Read Reciept feature in MS Outlook 2002

Hi Jeff,

   Thanks for the info. I had gone through the mentioned
document. The problem is that when using Microsoft Outlook
and
   Exchange, I am not getting "Original-Message-ID" field.
   In the 'rfc2298' its mentioned to set 3 fields for
requesting MDN:
   1) Disposition-Notification-To
   2) Disposition-Notification-Options
   3) Original-Recipient

   ( Not mentioned about all 3 being compulsary). My
application is currently updating only the header 1).

   Tried putting values for 2) & 3) as well but without
any success.

   Can you provide some insight on this.

   Regards,
   Suket
message.  What you should
>be doing is looking for messages with a Content-Type
of "multipart/report"
>and a Report-Type of "disposition-notification".  The
message id of the
>original message will be in the "Original-Message-ID"
field.  See
>http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2298.txt for the format of
read-receipts (known
>in the Internet standards as "message disposition
notifications").

>--
>Jeff Stephenson
>Outlook Development
confers no rights

>"Suket sinha" <suketsinha@indiatimes.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a UNIX application which sends & Receives mails.
>> There is a functionality in which: when we send a mail
>> (using sendmail), we request for 'Return Reciept', we
add
>> Header 'Disposition-Notification-To' and 'Message-Id' (
>> containing a System generated number'. We add a record
in
>> table with this 'Message-ID'.
>>
>> When Netscape (used a mail client & server) sends a
Return
>> Receipt, the mail has a header 'References' which
contains
>> the 'Message-ID' of sent message. Our
applicatidisposition-notificationon,
>scans
>> for word 'Return Reciept' in subject. If found , it
takes
>> the value in 'References', and looks up in database for
>> the record, updates the record for date/time of message
>> recieved.
>>
>> Now we need to add support for MS Outlook 2002/Exchange
>> Server. One change I can forsee in the application, is
>> check for work 'Read' in subject, besides 'Return
>> Reciept'. The problem is that I do not find 'References'
>> Hdr added in 'Read Reciept' send by Outlook.
>>
>> Is there any setings in Outlook/ Exchange server that
>> needs to be done. Or is there is any other way of
>> achieving this.
>>
>> Pls. reply ASAP.
>>
>> TIA,
>> Suket
>

>.

..

Outlook generates both Original-Message-ID and In-Reply-To in read receipts
when sending the receipt via SMTP.  However if a user sends a read-receipt
when reading mail in Outlook working against an Exchange server with an
Exchange account, Outlook asks Exchange to generate and send the
read-receipt.  If you're not getting these fields, it is probably because
Exchange is not generating them - I'd suggest going to one of the Exchange
newsgroups and asking there.

By the way, I'm glad you brought this up - I tried this in Outlook 2003 to
verify that we're writing the proper fields and discovered that in the work
to make Outlook use Unicode a bug had been introduced that caused us to
write a malformed field in Original-Message-ID.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

> Hi Jeff,
>
>    Thanks for the info. I had gone through the mentioned
> document. The problem is that when using Microsoft Outlook
> and
>    Exchange, I am not getting "Original-Message-ID" field.
>    In the 'rfc2298' its mentioned to set 3 fields for
> requesting MDN:
>    1) Disposition-Notification-To
>    2) Disposition-Notification-Options
>    3) Original-Recipient
>
>    ( Not mentioned about all 3 being compulsary). My
> application is currently updating only the header 1).
>
>    Tried putting values for 2) & 3) as well but without
> any success.
>
>    Can you provide some insight on this.
>
>    Regards,
>    Suket

0
stephenson (1246)

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook blocking attachments
I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: > I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with > a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is > that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? > > Thanks, > Dan try here: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm ...

MS Money 95 data files

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"