Re:security update

After updating my Outlook with a security update CD my
outlook wont send any mail out due to Protocol SMPT server
response 550 relying to prohibited by administrator,Port
25 SSLNo server error.Help me get back
                     Regards Gerry
0
gerry_63 (2)

gerry <gerry_63@hotmail.com> wrote:

> After updating my Outlook with a security update CD my
> outlook wont send any mail out due to Protocol SMPT server
> response 550 relying to prohibited by administrator,Port
> 25 SSLNo server error.Help me get back

Try enabling outbound server authentication.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Auto update of Pivot table
C. Pearson's website includes VBA code for automatically updating a Pivot table upon opening the worksheet. Does the code need to be inserted in "This Workbook" or set up as a Module? Hi, I believe it needs to be in a module and the calling macro named "Auto_open"; (you can use "Auto_Close" also to clean up if needed.) jeff >-----Original Message----- >C. Pearson's website includes VBA code for automatically >updating a Pivot table upon opening the worksheet. Does >the code need to be inserted in "This Workbook" or set up &...

Visio 2002 Service Pack Update
Microsoft has released an update to Visio 2002 Service Pack 2 that corrects the problem with file sizes increasing after being saved in Visio 2002 SP2. The fix is posted as a hotfix patch that gets applied on top of Service Pack 2. You can get the update here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;890668 -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Mark Nelson [MS] wrote: > Microsoft has released an update to Visio 2002 Service Pack 2 that corrects > the problem with file sizes inc...

update check box fields in the table using array based on certain value
One of my table has _Ct values and I want to update other relevant fields in the same table ( basically check box) with ‘yes’ or ‘no’ depending on the _ct values. Can some one show me how I can do this in Access and correct the following logic? Public Const ct = "H1_Ct H3_Ct H5a_Ct H5b_Ct RP_Ct swInfA_Ct swH1_Ct" Public Const test = "H1_Tested H3_Tested H5a_Tested H5b_Tested RP_Tested” Public Const result = "H1_Result H3_Result H5a_Result H5b_Result RP_Result" Dim objDB As DAO.Database Dim mytbl As DAO.Recordset Set objDB = CurrentDb() Set myt...

Windows live Messenger has downloaded updates, but won't let me in
I've chosen to do the update... Then I get to the Screen that shows me the list of Windows Live programs. All of them have the Checkmark showing that i have them.... There is no means of saying 'Update' on this form... The only option is 'close'. How the heck do I get in to Messenger if I don't need any updates and I can't log in without updating??!? Remove anything related to Live messenger entirely, then reboot, then reinstall, then reboot again, then it will work....... (may have been another 2-3 reboots in between there) "Win-doh&#...

Re: No dropdown arrow
An update: I can put this code in any other worksheet and create data validation and the dropdown arrow appears. However, it has NO EFFECT on the problem sheet; no dropdown arrow appears, even though an incorrect entry returns the standard error message. Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Range("D6").Select With Selection.Validation .Delete .Add Type:=xlValidateList, AlertStyle:=xlValidAlertStop, Operator:= _ xlBetween, Formula1:="1,2,3" .IgnoreBlank = True .InCellDropdown = True .ShowInput = True .ShowError = True ...

Update table with data from rows with previous dates from specifie
I need to update a table where if a row contains a specified stat value I need to change a date value to the date value of a row with the same subID but a different stat value. My primary question would be if I need a cursor to perform this operation or if it can be done without a cursor (Sql Server 2000 Tsql please). In the sample data below if a stat value is in ('A', 'E', 'U') I need to update that row - I need to update the date2 column with a date1 value from the closest row with the same subID but the stat is in ('N', 'R') and ...

re: compare outlook vs outlook express
what is the difference between outlook and outlook express? And which would I choose? Also I need to move personal folders of saved information from an old computer to a new computer from outlook express how would I do this? Thanks http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olexpr.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, theresa asked: | what is the difference b...

New 10-9-07 Office update Danger!! Word erased from HD!
Help!! I just downloaded the Mac Office update (the one issued on 10-9-07) through the Microsoft Auto update app, and the updated died in mid- update with an error message saying that the updated encountered an "unknown problem" and could not finish the update. I then clicked on the Word icon on the Dock to see if Office was still functional, and to my complete surprise, Word failed to load and displayed an error message I've never seen before that stated "application not authorized on this platform." Immediately afterwards, the Word icon on the Mac Dock went gray an...

C002001B during checking for updates
I had a a few bad sectors on my boot drive. A data recovery service recovered all but 12 files, which I have a list of. here is what I did. 1) run the installation repair twice - got the 80070424 err trying to do windows update. 2) copied the following files from an older backup to windows/system32 rasdlg.dll wlanui.dll 3) reboot. now I get C002001B in windows update Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: SLsvc.exe Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005 Application Timestamp: 49e02e64 Fault Module Name: StackHash_0d0f Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fa...

directory update exchange 5.5
I just removed a secondary smtp address from a user however after several hours the user still recieves emails from the removed address. Did i miss something tks angelo ...

MSP updates actual work when editing work in resource usage view
Hi, we recently switched to a master project arrangement for all our projects, which brought on the need to use resource usage view to hand edit the distribution of remaining work for each resource/task. This has generally worked fine, except recently we've found this very annoying problem - when we alter the work values, MSP is actually also modifying the actual work values with the same numbers - why would it be doing this? Heres an example: Task1: Res1 has completed 5 hours of actual work, and has 4 hours remaining. These are scheduled for a Monday in 3 weeks, and ...

on hand quantity is not updating correctly?
we are fairly new to RMS in our office, we have been working with it only for about two months and have only gone live with it in the last two weeks. we keep track of phones in inventory list as serialized items. in the configuation window, under the options tab, we have serial number options set to automatically synchronize the serial number count with the onhand quantity. i was looking at the item properties on a particular phone, and noticed that under the serial number tab, there were 5 total phones, 4 were available and 1 was marked as sold. this is what it should be. however, ...

