Re:Name on Outgoing Email

Thanks,Vanguard.the second option worked,changing the User Name in Outlook's
email accounts dialog box sends that name and not the "hotmail" name out.

HTTP status code: [409]:Cannot sync pocket pc Outlook
We have around 30 users with Pocket PCs who synchronise their emails using Active Sync version 5 with the Exchange 2003 server. It was setup by a consultant a few months ago, and worked fine when it just stopped working. Now whenever a Pocket PC user tries to synchronise, it almost immediately completes with no error message, but no new messages have been transferred over (or for that matter new calendar appointments \ contacts etc). There is no error on the Pocket PC, but I have seen one or two errors on the Exchange Server's event viewer. These are (event ID 3005): Unexpected Exchang...

Blank Emails #2
Hi I have previously wrote asking for help but did not get any useful help. Thank you any way. I am not alone; I found two more people got the same problem too. What happens is the content of email disappears but To, From, Cc, Subject and attachments are fine. It happens to any type of email (HTML, Plain ..). This problem occurs randomly. When a user sends an email it is blanked. I believe Exchange, not by Outlook, blanks the content; I believe this because emails I had in my Inbox for some time (and read) also suddenly lose their content. When users start sending blank emails, ...

Re: Anyone heard from David A recently?
He sent me a message today. "We got hit head-on by a British tourist in a hired RV who was drunk at the wheel. Thankfully we are still alive and should be back to as close as possible and as can be expected to 100%." He says he'll be back on-line in 10-14 days. Mike Do you have an email address? I would love to send him a speedy recovery message... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message news:41ffe$42b42f9a$d8c4a621$415@FUSE.NET... > He se...

Random emails crash Outlook
Random emails crash Outlook. I have checked if they have had any virus or worm content stripped in Exchange but they do not appear in the TrendMicro log. Right-clicking the email allows for it to be sent to deleted items. If I connect remotely to the user's mailbox I can open the message without problem. I then forward it to the user and they can open the forwarded message. 1 user recently reported that a previously problem email was suddenly viewable so I thought this might suggest that the problem is on the Exchange server but cannot find any errors in the logs. The messages of...

Can't See External To: Names
Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise, Outlook Web Access 2003 From time to time a user of mine sends emails to external users plus himself. The problem is only his name shows in the TO: list. The external user names do not display. In the latest case, he was replying to an email received from an external sender. Everything looks fine in the tracking log for his sent email, all recipient names are listed. Needless to say he is not happy with this situation. Has anyone had this problem who can help me understand what's going on? Why are the external addresses unavailable for display?...

Exchange and POP email in same profile
Gurus, Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account on a new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail delivered to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify the POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine. The dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts. Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Thanks! Yes its poss...

#VALUE! when using defined name
HELP!!! Problem: receive #VALUE! Using a defined NAME range In workbook MonthlyBudget09Mstr.xlsx are sheets 1209Sch and 1209 1209Sch contains all monthly entries, 1209 is the summary sheet. Defined name: HousingItems, ='1209Sch'!$L$83:$L$88, Values: {"1";"2";"3";"4";"5";"15"} Workbook <<from Name Manager L88 is a SUM function but I have remove L88 from range and still have problem Placing =HousingItems in cell B4 of sheet 1209 results in #VALUE! Error B4:B9 are empty Can copy and then paste 1209Sch L8...

Question for multiple email recipients
If there is a mail from external client sending to multiple CRM users, whenone of the users track the email to CRM (e.g. regarding to a case or any other record), is there any signal to letting other recipients know the mail is being tracked? Any suggestion? If one CRM user tracks the email in CRM from Outlook, then after a few minutes it should appear as tracked in all other user's Outlook mailboxes as well. There's a process that looks for recently created CRM activities and 'tags' them to appear tracked in CRM. The icon for the email in the Outlook explorer view sh...

