Reading .pst files without Outlook 2007

Is there anyone who know a program / software that reads .pst files without
actually rely on Outlook 2007?
I used Recovery Toolbox for Outlook, and it did extract the emails that were
in the pst file and it has its interface, that's good. However, is missing
one crucial part, the date of when the email was sent.

it does not not state the dates when those emails were sent and that is very
important for me as I have thousands of emails that I track through the
date(s).

Does anyone knows a similar program that does what was mentioned above, but
also displays the dates of when the email was sent too?

Feel free to suggest or any tips/tricks.
Thank you and appreciated.

0
mduque (8)

P.S. - The Recovery Toolbox for Outlook app, in its interface does show of
when the email was sent, however, you can read the mail even with double
click. You have to first export it into a folder. However, once the emails
are exported into a folder, it shows the date of when the emails were
extracted. NOT the date of when the email was sent..... sigh.... any help
would be much appreciated. Thank you.
0
mduque (8)
11/10/2008 9:08:01 AM
"mduque" <mduque@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> P.S. - The Recovery Toolbox for Outlook app, in its interface does show of
> when the email was sent, however, you can read the mail even with double
> click. You have to first export it into a folder. However, once the emails
> are exported into a folder, it shows the date of when the emails were
> extracted. NOT the date of when the email was sent..... sigh.... any help
> would be much appreciated. Thank you.

What do you mean by "shows the date of when the emails were extracted"?
Where do you see the date?  Are you looking at the files in Windows Explorer
or are you opening them in Outlook to examine them and see the date there?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/10/2008 2:37:53 PM
In Windows Explorer. They show the date of when they were extracted from pst
file.
Just needed something that would show the date of when the email was sent.

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "mduque" <mduque@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > P.S. - The Recovery Toolbox for Outlook app, in its interface does show of
> > when the email was sent, however, you can read the mail even with double
> > click. You have to first export it into a folder. However, once the emails
> > are exported into a folder, it shows the date of when the emails were
> > extracted. NOT the date of when the email was sent..... sigh.... any help
> > would be much appreciated. Thank you.
>
> What do you mean by "shows the date of when the emails were extracted"?
> Where do you see the date?  Are you looking at the files in Windows Explorer
> or are you opening them in Outlook to examine them and see the date there?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
mduque (8)
11/10/2008 3:15:01 PM
They are showing the modified date, which is to be expected in explorer,
also would be shown if you exported msgs to an Outlook pst

> In Windows Explorer. They show the date of when they were extracted from
> pst
> file.
> Just needed something that would show the date of when the email was sent.
>

> "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> "mduque" <mduque@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > P.S. - The Recovery Toolbox for Outlook app, in its interface does show
>> > of
>> > when the email was sent, however, you can read the mail even with
>> > double
>> > click. You have to first export it into a folder. However, once the
>> > emails
>> > are exported into a folder, it shows the date of when the emails were
>> > extracted. NOT the date of when the email was sent..... sigh.... any
>> > help
>> > would be much appreciated. Thank you.
>>
>> What do you mean by "shows the date of when the emails were extracted"?
>> Where do you see the date?  Are you looking at the files in Windows
>> Explorer
>> or are you opening them in Outlook to examine them and see the date
>> there?
>> --
>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
DL
11/10/2008 4:02:54 PM
Problem solved. Just used Aid4Mail to extract all the emails that were inside
the pst file. When I see all the emails listed in the Windows explorer, on
the Date tab shows the email actually sent date. That's what I needed most.

Thank you for all the help. Much appreciated.

"DL" wrote:

> They are showing the modified date, which is to be expected in explorer,
> also would be shown if you exported msgs to an Outlook pst
>
> "mduque" <mduque@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Windows Explorer. They show the date of when they were extracted from
> > pst
> > file.
> > Just needed something that would show the date of when the email was sent.
> >

> > "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> "mduque" <mduque@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> What do you mean by "shows the date of when the emails were extracted"?
> >> Where do you see the date?  Are you looking at the files in Windows
> >> Explorer
> >> or are you opening them in Outlook to examine them and see the date
> >> there?
> >> --
> >> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
mduque (8)
11/10/2008 5:53:01 PM
"mduque" <mduque@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> In Windows Explorer. They show the date of when they were extracted from
> pst
> file.
> Just needed something that would show the date of when the email was sent.

I would expect you to see the dates the external files were created then.
WIndows doesn't know they're mail files.  It just sees that you creates some
new files on whatever their dates are.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/10/2008 7:44:16 PM
There is .NET API to read/create .pst files:

http://www.independentsoft.de/pst

> On Monday, November 10, 2008 4:03 AM mduqu wrote:

> Is there anyone who know a program / software that reads .pst files without
> actually rely on Outlook 2007?
> I used Recovery Toolbox for Outlook, and it did extract the emails that were
> in the pst file and it has its interface, that's good. However, is missing
> one crucial part, the date of when the email was sent.
>
> it does not not state the dates when those emails were sent and that is very
> important for me as I have thousands of emails that I track through the
> date(s).
>
> Does anyone knows a similar program that does what was mentioned above, but
> also displays the dates of when the email was sent too?
>
> Feel free to suggest or any tips/tricks.
> Thank you and appreciated.

>> On Monday, November 10, 2008 4:08 AM mduqu wrote:

>> P.S. - The Recovery Toolbox for Outlook app, in its interface does show of
>> when the email was sent, however, you can read the mail even with double
>> click. You have to first export it into a folder. However, once the emails
>> are exported into a folder, it shows the date of when the emails were
>> extracted. NOT the date of when the email was sent..... sigh.... any help
>> would be much appreciated. Thank you.

>>> On Monday, November 10, 2008 9:37 AM Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

>>> "mduque" <mduque@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> What do you mean by "shows the date of when the emails were extracted"?
>>> Where do you see the date?  Are you looking at the files in Windows Explorer
>>> or are you opening them in Outlook to examine them and see the date there?
>>> --
>>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Linking files 2 ways

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Maximum file sizes

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook Sales

File size #11

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

find action on log file

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error