Reading Pane & RightClick email->Properties

Hello

Is there a simple way to turn off the Reading Pane globally across all email
accounts being viewed within an Outlook 2003 session... eg. I have several
accounts HTTP, POP etc, and have to individually go through each accounts
folder in turn disabling the reading pane which is a real "pane" (excuse the
punn:-).  I'm looking for something along the lines of a registry edit hack,
or config file change.

Also, what happened to the ability to right click a message and choose
properties to view header details ? This only appears valid now under the
Personal folders, and not within any HTTP based mail (cf Outlook Express).

Regards

Steve

Steve <news_svaardt@NOSPAM_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a simple way to turn off the Reading Pane globally across
> all email accounts being viewed within an Outlook 2003 session... eg.
> I have several accounts HTTP, POP etc, and have to individually go
> through each accounts folder in turn disabling the reading pane which
> is a real "pane" (excuse the punn:-).  I'm looking for something
> along the lines of a registry edit hack, or config file change.

Start Outlook with the /nopreview command line switch.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Auto copy for outgoing email #2
Hi Everybody, Hope someone can give me a idea. Server: Microsoft Exchange Server 2000. Client: Microsoft Outlook 2003 I would like to setup auto copy outgoing email of selected mailbox to another mailbox? For example, all emails sent by user A, the email be delivered to user B automatically. But the user A does not know that the email is copied to user B. Thank you for your attention in advance. Thomas S. Message journaling by putting your users in dedicated store http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF011.html SelectiveJournaling for MS Exchange 2000/2003 http://www.ivas...

how do i set up outlook to send and receive email
I've been trying to set up outlook to send and receive email. I think I set it up right but I'm not sure. Please help.. Thanks In news:3B2D64E8-EDE0-4319-AC39-A15C633B4C2D@microsoft.com, Michelle <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I've been trying to set up outlook to send and receive email. I think > I set it up right but I'm not sure. Please help.. > Thanks Check with your ISP/mail host for tech support on this. Nobody here can possibly know anything about your e-mail account settings. Good luck! Michelle wrote: || I've been trying to s...

FIlter, Export & Email
Sure would oblige if one could provide a piece of code to be attached to a button on split-form "Complain" in which the entries that have the boolean field "Pending" checkbox checked be filtered, exported to a PDF, TXT or CSV format and attached to a blank email ready for inserting only the recepient's address and msg and be emailed. -- Thanx & Best Regards, Faraz! I am using OFFICE 2007! -- Thanx again Faraz! Alright!!! DoCmd.SendObject Did It! -- Thanx & Best Regards, Faraz! "Faraz Ahmed Qureshi" wrote: > Sur...

Duplicate Emails being sent.
I have having a problem with duplicate emails being sent. As many as 50 to 60 emails are being sent for piece pf mail. I have set the server timer to 10 but it is not helping. Any help would be appreciated ...

send email with mozilla
Excel 2K and Excel XP had a menu item File -> Send To -> Mail Recipient (as Attachment) when Mozilla was installed as the main mail client. This menu item does not show up any more in Excel 2K3. Is there a way of acivating it again? Since I asked the question here, I thought I might also give the answer, since I found it. The Sent To menu item will only appear if Outlook is installed. If after installing Outlook you make another mail program you default mailer, the menu item will open this mail program to send attachments. But you will not be able to send from the menu, even with ano...

Secondary Email
Some of our users have 2 email addresses and although CRM allows entry of a second email address, there doesnt seem to be a way to choose which address is used when sending email (from the IE client). Are we missing something ? Thanks Ian Nope. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Ian Kelsall" wrote: > Some of our users have 2 email addresses and although CRM allows entry of a > second email address, there doesnt seem to be a way to choose which address > is used when sending email (from the IE client). > Are we missing something ? > >...

