Outlook(2002) folders when a new mailbox is created? Specifically, I'd like any newly created mailbox (on our Exchange2000 server) to have IPM.Appointment.MyAppointment as the default message class for the Calendar folder (rather than IPM.Appointment). Alternatively - is it possible to change the default message class of the Calendar folder from VB? (the property seems to be Read-Only, even though it is editable via the user interface by picking the relevant form). Thanks! Uri. ...

Messages
We have a problem here, one of our user recevies his e- mails in his contact folders instead of his Inbox. How to solve this problem? is he using rules to move messages? look at tools, rules wizard. if not, try opening outlook using the /resetfolder switch. at the start menu, run command, type: outlook.exe /resetfolders -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgro...

NDR's not being received, EVENT ID 1028 ist not fullfilled
The sender of an message does not receive the NDR. But the administrator is informed successfully. The Event ID shows successful EVENT ID=B4s in this order: 1025 Sender OK 1025 Administrator OK 1024 Sender OK 1024 Administrator OK 1033 Sender OK 1033 Administrator OK 1021 Sender OK 1021 Administrator OK 1036 Sender OK 1036 Administrator OK 1023 Sender OK 1023 Administrator OK 1028 Administrator OK The sender does not get an successful 1028 and does not receive the NDR. Any clues? Best regards, GS. I solved this issue. There were two accounts with the same email adress. Error Mes...

sent and received fields
I've just switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000. In one of my folders, I have sent and received emails that I want to sort together based on the sent or received date, but all my sent emails sort together because the received field has no value. And the same for the received emails. Is there a way to combine these fields or tell Outlook to sort based on both of them? Do I need to write a VBA macro to accomplish this? Thanks, Michael ...

Help- messages stuck in Outbox
Hello there. Outlook Xp client with all service packs connecting to an exchange 2003 server. This person in my network has rights to another mailbox (which he accesses through her folder list)and when she attempts to forward 2 particular emails with pdf attachments to another user (who also has rights to the mailbox....not that it should matter) the emails get stuck in her Outbox. She can forward those same emails to me without any problems. Also, when she sends emails without attachments to that person they go through. i haven't tried anything else at this point. The person wouldn&...

Unable to receive email from CRM to Outlook
Hi, I have configured the CRM router and am trying to send mail from CRM. I am able to send the mail without any error in CRM. When I click the send button the email form closes. However, I am not getting the mail in outlook. Can anyone provide any hints on what could be the problem... Thanks and Regards Amit Amit, Is it an internal mail? the CRM Exchange Router only works with external mail. Thanks Simon "AmitK" <amitkarnik78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129643395.576146.287270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have configured the CRM r...

Unread mail not showing up in Inbox
Hi, My Unread folder in located the "Favorite Folders" section in Outlook shows that I have more unread mail than I can see in my Inbox. My Inbox is normally sorted by "Received" so I can see the most recent emails as then arrive. If I change it so that it is sorted by the "From" column, I can see all the emails in the Inbox that are appearing in the Unread folder. It is strange that they don't appear using "Received" though. Emails that fall under any rules are not affected by this so rules are irrelevant in this case I suppose. Also, some additio...

Outlook 2003 not sending some messages
I'm using Windows XP Media Center, and Outlook 2003. Some messages don't leave the outbox. I don't get error messages, and the outgoing message doesn't appear in italics like it's waiting to get mailed. I can't find a similarity between messages that don't go out. Thank you for any help. Sarah ...

"No message to me"
please don t send me email thanks ok, you're off my list oye. ...

find related messages not working
I have a user when he clicks on the banner to find related messages...nothing happens. It used to work as planned and he claims nothing was changed. Hello, please use scanpst.exe and if it isnt working after that, try to use ? | see and repair >-----Original Message----- >I have a user when he clicks on the banner to find related >messages...nothing happens. It used to work as planned >and he claims nothing was changed. >. > ...