Display Table Name
Hi, Is there any way to code a text box to display the name of the table that I'm using for my query? I don't want to hard code it, since I have other code that changes the RecordSet property. Is there a way to have it dynamically become the name of the table that one of the fields is coming from? Thanks, John Schping john to get the query name use something like =RecordSource in the unbound textboxes recordsource then use a query name that references the tables name Barry "jschping" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any way to code a text ...

Emails disappeared yesterday
Yesterday, I had a problem with my computer freezing. I restarted it, pulled up Windows Mail and all of the sudden the emails from the last month were gone. The left sidebar was changed also. I had folders set for emails from from certain companies which also disappeared. Does anyone have any idea how to get this back? Did you try rebooting a couple of times? Also, try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen &q...

FIX: Untracking emails incorrectly tracked for Outlook 2003 and 2007
Hi all, As you know, it is tough to un-link or un-track emails (Outlook records in general) if you track them by mistake or link them to the wrong CRM record. The link below shows how to do it when using Outlook 2007. (I assume it is the same for CRM 3.0 and 4.0 but I cannot test the former since we just upgraded to 4.0.) http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2007/05/remove_crm_link.html The problem was doing it with Outlook 2003. I think I figured a way. You have to follow the steps in the link above but the problem was showing the CRM user fields in the email record to set them to 0. If you ope...

Flag drops from Email Mail Merge
I am trying to flag an email with a due date/time. Then I perform a mail merge to email and the flag drops, any suggestions? ...

Infopath 2003, MOSS 2007, email form contents
I need to use our SharePoint site to send user support requests via email. So I created a from in InfoPath 2003 with the necessary fields, added a button to submit it to email as an action, and published it to a document library. And it almost does what I want except: 1) I'd like to put the user info (from the text boxes on the form) into the body of the email instead of as an attachment 2) The user has to actually go into the document library and click the New button. I'd rather maybe create a view that just has a button that does the New functionality? Then I can show j...

How to add company name in activitylist of home page?
Thanks Chris Yes can create a pre-pend to activity subject, that when a activity is created, it will pre-pend the activity subject with the contact or account name. therefore, when going to the home page all activities will start with "ABC Company - call Bob about deal " etc, etc Hi Mike Could you be a bit more specific? How can i do this? Thanks! Christian Mike wrote: > Yes can create a pre-pend to activity subject, that when a activity is > created, it will pre-pend the activity subject with the contact or > account name. therefore, when going to the home page al...

Migrating Outlook 2007 Account Settings and Email Folders
I used to use a different computer, with Outlook 2007 installed on it. I had to remove the hard drive from that computer and now have it in my new computer, also with Outlook 2007 installed on it. I have full access to the entire hard drive and all its contents from the old computer and want to do one simple thing: copy all the necessary files over from the old hard drive to the new one so that Outlook 2007 will have the correct accounts set up and folders in place. I just haven't been able to find a clear solution to this. I've already tried just moving the Outlook folder from Local ...

Return a name in the same row
I have a 2 sheet spreadsheet. I want a formula to match a cell in column A of sheet 1 to a matching cell in column a of sheet 2 and return a name form the same matching row in column C of sheet 2. I have searched for this formula and cannot find it. Please help. Scott Sheet 1 CustNum 1 9 9 9 9 10 10 11 11 11 11 11 14 14 30 38 38 40 50 50 50 50 Sheet 2 CustNum ShopNum LastName 1 5 Name one 2 5 Name two 5 53 Name three 7 57 Name four 8 8 Name five 9 9 Name six 10 10 Name seven 11 11 Name eight 12 340 Name nine 13 12 Name ten 14 13 Name eleven...