Security Warning 02-03-10
I have Access 2007. Whenever I open any database, including ones I create, I get a security warning that "certain content in the database has been disabled." How do I get rid of this obnoxious warning and allow these proven databases to open with all content enabled without degrading security? Michael Follow that Options button. Open the Trust Center. Set the folder/path in which your dbs live as trusted. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or descrip...

Excel 2002: Updating links to other workbooks
I have a workbook with links to several other workbooks. When I open the workbook and click Update Links, I get a message box stating that not all links can be updated. When I check the links via Edit | Links, the display shows all the linked workbooks with status OK. Does anyone know why this happens and/or how to fix it? Thank you, CM. Deb Dalgleish site has a solution: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Look at other responses by searching on "dependent validation" "CM" wrote: > I have a workbook with links to several other workbooks. When I ope...

Outlook 2007: Disable Security Certificate Warning
When I start Outlook 2007, I get the following error: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline. Do you want to continue using this server? This happens every time I start Outlook, and I'm not sure why. Is there a way to disable this prompt, so it always uses this server? Cheers, Chase Hi Chase, The prompt means that something is wrong the security certificate your server uses for your SSL/TLS connection. You cannot just disable the prompt, ...

Windows Update Error 80080005
I am running Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I keep getting this message: "Error(s): Code 80080005 Windows Update encountered an unknown error." I have been getting this for about 2 months and I have ignored it untill now. I think it all started when I tried to update to SP2. Please help!! What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine (e.g., a free-tri...

Office updates changing Outlook settings?
Hello, Has anyone experienced some of their Outlook settings changing when doing Office updates? Thanks, Jerry Jerry, Which settings were changed, can you be more specific please. I have not seen where doing a general Office Updates changes the standard settings. -- Regards, Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group MVP - Microsoft Outlook "Jerry" <jerrypav456@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:upt1139gpu6vjvgelcc72gstnq2rjjfj1i@4ax.com... > Hello, > > Has anyone experienced some of their Outlook settings changing when > doing Office upd...

Account Level Security Mass Assignment account lookup
When applying restrictions by range of Accounts in the Account Level Security Mass Assignment window, the lookup uses Intercompany Accounts instead of Accounts. The Intercompany Accounts lookup works so differently from the standardized Account lookup as to render it useless. It doesn't default to the account typed into the From range before clicking on the lookup. The From accepts no dashes, only the entire string of the account, and there are no Additional Sorts by segments other than Main in the lookup window. The From/To range must denote valid accounts, not a range beyond w...

Updating Two Text Boxes Based on Information Entered into a Third Text Box
I feel a little silly, but I'm just going to come out straight and say it: I play Dungeons & Dragons and I thought that it might be fun to try and build a character sheet database at home so that I could play around with some of the program's features and learn more about Access. Unfortunately, I'm running into a snag. Here's my problem: I have a form which updates a table, called 'Characters Table.' What I want to be able to do is select a race from a second table, called 'Races Table,' using a combo box. Then, based on the race selected, I want to have tw...

updating time once only when a cell is filled
Hi, Excuse my lack of experience with excel, I tried to get an answer googling for this problem I have, but I didn't succeed yet solving it. I'm trying to fill a form using excel, but I want that whenever a cell is filled, the time it was filled is updated. The problem I find is that time is updated in all the cells whenever a cell is change, do I make myself clear?, imagine I have these table: A B 1 +if(a1="","",now()) 2 +if(a2="","",now()) So initially I have: A B 1 2...

Update site?
Hi there. (newbie ...) 1. Will the regular windows update site list updates for exchange or is there a different site (like office has) ? 2. I Just installed it on W2003 Server. I created two users and I tried to login from the same machine - I got an error (something with "interactively"). Why Cannot I login from the server machine ? I tried to play with the policy editor (I read about this problem on the web). Any suggestions ? TIA Guy Guy Cohen wrote: > Hi there. > > (newbie ...) > > 1. Will the regular windows update site list updates for exchange or ...

Money 2005 Crashes during updates
Lately, whenever I try to update my accounts using the "Update Now" option, more often than not, the application immediately closes even before I get the opportunity to check the accounts I wish to update. What's up with that? -- Jim ...

need to update stores with pictures from HQ
What is the best way to update the picture field in my 2 stores? i don't see any way to do it with the worksheets unless i run a 260 which i'd rather not do..... jessica ...

Users missing from Advanced Permissions after TM Group Update
I have noticed that each time the Team Members security group is updated, users associated to that group get removed from the Site Settings > Advanced Permissions list of users. It is a seemingly random bunch of users that get removed. And as we add more users to the system, the amount of users that are removed from Advanced Permissions seems to grow when an update is applied. I have noticed that I do receive an error for the group synchronization. It never completes. This definitely seems to be a contributing factor. Is this happening because I am logged in using my pe...

Re: Percentage of a number formula
Hello, I would like help with producing a SQL statement in Access that will take a number and divide it by another and multiple it by 100 to get a percent amount. I would like to do this in a query. For instance, I have created a query that give me the TOP 10 Institutions where the most people attend. Therefore, I know how many people are attending each Institution. Now, I want to know what percentage of that number makes up the total count for all students in all institutions. Can you please help me with this forumla? Thank you. TL In addition, I would like to know how do you make i...