Allow email to only one external address?
How would you go about setting Exhcange up so that a specific user could only send e-mails to any internal address, but only a single external e-mail address? Thanks! aaron You could do this by creating two SMTP Connectors and then restricting who can send to the SMTP Connector with address space *, and opening up who can send to the SMTP Connector with address space of alloweddomain.com. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ATC" <ATC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76AC2388-65B9-488C-BA07-704E389...

Email Address #6
Hello, We have an email id officeadmin@company.com and had an name of Person1 has been assigned to it. This person is moved to some other department and she needs the same mail box. She will get her own email id person1@company.com. I had created new smtp email id for her and set that as primary and removed the officeadmin@company.com form her email tasks. I created a new user and tried to add "officeadmin@company.com" to that user but it says "this e-mail address already exists in the organization". I had already removed that id from the properties and I go back and ...

email from outlook
bought laptop with Outlook already loaded. I can't email from my contacts. the outlook license page says "no email" how can i get the email.. thanks Have you added any mail accounts to your profile? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:009f01c3b134$10820cc0$a501280a@phx.gbl, capemey wrote: > bought laptop with Outlook already loaded. I can't email > from my contacts. the outlook license page says "no email" > ho...

Word as email editor and HTML
Im using Word as my email editor, and Script Editor as my HTML editor from within word. In Script Editor, I paste in some nice clean HTML, save it, and return to Word. Send as an email merge. When I look at the resulting email in hotmail (Im testing it before it goes final), the formatting tends to be screwed up. ie. text changing size (especially when word notices some text is a date, for example). Is there anyway to strip all the useless junk that Word throws in there? Why can't word just use a simple FONT tag instead of SPAN crap like style='color:red;mso-ansi-language:EN...

how do i set up outlook notifiy me of emails with out opening it
i am trying to find out how to configure my outlook to run in the notification area but not have the hole program running and it tell me i have an email. It does that on my computer at work but it doesnt do that on my personal computer it only does this if i have outlook open already If you're using a POP3 server for your mail there are a number of free small POP3 checkers that will tell you that there's mail waiting to be retreived. "Donald Wyman" <Donald Wyman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9863E305-7C09-4ABA-BBF7-A105C162EB7E@microsoft.com......

Loosing email addresses 04-09-10
Every time i am loosing my email addresses in lifemail Windows 7, can any one help me please The same thing is happening to me -I just keep losing the same contacts I make over and over -and I have searched for answers and cannot find any. "Sidewinder" wrote: > Every time i am loosing my email addresses in lifemail Windows 7, can any > one help me please > > . > If contacts continue to disappear, it might be appropriate to update the Contact.msi file(only deployed if Windows Live Essentials was installed after the last required WLMsgr upgrade...

Is there a method to quickly delete duplicate emails from a folder
Using the manual Archiving process has caused duplicate emails to appear in the archive folder. Is there a method to sort and delete the duplicates? I am using Outlook 2000. "tamplig" wrote in message news:B260DC5A-B24A-44A4-A6FB-67A2CAD99F9C@microsoft.com... > Using the manual Archiving process has caused duplicate emails to > appear in > the archive folder. Is there a method to sort and delete the > duplicates? I am > using Outlook 2000. Maybe sorting by modified date would group together the items that got moved together by the auto-archive operation, then ...

How do I back up entire Outlook, contacts, email, etc.?
How do I back up this stuff to desktop or disk, please? Thanks. By copying your outlook data file.(with outlook closed) Or using the free backup addin available on MS outlook site "Michelle Buonfiglio" <MichelleBuonfiglio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C1DDB57-44D3-4471-AC41-55252699B371@microsoft.com... > How do I back up this stuff to desktop or disk, please? Thanks. Excellent information located here: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://...

Exchange 2003 (SP1) 90% of Emails not sending
I am using Exchange 2003 with (SP1), 90% of emails get stuck within the queues! When I restart the SMTP service the emails still remain within the queues, but if I restart the whole server the emails are sent. Has anyone had this problem? or know of an answer for me? Any help will be grateful. Andrew. We would need more info before we could start conjecturing... Which queues? Local delivery or other exchange servers or external? As a general rule, one of the first things I do in cases like this is check for NIC card driver updates..... "Scratche" <Scratche@discussions.mi...