Summary Page - advancing name of sheet
Asked question previously regarding I have a linked summary page and was having problems dragging down the formula to reflect the various worksheets. Sorry if I'm repeating myself, please bear w/ me. The formula given to me is not working - I'm obviously doing something wrong. Synopsis: My file has 52 sheets, the names of which alternate in the following pattern: BioPP15, AAPP15, BioPP16, AAPP16, BioPP17, AAPP17........ My summary page is for key #'s from each sheet Example of formula for sheet BioPP13 - =BioPP13!K8 I want to drag it down so it will reflect the same cell, K...

How to search for all emails that contains a specific keyword?
Using EXCH 2003. I'm trying to find all email messages in all mailbox's that contains a certain keyword. When found, I would like to export the emails into a pst so that they can be viewed. I've tried using exmerge but it will only let me search by subject or attachment. Is there anything in Exchange 2003 that will let me do this or do I need some kind of 3rd party message filtering software? Thanks. Unfortunately, Exchange does not ship a tool or utility that will allow you to do this. --Chris ============================================================================ ==== ...

Question re: TODAY or NOW functions
Hi, I use MS Office XP, and have set up a BOOK that has 2 worksheets, worksheet1 named 'checklist' contains a list of 60 establishments wh send data to me on a monthly basis (rows), with a column for each mont of the financial year. When i receive data for an establishment i tic the corresponding cell in 'checklist' with a tick (capital 'P webdings2). I have recently set up worksheet2 as 'Date Received' and have copie the table from checklist here. I want to make it so that as i enter tick in the checklist, 'date received' will automatically fill in th dat...

Trying to send email with windows mail or outlook, won't configure
Can someone please help me configure this thing!!! I can send a regular email through Windows mail with no problem. I cannot configure Outlook, even though I am using the same info as I used in windows mail. And, most importantly.... I cannot send a Publisher email in either one!!! What in the worl am I doing wrong? They won't go directly to windows mail, even though I have it as my default mail. They continue to go into Outlook even though I have it NOT as my default. They won't send from Outlook, And when I import them into Windows mail, they won't send. Arrrggghhhh! I am...

Configuring SBS2008 to allow mobile phones to use email / POP3
Hi, I have a customer that wants their field staff to use their Nokia phones to access their mailboxes on Small Business Server 2008 / Exchange 2007. What is required to set this up ? - Exchange 2007 / POP3 configuration ??? - Firewall configuration ??? Thanks in advance. Regards Michael What OS does Nokia use? Windows Mobile, Iphones and Palm Pre all use Exchange Active Sync (or some easy permutaion) which is easy enough. No pop required. No firewall changes either. On Mon, 17 May 2010 16:24:01 -0700, Michael <michael.green@solventgreen.com.nospam> wrote: &...

Outlook 2002 Duplicate Pop emails/accounts
Two Pop email accounts in Outlook 2002. Each time a message comes in, there are two copies. I know someone suggested a work-around previously, but I had to reinstall my email accounts in Outlook and I'm back to the same problem as before. Help! Thanks, Robert ...

Simple question regarding fonts, email and html........
Hello, I've got a pretty simple question regarding fonts, emails and html. If I were to compose an email message in Outlook XP using Wordmail, html as the format and special fonts (font that are likley only installed on my system), then send this message to some one else, will the receipient be able to see those special fonts I used? Thanks, Jeff Based on your description of the font only on your system, then the answer is no. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Jeff M. Ingram" <jingram@hotmail...

ipconfig error: unable to query host name
I am working through a router with one main computer, a wireless laptop, and a second desktop computer. When everything is plugged in, the second desktop computer (which runs Windows XP Home Edition) shows it is connected to the Internet, but when running a browser (in this case Internet Explorer) I get the "The page cannot be displayed" error. I've tried to run an "ipconfig" through the command prompt and I get this error: Windows IP Configuration An internal error occurred: the request is not supported. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for fu...

i keep receiving same emails that I have already received.
Are you using POP3 or SMTP ?? Do you collect email directly from your ISP or through an Exchange server?? "bix" <bix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09D66B46-F12E-4F09-8421-6DAA9C5860EA@microsoft.com... > ...