How do i do an eblast from an excel spreadsheet, that has email's
i want to do an eblast from a column of email addresses i have in an excel spreadsheet http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "hmalloy" wrote: > i want to do an eblast from a column of email addresses i have in an excel > spreadsheet ...

How to combine None and Normal importance emails as a single group?
In my Outlook 2002 Inbox I want to group emails in three (3) groups - High, Low, and None/Normal Importance. At the moment, all I seem to be able to get are four (4) groups - High, Low, None and Normal Importance. I don't want the None and Normal Importance emails separated, but combined and viewed as a single group. Any advice? Thanks in advance, Simon. ...

Text only emails through Internet
I have a remote user on Outlook 2003 who connects to my Exchange 5.5 server through the Internet. She is able to send and receive email fine. Her problem is when someone sends her an email with graphics in it, the graphics are stripped out. However, when she connects to the VPN, the emails come through with their graphics. Are there any settings I need to check on my end (in Exchange) or in her Outlook to make the emails appear like the sender wanted them too? Thanks, John "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e7uQvRrnGHA.784@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

Error font or character email template CRM
hI cOMMUNITY, How i doing about the error font in the email template, because i write email show perfect but later in the client show character error for example:    Please i need trobleshooting that problem ...

Can't see email message content
I can received messages but when I open them, the message content is blank and I get a continuous hour glass. I have done virus scans - no viruses. I have contacted my ISP and they basically told me the don't know what's happening. Can you help? I have the same issue and was told by ISP to contact Microsoft...help!!! >-----Original Message----- >I can received messages but when I open them, the message content is blank and I get a continuous hour glass. I have done virus scans - no viruses. I have contacted my ISP and they basically told me the don't know what's...

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

Can't send emails #5
Just downloaded Small Business Ed. 2003. Set up new outlook on this and can rec. emails but can't send. Please Help? -- fergie65 Do you get any error messages when trying to send? "fergie65" <fergie65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51A2F259-A737-4AF1-9600-FAAA749D53B4@microsoft.com... > Just downloaded Small Business Ed. 2003. Set up new outlook on this and > can > rec. emails but can't send. Please Help? I think its in my setup. I enterd "pop3" as my incoming and outgoing email. I have to find my ISP address. Trying...

emailing from publisher #2
I can't send an email template as the body of the email. I can only send it as an attachment. Does any one know how to fix the problem? Which version of Publisher and what program and version do you use for email? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "sz" <sz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:277F0508-3279-4FAF-9947-909FB051659B@microsoft.com... >I can't send an email template as the body of the email. I can only send it > as an attachment. Does any one know how to fix the problem? I am also having problems getting an email to se...

Assigning Incoming Emails
We have emails coming into queues. When these emails get assigned to particular users to action, they end up with duplicate queue entries in their assigned queue for each email. When they accept just one of them, they end up with duplicate queue entries in their in-progress queue. The incoming email has the queue name e.g. HFL mail in the "To" field. The owner field has CRM administrator. When assigning to an individual user "Confirm Assignment - Remove Item from this queue" dialog box offers both the HFL Mail queue and CRM administrator user. Whichever of thes...

Forward email arrived to another
My client is having problem in setting the Outlook 2000 SR-1 (9.0.0.3821) to forward the email when it arrives with Rules. The Rule has been setup to 'Apply this rule after message arrives with 'statement' in the subject or body, forward it to 'another one', using Tools -> Rules Wizard. Unfortunately the Rule won't work automatically. When an email arrives with 'statement' in either the subject or body, Outlook 2000 won't do anything. However it will forward if I go into the Rules Wizard and click the Run Now button. My client is running Exchange 2000....